PDA

View Full Version : Guild Speculation

Griffin
Mar 29, 2012, 10:45 PM
I used the Search function and couldn't find a thread oriented with its talk, but how expansive do you think the guild system will be in PSO2? PSO2 is lacking a PVP feature, but now that we aren't so old-fashioned anymore, what other cool purposes can guilds have besides the usual player networking? It would be cool if PSO2 had a built-in voice chat system. I'm just really excited on how it will play out.

NoiseHERO
Mar 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'd like guilds so that the elitist can all bunch up into one dickriding fest and keep to themselves. instead of being alone left out in the open to annoy the community- Wait they'd do that either way, otherwise they wouldn't get attention. Attention I SHOULD BE GETTING. D:

Well fine, I'll make my own elite guild and only 20 people are gonna be in it, and we're all gonna be like hipsters because everything awesome in the game we already did first! HAH!

Rizen
Mar 29, 2012, 11:01 PM
Whether a guild system is implemented in-game or not, players will find a way to make them. I would be shocked if there isn't a guild system.

Vashyron
Mar 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
Whether a guild system is implemented in-game or not, players will find a way to make them. I would be shocked if there isn't a guild system.

There is one.

NoiseHERO
Mar 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
There is one.

Wait when did they announce/Fans datamine a guild system again?

D:

I'm starting to forget vague things now...

•Col•
Mar 29, 2012, 11:19 PM
Wait when did they announce/Fans datamine a guild system again?

D:

I'm starting to forget vague things now...

There was a guild chat window or something like that...

Mike
Mar 29, 2012, 11:25 PM
Teams, as they are called in PSO2, are one of the new things for the Beta. You can use symbol chat as a team flag.

Rizen
Mar 29, 2012, 11:32 PM
Teams, as they are called in PSO2, are one of the new things for the Beta. You can use symbol chat as a team flag.
Well there you have it. Now to proceed to the theorycraft of functions of Teams when release comes!

NoiseHERO
Mar 29, 2012, 11:35 PM
Teams were in a past version of Phantasy Star, and are actually guilds.

And other typical MMOs have guilds that ruin the community.

Therefore someone has to run into this thread saying teams will ruin PSO2 and stop them from playing the game! D<

Rizen
Mar 29, 2012, 11:36 PM
It would be nice to see some Team exclusive Multi-player missions. :O

NoiseHERO
Mar 29, 2012, 11:40 PM
12 man mission with sup's up enemies and supersized bosses that we have to climb like ants.

r00tabaga
Mar 30, 2012, 12:08 AM
Teams worked out ok in Blue Burst. Just saying.

LeoTheFabulous
Mar 30, 2012, 04:38 AM
I wonder how far they would go with Teams. Like would they just be so a large group of people can just play together or would they provide certain bonuses to missions?

Somewhat weird example but in FireFall you can apparently donate currency which would provide your team with "Tech", allowing you to increase certain capabilities.

How would you guys feel about something like this in PSO2?

rezakon
Mar 30, 2012, 05:44 AM
Somewhat weird example but in FireFall you can apparently donate currency which would provide your team with "Tech", allowing you to increase certain capabilities.

*cough* haven't seen that shit at all *cough*

In other news, why play with 11 random douche bags when you can play with 11 people you know aren't douche bags.

Don't mind that teams are back, it's nice that they are bringing some of the decent ideas back and implementing new ones.

Dragwind
Mar 30, 2012, 02:51 PM
As long as the guild/team integration has some kind of benefits/unlocks opportunities, then I think it'll be a great and welcomed addition to the game. If it's just another "team chat" window, then I don't think it'll serve much use other than global chat for you and your pals to talk in (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a bit bland. There are 3rd party apps for that).

Although, couple in the possibility that you could talk with your guild/team mates on the go with your ios/andriod device, that could end up being kind of nifty.

Rizen
Mar 30, 2012, 03:16 PM
*stares at signature that is people staring at each other*

There is numerous amounts of things they could do with teams...lets hope they go a different route than the traditional MMO and making it another chat.

Dragwind
Mar 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
There are easily plenty of things they could do.

-Bonuses for running missions together.
-Special "guild/team only" missions.
-If PvP is introduced, guild/team battles? (of course that would ignite a huge wave of elitism and fighting, but that's always fun)
-Just look at WoW's guild system as an easy example. Complete simple challenges together, and unlock perks that are convenient to gameplay.

LeoTheFabulous
Mar 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
Bonuses for running missions together would definitely attract more people to joining teams. This would lead to a more active community, which in turn would lead to the game lasting longer (for both people and the general life-span of the game).

Omega-z
Mar 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
I wonder how they work a 100 man team into 12 spots on the Battle field if they do Team base missions or they could have multiple groups of said Team?

Griffin
Mar 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
I wonder how they work a 100 man team into 12 spots on the Battle field if they do Team base missions or they could have multiple groups of said Team?

I don't think it will be any different from other MMOs that have high capacity guilds but low capacity parties.

SELENNA
Mar 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
I hope PSOW will have a team for the beta. I want to battle with you (provided I'm selected from the japanese newsletter)!

Shadownami92
Mar 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
They could make it so teammates in different parties are more likely to run into each other in multiplayer areas. I think that could possibly work right?

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 30, 2012, 11:25 PM
I can't wait until someone makes a guild called Sonic Team :rolleyes:

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 12:55 AM
I will call mine Il Guild. See what I did there!

DerpiestShazbot
Mar 31, 2012, 01:03 AM
Guilds but no actual competition.
>:|
derp

Razelis
Mar 31, 2012, 02:23 AM
Teams = Arkz Cash

( > . >

( < . < ;

ClothoBuer
Mar 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
There are easily plenty of things they could do.

-Bonuses for running missions together.
-Special "guild/team only" missions.
-If PvP is introduced, guild/team battles? (of course that would ignite a huge wave of elitism and fighting, but that's always fun)
-Just look at WoW's guild system as an easy example. Complete simple challenges together, and unlock perks that are convenient to gameplay.

WoW stole most of their newer guild system ideas from Warhammer, just sayin'. Then again, Warhammer wasn't exactly overly original either, but now we're bordering semantics. Either way, I'm all for a guild system that isn't just another chat hub, since there's likely going to be a custom channel option of some sort. Something like a guild talent tree would be neat, with all sorts of various drop and mission buffs, and special guild abilities.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
I wonder if we'll have to sacrifice weapons again to open guild expansions or missions.

I know there may be some concern if I'm planning to revive the old guild I used to lead. (New_Legacy) I won't. It was impossible to get much recruitment done with how it fell apart after what Fantasy Eve did back in PSOBB. Instead I've since become head of another guild (Time For War) and will be asking some of them to hop over to PSO2

Rizen
Mar 31, 2012, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure if I will be leading a team or not. I probably will depending on potential benefits there are to having one. I always enjoy organizing teams for goals (not for fame, but for fun).

Mike
Mar 31, 2012, 07:54 AM
Teams = Arkz Cash
The team menu doesn't have any AC icons on it, so it's safe to say this won't happen.

moorebounce
Mar 31, 2012, 11:00 AM
Teams worked out ok in Blue Burst. Just saying.

Yeah they did. I thought the team features in BB were great. I think somewhere they talked about PSO2 expanding on what PSOBB did. The voice chat feature wasn't use in private servers of BB but it was in the game. BB was built off of the Xbox version which had the chat feature first.

You also had a team chat window in BB that popped up at the bottom of your screen when you pressed F9. It didn't matter where you or your teammates were in the game either. You could use it even during quests. You could also be on different ships and even different blocks. It was a nice feature.

I don't know how they could make it any better than what they announced outside of expanding how many team members you can have.

Having teams/guilds didn't ruin PSOBB. The people who say teams/guilds ruin a game are people who 1. Are bad at team work and when they do play with others they notice it and don't invite them on their team. 2. Don't play enough to run into people who will invite you onto their team (which goes back to the whole team work issue). If nobody is inviting you to their team then the issue is you.

I used to think teams/guilds were bad at one time too because you do have teams with douche bag leaders. Theres gonna be times when people on teams/guilds will play with gen pop. Once you're on a good team they tend to share the riches of their spoils with their teammates.

Krank32oz
Mar 31, 2012, 12:40 PM
PSO is based pretty much on teams so yea guilds would be a great addition. BB i think with guilds with a really good step in the right direction. They just need to build off of that to improve and Sega is going to have a lot of happy customers.

moorebounce
Mar 31, 2012, 12:54 PM
PSO is based pretty much on teams so yea guilds would be a great addition. BB i think with guilds with a really good step in the right direction. They just need to build off of that to improve and Sega is going to have a lot of happy customers.

I guess they could let teams have their own lobbies or would that fall under the room you would have to purchase? I also don't know the limit of team members you could have in BB either but I know it couldn't have been 100 or I was just never on a team with that many members on it.

•Col•
Mar 31, 2012, 01:48 PM
I guess they could let teams have their own lobbies or would that fall under the room you would have to purchase? I also don't know the limit of team members you could have in BB either but I know it couldn't have been 100 or I was just never on a team with that many members on it.

If I remember right, you started off with like 20-30 slots... However, you could buy more team slots with the Team Point system.

Griffin
Mar 31, 2012, 03:34 PM
That would be pretty neat if you can create a "hideout" for your Team.

Demon-
Mar 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
I ran a team of 20-40 people on PSOBB so I'm actually looking forward to the return of teams in PSO2.

Thinking about how BB had team flag icons, it would be pretty cool if the master can upload team icons but this time you can place on your characters clothes and armor.

GreenArcher
Mar 31, 2012, 05:59 PM
I hope there's team quests. Point of Disaster from Blue Burst was a team only quest.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 31, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thinking about how BB had team flag icons, it would be pretty cool if the master can upload team icons but this time you can place on your characters clothes and armor.
Considering that the character creator already has a function to add decals to the clothing, this seems like something they should be able to implement. Definitely something to send to the "suggestion box" when closed beta gets underway.

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 09:44 PM
Would be nice if the decal/picture chat maker let you draw or upload images.

But I guess I could do some pixel art with the square shapes or think of something "clever."

moorebounce
Mar 31, 2012, 10:48 PM

I would love to see that but I don't think they would do it because you could pretty much reskin your character if they don't put a size and amount limit on the uploaded icons.

Macman
Mar 31, 2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah they did. I thought the team features in BB were great. I think somewhere they talked about PSO2 expanding on what PSOBB did. The voice chat feature wasn't use in private servers of BB but it was in the game. BB was built off of the Xbox version which had the chat feature first.BB never had voice chat. The Xbox version used Xbox live to use voice chat.

moorebounce
Apr 1, 2012, 12:58 AM
BB never had voice chat. The Xbox version used Xbox live to use voice chat.

As far as voice chat not being in BB you're right.

For the Xbox version you're saying XBL generated this menu screen into PSO? The voices
were also range sensitive and it would be hard to believe that XBL could do that too w/o
some sort of in-game programing.

http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/618/213.jpg

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 02:47 AM
As far as voice chat not being in BB you're right.

For the Xbox version you're saying XBL generated this menu screen into PSO? The voices
were also range sensitive and it would be hard to believe that XBL could do that too w/o
some sort of in-game programing.

http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/618/213.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me since PSOX did a lot of work through the XBox live servers to authenticate. It wouldn't have been too far of a stretch that they ran voice services through them, too.

moorebounce
Apr 1, 2012, 07:10 AM
It wouldn't surprise me since PSOX did a lot of work through the XBox live servers to authenticate. It wouldn't have been too far of a stretch that they ran voice services through them, too.

Well all that was made possible through XBL but voice chat was programmed into PSOX. You were right that it wasn't used in PSOBB. I assumed it was used in PSOBB because it was a port of the PSOX version. PSOBB was Japan only so they probably felt they didn't need voice chat.

Chatting in PSO was hard enough typing while playing. With the game running at a faster pace you would think they'd bring back voice chat. It doesn't matter people will be using teamSpeak, Xfire and/or ventrilo anyway.

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 10:29 AM
PSOBB was in the US, too.

moorebounce
Apr 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
PSOBB was in the US, too.

lol I had to look at the release dates. Between 2001 and 2005 I was too busy doing "OTHER" things to even notice. I kind of stepped away from videogames during those years. I guess George W. wasn't the only one who had some years unaccounted for. lol Up until you mentioned it I thought it was Japanese only. It doesn't help either that the person I know who owns it imported his copy from Japan. I'm kinda sad I missed but after thinking about it I wouldn't trade those years in for anything. As you can see by my join date for these forums is Oct 2006.

Alisha
Apr 1, 2012, 11:20 AM
guilds are stupid except in mmo's where you NEED a team to accomplish something. voice chat is also dumb. its best left to stuff like call of duty.

Griffin
Apr 1, 2012, 11:21 AM
guilds are stupid except in mmo's where you NEED a team to accomplish something. voice chat is also dumb. its best left to stuff like call of duty.

What DO you like? >:U

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 11:37 AM
voice chat is also dumb. its best left to stuff like call of duty.I take it your only experience with any voice chat was Xbox Live?

Alisha
Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 AM
and skype

Angelo
Apr 1, 2012, 12:29 PM
Love voice chat, I always assume that the majority of people who gripe about it are the G.I.R.L.s opposed to the idea of being uncloaked when their voice is not as moe as their character.

Griffin
Apr 1, 2012, 12:41 PM
Love voice chat, I always assume that the majority of people who gripe about it are the G.I.R.L.s opposed to the idea of being uncloaked when their voice is not as moe as their character.

You, sir, amuse me. +rep

Soul Guardian
Apr 1, 2012, 02:23 PM

...Because it's IMPOSSIBLE that anyone could, y'know, just not like talking out loud rather than through text? I don't tend to say very much when I'm playing, and listening to people talk for long periods of time gets rather annoying to me. It's just a personal thing sure, but making a huge generalization like that about people who dislike voice chat is rather rude.

Krank32oz
Apr 1, 2012, 02:39 PM
There is no reason for them to put in a voice chat system because of all the other ways you can communicate via Skype or vent or TS. And they can be run simultaneously with games so it to me would just be a waist of time. Just focus on other stuff that's more important

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 02:46 PM
I don't mind talking to people I know, even if I've only met them once, briefly...

But annoying high pitched twelve year old kids that try to boss the party around and FPS culture elitist douchebags that could come with this game being F2P...

Me: "EVERYONE SHUTUP! /blasts loud music in the background till I get booted from the random matchup party"

moorebounce
Apr 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
I don't mind talking to people I know, even if I've only met them once, briefly...

But annoying high pitched twelve year old kids that try to boss the party around and FPS culture elitist douchebags that could come with this game being F2P...

Me: "EVERYONE SHUTUP! /blasts loud music in the background till I get booted from the random matchup party"

lol I hate the UK kids that sing the whole time they're playing.

Rizen
Apr 1, 2012, 08:28 PM
lol I hate the UK kids that sing the whole time they're playing.

So the choices are an American urchin or a European minstrel....hard choice...

GreenArcher
Apr 1, 2012, 08:42 PM
elitist douchebags that could come with this game being F2P...

PSU was full of em. Just look for Inazuma's posts.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 2, 2012, 02:31 AM
...Because it's IMPOSSIBLE that anyone could, y'know, just not like talking out loud rather than through text? I don't tend to say very much when I'm playing, and listening to people talk for long periods of time gets rather annoying to me. It's just a personal thing sure, but making a huge generalization like that about people who dislike voice chat is rather rude.
/agree

Though personally I don't mind listening to people talk (as long as they aren't annoying), but I'm really just not a big talker, and even less so when I'm playing a game. I'm much better at communicating via keyboard, really.

BIG OLAF
Apr 2, 2012, 02:39 AM
I'll do either, but I would prefer voice chat due to holding my controller with both hands.

However, I generally don't like speaking to people, via voice, whom I don't know that well (text is fine for anyone, though). So, I doubt I'd ever get into a Skype/Ventrillo/whatever channel with anyone from here at least, which the possible exception of Mr. Eastwood.

supersonix9
Apr 2, 2012, 02:40 AM
voice chat is also dumb. its best left to stuff like call of duty.

I think it's quite nice to have actual conversation with someone else, especially when you randomly stumble upon them in a game. Not everything in a game has to necessarily help you accomplish something. Voice chat is the kind of thing that I think would just make the experience more real and enjoyable. I loved going into random lobbies in PSU and just starting conversations with people. It's so much more fun than monotonous 'typing language'.

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2012, 02:48 AM
Okay okay so, not everyone wants to use voice chat. But I'm finding the hostility towards the concept questionable.

Either way I'd rather tell my friends "STAR ATOMIZE ME YO D8" over the mic, than type it at 80 words per minute and STILL get smacked in the face and killed.

@Olaf: Oh you!

rezakon
Apr 2, 2012, 03:00 AM
Okay okay so, not everyone wants to use voice chat. But I'm finding the hostility towards the concept questionable.

Either way I'd rather tell my friends "STAR ATOMIZE ME YO D8" over the mic, than type it at 80 words per minute and STILL get smacked in the face and killed.

I find it funny, feels like a argument we would have had a decade ago but not now in 2012 when most gamers (minus console players) have been using it for at least a decade.

I do understand the idea of not incorporating it into games though because it's more hassle then it's worth and no one seems to get it right.

And honestly what happens in the end? People get vent/ts/mumble/raidcall/c4/wateva instead because it's simple to setup and easy to get people organized then trying to work through a game companies moronic idea of a voice chat interface (that 90% of the time doesn't exist).

Typing "get out of the fire" will always be slower then screaming "get out of the fire" and more effective because most people don't read chat in combat.

moorebounce
Apr 2, 2012, 03:13 AM

@Olaf: Oh you!

Man I hope they have voice chat in PSO2. If it doesn't that would be on the top of my list of things I don't like about PSO2.

I loved it when we could voice chat on the Xbox version. You can give or take directions a lot quicker. That is the one thing I hate about PSOBB. Any team I'm on will have to setup some sort of voice chat if it's not in PSO2. I think the people who have problems with voice chat are either ashamed of their voice or they have female characters and they don't want people to know they are really a dude.

I was never making a point to appease anyone.

Golf clap. You're never gonna make everybody happy. I know I don't lose any sleep over what people think or say about me.

Angelo
Apr 2, 2012, 03:21 AM
but making a huge generalization like that about people who dislike voice chat is rather rude.

Alisha
Apr 2, 2012, 03:52 AM
i play infinity with importers and we comunicate either in game or via irc. for the record i was not offended at all. voice chat is like motion controls some people love it, some want nothing to do with it. and honestly in a game like this theres little reason to communicate mid mission. and infinity and psp2 at least had auto words for stuff that might be relevant mid mission. such as congrants on lvling up or hp dropping below certain thresh holds. and honestly i think theres something wrong if your wanting someone to use a star atomizer on you. i use sols on people at times though if someone is frozen/stunned.

moorebounce
Apr 2, 2012, 04:06 AM
i play infinity with importers and we comunicate either in game or via irc. for the record i was not offended at all. voice chat is like motion controls some people love it, some want nothing to do with it. and honestly in a game like this theres little reason to communicate mid mission. and infinity and psp2 at least had auto words for stuff that might be relevant mid mission. such as congrants on lvling up or hp dropping below certain thresh holds. and honestly i think theres something wrong if your wanting someone to use a star atomizer on you. i use sols on people at times though if someone is frozen/stunned.

After you're on a team for a while you get to know each other and yeah you don't talk that much outside of joking and BSing but it would still be nice to have voice chat for those who want it. I know Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 had a feature where if you talked the NPC enemies could hear you and find you and that was one way to promote radio silence.

Soul Guardian
Apr 2, 2012, 10:31 PM

I didn't say you were. I was simply trying to say "Hey, I think your opinion is shit" in a polite manner. I don't know why I even bothered in the first place. I guess I'm just tired of people making that sort of assumption about people who prefer text chat....or maybe I just felt like complaining about something at the time.

Griffin
Apr 2, 2012, 10:37 PM
I took Angelo's generalization as a joke. Everything else he said about the matter wasn't a lie.

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2012, 10:54 PM
Jokes don't work on PSOW. D:

It's like trying to use good guy powers in the underworld in kingdom hearts 2 without a hero medallion given to you by the gods.

See? Even that joke won't work!

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 3, 2012, 12:13 AM

It's like trying to use good guy powers in the underworld in kingdom hearts 2 without a hero medallion given to you by the gods.

Internet defies all logic so somewhere.....this makes sense :o

Rizen
Apr 3, 2012, 12:26 AM

Less jest. More Wit.

NoiseHERO
Apr 3, 2012, 12:32 AM
Wit.

Nice joke

Arika
Apr 3, 2012, 12:44 AM
I think it is called as "team" so if you gonna search, try using team keyword.

but so far, I can tell you that there isn't much information about it other than just having private chat channel for members to talk to each other from anywhere.

Totori
Apr 3, 2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think this early in SEGA has much planned.

Maybe in the future they'll have a better version of rewards then what PSO:BB had.

Arika
Apr 3, 2012, 10:22 AM
From the fact that they release it on phone OS. I think they design this game to be a casual game, so the content for team won't be hardcore. I think it is possible to just be a friend chat channel only and nothing else.

This is how FF14 guild system work right now. they only have chat function, but the people decide purpose of team and goal by their own.

Xenobia
Apr 3, 2012, 12:32 PM
A channel is good so i dont need to shout out private messages. In fact, most guilds or teams are nothing more than a chat channel, no matter how they call it.