PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 600 Series

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 22, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi all,

Looks like Nvidia has finally released the new 600 series over in the UK. Starting with the 680GTX. In the coming months i'm sure they'll add the 670 and 660 and in time the 690. I doubt i'll part with my 590 GTX any time soon as it eats up nearly every game I throw at it, plus I can't afford any upgrades yet and I prefer doing a complete upgrade instead of bit by bit. The RRP in UK is around £450 depending on which company you go for.

Here's some benchmarks if anyone's interested. It's by no means the most detailed but it was done less than half an hour ago. I'm sure Tom's Hardware and other websites will do more detailed reviews shortly but at present it looks like it's dominating over ATI's 7970...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/graphics-cards/373696/nvidia-geforce-gtx-680

Tifa

NoiseHERO
Mar 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Dat TXAA.

CelestialBlade
Mar 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Pretty awesome. Love the "self-overclocking" capability, basically making use of otherwise wasted capability.

That said, what I really hope is that this lowers prices on the 500 series. Currently have my eyes on a 550 Ti, but that could get upgraded should prices drop.

Zyrusticae
Mar 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure these parts are going to be completely overpriced until they move all of the 500-series parts out of the retailers.

I feel no remorse for buying my 2x GTX 560s for running in SLI. They eat everything I throw at them, and will probably eat everything for the foreseeable future, too.

Still, it's nice to see tech finally moving forward. Felt like GPU makers have been on hold for liek two years, which is an eternity in tech-time. Unfortunately, given recent trends, we're probably up for another two years just for a 30-40% increase in power. Oh, well!