PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Update 4/4 2012

Akumamaru
Apr 5, 2012, 02:42 AM
so it turns out that sega is going to switch to new servers stating that it will "which should help improve overall server performance and stability." Is this the update we all truly have been waiting for? your opinions GO!

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2012, 04:41 AM
so it turns out that sega is going to switch to new servers stating that it will "which should help improve overall server performance and stability." Is this the update we all truly have been waiting for? your opinions GO!

i find it weird cuz i never had the lag everyone was talking about this week and btw change title to xbox360 kk

Dragwind
Apr 5, 2012, 04:28 PM
I had severe damage lag issues right before the event rolled out, but it seemed to be fixed after it went up. I bet it's much smoother now, especially for those who still had that problem.

bloodflowers
Apr 7, 2012, 08:42 PM
It's fixed, totally - it's like they've wound the clock back a whole year on the latency problems.

Akumamaru
Apr 9, 2012, 03:17 AM
i know right? ive been playing a lot and no lag what so ever xD sega finally did something right by switching to better servers

Dragwind
Apr 9, 2012, 08:31 PM
I agree, there seems to be no more network lag.

Akumamaru
Apr 10, 2012, 04:02 AM
this worries me...if people say that PSU 360 is in its last breath then why spend money on buying new servers? would that be a waste of money?

Orochinagi
Apr 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
this worries me...if people say that PSU 360 is in its last breath then why spend money on buying new servers? would that be a waste of money?

I think those ppl saying that may have read it on the Mayan Calendar that it happens AFTER the end of the world in 2012 lol

Anna_Wren
Apr 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Despite what a lot of people predict or think, SoA kinda needs PSU... As you saw, the games area isn't making much money at all. While PSU isn't as big a deal over here as it is in japan it still makes them a tremendous profit vs effort. over 2500 or so players are active a month and that means each month SoA gets (after some minor costs) about 20000 bucks a month from the game. Also note that the ID numbers keep rising and I saw someone with a 150k ID just this morning. That means over the course of the games life that SoA has made over a million dollars from just the very first month of subscribers. And I would wager it makes at least half a million or more every year from the steady players and a mix of newbies. Its almost free money so shutting the 360 servers down would be stupid for them, especially right now. This may even get us the Supplemental updates eventually. Hell, they are even giving us weapons that I know some people paid anywhere from 10-300 bucks just to get one of and they are throwing them at us like CANDY. Photon drops too.