PDA

View Full Version : Question about Skill Tree?

Shade_Koopa
Mar 30, 2012, 11:22 PM
How does the skill tree system on PSO 2 work? How does the cash shop actually effect the skill tree and what not?

Ark22
Mar 30, 2012, 11:28 PM
I am sure there are threads on this, but from the best of my ability it works like any other skill tree. Get points and learn stuff, as for the cash shop it won't effect the skill tree.

Shade_Koopa
Mar 30, 2012, 11:43 PM
really? cause I saw on the blog that the cash shop would add to the skill tree or something.

Spellbinder
Mar 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
The best we could figure from the Japanese is that in the cash shop they will be selling different skill trees. (Please note that it didn't say you'd be learning new skills available only through the cash shop, just modified skill trees using skills already available).

•Col•
Mar 30, 2012, 11:53 PM
Try reading the stickied thread sometime.

Hunter:
-Skill tree:
[spoiler-box]
http://eatmyideas.com/storage/hunter.png
[/spoiler-box]
Ranger:
-Skill tree:
[spoiler-box]
http://eatmyideas.com/storage/ranger.png
[/spoiler-box]
Force:
-Skill tree:
[spoiler-box]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/Sensei-Hanzo/PSO2/forceskilltree.png[/spoiler-box]

Players can further enhance their character by selecting skills (For example: Guard > Just Guard > Just Guard Master > Just Guard Stun)

Skill tree information:
-This system is used to learn class skills.
-EXP earned goes toward increasing your class level.
-You accumulate points by leveling up.
-By using these points, you can learn class skills.
-Class skills can only be used on the class you learned them with.
-For example, a skill learned as a Hunter cannot be used by a Force.
-Even if you max your class level, you cannot learn all skills.
-You will have a limited number of points to put toward skills, so individual skill combinations will vary.
-The ability to redo learned skills is under consideration.

We don't know how the cash shop will affect the skill tree. It's speculated that it will either allow you to have more skills, or give you a multiple skill "sets" to play around with.

Ark22
Mar 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
Wow, I did not see that anywhere. Well nice to know.

Shade_Koopa
Mar 31, 2012, 12:19 AM
okay, so right now, we don't know exactly what the cash shop will do to the skill tree and such, is that correct?

Ark22
Mar 31, 2012, 12:20 AM
Nope.

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 12:21 AM
Not. Yet.

Box123
Mar 31, 2012, 12:23 AM
From what i remember reading about the cash shop and the skill tree was something that seemed to me like it would be a dual spec kind of option. Where you can have multiple talent trees that you can switch between for convenience. Not something that would be completely game changing

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 12:23 AM
Give you access to an extra set of skills...

So I guess it would be like a "re-skill" but you can keep your original set up...

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 12:28 AM
Still want to know if Arks Cash is monthly, one-time or both. This is the REAL question for many. I think skill trees w/AC is for being able to get extra branches on your tree. My wild speculation of course.

Ark22
Mar 31, 2012, 12:40 AM
I dunno if the Me Cash (see what I did there?!) is monthly for rooms but I am pretty sure it is a one time purchase.

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 12:42 AM
Link?

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 12:43 AM
Still want to know if Arks Cash is monthly, one-time or both. This is the REAL question for many. I think skill trees w/AC is for being able to get extra branches on your tree. My wild speculation of course.

It's basically the same thing as other "free" to play game's virtual cash.

You spend real money on it, and it's yours to use forever till it's spent.

How many times you have to re-buy certain items it's what's becoming vague.

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 12:50 AM
So it's only the My Room function that would/could be monthly? I thought that costumes, makeover shops, Skill Tree stuff and Player Shops were also up in the air.

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 12:53 AM
So it's only the My Room function that would/could be monthly? I thought that costumes, makeover shops, Skill Tree stuff and Player Shops were also up in the air.

Just the system stuff.

Which includes My Room. :\

Spellbinder
Mar 31, 2012, 01:00 AM
For the record, the Japanese blog never explicitly mentioned anything about having 'extra' skill sets (as in dual specs that someone mentioned earlier), just having a new one.

スキルツリーの拡張(追記:有料スキルがあるのではなく、新たなスキルツリーを持てる形になり ます。)

Skill tree expansion (Note: These are not skills you have to pay for, but you will have a new [revised?] skill tree).

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 01:40 AM
So then it IS more like a skill RESET.

Spellbinder
Mar 31, 2012, 01:46 AM
I don't know if it's a reset. It sounds like you replace your skill tree with a modified one. I'd say it'd be best to wait for beta and have a closer look when we can test out the cash shop.

pigglywigglies
Jun 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
Nevermind I think its the blue shop in the quest area.

I thought it would actually be part of the menu and not an entirely separate part that you have to visit.