PDA

View Full Version : Guide Character Creator Navigation Guide

Sol_Vent
Apr 5, 2012, 01:07 PM
Here is something to help those who can't read Japanese to navigate the Character Creation in the Demo. It's not a translation so much as a trial and error write-up. It doesn't cover the race/class selection since it's easy to figure out. I first wrote it for myself but I thought I'd share it with all of you nice folks. Hope it's helpful.

All Tabs Closed
[SPOILER-BOX]

Head
-Simple Editing
-Detailed Editing

Hair
Hair Style
Hair Color

Body
-Simple Editing
-Detailed Editing

Clothing (Humans/Newmans only)
-Outfit
-Accessories

Accessorization (Cast only)
-Colors
-Accessories

Randomizer
Randomize (If you hit this by accident, press ctrl+z or the undo button to take it back.)

Data
Save
Load

Other
Expression Tester
Timeline (Undo and Redo the actions you've performed using the checkboxes. Thanks to Home Dog for this information.)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Humans/Newmans

Head
[SPOILER-BOX]
Simple Editing
Head Presets
Head and Face Morphing (Categorical)*
Face Type
Eye Type
Eye Color
Eyebrows
Eyebrow Color
Eyelashes
Face Markings 1
Face Markings 2

Detailed Editing
Head Morphing
Face Morphing
Eye Morphing
Nose Morphing (Width)
Nose Morphing (Length)
Ear Morphing
Mouth Morphing
[/spoiler-box]

Hair[spoiler-box]
Hair Style
Hair Color
[/spoiler-box]

Body
[spoiler-box]
Simple Editing
Body Presets
Body Morphing (Categorical)*
Skin Color
Tattoos/Undergarments

Detailed Editing
Torso Morphing and Height
Arm Morphing
Leg Morphing
Muscle Tone[/spoiler-box]

Clothing
[spoiler-box]
Clothes
Outfit
Outfit Color

Accessories
Accessory 1
Accessory 2
Accessory 3
Emblems[/spoiler-box]

Casts

Head
[SPOILER-BOX]
Simple Editing
Head/Face Type
Head and Face Morphing (Categorical)*
Skin Color
Eye Type
Eye Color
Eyebrows
Eyebrow Color
Eyelashes
Face Markings 1
Face Markings 2

Detailed Editing
Head Morphing
Face Morphing
Eye Morphing
Nose Morphing (Width)
Nose Morphing (Length)
Ear Morphing
Mouth Morphing
[/spoiler-box]

Hair[spoiler-box]
Hair Style
Hair Color

Note: This section will be entirely grayed out unless you use a fleshie face.
[/spoiler-box]

Body
[spoiler-box]
Simple Editing
Body Presets
Body Morphing (Categorical)*
Torso Parts
Arm Parts
Leg Parts

Detailed Editing
Torso Morphing and Height
Arm Morphing
Leg Morphing
Muscle Tone (grayed out)[/spoiler-box]

Accessorization
[spoiler-box]
Colors
Main Color
Sub Color 1
Sub Color 2
Sub Color 3

Accessories
Accessory 1
Accessory 2
Accessory 3
Emblems[/spoiler-box]

*Entries marked "Categorical" refer to editing based on certain qualities. For instance, face categories might be "relaxed" or "serious." Body categories might be "built" or "slender." If anyone is nice enough to translate these categories, it would be much appreciated.

Home Dog
Apr 5, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks! I found this useful. :)

pkersinc
Apr 5, 2012, 02:37 PM
Great guide btw, very useful.
anyway someone could translate the another menus like the video tests and the video settings? That would be awesome! thanks!

Metsume
Apr 5, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thank you for this! :)

I was nearly about to make something like this for myself, only totally inaccurate. hahah

Randomness
Apr 5, 2012, 04:54 PM
As a warning, right below the accessories category... is a random button, with no confirmation. Ouch.

Vashyron
Apr 5, 2012, 04:56 PM
As a warning, right below the accessories category... is a random button, with no confirmation. Ouch.

You can undo with CTRL + Z or pushing the Undo button.

Rizen
Apr 5, 2012, 04:57 PM
All you need to do is just Press the undo button on the bottom right or press Ctrl+Z.
Edit: ninja'd... :(

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
There is one in the original PSO games too, the odd thing about it though is that as far as I've found you still couldn't fully read it as it didn't show the whole word Random.

Home Dog
Apr 5, 2012, 07:06 PM
For the thing on the bottom. Those are all of the changes you made. So as you uncheck them, the change is reverted to what it was on the preset you chose. Of course you can just recheck them to get it back.

Griffin
Apr 5, 2012, 07:09 PM
Can you translate the graphics options on the Launcher?

Sol_Vent
Apr 5, 2012, 07:19 PM
For the thing on the bottom. Those are all of the changes you made. So as you uncheck them, the change is reverted to what it was on the preset you chose. Of course you can just recheck them to get it back.

Ah. Thank you very much. Updating now.

Can you translate the graphics options on the Launcher?

I cannot. However...

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-character-creator-demo-is-up-plus-mini-guide/

Randomness
Apr 6, 2012, 09:09 PM
You can undo with CTRL + Z or pushing the Undo button.

I only found the undo button a bit later.

I can't believe I didn't think to try Ctrl+Z though... (considering how ubiquitous it is)

NoGoBoard
Apr 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
This should be stickied.

vanishingstapler
Apr 9, 2012, 12:01 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but here's another note about the timeline thing:

You can change the 'preset' you're using to whatever character is currently displayed by hitting that button on bottom left, like you're going to save the character for use in the benchmark, but then cancelling. If you loaded one custom character, set it as a 'preset' like this, then loaded another, you could use the check boxes to select some attributes from the first custom character, and others from the second. This could be useful sharing things (hair and eye colors, body shape, etc.) between characters that would be difficult to replicate otherwise.

Note: I used the word 'preset', but this doesn't actually change any of the default presets - only the one you're using during a single session.

moorebounce
Apr 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
Here are screens of the menu that I took.

moorebounce
Apr 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
Heres part 2

Misto
Apr 14, 2012, 08:18 AM
I tried running character creator in full screen and it won't work. I can max out my settings in a Window Mode and I still excellent results with my rig but for some reason Full Screen triggers this and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't anyone that speaks Japanese who knows what this says.

Vashyron
Apr 14, 2012, 08:50 AM
I tried running character creator in full screen and it won't work. I can max out my settings in a Window Mode and I still excellent results with my rig but for some reason Full Screen triggers this and I'm not entirely sure why. I don't anyone that speaks Japanese who knows what this says.

It says the same thing if you Alt + Tab in Fullscreen, so I'm guessing it isn't automatically getting focus or something is stealing it.

Unless you really want Fullscreen in the Benchmark I wouldn't worry about it. In the Beta they have fixed the Alt + Tabbing problem so what your getting there shouldn't technically happen in the actual game.

(If you are determined on having Fullscreen in the Benchmark you can go into your Documents/SEGA open user_benchmark.pso2 with Notepad, set VirtualFullScreen = true. This technically is Windowed with no Border though.)

Misto
Apr 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
It says the same thing if you Alt + Tab in Fullscreen, so I'm guessing it isn't automatically getting focus or something is stealing it.

Unless you really want Fullscreen in the Benchmark I wouldn't worry about it. In the Beta they have fixed the Alt + Tabbing problem so what your getting there shouldn't technically happen in the actual game.

(If you are determined on having Fullscreen in the Benchmark you can go into your Documents/SEGA open user_benchmark.pso2 with Notepad, set VirtualFullScreen = true. This technically is Windowed with no Border though.)

I fiddled around with the configuration file and adjusted the settings quite a bit, from what I can gather, it's something about Full Screen it doesn't like. I tried analyzing the dump I pulled from memory, but nothing really gave me a good idea and you're likely right. I do use other software which might be preventing the character creator from grabbing the screen completely.

Force Sly
May 2, 2012, 06:25 PM
I don't know where else to post this, and I don't feel my question is thread worthy...

Anyway, is there any way to 'hide' the menu(the side bar option selectors) in the Character Creator? I want to take screenshots without the menus in the pictures.

Saotome Kaneda
May 2, 2012, 06:29 PM
I don't know where else to post this, and I don't feel my question is thread worthy...

Anyway, is there any way to 'hide' the menu(the side bar option selectors) in the Character Creator? I want to take screenshots without the menus in the pictures.

Fairly sure the options menu before you get in the benchmark/creator(3rd menu choice at the main menu) has everything you need.

Taitu
May 2, 2012, 06:29 PM

shift+print screen

Your image will be saved in the PSO2 folder in your Documents.

Force Sly
May 2, 2012, 06:33 PM
shift+print screen

Your image will be saved in the PSO2 folder in your Documents.

Thank you very much!

vanishingstapler
May 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
Posting various notes that might be helpful:

-You can turn your character by clicking on them and moving left/right.
-You can move the camera up or down by clicking and moving up/down.
-You can move the camera angle up or down by clicking, holding CTRL, and moving up/down.
-Double clicking toggles between max and min zoom.

-You can right click anywhere on an editor box to close it instead of clicking the 'X'.
-On the editor boxes where you can drag the corners of a kite/parallelogram (such as those used in detailed face or body editors), you can hold CTRL after clicking to allow for more precise movement (instead of following your cursor, the corners will move a small amount for a relatively large amount of mouse movement).
-Click the 'Next' button (lower left box) and save your character under a unique name to have it appear in the benchmark

-Lipstick colors stack, and order matters. If two lipstick colors are selected, those picked for the second makeup option will have the stronger effect.
-The front double braids (second to last) can get stuck out of position if you shake the camera around enough. This may happen with other haircuts too, though I haven't checked.

-Clickable buttons for camera controls, show/hide equipment, undo, and redo are in the lower right corner.
-Note: some of the following keyboard commands may not work on all keyboards.
-You can also undo with CTRL+Z, or the backslash key.
-You can also redo with CTRL+Y, or NUMPAD 7/HOME (with NumLock off)
-You can also show/hide equipment with NUMPAD 0/INS (with NumLock off)
-You can also zoom in and out with the + and - keys.

-You can take a screen shot with the Print Screen key.
-You can take a screen shot that doesn't have the menu in it by holding CTRL and pressing the Print Screen key.
-Screenshot commands also work during the benchmark.

-Entering the Konami Code during the editor does nothing, so you shouldn't even try. Really.

Clunker
Jun 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
Where's the option to set voices or the CAST's option for Running vs. Jet Thrusters?

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 07:57 PM
That's only in the real game. Its near the bottom though.

Clunker
Jun 17, 2012, 09:41 PM
ARGH, I was hoping it was placed in the CC, as I've got the patch on that, and see WTH I'm doing.
Don't suppose someone has a Screenshot of the particular section on-screen?

KunoMochi
Jun 17, 2012, 10:48 PM
@vanishingstapler:
You forgot to mention the number on the upper right corner being the measure for your character's height in centimeters.

Some times the counter jumps 2 units at a time. To get around this, just quickly turn the clothes on and off and the counter should show the real number.

vanishingstapler
Jun 18, 2012, 09:09 PM
@vanishingstapler:
You forgot to mention the number on the upper right corner being the measure for your character's height in centimeters.

Some times the counter jumps 2 units at a time. To get around this, just quickly turn the clothes on and off and the counter should show the real number.

I started using the "Body Shape Blending" menu to get accurate heights (open it, slide "height" to max or min, click cancel), since the on/off trick only works if the outfit changes the character's height significantly. It also seems like the sway animation (in the stand-alone creator, at least) influences the height reported slightly - if a character is around halfway between two integer heights (say, 165 and 166), it may end up showing '165' sometimes and '166' at others. If you really wanted to, you could make tiny height adjustments so it would always be just 165 or just 166, but most people probably aren't that meticulous.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 09:57 PM
Is the option to make casts hover in this character creator?

KunoMochi
Jun 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
No, the hover option is not in the Character Creator demo from what I've seen. It's probably only available through the PSO2 client, after you have logged into the server. :(

Scionni
Jun 20, 2012, 11:39 PM
No, the hover option is not in the Character Creator demo from what I've seen. It's probably only available through the PSO2 client, after you have logged into the server. :(

Yes, but on the bright side, it's easy to locate that option in Japanese. You'll know you've found it when you see your character start to loop the running animation.

Jezo
Jun 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
Is ther a guide that goes along with the character creator in the beta that everyone is now playing?

One that goes from start to finish? I am already overwhelmed on what I think is the race selection screen.. once I pick one of those options I am taken to a screen with three sub options and from that I get to one that has 10 more options!

Oh man, so much Japanese..