PDA

View Full Version : Best MMORPG to be be released: PSO2 or ArcheAge?

djfine101
Mar 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
I was argument with my friend about which MMORPG will be a better game. If anyone knows anything about ArcheAge and PSO2 please reply to the thread with your thoughts.

Thank You,

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
:D You are not honestly asking us what else is better deal? We know whats the best deal... it will always be PSO2.

Be aware that PSO2 isnt a typical MMORPG and you cant compare PSO2 with a usual MMORPG. PSO2 is kinda following its own road and i wouldnt dare to compare with MMORPGs because PSO is simply PSO and it got its own unique shape and charisma. Just try it out, open your heart and soul and maybe you will realise that not everything can easely by compared.

PSO is most likely a "Action MORPG", in term we want to find a name for that kind of genre.

Anyway, its not forbidden to ask but please i would truly try to study that kind of materia even more before coming to such comparisons and conclusions.

Besides: Wrong Topic too, so think twice.. before posting and besides this is kind of a PSO fansite and we are dedicated to PSO, so we arnt truly "open minded". Ofc many of us play other games but we usualy do not say PSO.. or... another game. We say PSO and... another game.

RedRaz0r
Mar 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.

djfine101
Mar 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
I sir am i pso fan for life! my friend on the other hand is more of archeAge. I posted on both main sites for the game expecting a none bias opinion. ON the other site most people are saying that the two genres are different. But again im just looking for some input.

Keilyn
Mar 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
I will think Guild Wars 2 will do a number in the industry, or at least be a contender.

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
If you want my honest view, your friends is loving that game and that would be his own decision but there are better MMORPGs out there.

My recommendations:

-Tera
-Rift Planes of Telara
-World of Warcraft (which is not a secret)

For experts and techs only:
-Eve Online

djfine101
Mar 19, 2012, 04:40 PM
i feel like Guild Wars 2 will just be like another WOW though.. what do you think?

Keilyn
Mar 19, 2012, 04:41 PM
The original guild wars left a mark on the industry, proving that one does not need to charge a monthly fee to run a game, that game sales alone can make it or break it. Guild Wars 2 is going to have a skill system and a downed system.

They are doing away with "pure" healers and allowing all players a method of healing. Incorporating other elements, so its no more the entire crap of waiting hours for a healer in order to be able to do any mid to endgame runs in standard MMORPGs.

thenigot
Mar 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
Xenobia,

i believe you are coming from a viewpoint in which you believe that Archeage has come out already, it has not.

And on the main topic of this thread i believe that PSO2 has the possibility to become a great game but not enough info is out while archeage has plenty of info out and looks interesting

djfine101
Mar 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hmm i think Guild Wars 2 will also be in the discussion of which game to buy haha

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
Arche Age is one of many Korean and Chinese games and basically from that kind of location there is a lot of stuff like that around. However, only a bundle of those will ever be successfull in the west and/or able to offer solid quality. Needless to say that the game industry in Korea/China is growing and that we may meet a lot of good stuff in the future. But i would not generally trust it to be a "great deal" out of nowhere. When time comes you simply may try it out, easyest way to judge. But as i said, i have seen a lot of stuff from central Asia and only a bunch was ever able to impress me, so i do not automatically trust it.

Guild Wars (good example that a good game doesnt need to be P2P...) and Perfect World are probably the 2 best F2P MMORPGs or MORPGs, from what i was able to detect. However, not fully comparable to many of the P2P stuff.

We surely are soon crowded by those MMORPGs and there is soon endless offers, but only a few of them may truly stand the test of time...