PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to buy phantasy star online 2 when it comes out?

MaxNewman
Mar 24, 2012, 03:20 AM
Im planning the buy phantasy star online 2 when it come even though i live in the U.S. I hope theirs forums to show players how to play even though its in japanese?

kyuuketsuki
Mar 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
There will be a lot of people in this community purchasing and playing PSO2 on the JP servers. I'm also quite sure there will be a guide of sorts to help people get up and running and navigate around the menus and such. We are lucky enough have some kindly folks fluent in Japanese.

Arika
Mar 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
even in alpha test, there is already a translate for their menu. I m sure the real one won't miss it either.

MaxNewman
Mar 24, 2012, 03:46 AM
good i wasnt to sure if was going to put a translate in the game

Cayenne
Mar 24, 2012, 08:01 AM
This is what this board translated just for alpha 2:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192931
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193018
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026

You can rest assure the board will do what it can to translate the up and coming Beta and final release.

Spellbinder
Mar 24, 2012, 08:16 AM
As soon as it's up for pre-order please believe I'll be heading straight down to Akihabara. Also, I'l finally be done with college (yay) so hopefully I'll have more time to contribute to PSO2 like I tried to for PSU before I got weighed down with writing papers and research.

moorebounce
Mar 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
Since it's online only I may wait until a NA release. If there isn't a NA release then yes for sure.

r00tabaga
Mar 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
Since it's online only I may wait until a NA release. If there isn't a NA release then yes for sure.

^ ^ ^
This goes for the Vita version as well.

NoiseHERO
Mar 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
Weaboomode on the Japanese version

All day...

Everyday...

DayDreamer
Mar 24, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'll be picking it up day one, the vita version on the other hand.. Im going to wait and see how it goes first. I still need to buy a vita to begin with so one thing at a time xD

MaxNewman
Mar 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
Im trying to get a pc PSO2 is the only biggest game i been waiting for now i hope they'll but it on sell on amazon or something

Cayenne
Mar 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
^this may be one of those games where you can only buy from SEGA.

There's been much debate on this (and I'm not starting one here either), I'm saying details are unknown as how this game will be released (digital and/or physical) and sold (buying a box, playing for an account, subscription, etc.).

Again, not starting a debate, can't stress this enough...

Mag-X
Mar 24, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hopefully the game will be a free download, and we'll only have to pay for the monthly fee. PSU is a "free" download, but you have to purchase and enter a product key to get the full version, and then sign up for the monthly subscription separately. Very annoying when you can't read the forms you're putting your credit card information into.

But anyway, yes, I'll be playing on the Japanese servers on PC. I have no interest in the Vita version.

Dinosaur
Mar 24, 2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.play-asia.com/ has almost everything available import-wise.

http://www.japanvideogames.com/ also has online orders and mainly sells import items.

Mag-X
Mar 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
^ I can't see the need for it to be imported. PSU can be downloaded from the internet. Even PSO:BB was downloadable, and that came out eight years ago.

NoiseHERO
Mar 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
High chance it's gonna be digital download.

Not even sure how popular it is to sell PC games by disc these days.

Vita version you could expect a cartridge and box though, maybe, I guess.

I'd definitely buy the PC versions disc if it had one though for fanboy raisons.

moorebounce
Mar 25, 2012, 02:21 AM
Hopefully the game will be a free download, and we'll only have to pay for the monthly fee. PSU is a "free" download, but you have to purchase and enter a product key to get the full version, and then sign up for the monthly subscription separately. Very annoying when you can't read the forms you're putting your credit card information into.

But anyway, yes, I'll be playing on the Japanese servers on PC. I have no interest in the Vita version.

Man if PSO2 was free to download and you only had to pay a monthly subscription. That would make it hard for me not to get the JP version.

Mag-X
Mar 25, 2012, 02:43 AM
Well, it seems like that's the way they were trying to go with PSU, but it kind of didn't work that way since it was an afterthought. The game cost $10, first month free, and then 10/month after that. So, basically the same thing.

Cayenne
Mar 25, 2012, 09:54 AM
OMG this has been discussed before, many of times in other threads. This is why I said this:

There's been much debate on this (and I'm not starting one here either), I'm saying details are unknown as how this game will be released (digital and/or physical) and sold (buying a box, playing for an account, subscription, etc.).

Again, not starting a debate, can't stress this enough...

I just told the OP that details are unknown. I'm about to call PETA because horses are dying left and right around here...

Let's not derail this thread yeah?

D-Gold
Mar 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
I plan to get it day one or within the first week because I will end up tormenting myself everyday coming here looking at the weapons and characters people are finding/making in the screenshot topic ,reading blogs,drooling over gameplay videos if I don't.

MaxNewman
Mar 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
will the vita version will be free to play like on the psp the only thing you need to do is buy the game that would be pretty sweet

r00tabaga
Mar 25, 2012, 01:12 PM
Nobody knows the structure yet.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
I plan on getting it when it comes out for PC but imma have to get a new laptop (need a new one anyway mines over 5-6 years old) depending on the final specs i doubt it'll run on my current laptop or if it does...at minimum requirements....

moorebounce
Mar 25, 2012, 08:23 PM
I plan on getting it when it comes out for PC but imma have to get a new laptop (need a new one anyway mines over 5-6 years old) depending on the final specs i doubt it'll run on my current laptop or if it does...at minimum requirements....

You'll want to check this thread out when PSO2 drops. 5-6 years old you're gonna need something new.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187525

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 25, 2012, 09:09 PM
Been importing since PSO DC version 2, and no plans on stopping now.

Flash Ranger
Mar 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
I'm planning to get it. I just got around to watching the videos and it looks amazing. Plus the fact that it will be free to play is instant buy for me.

r00tabaga
Mar 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'm planning to get it. I just got around to watching the videos and it looks amazing. Plus the fact that it will be free to play is instant buy for me.

But it's free!

NoiseHERO
Mar 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
That'll be zero peso's amigo >D

Mega Ultra Chicken
Mar 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
I was going to wait a bit before buying it, but if it's F2P, then I'll probably start playing on the day of its release.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
You'll want to check this thread out when PSO2 drops. 5-6 years old you're gonna need something new.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187525

haha yea I saw. I plan on getting a new laptop when i start working....
my friend recommends I get that new asus at bestbuy but dont think i'll need all that specs.....plus its 1200.....although the graphic card can be changed so it would last longer in the long run.....eh ill think about it when the money comes in....as I'd like to get into more emulators and such

Believe he was talking about this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/4775907.p?id=1218525518576&skuId=4775907

kyuuketsuki
Mar 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Believe he was talking about this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%22+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/4775907.p?id=1218525518576&skuId=4775907
Jesus, that's a huge laptop. Hope you're not planning on lugging that thing around to Starbucks or whatever. Very good specs, except for the unfortunate norm of a cheap-o 5400RPM HDD stuck into an otherwise premium notebook... *grumble grumble*

But, any further discussion on that sort of thing should continue in the previously linked thread about that stuff instead of derailing this one. >.>
will the vita version be free to play like on the psp the only thing you need to do is buy the game that would be pretty sweet
It will be free to play, but you don't even have to pay upfront for the game itself either. That's called Buy to Play (you purchase the game upfront but it's free to play after that). Free to play (F2P) is just that: free to play (unless you want to buy something from the cash shop).

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 04:21 PM
Even if it'll be fully F2P, I'd still buy a SE/CE/etc if they offer something of that sort. Gotta have something to display next to my pretty PSP2i box and pouch~