PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Smartphone version + Character creation demo

aozora
Mar 26, 2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/26012089.html

Seems like PSO2 will be released as an app/game for iOS and Android.
Main features being chatting with friends and inventory. But will also be including a singleplayer mini game mode.

Also mentions about game client and monthly payment (for all three versions) being free to download and free to play. Add-ons will be the only thing you pay for.

「 そこで、『PSO2』のサービス形態については、PC版/PS Vita版/スマートフォン版、すべてのゲームソフトを無料ダウンロード方式で提供します。そして、いずれ のプラットフォームでも基本プレイ料金は無料とし、一部有料アイテムを購入していただくサービス形態としま す。」

And lastly, starting April 5th they will be releasing the character creation demo which will also include a benchmark program and the characters created can be imported straight to cβ

Ark22
Mar 26, 2012, 01:02 AM
Digging the character creation demo. Nice find on that part.

Also anyone that has seen my post, THANK THIS GUY, not me. Just reinstating.

Mike
Mar 26, 2012, 01:18 AM
Flipping through the screenshots on the Famitsu website, it looks like there are three new story characters in there: Afin, Zeno, Echo. Maybe they're just NPCs.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25740
Afin

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25741
Echo and Zeno

Ark22
Mar 26, 2012, 01:21 AM
The background yells PSO essence, the characters say PSU. Besides that pretty awesome.

NoiseHERO
Mar 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
Seriously want that kids outfit.

And ark, that's the camp ship. old news is old, what's this PSO esseence, I'ma hit you. D<

•Col•
Mar 26, 2012, 01:28 AM
Seriously want that kids outfit.

Cash Shop outfit only. trollface.jpg

Lol, just kidding. Anyone know what details they released about the story?

Mike
Mar 26, 2012, 01:33 AM
Anyone know what details they released about the story?
Nothing new. We know the names of a few NPCs now though. There's the funny talking Shion, who was announced on last Friday's blog, Afin, the newman kid in the first picture, Echo, the newman girl in the second picture, and Zeno, the human male in the second picture. The text bubbles in these two pics are just introductory phrases and don't mention anything story related.

oOSAROo
Mar 26, 2012, 01:35 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/26012094.html:D:D

NoiseHERO
Mar 26, 2012, 01:36 AM
Yeah man...

The story mode characters just scream Outlaw Star.

Wait, Paaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuusssee...

/see giant sock'em bopper fists...

/notices the wiredlance pose

/starts cutting my wrists...

Uuuuggggggghhhhhh... No fists. e_e

NeonaPulsar
Mar 26, 2012, 01:41 AM
Will this creation demo be available for the computer, right? Just a simple DL to use it?

Mike
Mar 26, 2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/26012094.html:D:D
Yeah. Buy a PC, PC + mouse, Win7 Ultimate DSP version, or an Intel processor and get a few special items. Woohoo. Most expensive in-game items ever.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25742
Anti-A Rifle/Nahato (assult rifle)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25743
Pikopiko Hammer/Nahato (rod)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25744
Rocket Punch/Nahato (wired lance)

NoiseHERO
Mar 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
SERIOUSLY

A FRIGGEN WIRED LANCE?!

Rocket punch these nuts! make the real fist weapons! D<

rezakon
Mar 26, 2012, 02:08 AM
Will this creation demo be available for the computer, right? Just a simple DL to use it?

It's for closed beta so It must be for PC only, plus the fact it acts as a benchmark pretty much makes PC a given for the character creation tool.

Kent
Mar 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm really glad the idiotic-looking robot fists are wired lances, and not actual fist weapons.

Because seriously, that fist weapon nonsense in PSU just looked ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Jinketsu
Mar 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
It's for closed beta so It must be for PC only, plus the fact it acts as a benchmark pretty much makes PC a given for the character creation tool.

Is it only for closed beta invitees? Or is it available for everyone, and those who are invited to closed beta have the opportunity to import?

Griffin
Mar 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
Rocket punch these nuts! make the real fist weapons! D<

LOL! I'm a huge fan of Knuckles, and I'm looking for something a little less Megaman-like than in that screenie!

Nitro Vordex
Mar 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'm upset that the knuckles are wired lances. I don't want to be GoW knockoff, I want to fucking punch things.

aozora
Mar 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
Is it only for closed beta invitees? Or is it available for everyone, and those who are invited to closed beta have the opportunity to import?

No, the character creation demo will be available for download to anyone. Those whom have been chosen for cβ can import the saved character data.

hewitt
Mar 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
I'm noticing a lot of really great oufits (:

Krank32oz
Mar 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
So does that mean if you can import your character your pretty much guaranteed that name when the game comes out? Or just in the beta?

Ark22
Mar 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
I want my fists from PSO. I want to un-equip my weapon then start knocking heads.

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hehe. It's become the Punching topic. (cue "Eye of the Tiger")

Still, I'm actually curious on the Smartphone versions. Not because of PSO2 like gameplay (which I don't expect) but with what kind of support games they'll have in them. Would be great if they has some casual aspects like their Mobi game for it, so it's like playing a turn-based version of Phantasy Star with PSO2 characters. Or even maybe something a kin to PSO Episode III. That would make for some very fun (play anywhere) distraction with the ability to keep in touch with friends (PS messaging, I'm guessing).

kyuuketsuki
Mar 27, 2012, 01:50 PM
So does that mean if you can import your character your pretty much guaranteed that name when the game comes out? Or just in the beta?
Names aren't unique, if I remember correctly, so that's not something you have to worry about.

If names were unique, it definitely wouldn't guarantee your name. One, it's available offline, so if you made your char offline, how could it possibly reserve the name? It'd still be first come, first serve, and if it's taken, then you have to rename the character. Finally, it's quite possible you won't even name the character in the character creator demo, you'll just name it after you import it into the closed beta client.

•Col•
Mar 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
Names aren't unique.

When you first log into the game, you have to create another ID(which will be unique) to reference your characters to. No one else will see this ID, however, so you can name your characters pretty much whatever you want.

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
When you first log into the game, you have to create another ID(which will be unique) to reference your characters to. No one else will see this ID, however, so you can name your characters pretty much whatever you want.

So, it's like our PSO2 "account", then? An ID we enter specifically for the game so the servers can load our characters?

NoiseHERO
Mar 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Technically you could say our names are unique! 8D

And our character names are just nicknames that are allowed to overlap.

I always wished more games had a system like this, even if you'd probably run into like 40 "Sakura's" in one room. (Why the hell did that name get so popular back then?)

Vashyron
Mar 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
You have both a Named ID and a Number ID that no one else can have the same, both are still viewable to other people.

Note the Named ID is not your Login ID.

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
Wellp, I'm confused now.

NoiseHERO
Mar 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Make an account linked with you Email address.

You have your ID number 20015555 or something (like past games) But you can also have a name linked to your ID number like "BIG0LAF" or "BlueBooty" or something.

Then your characters can have any name they want, even if it's taken.

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh, okay. I get it now. That's nifty.

moorebounce
Mar 27, 2012, 03:14 PM
I wonder will we be able to feed our mags using our smartphones? Now that would be nice.

Griffin
Mar 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder will we be able to feed our mags using our smartphones? Now that would be nice.

A fine idea that would be!

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
Except for the people that are too broke to have a $300+ smartphone. That idea kind of seems a bit unfair in that regard.

NoiseHERO
Mar 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
Well we already have a cash shop. If they're not lvling their characters with their 300 dollar vita or 200-400 dollar smartphone, they're doing it with the cash shop. D:

Griffin
Mar 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Except for the people that are too broke to have a $300+ smartphone. That idea kind of seems a bit unfair in that regard.

But who is to say that nobody already has one? :-?

Ark22
Mar 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Good thing I am rich...*Rich laugh* hahahaha

kyuuketsuki
Mar 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
You'll be pleased to know that any iOS or Android smartphone will be able to run the app just fine, then, not just the $300+ ones. You can get smartphones for free (with a contract, of course), nowadays.

Granted, the data plans are still overpriced, unless you get an "off-brand" carrier like Virgin or Boost. T-mobile actually has pretty reasonably priced data plans too (at least compared to the Big Two).

Griffin
Mar 27, 2012, 04:03 PM
I have a prepaid Samsung Intercept that only cost me 100 bucks on Amazon, and I pay 35 bucks a month for unlimited data. Virgin Mobile.

moorebounce
Mar 27, 2012, 04:09 PM

It's kind of hard not to have a smartphone and you can get them really cheap like the others are saying. Even if you think it's unfair it's still a good idea and I hope thats one of the things you can do with your smartphone app.

I would be feeding my mag while at work lol. heck I'd be feeding it all the time. Angry Birds who?

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2012, 04:15 PM
Well, I don't have a smartphone. I just have a regular ol' cellphone (yeah, I know, I'm not a 'cool guy'), and have no idea when I'd have any feasible way to get one. Maybe my next free upgrade will include a cheap smartphone, but if not, then that's that.

If they're going to have an app for a smartphone with features like that, they should have some sort of alternative method for those who don't have the privilege of using one.

moorebounce
Mar 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
Well, I don't have a smartphone. I just have a regular ol' cellphone (yeah, I know, I'm not a 'cool guy'), and have no idea when I'd have any feasible way to get one. Maybe my next free upgrade will include a cheap smartphone, but if not, then that's that.

If they're going to have an app for a smartphone with features like that, they should have some sort of alternative method for those who don't have the privilege of using one.

Not everybody has a PC that can play PSO2, a PSVita or smartphone so what's your point? Somebody is gonna get left out so you can't blame or get mad at Sega for that. I still need a better video card to play PSO2.

Mitz
Mar 28, 2012, 05:05 PM

Like what? A text service where you can text the MAG info and the game feeds them for you? A special pocket walker a-la Pikachu Pokčwalker that feeds your mag based on the amount of steps you take? I mean what other kind of portable thing could they reach that they could implement alternatives on? If you don't have a smartphone then just use the features in the game instead? How is it sega's issue that you can't afford one. Many people can so it's a great target audience.

Akaimizu
Mar 30, 2012, 12:43 PM
I also don't recall any manufacture that doesn't have these Smart Phones sold for $99 or less.

Skye-Fox713
Mar 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hmm, I can't wait for the character creation demo, even if it will be in japanies I'll still download it to try and make it work just to play around with the character creator.

Pentence
Apr 4, 2012, 08:16 AM
I just want to know if the character creator demo is gonna be available on droid and ios platforms too. My productivityat work might drop for a short bit but DAMNIT ive waited yeaaaars for this!

Angelo
Apr 4, 2012, 09:16 AM
I just want to know if the character creator demo is gonna be available on droid and ios platforms too. My productivityat work might drop for a short bit but DAMNIT ive waited yeaaaars for this!

I wouldn't count on it.

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 04:57 PM
I would say, smartphones and PCs become more and more a necessary tool in real life, so those 2 are surely very common. PSVita is for handheld lovers but it does nothing than playing games and is still not sufficient as a computer for daily work.

The good thing about smartphones and PCs is, that they can have multiple uses... which finally puts them at advantage.