PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 on the PS Vita probably WON'T have trophies.

astronautcowboy
Mar 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
According to tweets about the upcoming free to play game Samurai and Dragons, F2P games can't have trophies (which probably explains why Minna to Issho doesn't either).

So I'm thinking unless the rules change, PSO2 won't have them either. Since it's multi-plat, it's probably for the best. Knowing today's games, it might have an internal system a la WoW.

Krank32oz
Mar 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
Does other vita games have trophies? Because if they did i dont see why pso2 would be any different. Most games out nowadays have some kind of achievement system to add just another layer of depth for people that like that or have done everything else. I say bring it on!

Totori
Mar 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it might just take the system from PSP2 where you got items for doing things, the title system.

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2012, 12:33 PM
Just about every Vita game I've heard about, and all the ones I've played, have trophies. Guess we'll have a couple possibly coming without them.

NoiseHERO
Mar 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
When did ANY PS use sony's trophy system? o_o

i'd say I prefer PSP2's titles again anyway.

SilverFoxR
Mar 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
Honestly, I don't care if there are trohpies for the game anyways. All they do is give you an arbitrary award for doing a specific thing. The award raises an arbitrary score that people can look at online... that's it. It's not like having more trophies specificly gets you anything IRL... so big deal if a game comes with it or not.

astronautcowboy
Mar 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
Does other vita games have trophies? Because if they did i dont see why pso2 would be any different. Most games out nowadays have some kind of achievement system to add just another layer of depth for people that like that or have done everything else. I say bring it on!

Other Vita games do have trophy support, but the rules are less strict than PS3 games (some retail titles don't have many trophies/platinum trophies).

Like I said, however, it probably isn't a decision SEGA can make. F2P seems to be barred from trophies.

Just about every Vita game I've heard about, and all the ones I've played, have trophies. Guess we'll have a couple possibly coming without them.

Yeah, F2P games.

Ark22
Mar 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
It will most likely. DCUO was for Ps3 and PC and that has trophies. Vita supports trophies so why not.

Mike
Mar 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
It doesn't really matter. PSO2 features its own "trophy" system: titles. The stream only touched on it shortly the other day but it looks like titles work like they did in PSP2/i.