PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 Ready To Move*Into Beta Testing

Qu1ckset
Mar 19, 2012, 08:54 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 producer, Satoshi Sakai, is feeling talkative. This week, he provided the first details on the game’s upcoming beta test (it recently wrapped up alpha 2) and addressed fan concerns about the alpha version of the game.

The beta test, Sakai says, will feature more content, including story and quests, more weapon categories, and the ability to play in a new city area. Details for the beta test will be announced at the end of the month via a 2nd Media Briefing event, and the test will allow for up to 100,000 participants.

In a separate post, Sakai addresses the aforementioned fan concerns. In particular, he emphasizes improving lag, making it easier to to meet up with other parties for multiplayer, adjusting the game’s difficulty, and making it possible to “solo” the game with the aid of NPCs if you wish to do so. The team also appears to be making improvements to the game’s controls based on feedback.

Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/17/phantasy-star-online-2-ready-to-move-into-beta-testing/

Spellbinder
Mar 19, 2012, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a translation of the media briefing on Sunday. :)

r00tabaga
Mar 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
I would love to solo with my other characters as NPCs like Infinity!

Worship
Mar 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
Awesome!

Agitated_AT
Mar 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
How do i become part of this?

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
How do i become part of this?

We don't know.

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
100 000 seems like a lot. I cant remember that PSO or PSU ever had that much of players.

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sega ID (http://psomitz.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/pso2-alpha-registration-guide/) on that JP site i guess. But i pretty unsure about timeline and such.
100 000 seems like a lot. I cant remember that PSO or PSU ever had that much of players.

That doesn't guarantee anything. I wish everyone would stop acting like it means you'll get into the beta if you just make a SEGA ID and subscribe to the PSO2 newsletter... :/ In actuality, it's more likely than not going to matter. I'm honestly doubting that anyone will get into the closed Beta for just doing that.

Also, that guide is outdated. That was for signing up for the Alpha. It's different now. Here's your currently best shot for getting into the beta: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725351&postcount=1678

Cayenne
Mar 19, 2012, 12:13 PM
Everyone is gonna keep asking how can they get in Beta every 10 post everyday until Beta starts.

This will get annoying...

Yamishi
Mar 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Everyone is gonna keep asking how can they get in Beta every 10 post everyday until Beta starts.

This will get annoying...

Hey, I heard you know how to get into the beta. Could you tell me, please?

(just kidding, I was in Alpha2 and hit level 20)

Cayenne
Mar 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hey, I heard you know how to get into the beta. Could you tell me, please?

(just kidding, I was in Alpha2 and hit level 20)
You had me for a fraction of a second hahahaha.

DayDreamer
Mar 19, 2012, 02:32 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many players (a rough estimate) were in the Beta phase for Pso and Psu?