PDA

View Full Version : Try to install character creator demo but just get this error

AKluthe
Apr 5, 2012, 12:51 PM
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6080/pso2error.jpg

"『ファンタシースターオンライン2』は、お使いのコンピューターのOSに対応していません。"

"Phantasy Star Online 2" does not correspond to the OS of your computer.

Thing is, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, 32 bit. Anyone else experience this/have a work around?

Clunker
Apr 5, 2012, 12:54 PM
Was just about to ask the same thing - running Win XP SP2 here.

Kazzi
Apr 5, 2012, 01:05 PM
I couldn't get PSO2 to run on any version of Windows XP without that error coming up. Even if you do manage to bypass it the game is near unplayable, the lag is so severe on even the lowest possible settings.

AKluthe
Apr 5, 2012, 01:10 PM
I couldn't get PSO2 to run on any version of Windows XP without that error coming up. Even if you do manage to bypass it the game is near unplayable, the lag is so severe on even the lowest possible settings.

What you're saying implies you've found a work around. Is this correct?

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 02:37 PM
Upgrade to the latest service pack(I think it's 3).

Kazzi
Apr 5, 2012, 02:57 PM
What you're saying implies you've found a work around. Is this correct?

What AKluthe said. It seems to work on Service pack 3, not very well, but it works.

CDOG14515
Apr 5, 2012, 03:22 PM
Is there any hope for Windows XP users (even with sp 3)? I'm downloading the CC now, but I'm getting quite nervous...

My laptop specs are:

Windows XP Professional
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.40GHz
2 GB ram
GeForce 8700M GT

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 03:28 PM
Oh so thats the error I got but I cant read it because my of the japanese characters.

I have Windows XP too and it seems it does not work, I guess they will fix this in the international version.

Mag-X
Apr 5, 2012, 03:42 PM
Weren't there people playing the alpha with XP?

CDOG14515
Apr 5, 2012, 03:45 PM
This thread is a mega-bummer :(

Oh well, I guess that's one less thing to buy this year.

Working off a laptop, so if it's done, I'm not buying a new one or building a tower just yet for 3 games this year (Diablo III, Torchlight II and PSO2).

Laaame...

Lol...just remembered PSO2 is F2P...my "feel-better justification" isn't even valid.

Laaaaame...

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 03:57 PM
Weren't there people playing the alpha with XP?

Western people you say? because maybe the XP japanese its a bit different, at least in the game page says that you need a japanese XP (Yeah I know it says the same with Vista and 7 and people are playing it)

AKluthe
Apr 5, 2012, 04:14 PM
It seems to work on Service pack 3, not very well, but it works.

Interesting. I have SP2 so maybe I'll update and give SP3 a shot.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 5, 2012, 04:22 PM
Um. Update your Windows XP to Service pack 3, update your graphics drivers, download Direct X 9 or 10 and it *should* run. I am using XP "Media Edition" with Service Pack 3, and using a GeForce 8600GT and have 2gb of RAM and the Character creator installed and ran fine.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah, like Shadow said, update your DirectX and video drivers to the absolute latest. Also make sure you have the latest XP service pack.

If that doesn't work, one other thing to try is changed Window's region/language settings to Japan and Japanese. I don't have any evidence that will help, but I'm curious if it might.

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 04:33 PM
Thats weird, SP3 does not affect games, SP3 on XP its only a patch for security, I have a lot of games that says it needs "Windows XP SP3" and you can play fine in SP2, you only need SP3 for gaming if you need to install Games for Windows Live.

AKluthe
Apr 5, 2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, like Shadow said, update your DirectX and video drivers to the absolute latest. Also make sure you have the latest XP service pack.

If that doesn't work, one other thing to try is changed Window's region/language settings to Japan and Japanese. I don't have any evidence that will help, but I'm curious if it might.

My video drivers and Direct X are up to date. I play a lot of games on this PC, that shouldn't be an issue. The first thing I tried last night was switching it all to Japanese. That is a no-go.

Thats weird, SP3 does not affect games, SP3 on XP its only a patch for security, I have a lot of games that says it needs "Windows XP SP3" and you can play fine in SP2, you only need SP3 for gaming if you need to install Games for Windows Live.

I didn't think SP3 should have any impact on games, but I don't know what all it did (besides security updates). If nothing else, the game's anti-cheating software (GameGuard or whatever this thing is using) might require it for some arbitrary reason. I don't have any reason to believe this, though; it's just aguess.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 04:42 PM
But the game might check for the presence of the service pack and refuse to boot regardless of if it's technically capable of running.

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
But the game might check for the presence of the service pack and refuse to boot regardless of if it's technically capable of running.

Maybe can be that.

If someone updates SP2 to 3 check if that works, I cant update my OS now.

Also, Sega has an official forum or something? maybe we can tell us about this.

Shadownami92
Apr 5, 2012, 06:09 PM
For me when I got that error, I just selected the other file with a Rappy icon to open from the SEGA folder at the installation destination and it worked fine for me. And the game ran pretty well too for running on a 6 year old desktop. :D

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 07:04 PM
For me when I got that error, I just selected the other file with a Rappy icon to open from the SEGA folder at the installation destination and it worked fine for me. And the game ran pretty well too for running on a 6 year old desktop. :D

Huh? I dont understand you, what you did exactly? We have a little .exe and big size .bin, then if you run the exe you get this error, and you cant open the bin.

I think your error is other because we cant even install this.

Quebe_Lae
Apr 8, 2012, 11:51 PM
I got this message. Not a clue and I'm too tired to translate atm. It wouldn't let me highlight the text either.

Mike
Apr 9, 2012, 12:30 AM
I got this message. Not a clue and I'm too tired to translate atm. It wouldn't let me highlight the text either.

Turn your settings down.

Ark22
Apr 9, 2012, 12:39 AM
Windows XP Users- IMPORTANT INFO

The character creation demo installer may crash when you attempt to run it. There are rumors that the creator will install and run if you have at least Service Pack 3.

That is what some guy said on a blog, I would link it but the translated version download is there to so no I can't link you. I would say give it a shot.

Quebe_Lae
Apr 9, 2012, 12:02 PM
Turn your settings down.

Thank you so much! IT LIIIIVES!! I only cried a little bit.

Nommy
Apr 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
*EDIT*

I just found out the CC won't run on single-core PCs...

That sucks... but, I was going to buy a new one soon anyway... Guess I just gotta keep waiting.