PDA

View Full Version : wait so the ios/android version is just minigames?

adonis565
Apr 1, 2012, 05:39 PM
if thats true then WTF mini games suck 99% of the damn games on iphone are just mini games. ios will never be taken seriously for gaming because of this

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 05:42 PM
People were expecting IOS to be taken serious at some point? Whuh??

It's actually really convenient, it's not just crappy mini games but you can also do solo missions and level up your character and items and check you ingame personal mail and send ingame mail to others.

So you can install enjoy making progress with your characters, and contact other players, when you're on the train or something and your Vita's not gettin' any wi-fi signals.

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
People were expecting IOS to be taken serious at some point? Whuh??

It's actually really convenient, it's not just crappy mini games but you can also do solo missions and level up your character and items and check you ingame personal mail and send ingame mail to others.

So you can install enjoy making progress with your characters, and contact other players, when you're on the train or something and your Vita's not gettin' any wi-fi signals.

So wait, the iOS and Android versions will let me play as the character I use in PSO2, level him up, then I will be that level in the main game when I log in to PSO2? That sounds incredibly lovely.

Plus I can get items in the iOS/Android versions and use them in PSO2?

adonis565
Apr 1, 2012, 05:49 PM
so there is real gameplay do you use your pc/vita character or do you make a new character and just do missions

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 05:51 PM
All three platforms share the same server and account data...

From the sounds, it just a limited version of the other two games. Where you can't party with people directly.

I'm curious how MANY different missions you can do and if you can find rares or not though.

adonis565
Apr 1, 2012, 05:53 PM
wait so you have to be online to play the ios/android version?

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 05:54 PM
All three platforms share the same server and account data...

From the sounds, it just a limited version of the other two games. Where you can't party with people directly.

I'm curious how MANY different missions you can do and if you can find rares or not though.

Sorry, I just didn't know exactly what they meant by "share data". So I can play my character on my iPod when I'm not connected to the internet and when I get home, it'll upload my progress to the server, I'm guessing?

This is a fantastic idea on Sega's part.

NoiseHERO
Apr 1, 2012, 06:01 PM
Actually I think you have to be online...

This IS a server sided game...

Imagine people being able to UPLOAD character data... in ANY way, shape, or form, that'd be like satanic to PS players. D:

I just meant being able to do it "when wi-fi is sucking" because you know, that 3G stuff.

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 06:03 PM
Actually I think you have to be online...

This IS a server sided game...

Imagine people being able to UPLOAD character data... in ANY way, shape, or form, that'd be like satanic to PS players. D:

I just meant being able to do it "when wi-fi is sucking" because you know, that 3G stuff.

That's understandable! I just wasn't certain. That's great though. Once I put a Windows partition on here--and if this game hopefully actually makes it here--I'll be playing this on every device possible. I'll probably be glued to the game indefinitely.

r00tabaga
Apr 1, 2012, 06:06 PM
I will spend most of my time raising mags on my iPod. Doubt I will do any minigames since it's all touch based. I'd rather not run solo either.
As Rock said it's really more for checking mail, items, shop stuff, etc.

iBOCK
Apr 1, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm fine with that. Having a companion app will be nifty.

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2012, 06:41 PM
What's with all the confusion about the ios/android version being just minigames? Watch the video. There's actual gameplay there. It's not just minigames.