PDA

View Full Version : question about the music

adonis565
Apr 4, 2012, 12:33 PM
will it be like PSO were when enemies where around there would be a battletheme

Reia
Apr 4, 2012, 12:38 PM
will it be like PSO were when enemies where around there would be a battletheme

It happens not only that, looks like the Forest and Caves area are some sort of "re-made" tracks of the original PSO both exploration and battle theme. But you will need a good ear and memory to notice the resemblances.

str898mustang
Apr 4, 2012, 12:40 PM
never cared for in-game music....always played my own during the game.

Griffin
Apr 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
The music is quite nostalgic.

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 01:10 PM
It depends, sometimes i care sometimes not. I usualy care for battle sound and always leave it enabled, but music is usualy another source. Unless there is a rare exception of a outstanding work which i like to hear over and over... rather rarely. One of them was "world with me"; it kinda fitted my mood perfectly when the old PSO on Dreamcast was almost at its end of lifetime. It was included at one of my last japanese missions on Dreamcast (short time before the era was over). Now i kinda always link that track to that mission/situation and i still got it on my memory card, with a slightly sentimental feeling.

Prehaps something equal could happen again, but it takes a lot because good music have to enable emotions, it need to hit the soul of a given situation. I certainly give PSO2 much more lifetime than at the old PSO, because lot of issues finally has been solved, the possibilitys should be increased.

pso2love
Apr 4, 2012, 02:48 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideaki_Kobayashi_%28composer%29

Someone needs to get on wikipedia, and tell the editor that this guy is also composing the music for Phantasy Star Online 2.

I thought "The Whole New World" was great... the opening theme for PSO2... MIND-BLOWN EPICNESS! *.*

If anyone finds out when the soundtrack for PSO2 gets released before I do, please, please, let me know.

Ark22
Apr 4, 2012, 03:10 PM
PSO2, pretty smart. Combo system, pretty fucking smart. The music in PSO2 FUUCCCKKIINNG GEENNNNIIUUSSS!!! Or at least that's what egoraptor would say.

But yeah the music changes when around enemies and yes the "pieces" resembles the original PSO's Forests and Caves like Fen stated.

Macman
Apr 4, 2012, 03:25 PM
The lack of dynamic music was a huge loss for PSU to me.

Ark22
Apr 4, 2012, 03:42 PM
Ah...my twin..we meet.

Macman
Apr 4, 2012, 04:01 PM
You may be betterer, but you sure as hell aren't smuger...er.

Jinketsu
Apr 4, 2012, 04:21 PM
He originally was MY clone, then when I gave up and changed my avatar, he did the same.

Lousy pest :P

pso2love
Apr 4, 2012, 04:39 PM
http://hexadecimal-cafe.sakura.ne.jp/

Looking up Hideaki Kobayashi, I ran into this site... Woah, I didn't know he made Drum N Bass! O_O

Ark22
Apr 4, 2012, 05:03 PM
We were awesome clomes Jinks =(

And Mac I am Smuger...erER!

Macman
Apr 4, 2012, 05:20 PM
And Mac I am Smuger...erER!Smugest-er 8-)
Should probably stop this, though...

Ark22
Apr 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
Bu yeah, music, awesome. NEXT

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 4, 2012, 08:30 PM
I REALLY HOPE THE JUNGLE THEME FROM EPISODE 2 WILL BE ONPSO2

IT WAS MY FAVORITE OH GOD, THE CHARACTER CREATION ONE WAS REALLY GOOD TOO

;-; the music was so atmospheric argg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwIDdmUczqM&feature=related

this right here this

this all day

goldwing
Apr 4, 2012, 08:40 PM
DUDE!!!!! i love that song to that and the opening song for eternal story.... so glad i have pso for GC XD

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 4, 2012, 08:45 PM
DUDE!!!!! i love that song to that and the opening song for eternal story.... so glad i have pso for GC XD

cheers to good taste my brother