PDA

View Full Version : Reddit once again proves Epic mega win

HappierWorlds
Mar 26, 2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/qvgi5/the_cyber_bullying_has_gotten_to_the_point_where/

If the power of Reddit were made into a particle cannon, it could destroy the death star.

There is hope.

Social media, FTW. It shall fell an empire. But which one?

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Neat article. I think the best thing about it was that somebody's life just got a lot better from it. Considering how much of the internet is ready and willing to trash just about anybody (just for the fun of it), it's times like these when enough caring people actually jump in for support that you realize the internet actually has people who care. (You wouldn't think it, given the day to day activity)

Randomness
Mar 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
The sad thing is, this doesn't surprise me at all, because I've heard plenty of anecdotes (from people I know well) regarding schools not doing their job and trying to make problems go away.

Akaimizu
Mar 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Well, that has happened since forever. I grew up with that stuff. However, it does seem the severity of the attacks (at least emotionally) seem to have increased since the bullies use more ways of communication to attack more often.

Randomness
Mar 28, 2012, 01:46 PM
Well, that has happened since forever. I grew up with that stuff. However, it does seem the severity of the attacks (at least emotionally) seem to have increased since the bullies use more ways of communication to attack more often.

And it makes it easier for them to collude and harass out of the eyes of authority figures as well.

Split
Mar 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
Too bad it's full of smug, self-righteous assholes -- and I say that as a member, myself

Remius
Mar 29, 2012, 02:19 AM
Bullies are pussies in disguise. All it takes is for someone to put them in their place.

The moment they get in big trouble, the moment they actually get retaliated on, the moment something happens that they aren't able to control...attitudes change very rapidly.