PDA

View Full Version : Character Bonuses

earthsenshi
Apr 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know if there will be bonus/special abilities like in previous games?

Like the newm/newearl had pp/tp regen and the cast/caseal had hp regen.
Also, ones related to techs, like a % boost to foie/zonde/barta or a range increase to resta or shifta/deband etc.

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
Besides stat differences, there is no difference between races. However, it is still possible to personalize your character through both a skill tree system, and a sub class system. With a skill tree, it is possible to customize a character to do different things. For instance, a hunter can focus on either offense or defense, while a force can focus on either healing, or a specific element. At least, that's what I've gathered from what little information I have.

Not much is known about subclasses though, as they haven't been implemented yet. The basic idea is that, along with your normal class, you'll have another class that you can equip. A hunter can have a ranger subclass to get better with guns, or a force subclass to use techs. It's not clear exactly how it works, because again, it hasn't been implemented yet.

So, while you can't chose hunewearl to be a hunter which is good with techs, or a fomarl to be a force that specializes with healing, it's still possible to be a hunter which is good with techs, or a force that specializes with healing.

moorebounce
Apr 2, 2012, 01:27 PM
O
Does anyone know if there will be bonus/special abilities like in previous games?

Like the newm/newearl had pp/tp regen and the cast/caseal had hp regen.
Also, ones related to techs, like a % boost to foie/zonde/barta or a range increase to resta or shifta/deband etc.

I hope androids get their hp regen and be ability to see traps

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 3, 2012, 09:49 AM
subclasses should add interesting variety *music note*
if only force classes can use techs i'd imagine going anything/ subforce will be popular.

i think force/ subhunters will be a rarer breed. force/ subrangers will probably be more popular.

Angelo
Apr 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
Skill tree + Sub-classes > Character Bonuses

Reia
Apr 3, 2012, 02:15 PM
O

I hope androids get their hp regen and be ability to see traps

Since PSU the traps and tech using has been something more related to class choice than racial abilities. I haven't played PSO2 yet but I saw the Ranger skilltree has some passives related to trap use.

If the subclass system is what I think it is that allows you to use the class unique abilities plus some access to their skill tree I will be having second thoughts about my class choice and looking by stats, I will prefer to go RAmarl (Human F Ranger Main/Force Sub) due to her high ABL/ATA/TP output. Since atm the only thing HUmarl is better than a HUnewearl is the ABL that is 1% proximal to a CAST's. If we compare ATP it's the same, defense don't relaly matters when you're skilled, same MST and newearls have 6% more TP. And no Hunter+Ranger combo unless you're a male human, otherwise it will be weak compared to CASTs with that combo. So in Short I'm thinking that Ranger Main + Force Sub is the best way you can use the Marl's potential of her high ABL (Bullet damage), ATA (Accuracy) to equip guns earlier than Newmans and their male counterpart and TP (Magic Damage/Resta effect) together. And since I'm much more of a soloer (spending 70% gameplay time doing stuff alone rather than being in a party) gonna main ranger to take down most enemies before they get close to me and use their traps to turn the tides in my favor I will prefer to sub force for getting buffs and debuffs in my hand as long as some good TECH damage against bullet resistant enemies, also count that I can use Mates to heal myself and Resta to heal teammates since I don't think that Star Atomizer will be instant use anyways. Rather than playing a CAST that Mains Ranger with Hunter sub that clearly will lack self support abilities and they will depend on a force to get buffed leaning it to a more Party Role-centered gameplay.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 3, 2012, 04:02 PM
fen is there any place that lists out starting stats / stat growth of races in pso2?

seems like pretty good info to have

i'm mainly curious about where you got your info (like stats) in your awesomely technical breakdown of why you're going to go ranger/force

Saotome Kaneda
Apr 3, 2012, 04:11 PM
fen is there any place that lists out starting stats / stat growth of races in pso2?

seems like pretty good info to have

i'm mainly curious about where you got your info (like stats) in your awesomely technical breakdown of why you're going to go ranger/force

Read through the Datamining thread.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 3, 2012, 08:20 PM
Read through the Datamining thread.

thanks mayn surprised i missed that.