PDA

View Full Version : Photo Comic

Cranberry
Mar 26, 2012, 02:54 PM
I recently made a goofy photo comic. Inspiration for it came from the official PSU forums where Danger Smoog posts a lot of pony art. I started to get a silly idea that just would not leave my head. "What if Batman met a pony?"

I've already had a growing Batman interest motivated by watching the old 1960's Batman series on MeTV, which they've been running every Saturday. I found myself going to Toys R Us and picking up a Batman figure, and I found myself picking up a few Sonic the Hedgehog figures as well. When I got home, I dragged out my old storage box and was surprised to see that I had quite a number of old action figures and toys from when I was younger.

I cleared off my desk and started setting them up and acting out the idea I had and posted the result. Initial reaction was positive enough that I made a 2nd one. I am still in the process of deciding if this is a good idea and something that I should keep going, or if this is totally lame and stupid and should be terminated.

Reception has been good enough that I've decided to put it on Youtube and expose it to a larger audience. Take a look at it and see what you think. Should it continue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlPoW8aj_FI

TalHex
Mar 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
If batman met a pony:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/21lo42b.gif

Cranberry
Mar 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
o.o;;

Well, I'll take that as a vote to... uh... umm... Gee! I really don't know if that's a "yea" or a "nay"!

Sayara
Mar 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
Do it anyway, who needs validation for creative processes anyway!

Randomness
Mar 28, 2012, 06:35 AM
Do it anyway, who needs validation for creative processes anyway!

Anyone doing it for a living?

Sayara
Mar 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
I eat my paintings regularly yes.

TalHex
Mar 31, 2012, 01:00 PM
I eat my paintings regularly yes.

That explains so much, comrade.

Weeaboolits
Mar 31, 2012, 09:55 PM
I read the title as "Photon Comic", needless to say, I was disappointed.

TalHex
Apr 1, 2012, 01:01 PM
o.o;;

Well, I'll take that as a vote to... uh... umm... Gee! I really don't know if that's a "yea" or a "nay"!

Seriously though... you have no idea how long I've been holding onto that gif waiting to use it.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ponies do say neigh afterall.

PhotonDrop
Apr 1, 2012, 02:54 PM
I read the title as "Photon Comic", needless to say, I was disappointed.

Same here.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2012, 10:20 PM
"Inspired" by what about from who, nope.

Should go to a completely different fan site then, erryday, drop that DHYLAW on em then.