PDA

View Full Version : Send a message directly to the DEV team

pso2love
Mar 31, 2012, 11:09 PM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

(Currently, please send a message of support to the development team "Phantasy Star Online 2" They've been creating.
Received messages will pass through the eyes of the staff development team.

※ even if there are questions or requests directed towards the game of "Phantasy Star Online 2", etc. to be published in the official site and answers from the development team will not be available. Please acknowledge this beforehand.)

The first box is for your name, The second box is for your message to the DEV team.
It's not guaranteed they can read English, some of them might, IDK... and I strongly recommend not being a douche by cursing them. We want this game here in NA, so let's let them know! ;-)

SELENNA
Mar 31, 2012, 11:20 PM
Too bad I can't write in Japanese. Someone please translate that :

- Will there be multiple difficulty modes (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Ultimate?)
- Can we expect a lot of "end-game" content?
- What's the level cap?
- Do you plan to bring back some classic Mags such as Hamburger, Sato, etc.?
- Is there a chance some of the levels have a more traditional layout with rooms you need to clear out of monsters before you continue exploring, just like in PSO?
- If I buy a Room with Ark Cash, is it permanent or not?
- Do you plan to reintroduce other classic monsters and bosses?
- How many levels are there?
- etc.

I guess they won't spoil everything but these questions have been bothering me.

Vashyron
Apr 1, 2012, 12:06 AM
This is to basically send support to them, not ask questions about development.

kornkid212
Apr 1, 2012, 12:12 AM
Lets let them know we want this game to be released outside japan

Anon_Fire
Apr 1, 2012, 12:29 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

(Currently, please send a message of support to the development team "Phantasy Star Online 2" They've been creating.
Received messages will pass through the eyes of the staff development team.

※ even if there are questions or requests directed towards the game of "Phantasy Star Online 2", etc. to be published in the official site and answers from the development team will not be available. Please acknowledge this beforehand.)

The first box is for your name, The second box is for your message to the DEV team.
It's not guaranteed they can read English, some of them might, IDK... and I strongly recommend not being a douche by cursing them. We want this game here in NA, so let's let them know! ;-)

This is not to ask about development of PSO2.

Kion
Apr 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
That page is for sending fan mail. If you want to get in touch, you might try writing on the facebook page. As for how ark cash and how things in the game will be implemented; we'll see once the beta hits or when ever Sakai makes another announcement.

Cephei Mordred
Apr 1, 2012, 02:42 AM
I sent them a message of support, to say that I look forward to the US release. Sneaky, aren't I. :p

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 1, 2012, 07:46 AM
hasn't this box been around for like FOREVER?

like even before the first alpha.

It's nothing new... move along, people ^^;

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 10:21 AM
I just said to not make the PSO2's weapon grinding system like PSU's. If it is I probably won't even buy the game.

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 10:30 AM
I just said to not make the PSO2's weapon grinding system like PSU's. If it is I probably won't even buy the game.It's free, yo.

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 11:06 AM
free to play, but not free to steal

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 11:36 AM
What are you talking about? How do you steal that which is free?

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 12:02 PM
Nevermind. I don't care if it is free. I won't play anything that reminds me of that shit heap which is PSU.

Angelo
Apr 1, 2012, 12:19 PM
The real gents are coming out of the woodwork now.

pso2love
Apr 1, 2012, 12:32 PM
This is to basically send support to them, not ask questions about development.

What it means, is that "Do not expect them to contact you specifically, or on the official website, or expect direct answers from the Dev team themselves." Your message will pass through the eyes of the Dev team, just don't expect a direct response concerning your message, that's all.
You're also right... Let's tell them how great of a job they are doing making this the best it can possibly be, and to please pass the message that we
want a release in NA.

Also, yes, they do seem to listen to those on the FB page as well. Either way should work. :-)

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
Nevermind. I don't care if it is free. I won't play anything that reminds me of that shit heap which is PSU.

These PSU haters sound like broken record-

*Stares @ your PSU Avatar*

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 04:33 PM
These PSU haters sound like broken record-

*Stares @ your PSU Avatar*

Well I'm definitely not gonna say it's a good game or anywhere near a good game. I don't want anything of PSU in PSO2. I know that they copied most, if not all pre-recorded actions like dance moves from PSU and I'm not too happy about that. Shows you what kind of creativity Sega has...

And as for my avatar, dragons are the shit and if I could use a custom avatar I would.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 1, 2012, 04:41 PM
I know that they copied most, if not all pre-recorded actions like dance moves from PSU and I'm not too happy about that. Shows you what kind of creativity Sega has...
Yes. Let's judge a game by its freaking e-motes. ~_~

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 04:44 PM
All I'm saying is if PSO2 has PSU's weapon grinding system, I'm not gonna touch it.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
All I'm saying is if PSO2 has PSU's weapon grinding system, I'm not gonna touch it.
Funnily enough, we actually know a good deal about the weapon grinding/customizing system. Might want to read the sticky.
Item lab:
-Customize your items by grinding, increasing attributes, and adding special abilities
-With grinders you can strengthen the power and defense of your items. When you strengthen your weapon you get a +1 grind value by the item’s name. You can increase this value to +10, however, if you fail a grind, the grind’s value goes down. Fortunately your item will not be destroyed.
-You can increase attribute values like (20% Fire) by composing the same weapons. The amount you can increase is influenced by the other weapon’s attribute and attribute values. You will need an item called “Synthesizer” to perform this action.
-When you acquire a weapon or unit, it will sometimes have an ability attached. You can transfer this ability to other weapons and units with the “Add a Special Ability” feature. But be careful, rare special abilities have lower chances of transferring over.

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Oh, so you can keep grinding a weapon as many times as you want, but if it breaks the value just goes down by 1?

Rizen
Apr 1, 2012, 05:16 PM
Oh, so you can keep grinding a weapon as many times as you want, but if it breaks the value just goes down by 1?
If it works like PSU, then the max grind it can go to lowers by 1. So if you are are 9/10 and fails, you go to 0/9 (if I remember correctly).

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 05:19 PM
I sent them a supportive message in (extremely broken and jumbled) Japanese, but I put the English above that even though it probably won't help any. I'm sure many of them know English but still.

I sincerely wish them all the best in the development of this game. It would be a wonderful feeling to see this game become successful.

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 05:30 PM
If it works like PSU's like that then I'm going to be very disappointed. I've always hated the weapon grinding system. I think weapon grinding should be based on skill and not luck.

I can see how Sega could get rich off players by being able to restore grinds just like they do on PSU. In that case, then this game really is a pay-to-win kind of game. If any of this turns out to be true then I guess I'll wait for PSO3.

Saotome Kaneda
Apr 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
If it works like PSU, then the max grind it can go to lowers by 1. So if you are are 9/10 and fails, you go to 0/9 (if I remember correctly).

PSO2 has used some basics of the PSU system, but you will never be denied the full 10 grinds of your item and you will never drop straight back to 0 whenever a grind fails.

The first few grinds, depending on the rank and type of the weapon, should go pretty effortlessly. Once you reach around 5 grinds you start to get a chance of failure.

There are different failure "punishments" the further up you go, and a failed grind does not mean that specific punishment will occur. At 4-6 the maximum punishment I've seen is "possible -1 grind" which means you can drop down 1 level. As you grind more/go higher the max becomes "possible -2 grind".

You never lose the ability to grind to the maximum of 10, you just lose the grinders and meseta used for each grind, plus the possibility to lose one or two grind ranks.

If it works like PSU's like that then I'm going to be very disappointed. I've always hated the weapon grinding system. I think weapon grinding should be based on skill and not luck.

I can see how Sega could get rich off players by being able to restore grinds just like they do on PSU. In that case, then this game really is a pay-to-win kind of game. If any of this turns out to be true then I guess I'll wait for PSO3.

Please read the various stickies before you come up with these ideas of how the game will work. =/

And grinding has never been about skill in any game, in PSO they just handed you grinders and they just worked. No skill involved. I won't deny that the failure and possible destruction aspect of PSU added luck to it, but in the PSPo series they more or less eliminated that.

Honestly anyone who has come out and said they hated PSU must have missed out on the portable series for some pretty basic reasons. Almost all the things that people hated about PSU has been fixed as of PSPo2I. It's literally a new game by this point.

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 05:35 PM

How do you grind... weapons... using skill...

You need to play a harder game of tetris with every grind...? LOL

GET ATTA ERE, MAN!

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 05:39 PM
PSO2 has used some basics of the PSU system, but you will never be denied the full 10 grinds of your item and you will never drop straight back to 0 whenever a grind fails.

The first few grinds, depending on the rank and type of the weapon, should go pretty effortlessly. Once you reach around 5 grinds you start to get a chance of failure.

There are different failure "punishments" the further up you go, and a failed grind does not mean that specific punishment will occur. At 4-6 the maximum punishment I've seen is "possible -1 grind" which means you can drop down 1 level. As you grind more/go higher the max becomes "possible -2 grind".

You never lose the ability to grind to the maximum of 10, you just lose the grinders and meseta used for each grind, plus the possibility to lose one or two grind ranks.
That seems pretty fair, to be honest. I've seen weapon upgrading systems that were horrendous in other games. I don't recall which game it was but it was a free MMO and if you failed, you'd completely lose the weapon forever and if it was your only weapon you'd have to buy a brand new one and start all over. Or if it was a rare weapon or event weapon, there was almost no getting it back.

DragonForce
Apr 1, 2012, 06:02 PM
How do you grind... weapons... using skill...

A mini-game? Fallout has mini-games for hacking and lockpicking. In lockpicking there's an option to force the lock, which has a small chance of success much like PSU's grinding system.

Why can't the same be implemented here?

Honestly anyone who has come out and said they hated PSU must have missed out on the portable series for some pretty basic reasons. Almost all the things that people hated about PSU has been fixed as of PSPo2I. It's literally a new game by this point.

I've never played any of the PSP games because those games alone don't justify the purchase of a failure handheld.

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 06:13 PM
The grinding and upgrading and special effects system in this game sounds just fine to me.

You may as well look for another MMO or play more fallout if the way you upgrade a weapon is what decides whether or not you're gonna play. (This game is free to play by the way, so no harm done.) To me weapon upgrading only sounds worth .5% of the experience this game has to offer.

And from the sounds of things there's a LOOOOOOT of awesome shit this game is gonna have that you're probably not even looking at. Especially if you're just gonna say "LOL PSU SUCKED, THIS GAME HAS AN IDEA FROM PSU I'M NOT PLAYIN' IT, SAYING THIS IS COOL!"

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah. If the weapon grinding system isn't as good as it could be, that's what patches and updates are for. Not wanting to play a game for one tiny element is a little bit harsh, no?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 1, 2012, 06:30 PM
just play without grinding your weapons

"LOL U NEED GRINDED WEAPONS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

GET@MYLVL! +0 ALL DAY, ERRY, DAY!"

Xaton
Apr 1, 2012, 06:45 PM
sent in question on the offline mode like probly many have to try to implement it so if servers ever go down permantly it doesnt become useless game. or handle itl ike infinitys build mission ableto make mission from codes bought in store or found or so on and handle it slike extra mdoe in universe or just build random missions. the offline data be seperate from online sever idea. charactor A in offline cant be used in online [BUT can copy charactor A cosmeticly ] bu tnot anything else.

Macman
Apr 1, 2012, 07:36 PM
If it works like PSU's like that then I'm going to be very disappointed. I've always hated the weapon grinding system. I think weapon grinding should be based on skill and not luck.Total skill that I ninja'd that randomly dropped Trigrinder out from under the force, mirite?

kyuuketsuki
Apr 2, 2012, 02:20 AM
A mini-game? Fallout has mini-games for hacking and lockpicking. In lockpicking there's an option to force the lock, which has a small chance of success much like PSU's grinding system.

Why can't the same be implemented here?
1) Because a mini-game to grind your weapons is way worse than a luck-based system. Either it's easy and they may as well make it work regardless, or it's difficult and you're relying on luck to win the mini-game anyway.

2) Because mini-games for skills in general has always been a fail idea. Please don't suggest adding fail Bethesda game mechanics in my PSO2, thanks.

DragonForce
Apr 2, 2012, 03:11 AM
I've talked with a friend about it and he brings up a point. If you can grind forever, then what's the point? Unless they make grinders rare/expensive then it makes no sense.

pso2love
Apr 4, 2012, 11:21 AM
sent in question on the offline mode like probly many have to try to implement it so if servers ever go down permantly it doesnt become useless game. or handle itl ike infinitys build mission ableto make mission from codes bought in store or found or so on and handle it slike extra mdoe in universe or just build random missions. the offline data be seperate from online sever idea. charactor A in offline cant be used in online [BUT can copy charactor A cosmeticly ] bu tnot anything else.

How about.. if the servers ever go down indefinitely, make it to where we can host a LAN, or even our own private server? You would just take away the arks cash shop and all items would be available through Meseta in-game. I think it would be easier to ask SEGA for this, instead of people hacking the game trying to make their own server off the client. Then again, they are just now in beta, so to ask this sort of thing is way too forward thinking.

Mike
Apr 4, 2012, 06:33 PM
How about.. if the servers ever go down indefinitely, make it to where we can host a LAN, or even our own private server?
I wouldn't hold my breath.