PDA

View Full Version : First Story Character Reveal & Closed Beta Features

Vashyron
Mar 23, 2012, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rqFjlM3ZA"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rqFjlM3ZA

So here’s a clearer video of the one that was shown in the Dengeki Event, titled “PSO2 Closed Beta New Elements.”

Closed Beta Features

Now the lobby from the Alpha Test has expanded into two areas. There’s a Gate area and Shop area, with some new facilities like the Medical Center.
New weapon category, Partisans that has a “twirl” move which can fill up the “gear gauge.” It’s quicker than the sword and can hit surrounding enemies.
Launchers, it is heavier than the assault rifle, so you can’t move and shoot at the same time. Its projectiles can give explosive damage.
Talis (Cards), like a shooting weapon, you can just throw it to give damage. Or, you can throw it and cast technics off of it.
Mags, an artificial life form that grows up when you feed it items. It can attack enemies directly if it becomes a “Striking” type Mag. If it is a “Range” type mag, it can shoot from a distance from the player’s position. It can offer support to the player too. You can add certain actions to the mag by giving it a “device”.
Photon Blasts, by filling the blast gauge, mags can transform into a mythical beast and fight alongside with the player.

Another new element is the Story, so let’s look at our first glimpse of a story character.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Zion-speech-450x239.jpg (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Zion-speech.jpg)

Her name is Zion (Sion)

When she appears, she says some strange mysterious things to the player. You can see her talking within these screenshots but her speech slightly odd. She gives the player something called a “Matter Board”, this thing seems to be important in advancing the story.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Zion-Matter-Board-450x239.jpg (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Zion-Matter-Board.jpg)

Her voice actor is Megumi Ogata, she’s best known for playing Shinji in Evangelion. In fact at the media briefing, he will introduce even more voice actors.

(I have to say, Shougai’s prediction on voice actors were spot on…)

Thanks to Ricardo for Translations: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-our-first-story-character-reveal/

Cayenne
Mar 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
Nice, thx vashy.

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 23, 2012, 10:58 AM
Holy crap, isn't it a really big deal if they got the main voice actor from Evangelion??

Even though she is super old now.... it's still going to attract some fans. Good job, SEGA!!!

NoiseHERO
Mar 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
I want my character to be voiced by Jesse McCartney.

r00tabaga
Mar 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
Nice to see the medical center return for nostalgia purposes.

Mag-X
Mar 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
Were they feeding the mag weapons? I hated having to feed weapons to my PM in PSU. I could never find or afford enough of anything decent to feed it, so I never managed to get it to a decent level.

Rei-San
Mar 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
I want my character to be voiced by Jesse McCartney.

You character does look like Roxas with blue hair. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
Mar 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
Were they feeding the mag weapons? I hated having to feed weapons to my PM in PSU. I could never find or afford enough of anything decent to feed it, so I never managed to get it to a decent level.

There were many strategies to feeding your PM in PSU. Either way let's not turn this into an "Augh PSU did this and I hated it because I hate PSU" thing.

I think you can just feed your mag anything in general this time. Or "It's more like PSZ" I don't remember how mag feeding worked in that game though.

@rei-san, nomura ruined my art style... D:

OldCoot
Mar 23, 2012, 12:29 PM

At first it is bad especially when you start out, but after some levels you have the meseta to buy the discs, traps or cheap weapons for upgrades. I think the biggest issue was how fast you wanted to update. Thankfully you didn't have to feed it 10 star items and even 3 star items were just as good but took longer.

I hope the new game has a similar format to upgrading.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
I hope to see some other famous voice actors here kinda makes you wonder who they are going to spend big $ on.

BIG OLAF
Mar 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
Her face almost sort of looks too small for her head. Weird. Looks like a scientist or a doctor.

NoiseHERO
Mar 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
Her face almost sort of looks too small for her head. Weird. Looks like a scientist or a doctor.

I was thinking this exact thing...

"Her forehead isn't giant... but something is off..."

*Awkward looking tiny face with huge birth control level hipster glasses*

"Can't put my finger on it..."

SuperChoco
Mar 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'm glad that I can watch that video without the annoying girl in the background. The game looks great!

lostinseganet
Mar 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
I love what I saw but I hated that voice actors character "shinji". I hope she uses a different voice.

oOSAROo
Mar 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
Ah cool the Meeting Area is great... :D and the Point Shop / Exchange Shop :D

lostinseganet
Mar 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
1 Mississippi.. 2 Mississippi lol. Megumi Ogata was Sailor Uranus from sailor moon. Could that mean...? Henshin (変身, henshin)!!! YEAAA baby. SOMEBODY is gonna transform.

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 23, 2012, 06:30 PM
Wow, had no idea they were the same voice actress! Or even who it was, for that matter...

FOkyasuta
Mar 23, 2012, 06:45 PM
Wow, had no idea they were the same voice actress! Or even who it was, for that matter...

*Insert transform Scene hur*

Aye japan. When did this started i had clue.

Ezodagrom
Mar 23, 2012, 07:07 PM
I hope to see some other famous voice actors here kinda makes you wonder who they are going to spend big $ on.
Well, the Japanese version of PSU also had famous voice actors, for example, Magashi was voiced by Norio Wakamoto (Cell from Dragon Ball Z).

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Oh wow, never watched much DBZ, but I love Magashi's voice. I just love Magashi in PSP2, period. Funny side stories.