PDA

View Full Version : Things you are disapointed in the character creation

EvilMag
Apr 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
Me: No Afros. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2012, 08:50 PM
Female stances and running animations. Mind you, for what they are, they're FANTASTIC. It's just really limiting to make a character that you want, and looks good with that stance.

And, that's my only complaint, really.

shouldn't the quote be "Afro NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!"?

RenzokukenZ
Apr 8, 2012, 08:52 PM
Lack of masculine long hair.

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2012, 08:53 PM
It's an all around fantastic character creator. Not the best, but top five, easily. So, my list of complaints is small.

- That derpy knock kneed stance females have in the creator.

- Lack of facial hair options for men. I wanted a goatee. There was no goatee.

- Inability to color large portions of fleshie armors.

- The clothing and parts selection was limited, all in all. I'm sure there'll be more, between the live game and the cash shop, but as it is, I used one outfit for 80% of my creations.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 8, 2012, 08:54 PM
this is a beta of the CC..... more options will be in the final I am sure. but yes a selection of at least 3 different stances for male and female would be nice.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 8, 2012, 08:54 PM
I love what we have to work with so far. But the creator's weak points IMO are the following: not enough outfits, Cast parts, and hairstyles. Nothing that would really be added to the initial character creation selection, though, so I dunno if it counts.

EDIT: Also, not enough control over outfit colors.

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm contempt with my character so I'm not really bummed out. My only aesthetic concern is attire colorizations.

yoshiblue
Apr 8, 2012, 08:55 PM
As with most, i'm pleased with the CC. My only issue is the lack of suits, accessorys, and the ability to change all the colors on everyone's suit like CASTs can.

•Col•
Apr 8, 2012, 08:56 PM
Lack of masculine long hair.

What does masculine long hair look like? o.O

I think that's kinda contradictory... Considering that generally:
short hair = masculine
long hair = feminine

Anyway, there's only one complaint I have....

FIX THE DAMN FREAKING LIGHTING IN THE CHARACTER CREATOR SO IT MATCHES THE LIGHTING IN THE ACTUAL GAME

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
long hair = feminine

Why I oughta.....

•Col•
Apr 8, 2012, 09:00 PM
Why I oughta.....

You oughta nothing, because it's true. :l

Not saying it's impossible to look masculine/feminine with long/short hair... But I don't really understand what a "masculing long" hairstyle would be.

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 09:01 PM

Not saying it's impossible to look masculine/feminine with long/short hair... But I don't really understand what a "masculing long" hairstyle would be.

Sephiroth.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2012, 09:02 PM
Don't we have that hairstyle?

Rizen
Apr 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
Sephiroth.

Not a fair comparison!
He was a pretty boy anyway >.>

yoshiblue
Apr 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
Your mileage may vary.

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 09:04 PM
Not a fair comparison!
He was a pretty boy anyway >.>

I'm trying to make a point here!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 8, 2012, 09:04 PM
What does masculine long hair look like? o.O Masculine long hair would look more like this (http://knightly-slumber.com/worldofwarcraft/files/Varian_Wei.jpg), or this (http://scifi.soentertain.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/conan-the-barbarian-1.jpg). Generally, masculine long hair is wilder and more untamed than feminine long hair.

Vashyron
Apr 8, 2012, 09:05 PM
80% of Hairstyles clipping with the Cowboy hat. :wacko:

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
Clipping and lack of coloration for outfits are definitely my two biggest beefs.

I wish the outfits were more granular like PSU outfits, but I'm willing to take the trade-off in quality for 'em... as long as there are more outfits in total than there were in PSU by release (yes, high bar, I know).

BIG OLAF
Apr 8, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hm. Hopefully this doesn't spark another breast debate, but it kind of bugs me that if you make the breasts wider you can't also make them stick out farther. They end up looking huge, yes, but also...kind of flattened.

Example:

[spoiler-box]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/Nassie4.png[/spoiler-box]
^I mean, it's not so bad, but it's a minor annoyance.

Besides that, I'd say the fact that some parts of the fleshie outfits aren't color-able. I say make it like CAST outfits, where you can recolor every bit.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
Masculine long hair would look more like this (http://scifi.soentertain.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/conan-the-barbarian-1.jpg).

You know, normally, I'm against getting gay raped. But in this case, I don't think I'd mind so much.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 8, 2012, 09:11 PM
Masculine long hair would look more like this (http://knightly-slumber.com/worldofwarcraft/files/Varian_Wei.jpg), or this (http://scifi.soentertain.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/conan-the-barbarian-1.jpg). Generally, masculine long hair is wilder and more untamed than feminine long hair.

The chicken has it right on the money.

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
Masculine long hair would look more like this (http://knightly-slumber.com/worldofwarcraft/files/Varian_Wei.jpg), or this (http://scifi.soentertain.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/conan-the-barbarian-1.jpg). Generally, masculine long hair is wilder and more untamed than feminine long hair.

No. NO!

Like this:

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/f/a/Fabio.jpg

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
As said in my previous post. Not enough expression samples in the editor. Like the PSU's @7 expression for trolling!

RenzokukenZ
Apr 8, 2012, 09:18 PM
Or even this

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/454767.jpg

One could say it takes a masculine man to make long hair look masculine, but even then it wouldn't work. So yes, needs more masculine long hair.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 09:19 PM
This~ Manly hair for the ARCS Cash!

•Col•
Apr 8, 2012, 09:21 PM
Aside from the samurai/Mitsirugi-esque hair... I wouldn't consider any of the other hairstyles posted in this thread to be particularly masculine... <.<

They're on some masculine looking guys, yeah... But if you took the hair off, it looks like a woman's hair who just got out of the shower and tried to dry it really quickly. lol

Griffin
Apr 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
http://www.godammit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/brand-new-longhair-houseboy.jpg

Yea.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 8, 2012, 09:28 PM
Two things: 1st off; the picture is broken, Griffin. Neeeever mind.

2nd: Short masculine hair and long feminine hair are more things we've "deemed" to be correct, ideas reinforced through gender roles, etc.

That being said, we have long masculine hairstyles. Majority of them don't flow over the shoulders, though; they point towards the stars.

Anyway, on topic. I'd like the males to have a fullbody wetsuit type of undergarment, if only to cover up the skin that is shown in the HUnewm's default outfit. I just think it'd look better without parts of the body glove missing like it appears to be. The female variant, given the starter outfits, is fine. (would I complain about a fullbody version being added? no. Is it needed? no.) And finally: Seriously, give fleshies the option to color all of their outfit, like the casts. It'd just work better, I think. I mean, most of my characters wouldn't even be affected by it, and I still want it in.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 8, 2012, 09:59 PM
It's an all around fantastic character creator.

- That derpy knock kneed stance females have in the creator. (I wish they could have went with a more neutral contrapposto pose for the female character creation or simply did a copy/paste of the male character creation pose.)

- Lack of facial hair options for men. (More facial hair variants should be added in addition to epic beards. I would really like to see some epic beards with the new hair physics that they have added into PSO2)

- The clothing and parts selection was limited, all in all.

While yes the Clothing selection was limited I think they did a very good job with the redesigns of the 12 classic classes (exept the Hucast, they made it to "gundam' like and looks nothing like the original silhouette of the hucast of PSO) while mostly retaining the silhouette of the classic PSO class it represents, while giving us 6 new unique costumes for the new race/class combos.

Otherwise the only one that stands out to me is the lack of at least a secondary colorization option for the Human and Numan costumes where as Casts have access to the color sliders for all 3 of their color options. Where as Humans and Numans are limited to 16 (i think) color choices that only changes the "primary color" of the costume. In turn this can result in no 2 casts will have the same color body where as the likely hood of 2 human/numans wearing the same costume and color is very likely.

Why I oughta.....

Fabio and/or Conan perhaps?

•Col•
Apr 8, 2012, 10:03 PM
Fabio and/or Conan perhaps?

[spoiler-box]
http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/fabio-lanzoni-crashes-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-5754_2.jpghttp://hairlossquery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/womans_hair_blowing_in_wind.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 8, 2012, 10:08 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/fabio-lanzoni-crashes-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-5754_2.jpghttp://hairlossquery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/womans_hair_blowing_in_wind.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup.

:lol::lol::lol:

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 8, 2012, 10:11 PM
1: one thing I've been disappointed in(for a long time now) is the lack of longer pigtails. I'm tired of small school girl pigtails. :nono:

2: the lack of color options for clothes and not being able to color the black parts of the outfit.

Ioriya
Apr 8, 2012, 10:42 PM
I've noticed that when the characters run, they look like they're gliding across the ground.

Just hope that they make it look more natural by release.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
I've noticed that when the characters run, they look like they're gliding across the ground.

Just hope that they make it look more natural by release.

That issue always existed since PSU. As for the Benchmark, it's because whatever you create. It just replaces the HUmar's skeleton, so you will move with the same coding as that character. Hence why CAST characters also run around without their boosters.

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
>Not enough Afros. (Even though there's that one in the cash shop.)

>Eyes look weird when you try to make em non-asian. D:

>Character's eyes follow you when you turn them sideways... Which makes the profile shot look awkward.

>Need more hairstyles from different races in general.

>Not enough Afros.

>They have that hotdog penis super yankee hair but no Afro.

>No Ass slider. (flat asian butts, guess they out of all the things a lot of their women don't have in Japan, Tits are the only part they care about; needs more booty!)

Uhm...

>Outfit choices so far... for male they all suck cept for humar, IMO. D:

>Only 9 color choices for the outfits... and you can only change the color of one part of the outfit? Are you serious, bro?

>Not enough 80's style jackets.

BIG OLAF
Apr 8, 2012, 10:54 PM
OH, DUH.

Also, I should add that there aren't any goddamn emotes. Taking facial expression pictures is nice and all, but I wanted some (non-benchmark) action shots.

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 10:56 PM
OH, DUH.

Also, I should add that there aren't any goddamn emotes. Taking facial expression pictures is nice and all, but I wanted some (non-benchmark) action shots.

Pretty much one of the things I said in the IRC, it would be nice the expresion shots made the character do some posing rather than stand in their creator pose moving their face.

Sir Green Aluminum
Apr 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
The requirement of having a "Sticker" or tatoo thing on your left breast if you're female. Why is there no option to not have one?

Gama
Apr 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
the fact that clothin has 1 clothing element and it dosent have a slider, more beard types, i want to have a fleshie male cast body, a fleshie head on a gundam body looks like a barbie doll head transplant....horrible... i want humanoid parts not gundanoid

Faiyez
Apr 8, 2012, 11:53 PM
>No Ass slider. (flat asian butts, guess they out of all the things a lot of their women don't have in Japan, Tits are the only part they care about; needs more booty!)

It's totally possible to adjust it.

8BitGinno
Apr 9, 2012, 12:09 AM
Heya EvilMag. :)

Alright let's see here!..

No goggles-on-forehead.
Limited colors on outfits.
Lack of awesome hats.
More hair styles! More!
Limited outfits.
And the weird save system that doesn't overwrite.

That about sums it up. I expect some vast improvements to the character creator when the game is actually launched Sega! :D

OH, DUH.

Edit: ^Oh and this!^
Same here Big O. :)

RenzokukenZ
Apr 9, 2012, 12:53 AM
Ah, just remembered something that I disliked.

The Scanner accessory being Cast-only.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2012, 12:56 AM
It's totally possible to adjust it.

Show me how to make j-lo butts!

Angelo
Apr 9, 2012, 01:41 AM
Different stances.

Everything else is golden, and things I found missing will probably be remedied with the cash shop.

I guess I wouldn't mind having a more 'white' female face to work with for a few token characters.

Demon-
Apr 9, 2012, 02:04 AM
-Clothes need to be able to change colors like cast outfits.
-Can't have one eye a different color.
-No eye-patches.
-Body sliders need more muscle mass.
-Still wish they'd break clothes down to pieces instead of only whole outfits.
-No single braided tail hair.
-No bald hair.
-Can't change colors of the emblems.
-Can't freely place emblems.
-Can't freely place tattoos.
-Just one tattoo.
-Only two facial hair choices.

I agree with the lack of manly long hair.

I know this is barely beta and at the beginning of the game you don't get many choices on clothes but I definitely wish there was more of everything.

I liked it though and at least it's a huge improvement over PSU's character creater.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 9, 2012, 04:39 AM
I found it kind of weird there were three beard types for guys :/ (Graves, Stalin and House)

Oh, oh, also... does anyone think the hair is REALLY awkward? Like if you give your character a small head, the hair stays the same size and in the same place and gives them a Frasier forehead or makes their hair look MASSIVE? It's really weird.

Also, I found PSO and PSU's colour sliders really easy to use. This is horrible though, tans are hard to accomplish and characters either end up SUPER PALE, DARK AS THE NIGHT or grey :/

Beret can't swap colours it's always red... why...

I don't have a problem with CASTs having totally changable colours but the Humanesque characters having a few colours to choose from. PSO has always had limited costume colors so its pretty normal really. CASTs just get more choice for people with no colour sense to make ugly things :P

Ummm... also no ass slider :P

FenixStryk
Apr 9, 2012, 04:50 AM
The Big Two for me:
-Hair length doesn't scale well, or (as far as I can tell) at all.
-Certain Proportions are linked to things that ideally should be separate (waist size, hand size etc.)

Also, a minor not-Character Creator issue: loose ends (ponytails, dress belts) like to wiggle uncontrollably if they can't find a comfortable place to rest.

Raven5_1
Apr 9, 2012, 05:06 AM
Lack of Man Boobs.

I'm serious. the lack of ability to give a fat guy man boobs is a grave failing

Getintothegame
Apr 9, 2012, 05:23 AM
Female stances and running animations.

Similar to your complaint, I have an issue with the 'jaggedness' of the Cast's running (or hovering) animation in the game. It just seems a tad awkward at this point.

Purple Lamplight
Apr 9, 2012, 05:35 AM
What does masculine long hair look like? o.O

http://i.imgur.com/LP52n.jpg

Raven5_1
Apr 9, 2012, 05:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LP52n.jpg

you are mistaken. that is a case of masculine body dulling the femininity of the hairstyle. that exact same hairstyle is seen predominantly on women. i mean take the hairstyle and apply it to a bloke without Fabio's physique.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 9, 2012, 05:45 AM
I would have loved to see uber long twin tails hair ala Hatsune Miku for a fun char I wanted to create =/

That unless I missed it completely.

Tetsaru
Apr 9, 2012, 06:18 AM
I realize this is still in beta, but here's what I think needs to be improved:

- low number of outfits
- outfits used swatches for colors instead of the sliders used for hair/eye color and Cast parts
- some colors on outfits couldn't be changed at all
- general lack of tattoo and decal options, and where to place them
- lack of variety of accessories, no color options for accessories
- muscle tone seems tacked on as a texture rather than changing the actual figure of the character
- characters still look buff even at minimum muscle settings, lack of options to make characters fatter other than proportion sliders
- long hair often looks stringy or paper-thin, has clipping issues, etc. (see picture below)
- no bald hairstyle, lack of non-spiky/non-anime-ish hairstyles for male characters
- lack of beard, mustache, and facial hair options
- lack of "mecha"-looking faces for female Casts
- running/hovering option for Casts was not present
- voice options were not present
- boobs at larger sizes are rendered horribly compared to the rest of the character:
[spoiler-box]
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/PSO2/wtfisthis.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Otherwise, I was quite impressed with the new character creator, one of the best I've seen in recent games.

D-Inferno
Apr 9, 2012, 07:59 AM
The color slider lacking RGB values. In order for me to attain pure red, orange, and white, I had to use a 3rd party printscreen tool of the game (PSO2's printscreen throws the image into JPG format...), open up MS paint, then using the color extractor to see what it's RGB value is. If it's not 255/0/0 or the like, keep moving slowly around the slider.

moorebounce
Apr 9, 2012, 08:46 AM

That and not all unis let you customize all their colors.

r00tabaga
Apr 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
Afros, anime styles and bald/stubbly heads are confirmed for the final version. It was shown in the last Famitsu scan. They do need to use a color pallett for outfits like cast parts have.

The CC tool is sick as hell though. I can't think of a game that is better ATM

Merumeru
Apr 9, 2012, 10:12 AM
XP Outfit colors, but I'm assuming that'll be solved by the cash shop XD

r00tabaga
Apr 9, 2012, 10:15 AM
XP Outfit colors, but I'm assuming that'll be solved by the cash shop XD

They may be neglecting to give us a color pallette for clothing simply to charge us Arks cash for more variety of colors later. Still would rather choose my own colors obviously. Doubting it now.

Xenobia
Apr 9, 2012, 10:43 AM
Self portrait from Leonardo da Vinci (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Selbstportrait_Leonardo_da_Vincis.jpg)... long hairs and he doesnt look feminine at all. Conclusion: Long hairs are not feminine itself, it depends on the shape as a whole. Men could even have a huge beard and would not look feminine, despite the long hairs.

Another good example is Sitting Bull (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Sitting_Bull.jpg)... especially US people should know him.

Grungo
Apr 9, 2012, 10:46 AM
no afro hair...............
im sad

Xenobia
Apr 9, 2012, 10:50 AM
Well yeah, afro hairs fitted on a Newman.... epic! Its actually my typical view of a Newman, a must have.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
The CC tool is sick as hell though. I can't think of a game that is better ATM
I can. It's called APB. :-P

I wish the game had clothing customization on par with Soul Calibur V, too... although I can imagine that that is going too far when the outfits are this complex (and they can't really be bothered to police people making inappropriate sticker/accessory combinations).

kyuuketsuki
Apr 9, 2012, 11:45 AM
Fabio, Sitting Bull... I don't get it. Long hair is long hair. It looks the same as long hair on a girl, except it's on a guy. I have nothing against long hair on a guy (although certainly not everyone can pull it off), but really, I don't see any difference between "guy long hair" and "girl long hair".

Griffin
Apr 9, 2012, 11:58 AM
I can. It's called APB. :-P

I wish the game had clothing customization on par with Soul Calibur V, too... although I can imagine that that is going too far when the outfits are this complex (and they can't really be bothered to police people making inappropriate sticker/accessory combinations).

I haven't seen APB's creator, but Aion's pre-patched creator allowed you to make pretty much anything as far as sliding. It was so bad that it had to be patched up to avoid graphic-breaking body shapes.

ClothoBuer
Apr 9, 2012, 02:01 PM
For me, it's the lack of outfit colors/color customization. Everything else is "as expected of PSO character creators". 12 colors with no option to adjust the secondary colors annoys me to no end.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 9, 2012, 02:58 PM
Fabio, Sitting Bull... I don't get it. Long hair is long hair. It looks the same as long hair on a girl, except it's on a guy. I have nothing against long hair on a guy (although certainly not everyone can pull it off), but really, I don't see any difference between "guy long hair" and "girl long hair".

Well the simple point is that most men with long hair do little to style it beyond the comb and brush. They might wash, condition, and add a little spray for shine, but rarely will you see curls or perms on men. Men usually leave their hair untamed and free to drape their shoulders, maybe using something to tie it off or braid it for work. Cut bangs are very unmanly, and hair accessories are out of the question.

Women will put lots and lots of time into cleaning, styling, curling, and keeping that mane untangled. Don't forget more stylish up-dos, fancier cuts, a wide array of bangs, fascinators, and anything else you can put in your hair to make it pretty.

Anyway, I also wanna know how you put more junk in that trunk. They do realize we're going to be seeing our characters from behind most of the time anyway. An ass slider should have been mandatory.

SephirothXer0
Apr 9, 2012, 04:18 PM
Anyway, I also wanna know how you put more junk in that trunk. They do realize we're going to be seeing our characters from behind most of the time anyway. An ass slider should have been mandatory.

All you need to do is widen the hips at the body morph screen. It won't make the ass stick way out, but it does noticeably change the size

And I used to have hair all the way down to my ass. I was definitely considered more feminine with it than I am without it. Whether you agree with gender roles or not, reality is what it is.

I think what most people here are talking about is having options for unstyled / plain long hair instead of the crazy styled bangs, flips and ponytails that we have to choose from currently.

Fhin
Apr 9, 2012, 04:27 PM
Changing the colors like with eye color or hair color should also be available for the costumes.
I think this would give the creator of the char the feeling to make a more unique char like before and there would be more variety.
That's the only thing I can think about at the moment.
Maybe the creator is not fully finished yet so we might see more in the full version.

EDIT: Oh yeah...you can't have enough hairstyles. ^^;

Raging Ghost
Apr 9, 2012, 05:00 PM
The lack of human-like parts for male CASTs.

That's all.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 9, 2012, 05:03 PM
the character creator really needs an ass slider

asses are so flat :(

Titan
Apr 9, 2012, 05:48 PM
- All the outfits look like cast parts.
- Male faceless Cast have little to no customization whatsoever
- You have to change the height, close the window to see your height number, then go back into the height to change it again. Why not just have the number with the slider?
- Skin tone is awkward to use. Am I the only one who thought so?
- Outfit colors should have a color pallet like Cast
- You can't just load a character, you have to select that specific race again before you scroll all the way down just to load

If none of these things are changed in the final version, I won't be too bothered except loading your character, which should be as simple as a click of a couple of buttons but knowing Sega, you will have to log out and watch their logo and every other menu before you can switch to play another character. Every PS game has done this and its dumb. Stop it.

Demon-
Apr 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
-Clothes need to be able to change colors like Cast outfits.
-Can't have one eye a different color.
-No eye-patches.
-Body sliders need more muscle mass.
-Still wish they'd break clothes down to pieces instead of only whole outfits.
-No single braided tail hair.
-No bald hair.
-Can't change colors of the emblems.
-Can't freely place emblems.
-Can't freely place tattoos.
-Just one tattoo.
-Only two facial hair choices.
-lack of manly long hair.
-Can't change hat colors.
-Needs a smaller baret and without the stupid bells.
-No hair length slider.
-Lots of hair clipping with hats.
-No fleshy arms/body/legs for Casts.

Raven5_1
Apr 9, 2012, 07:18 PM
Lack of Man Boobs.

I'm serious. the lack of ability to give a fat guy man boobs is a grave failing

I Really am serious.

BlueCast Boy
Apr 9, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cast needs more fleshly appearance than being way to bulky and clunky and also hope that Cast have different colors between their eyes and their armor and head parts.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 9, 2012, 08:49 PM
I Really am serious.

i can agree with this

Zeota
Apr 9, 2012, 09:28 PM
Lack of a "no hair at all" option. No love for us bald guys!

Freshellent
Apr 9, 2012, 09:46 PM
Said it dozens of times before, but will continue to say it:

WHERE THE FUX ARE MY MALE CAST PARTS? WHY THE FUX DO I LOOK LIKE JEHUTY AND A BULLET TRAIN HAD SEX.

Specifically, head parts.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2012, 09:53 PM
AH!!!

You guys all reminded me.

Need more castparts that look more like light weight armor, or Kireek like...

That giant robot stuff pretty much turned me off from making a cast. (even though I really like their rocket skates)

Angelo
Apr 9, 2012, 10:01 PM
AH!!!

You guys all reminded me.

Need more castparts that look more like light weight armor, or Kireek like...

That giant robot stuff pretty much turned me off from making a cast. (even though I really like their rocket skates)

There was a ton of it in PSU, so I'm sure it'll come at some point. I was turned off from making a cast for the same reason.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm sure they'll have to feel eventually obligated to...

Male CAST can't be one of the least popular choices next to male newman for no reason... Wait was M CAST one of the least popular? I'm sure it was, may as well look at those pie charts.

That being said, outfits can't be that big of a worry in general Especially if they're putting outfits in the cash shop. They would HAVE to make more interesting outfits, even a lot of fanservice'y cross over stuff. (God no vocaloid please god no) If they want people to buy outfits with REAL money-Scratch that GAMBLE for outfits with real money.

Just hope they make some cooler outfits quick. Do still want that black outfit the "hunewm" had in the concept art for the Sword, though.

r00tabaga
Apr 9, 2012, 10:26 PM
I would pay some serious Arks cash to have the original HUcast design in pso2. Lothorien is not the same in any other outfit.

Jeff86
Apr 9, 2012, 10:29 PM
Over all I love it, been mostly making my HUcaseal. A few things that would have been cool for her...

-option for one solid color for the eyes
-option for square pupils
-more cast-like hair options

Might be more stuff, but these were the first to come to mind.

ClothoBuer
Apr 10, 2012, 04:52 AM
I'm sure they'll have to feel eventually obligated to...

Male CAST can't be one of the least popular choices next to male newman for no reason... Wait was M CAST one of the least popular? I'm sure it was, may as well look at those pie charts.

That being said, outfits can't be that big of a worry in general Especially if they're putting outfits in the cash shop. They would HAVE to make more interesting outfits, even a lot of fanservice'y cross over stuff. (God no vocaloid please god no) If they want people to buy outfits with REAL money-Scratch that GAMBLE for outfits with real money.

Just hope they make some cooler outfits quick. Do still want that black outfit the "hunewm" had in the concept art for the Sword, though.

I'm pretty sure it was male Newman as the least used combo, I'll need to take a look at those charts again myself as well. As for 'fanservice-y crossover' outfits, I really enjoyed all the Fate/Stay stuff in PSP2, and would love to see some Fate/Zero stuff added, but that's just my thoughts on the matter. I can only pray that the cash shop outfits do some justice to Casts, they need some options bad.

-Edit- Yep, male newmans were the least played by 8%, at 4.5%, poor guys.

Wayu
Apr 10, 2012, 07:34 AM
Lack of full control of the fleshie armor color irks me. Also, the fact that there's only 6 variants at the moment.

Oh, and the hairstyles, while nice, could be more diverse. The same goes for accessories. I want a hairband. T_T

-Wayu

Aumi
Apr 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
- The lack of non-one piece clothing and the limited colouring options of clothing.
- Too few hairstyles (will probably be fixed in the final game)
- Too few accessories and inability to change their colour
- Lack of heterochromia

BWS-1
Apr 10, 2012, 08:13 AM
Male CASTs definitely need to have a body option close to their original models, but ''re-mastered'', ya know, like all the other classes/genders.

Merumeru
Apr 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
They may be neglecting to give us a color pallette for clothing simply to charge us Arks cash for more variety of colors later. Still would rather choose my own colors obviously. Doubting it now.Yeah XD I imagine that too, but its fine, I probably won't stick with my starting outfit anyway, because I'm not too fond of ANY of the 6 choices actually, but the body customization was more important to me, and I think they got it right, except:

the character creator really needs an ass slider

asses are so flat :(
XD I wanted this real bad

BWS-1
Apr 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hmm, just thought of this. Might not be Character Creator related, but something of the settings for it... there should be a way to keep the ''bouncing physics'' On without having to have shaders on. Hell, I don't even know why physics are tied in with a graphic setting in the first place.

Ioriya
Apr 10, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hmm, just thought of this. Might not be Character Creator related, but something of the settings for it... there should be a way to keep the ''bouncing physics'' On without having to have shaders on. Hell, I don't even know why physics are tied in with a graphic setting in the first place.

Maybe if the graphics are down too low the boobs would start bouncing all over the place.

Touka
Apr 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
An arse slider for sure,japanese LOVE huge big breasts that's no secret but while those are nice I can equally appreciate a well shaped backside as well.It's possible with the way the creator is now but it also adjust some other proportions and make it look off.

On a less creepy note i'd like more hairstyles as well.

yoshiblue
Apr 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
There is nothing wrong with wanting more arse.

moorebounce
Apr 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
1. The Casts needed more customization.
2. When choosing a color you should get a hex code and you should be able to enter in a hex code.
3. A few more hair styles and accessories.

Vanzazikon
Apr 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, here's your head model, lolololol nop you can't customize anything on it because only human faces have differencia- NO FUCK YOU SEGA.

I also really hate how Male Casts in general can't have humanoid bodies. Less gundam mobile suits, more cyber ninjas please. I also would like the original HUcast design from PSO.

As for the arse slider, I know what you guys are looking for but, looks like you're just going to have to accept being called Thunder Thighs.

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
I also really hate how Male Casts in general can't have humanoid bodies. Less gundam mobile suits, more cyber ninjas please. I also would like the original HUcast design from PSO.

I remember being that one guy saying he wanted more humanoid like CAST parts, like half a year ago. A bunch of people replied: "HOW'S IT LOOK LIKE A GUNDAMN, YOU DUMB! IT LOOKS FINE! I LIKE DA GIANT ROBOT LOOK!"

But now everyone seems to agree...

WHERE WERE ALL OF YOU THEN TO BACK ME UP, HUH??

yoshiblue
Apr 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hypocrisy is in human nature.

pso2love
Apr 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Wanted to make sure I read all the post before posting.

I didn't see anyone else mention this before, however, I noticed that like long pieces of hair, and certain hats are STILL clipping into the model.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
I know it's a bit unreasonable for the required coding and testing and trying to blend an entirely different engine into the rest of the game, but I had always hoped for some sort of cast modeling system like in armored core. You could pick from a list of absolutely mechanical parts and humanoid parts to construct your cast, including a wide array of helmet heads. Then you color them by a general set of colors, or color the arms and legs individually from the torso and head or something like that.

Well, it is a creator demo. Hopefully there will be a wider array of free choices for all come release date.

Vanzazikon
Apr 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
I remember being that one guy saying he wanted more humanoid like CAST parts, like half a year ago. A bunch of people replied: "HOW'S IT LOOK LIKE A GUNDAMN, YOU DUMB! IT LOOKS FINE! I LIKE DA GIANT ROBOT LOOK!"

But now everyone seems to agree...

WHERE WERE ALL OF YOU THEN TO BACK ME UP, HUH??Oh, I tend to avoid this section completely. Didn't want to drown in tears. Also, are you sure the ones agreeing with you now were the same people who thought your claims were dumb?

Ark22
Apr 10, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, here's your head model, lolololol nop you can't customize anything on it because only human faces have differencia- NO FUCK YOU SEGA.

As for the arse slider, I know what you guys are looking for but, looks like you're just going to have to accept being called Thunder Thighs.

Play PSU if you want that, nah jk they will have better looking suits later on as DLC or when the game releases.

Vanzazikon
Apr 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
they will have better looking suits later on as DLC or when the game releases.Not sure why I'm the one being quoted for this. Yes, I'm sure there will be "better looking suits" in the actual game's future. I don't know why you're assuming I think this is as far as it gets.

Ark22
Apr 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure why I'm the one being quoted for this. Yes, I'm sure there will be "better looking suits" in the actual game's future. I don't know why you're assuming I think this is as far as it gets.

This is Sega we are talking about. Do you know how much stuff they put out in PSP2I.....Well me neither but I will assume because people will ask for it.

Griffin
Apr 10, 2012, 07:18 PM
I want to wear this in white.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/pso2_chara_Art_thumb.jpg

moorebounce
Apr 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
All I know is due to the lack of any kind of customization for the Casts nobody is bothering to create them and post them as much as the humans and newmans. I wanna see if anybody win the cc contest with a Casts. Theres a punchline with a rimshot in there somewhere.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
Same thing happened with fashions shows in PSU. CASTs hardly ever won due to a severe, almost crippling lack of clothing/customization options. So far, it looks like PSO2 CASTs will suffer a similar fate.

Griffin
Apr 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
PSU had fashion shows? Didn't think the game had much aesthetic variety online either.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
People came up with some good outfits. I won quite a few in my time, as well. Also hosted a couple, one of them having (I think) the biggest 1st place prize to this day.

Griffin
Apr 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
What kinds of prizes?

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
In-game meseta, usually. Maybe a weapon for runner-ups.

The one I hosted had a 200mil first prize.

Griffin
Apr 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cool. I'd like to host my own. I'm pretty crazy about events and giving.

Vanzazikon
Apr 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
This is Sega we are talking about. Do you know how much stuff they put out in PSP2I.....Well me neither ...What?

but I will assume because people will ask for it.Then save it for when they do ask.

I'm pretty sure this thread is about the PSO2 Character Creation program, therefore, we are complaining about what is currently available for us. I think we all know there will be more to offer in the upcoming beta and of course, the official release itself.

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
Oh, I tend to avoid this section completely. Didn't want to drown in tears. Also, are you sure the ones agreeing with you now were the same people who thought your claims were dumb?

No no

That's why I said "WHERE WERE YOU GUYS WHEN I NEEDED YOU??"

Ark22
Apr 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Well it is a demo, and sense you can reload your character in the beta (I heard open and full as well) then I can wait. I mean we could have gotten much less and they could of locked characters like the good ol' demo days.

Only complaint I got is hat accessories, which is still, not a big thing for me.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
CASTs should have underwear. I can't do sexy lingerie shots for Andy, like I could with the other two, when they don't have any underoos. GET IT TOGETHER, SEGA.

Sparzyle
Apr 11, 2012, 01:52 AM
Over all I love it, been mostly making my HUcaseal. A few things that would have been cool for her...

-option for one solid color for the eyes
-option for square pupils
-more cast-like hair options

Might be more stuff, but these were the first to come to mind.
Yep I was recreating my caseal and there was just 3 robotic hairstyles. Also needs more robotic heads like male-casts for females.

On the other hand, the lack of outfits colors on humans/newmans.
And some badass techno-helmets for humans like RAmar ones on PSO and headbands like the FOmar ones

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 02:30 AM
Not sure why I'm the one being quoted for this. Yes, I'm sure there will be "better looking suits" in the actual game's future. I don't know why you're assuming I think this is as far as it gets.

...What?

Don't mind him. Oftentimes he doesn't really read posts before replying to them. :)

Also, I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the lighting in the character creator..... I guess you'll all notice once you play the game and realize the lighting makes your character look like they have a skin disease. D:

BWS-1
Apr 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
Same thing happened with fashions shows in PSU. CASTs hardly ever won due to a severe, almost crippling lack of clothing/customization options. So far, it looks like PSO2 CASTs will suffer a similar fate.

Perhaps it'll have to wait for the ''first expansion'' (Illuminus) or 4th/5th one (PSP2, PSP2i) to end up with a decent amount of parts.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Perhaps it'll have to wait for the ''first expansion'' (Illuminus) or 4th/5th one (PSP2, PSP2i) to end up with a decent amount of parts.

Well this time around, ST does not have the "everything is on the disk" excuse, since this game is download only, there should be no reason they can not add new outfits, monsters, and weapons.

BWS-1
Apr 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
Well this time around, ST does not have the "everything is on the disk" excuse, since this game is download only, there should be no reason they can not add new outfits, monsters, and weapons.

... and races. Beasts, anyone?

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
One of the FIRST things they promised was... "Infinite content"

*Points @ the stickied info thread*

And it's been confirmed that they can add new races... seeing as how they have data on one un-announced race.

BWS-1
Apr 11, 2012, 10:29 AM
Yeeeaaaaah, I gueesssss.

To sorta get back on topic/rant, I'm still quite puzzled at how the hair physic are just fine in low settings and that stuff is clearly more demanding/complex than boobs physic yet the latter is non-existent at low settings :c

Angelo
Apr 11, 2012, 10:46 AM
The problem I have with Beasts is I have no idea where they'd fall into stat wise.

In PSU their 'gimmick' was that they had the highest attack and defense at the expense of poor accuracy. This made them work concept wise as 'hardy' workers that could withstand harsh environments.

In PSPortable they re-balanced the races because Human was so lackluster, so they have Humans the highest defense in the game and as a result Beasts excelled in evasion to give them a more 'feral' and animal like feel with quick reflexes at the expense of poor accuracy.

However there is no evasion or accuracy in PSO2. They could have highest attack, but they would eventually be overshadowed in that area by Dewmans. They would basically be lackluster in all areas with no real role.

That being said, Beast was still my favorite race in the Universe games because of the NAnoblasts, but now that MAGs are back there is no room for 'limit breaks' in this game. Sucks.

Krank32oz
Apr 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Was it just me or did casts have really no customization what so ever? That was pretty disheartening to find out.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
For female characters, Better lipstick colors and finger nail colors.
Small details yes, but I would assume something like this would be there where you can adjust the bust of a female down to the sag.

Faiyez
Apr 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
Was it just me or did casts have really no customization what so ever? That was pretty disheartening to find out.

At least with caseals that's not really the case.

Fleshy females do have more customization options overall, but there are things that you can only do with a caseal. You have full control over the color of your outfit and skin, and you have a few more accessories to choose from (what humans can wear plus some android-only parts). It is known that you can morph your face, but caseals also have interesting eyelash options, their choices for eyelashes are more "anime-like" and I like those better.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
At least with caseals that's not really the case.

Fleshy females do have more customization options overall, but there are things that you can only do with a caseal. You have full control over the color of your outfit and skin, and you have a few more accessories to choose from (what humans can wear plus some android-only parts). It is known that you can morph your face, but caseals have interesting eyelash options, their choices for eyelashes are more "anime-like" and I like those better.

AN THEY ACTUALLY HAVE MORE HUMANOID PARTS. D<

Oh sure lets make all the girl bots shaped like humans so they can be MOE~~!!

BUT THE MALE BOTS HAVE TO BE GUNDAMS!

BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS TO LOOK LIKE A STEREOTYPICAL JAPANESE OTAKU'S BEDROOM-*HEADSPLODES*

BWS-1
Apr 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
BUT THE MALE BOTS HAVE TO BE GUNDAMS OR EVAS!

BECAUSE THIS WAIFU-MAKER HAS TO LOOK LIKE A STEREOTYPICAL JAPANESE OTAKU'S BEDROOM-*HEADSPLODES*

*pat pat*

I know, I know... I feel the same way.

All we really have left is to ''pray'' we'll be able to buy all those missing options off the Cash Shops.

Krank32oz
Apr 11, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yea i was referring to the male casts. I feel like 3 body types just doesn't do it for me. Yea that's cool the females have very nice customization but why cant the males? Hope they add some more non Gundam pieces to the mix!!!

Jinto117
Apr 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
I'm dissapointed by the options for hair on the male side. I don't want to have to choose the A typical shounen hair style most commonly used for the HuMar in the trailer. I wanted to go with the slick back hair but something about it makes my character look awkward.

Zekester
Apr 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'm dissapointed by the options for hair on the male side. I don't want to have to choose the A typical shounen hair style most commonly used for the HuMar in the trailer. I wanted to go with the slick back hair but something about it makes my character look awkward.

Agreed. The lack of hair for males saddens me, and also the lack of color for outfits. Literally just 1 color option, no secondary or third like female casts.

astronautcowboy
Apr 17, 2012, 01:48 AM
Why is it so easy to make a female Newman Hunter that looks a lot like a HUnewearl, but impossible to make a HUcast? I predict that vintage PSO looks are going to go up in the cash shop on the first day.

A few more costume coloration items would be appreciated as well.

RocSage
Apr 17, 2012, 01:50 AM
The biggest problem with the character creation is that it is in general a step back from PSU, not in style, but rather in diversity due to them making it so it is all one piece rather than torso and legs.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 02:53 AM
The biggest problem with the character creation is that it is in general a step back from PSU, not in style, but rather in diversity due to them making it so it is all one piece rather than torso and legs.
One-piece outfits are fine as long as they have a good number to choose from in the final game, I think. It also allows them to build more intricate outfits that fit together cohesively than is possible when you have separate pieces to choose from.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2012, 02:58 AM
Don't know how I forgot to mention a lack of finger/toenail polish. May not seem like much, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves in character creation options in games.

Konflyk
Apr 17, 2012, 03:21 AM
Thread tl;dr(not sure if said)
Needs "Undo" function for those accidental Randoms ;)

Edit:I need to look more carefully for things.
Edit:2 it is nearly perfect.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
Thread tl;dr(not sure if said)
Needs "Undo" function for those accidental Randoms ;)

It has an 'undo' button.

or you can hit CTRL+Z.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Don't know how I forgot to mention a lack of finger/toenail polish. May not seem like much, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves in character creation options in games.

At the risk of sounding like one of those creepy foot-fetish people, note that they didn't even really put much effort into the character's feet. People with individual fingers should probably have individual toes instead of paddle feet. Strangest thing about that in PSU is that they had some open-toe shoes back then.

I'd have to agree with this. PSU had a wide variety of crappy clothing, but if you actually liked most of their styles you had at multiple colors of each to choose from and tons of possible combinations to keep yourself busy when not on a mission. If you wanted the convenience of one-piece costumes there were a few there too.

On the other hand, PSU didn't have this level of SLIDER CONTROL to adjust your character's height, weight, body type, facial structure, and shape.

I also must confess I miss RGB Hex counters. Gone are the days when I could just write down a few numbers and be able to come back with the exact same color every single time.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
At the risk of sounding like one of those creepy foot-fetish people, note that they didn't even really put much effort into the character's feet. People with individual fingers should probably have individual toes instead of paddle feet. Strangest thing about that in PSU is that they had some open-toe shoes back then.

Doesn't make you sound creepy, since it is true. In fact, a lot of game developers don't put that much effort into feet. I mean, I guess I understand, since the hands are usually more prominently seen in-game, but still. It makes the character models seem unpolished when you look at how the toes are, like, fused together like some kind of human/seal hybrid.

Rhypht
Apr 17, 2012, 08:53 PM
There was no masculine long hair ponytail hair option, so I was unable to recreate Zero from MMX. D:

Also, the current selection of costumes for FONewms specifically is really lacking, there's only a few that are reminiscent of Newmans, and one of them is just a bit more feminine looking.
I don't necessarily dislike it, but I wish we had more flexibility with costume colors than a swatch of 16 preset color schemes. It would be cool of Newman and Human costumes were mapped out and 100% color customizable, as the Casts' entire bodies are.

Rovelius
Apr 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
short hair = masculine

[spoiler-box]http://images.wikia.com/soulcalibur/images/2/2e/Siegfried_SCV.jpg[/spoiler-box]

:-)

LoveRappy
Apr 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
I am disappointed in much of it, actually. especially CASTs.

why do CASTs have only 3 different heads (oh, 4 if you count the ridiculous ken-doll head. but who'd use THAT?) and 3 different bodies? yes, you can mix and match, but there isn't much customization there. the only thing that "redeems" it (if only a little bit) is that you can use the RGB bar to change the colours. the other thing, is that CASTs looks atrocious. they look too much like gundams/mega-man characters and other garbage japanese robot/mechas. the CASTs in PSO where the BEST and I am disappointed they did not keep that look for other PS games.

I did try to see if I could re-create my FOmar (somewhat) and was disappointed with that too. horrible hair choices and the RGB bar seems to not work (I tried to get RED hair, but it only would turn out brown).

(also, the benchmark was blah. it just shows your character running/walking. how does that tax your system? why not show some fighting? so boring.)

At this point, I really think I might skip out on PSO2. it just seems too MEH and PSU-like.

Neith
Apr 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not disappointed in the creation as such but I am disappointed in how much of the beauty shop needs Arks Cash! Almost everything there has a red 'A' next to it :disapprove:

jmanx
Apr 19, 2012, 09:45 PM

yuuupp

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not disappointed in the creation as such but I am disappointed in how much of the beauty shop needs Arks Cash! Almost everything there has a red 'A' next to it :disapprove:

Welcome to "FREE" online gaming ;p