PDA

View Full Version : Getting the PSO2 Newsletter If You Already Have a SegaID?

Mag-X
Mar 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
So, the only info I can find about signing up for the newsletter is checking a box while registering a new account. I don't want to make a new account. I already have one from playing JP PSU. So, is there a way to sign up for it with an already existing account? ...or am I misunderstanding and PSO2 has totally separate accounts?

NoGoBoard
Mar 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
This page: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso

MelancholyWitch
Mar 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
So, the only info I can find about signing up for the newsletter is checking a box while registering a new account. I don't want to make a new account. I already have one from playing JP PSU. So, is there a way to sign up for it with an already existing account? ...or am I misunderstanding and PSO2 has totally separate accounts?

This (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso) should take you to what you're looking for, if you don't mind letting me know if you get to sign up I keep getting a network congested error I'm not doing anything wrong and this has been happening for days to me now, so something's must be right of others are able to and I'm not.

Mag-X
Mar 19, 2012, 11:02 AM
It keeps telling me that my password or ID are incorrect, but it isn't. I even reset my password from the PSU website.

[edit]

You must have "SEGA ID" to use is registered.
"PSU ID" "Game ID" and the (PSU) (PSOBB) can not be used.

Click here for new registration of SEGA ID

lol wut? SEGA is retarded.

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 11:10 AM
That clearly says you cant use a PSU ID, brah. If you're resetting the password from the PSU website... It's most likely a PSU ID. :p

Mag-X
Mar 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
I know. I'm saying it's retarded that I have to re-register when I already have an ID.

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 11:16 AM
I know. I'm saying it's retarded that I have to re-register when I already have an ID.

Ah, I see. It is kinda dumb that they don't have a central system to just connect all these ID's to... Oh well, can't do much about it really.

Mag-X
Mar 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
OK. I got it. It let me use my register using the same ID I already have from PSU. I guess it's just linking my ID with PSO2. Damn language barrier!

Thanks guys.

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
OK. I got it. It let me use my register using the same ID I already have from PSU. I guess it's just linking my ID with PSO2. Damn language barrier!

They're probably not being linked at all. They're two completely separate databases... You just happened to use the same ID for both of them.

Just sayin'... >.>

Mag-X
Mar 19, 2012, 04:18 PM
Or that. Who knows. I can only read bits and pieces of it plus the gibberish that Google spits out.