PDA

View Full Version : Future Monsters

LeoTheFabulous
Mar 31, 2012, 08:48 AM
I thought it would be cool if we could discuss what kinds of future monsters we would like to battle in the future. These could be normal enemies, mini bosses or bosses.

Here's hoping we get interesting monsters that force us to rapidly change our play style upon encounter. Here's a few of my ideas:

Barrier-like monsters: Monsters that would pop out of the ground and obstruct your movement, allowing faster enemies to easily corner you and deal some damage.

Triplet (or twin) like monsters: Enemies that would gain strong abilities when they are close together. This could go to a small power-up, to a fusion of them forcing you to fight a strong mini-boss if you allow them to live for too long.

Post what ideas you would like to see!

r00tabaga
Mar 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
I'd like to see in solo mode an evil twin boss enemy. A higher level "negative" version of yourself. Always wanted a mirror-type foe.

Spellbinder
Mar 31, 2012, 09:15 AM
Classic dopplegangers that mimic whatever character types are in your party. :)

moorebounce
Mar 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
With it being from Japan I'm surprised they haven't came up with a enemy that grabs your character and rape it with it's tentacles. lol

Spellbinder
Mar 31, 2012, 09:30 AM
With it being from Japan I'm surprised they haven't came up with a enemy that grabs your character and rape it with it's tentacles. lol

Grabs you yes. Rapes with tentacles.... no... no not yet...

Edit: lol funniest typo ever

lostinseganet
Mar 31, 2012, 09:31 AM
I want to see monsters with minions.

How about bosses that are pieces of the landscape

How about fighting without damage based attacks. Depowering enemies or throwing them into areas to beat them. knocking out a rappy to save it.

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2012, 12:27 PM
PSU had plenty of tentacle monsters..

A Mirror/Mimmic monster would be cool for a water area or a close to last boss "evil" falz area.

I wanna see more Sinows come back, both past games had em.

See monsters would be cool but it's kind of annoying standing around on those floaty platform thingies. (If only we could have an underwater fight like zelda TP's water boss. D: )

buri-chan
Mar 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
We have access to jumping now, so I'm all for a Colossus Climb. Revived Power now playing automatically in my head.

SELENNA
Mar 31, 2012, 11:24 PM
Multi-stage normal monsters. For instance, a big robot that becomes a smaller one once it's damaged enough, changing its attack patterns etc.

Macman
Mar 31, 2012, 11:28 PM
Multi-stage normal monsters. For instance, a big robot that becomes a smaller one once it's damaged enough, changing its attack patterns etc.Garanz 2.0! Baranz 2.0 :evil:

A Garanz look-alike where you break off pieces of armor through damage, then after enough damage would expose a slightly humanoid robot with high agility would be pretty cool.

Rei-San
Apr 1, 2012, 01:21 AM
I just want all of the PSO monsters to come back re-done.

I also want the "same monster types" to fight differently instead of being re-skins.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 1, 2012, 03:14 AM
fun thread

would be interesting if mobs could consume other mobs to exponentially increase its own stats. like that one dragon looking mob in pso caves that could shoot laser beams at other mobs and kill them, and then kind level up. if you were lucky they'd get so strong they could 1hit you ha.

it was a really cool feature of that dragon mob but it rarely performed it.

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 03:20 AM
would be interesting if mobs could consume other mobs to exponentially increase its own stats. like that one dragon looking mob in pso caves that could shoot laser beams at other mobs and kill them, and then kind level up. if you were lucky they'd get so strong they could 1hit you ha. From my experience, having the Nano Dragon teamkill had no effect on it's attack power at all. I had one kill about 5 Ob Lillies before and it didn't hit any harder than it would with no kills. It sure got huge, though.

[spoiler-box]http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/bigboy.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Man this old screenshot brings me back.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 1, 2012, 09:44 PM
lol maybe your defense was just too damn high man, so even though it got stronger it still didn't get strong enough do do more than 1 dmg

jk

i feel like it did more damage but maybe i'm tripping, last time i played pso was like 6 years ago. and when we messed around with the nano dragon we were only like in the 16-20's

Macman
Apr 2, 2012, 06:16 AM
Nano Dragon's attacks were fixed damage.

HeartBreak301
Apr 2, 2012, 07:23 AM
Please just no recons or baranz type enemies. Instant deaths are never fun.

Angelo
Apr 2, 2012, 07:37 AM
Just give me the goddamn De Rol Le.