PDA

View Full Version : Editorial: Gaming sites who failed at reporting last Friday’s news.

pso2love
Apr 4, 2012, 11:10 AM
http://segabits.com/blog/2012/04/04/editorial-gaming-sites-who-failed-at-reporting-last-fridays-news/

Looks like we finally got SOME clarification.

FOkyasuta
Apr 4, 2012, 11:33 AM
Let they people who couldn't read, be frowned upon for news.
/inb4pso2crowd

Rizen
Apr 4, 2012, 11:43 AM
It's nice to see another perspective that actually focuses on the whole report rather than the "doomsday pending" that everyone was so worked up on.

Not sure if I said it here or with a friend I was talking to... SEGA has been losing alot of money for lack of advertising their games and not being able to sell them. It cost more money to "print" games than it is to have them downloaded. They will more than likely focuses on titles that will net them better profits before experimenting with no so favoring titles that have yet come out or havent dont well in the past.

iBOCK
Apr 4, 2012, 01:54 PM
It's nice to see another perspective that actually focuses on the whole report rather than the "doomsday pending" that everyone was so worked up on.

Not sure if I said it here or with a friend I was talking to... SEGA has been losing alot of money for lack of advertising their games and not being able to sell them. It cost more money to "print" games than it is to have them downloaded. They will more than likely focuses on titles that will net them better profits before experimenting with no so favoring titles that have yet come out or havent dont well in the past.
Your response really gives me more hope for PSO2. They won't have to print packaging or deal with retailers and it'll be free, so it'll be highly accessible for people. Great marketing on their part. I sincerely hope they do bring it globally.

HandOfThornz
Apr 4, 2012, 02:11 PM
http://segabits.com/blog/2012/04/04/editorial-gaming-sites-who-failed-at-reporting-last-fridays-news/

Looks like we finally got SOME clarification.

Glad to see someone reading the document properly and actually thinking about what has been written + not just jumping straight to a conclusion.

Great article, thanks for the links

BIG OLAF
Apr 4, 2012, 02:12 PM
Can't tell you how many people sent me messages on Facebook, and other forums like this one, asking me if PSO2 was cancelled due to that bit of news last week. It was frustrating explaining that it wasn't over and over.

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 02:15 PM
I do believe no matter what happened, its rather easy work just to translate the text and bring out some EN language version. There is endless foreign offers who could do that job, so there is no need for SoA or anything in term its distributed as a digital download. Just want to say, SoA isnt a concern regarding that term. SoA kinda had the main role to be a scapegoat and a distribution channel for retailers, as far as i can judge. But the true power was always located in SoJ, and it never been different ever.

NoiseHERO
Apr 4, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just a gaming article saying what I and a few others have been saying here this past week. D:

buri-chan
Apr 4, 2012, 05:35 PM
Kotaku being a sensationalistic news outlet?

Perish the thought~

Randomness
Apr 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
*skims article*

A website that actually understands nuance? I must be dreaming.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 4, 2012, 06:09 PM
*skims article*

A website that actually understands nuance? I must be dreaming.

*Adds plus 20 internets to Randomness' account.*