PDA

View Full Version : CC crashes...

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 12:24 PM
Every time i attempt to use the FPS thingy or the actual character creation, the game freezes...
ive messed around with all the options but nothing has worked, and im still unable to do anything with this demo... :/ ...i just get pso2.exe has stopped working.

Angelo
Apr 8, 2012, 12:28 PM
Every time i attempt to use the FPS thingy or the actual character creation, the game freezes...
ive messed around with all the options but nothing has worked, and im still unable to do anything with this demo... :/ ...i just get pso2.exe has stopped working.

Could be a myriad of things.

Try the old standby first:

Update your GPU drivers.

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 12:31 PM
Could be a myriad of things.

Try the old standby first:

Update your GPU drivers.

It did need updating, ill get back to you if it didnt work ^^

EDIT: didnt work... but ill try restarting...

Faiyez
Apr 8, 2012, 12:42 PM
Post you specs.

Ark22
Apr 8, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hit your tower with a bat, install some viruses, cipher /w:[DRIVE LETTER]:\ then C:\> cipher /w:e:\ (NO DON'T DO THAT lmao)

But if you have XP update to service pack 3

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 01:14 PM
Ive got Windows 7 64-bit, ATI Radeon HD 4350, some processors and a nifty green hat.
still not working after restart btw.

Ark22
Apr 8, 2012, 01:38 PM
Uninstall then reinstall if that doesn't work I will scour the net to find a solution.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 01:52 PM
Uninstall then reinstall if that doesn't work I will scour the net to find a solution.

Reinstalling the OS and formating up the computer is something easy to say from a PC geek, for some more casual people sounds like a huge drama. Be careful on what you recommend, this should be the last resort in fixing up a game problem.

For some people is hassle and time, for others even money gets involved if their not good with computers.

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 01:58 PM
Reinstalling the OS and formating up the computer is something easy to say from a PC geek, for some more casual people sounds like a huge drama. Be careful on what you recommend, this should be the last resort in fixing up a game problem.

For some people is hassle and time, for others even money gets involved if their not good with computers.

yeah pretty much...
Im not actually very good with PC maintenance, or anything to do with the insides of hardware/unrevealing software, despite being relatively knowledgeable about everything else.
I mean, im a decent programmer, web and otherwise, 3D modelling... plenty of stuff... but when it comes to the simple: "There was an error. Goodbye." nature of error reports... i cant do anything with that...
and operating systems i know absolutely nothing about... its on the computer and its ignored... reinstalling sounds like a huge hassle.

Ark22
Apr 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
No no no xD, Uninstall the game then reinstall it haha, No problem should be coming from the OS.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
Personally I find a big problem to customizely install my whole Windows 7 again in my comp, when I saw performance problems in my CPU when running PSO2, I rather instead do a whole Registry Clean up manually, change in the .msi files and massively delete files and re-order the hard disk spaces, update the drivers, etc. Just for the sake of not having to reinstall the OS, gave the same results as reinstalling it but without reinstalling it. I have over 100 Gygs of saved documents, up to 3D renders, drawings, video recordings and some few games I got for free because of Steam and GoG events that I can't get them again if I reinstall the OS. Just in case you all wondering "couldn't you just reinstall it?"

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
No no no xD, Uninstall the game then reinstall it haha, No problem should be coming from the OS.

thats what i though you meant before he wrote that.
done that a few times... but not since the new drivers.

Ark22
Apr 8, 2012, 02:08 PM
You have steam and you didn't even bother to add me :cry:

But yeah reinstalling windows 7 is a big bitch. Had to do it because my friend put in some random code he found on the internet for Windows 7 Ult and installed it. I cried for 3 whole days backing up 600 gigs worth of stuff.

But yeah @G-man, just try uninstalling the game then reinstall it, if not I will scour the webs like I promised.

Ok, Scouring DA WEB* flies off*

Can you access the options menu?

Go to documents, Find the folder SEGA, hit Phantasy star online 2 then scroll till you find User_BenchMark

When you click it it will ask you to select a program to open it with, select Notepad then scroll down till you see the following

TextureResolution = 2,
ShaderQuality = true,
Function = {
Reflection = true,
LightGeoGraphy = true,
LightShaft = true,
Depth = true,
Bloom = true,
LightEffect = true,
Blur = true,
AntiAliasing = true,

Once you find that change to it to what I changed it to.

TextureResolution = 1,
ShaderQuality = false,
Function = {
Reflection = false,
LightGeoGraphy = false,
LightShaft = false,
Depth = false,
Bloom = false,
LightEffect = false,
Blur = false,
AntiAliasing = false,

After you do that hit save and try to run it again =D. IF that doesn't work, I will just try to find another solution.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 02:09 PM
thats what i though you meant before he wrote that.
done that a few times... but not since the new drivers.

Sorry to be harsh but I want to test how good your PC performs. Can you take a timer in "00:00 Minutes:Seconds" format of How much time it takes your computer from booting up to open up your Internet Browser? It should take lesser than 3 minutes to properly run a game.

@Ark22: I only use Steam when playing Steam games. Which I currently don't to avoid RAM use.

•Col•
Apr 8, 2012, 02:11 PM
To the OP: Do you have Direct x 10 or 11 installed?

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 02:31 PM

But yeah reinstalling windows 7 is a big bitch. Had to do it because my friend put in some random code he found on the internet for Windows 7 Ult and installed it. I cried for 3 whole days backing up 600 gigs worth of stuff.

But yeah @G-man, just try uninstalling the game then reinstall it, if not I will scour the webs like I promised.

Go to documents, Find the folder SEGA, hit Phantasy star online 2 then scroll till you find User_BenchMark

When you click it it will ask you to select a program to open it with, select Notepad then scroll down till you see the following

TextureResolution = 2,
ShaderQuality = true,
Function = {
Reflection = true,
LightGeoGraphy = true,
LightShaft = true,
Depth = true,
Bloom = true,
LightEffect = true,
Blur = true,
AntiAliasing = true,

TextureResolution = 1,
ShaderQuality = false,
Function = {
Reflection = false,
LightGeoGraphy = false,
LightShaft = false,
Depth = false,
Bloom = false,
LightEffect = false,
Blur = false,
AntiAliasing = false,

After you do that hit save and try to run it again =D. IF that doesn't work, I will just try to find another solution.

No luck with this, but i think i managed to change most if that via the options menu earlier anyway.

To the OP: Do you have Direct x 10 or 11 installed?

this however, i actually dont know.

Yeah, i have 11.

Sorry to be harsh but I want to test how good your PC performs. Can you take a timer in "00:00 Minutes:Seconds" format of How much time it takes your computer from booting up to open up your Internet Browser? It should take lesser than 3 minutes to properly run a game.

why would this matter even if it were over 3 minutes?
its not either way.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 02:34 PM
No luck with this, but i think i managed to change most if that via the options menu earlier anyway.

this however, i actually dont know.
lets check...

Start Menu > Run > type "dxdiag" then press enter. :3

If you can save the diag and put it on a spoiler box, that would be nice too!

Vashyron
Apr 8, 2012, 02:34 PM
The game only uses Direct x 9.

Try updating that. (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35)

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 02:44 PM

TextureResolution = 2,
ShaderQuality = true,
Function = {
Reflection = true,
LightGeoGraphy = true,
LightShaft = true,
Depth = true,
Bloom = true,
LightEffect = true,
Blur = true,
AntiAliasing = true,

TextureResolution = 1,
ShaderQuality = false,
Function = {
Reflection = false,
LightGeoGraphy = false,
LightShaft = false,
Depth = false,
Bloom = false,
LightEffect = false,
Blur = false,
AntiAliasing = false,

Aha!!!
i played around a little more in that there file, started it up... 0 lag, works fine. Ill reset everything one by one to find what caused the problem for future reference.
:D

ShaderQuality = True, caused the problem, it reset itself and a couple of others the first time i tried it though, which is why it didnt work the first time...
i have a very similar problem with Skyrim so ill see if shaders are causing that too :D

Thanks for all the help guys ^^

Ark22
Apr 8, 2012, 02:52 PM
=) Ark...+1

Haha no probs, I am not computer savy but I have my share here and there. Shit = solved!

Randomness
Apr 8, 2012, 06:13 PM

@Ark22: I only use Steam when playing Steam games. Which I currently don't to avoid RAM use.

That's not necessarily a good test, you know. Mostly because plenty of good computers have like twenty programs trying to start at boot - which can really slow the process down, even if they have negligible impact twenty minutes later. Admittedly, this is easily fixed, but still.