PDA

View Full Version : Huceasel Question

CXF2689
Mar 21, 2003, 11:40 AM
What is , the best weapon she can use?

Buuyon
Mar 21, 2003, 11:41 AM
Double saber type weappojns...shes really fast every one will ask you if you have a god battle on...lol...

EvilNixon666
Mar 21, 2003, 11:47 AM
Double sabers can also leave you open to enemy attacks. Any weapon with good hit % should remedy this, however.

I use a varista with 15% hit, a regular double saber with %, and a berdysh. For traps, close one on one battles, and groups, respectivly.

gallaugher
Mar 21, 2003, 12:41 PM
I still don't have a double saber my caseal can use (Stag Cutlery just rotting in the bank). I lean towards Sword & Partisan types for crowd control. Of course, I'd do that no matter which HU I was using.

IceBlink
Mar 21, 2003, 01:46 PM
For a area attack, the sword seems to work better with her than the male hunters, due to her combo's third step (which uh... has none).

So, probably better to go with sword over partisan. As for rare type, I have no idea, but try to find something with high area and hit. o_O

Handgun is always useful, because you can use it to set off your own traps...

Ghaleon
Mar 21, 2003, 03:26 PM
(Stag Cutlery just rotting in the bank).

she cant even use a stag. they are only for male hunters and rangers (well thats what the description says anyways). mine uses a demolition comet. very effective

RuneLateralus
Mar 21, 2003, 03:47 PM
I have to say that my MAYA works well with a Red Handgun, a Demolition Comet (double saber), and a Dragon Slayer (sword).

And she has the best chance of surviving with those in Ultimate. Sabers work ok as well, but in bigger groups it can be troublesome.

Kupi
Mar 21, 2003, 07:26 PM
I'd have to theorize (can't speak from experience) that a HUcaseal would be more effective with Swords than most other Hunters, because she has higher base ATA and lower base ATP than the HUcast. She has the ATA to make up for the Sword's weakness, and the ATP value of most Swords is a nice addition to the ATP she's already got. That's more mass-damage, though. For single combat, you probably want a Dagger or Twin.

IceBlink
Mar 21, 2003, 07:53 PM
It's not just the stats.

From v2 to v3, the male sword combo got nerfed. The small jump was removed, and a 'step forwards' was added at the end. This makes it quite dangerous when using the third strike.

As for the female sword combo, any movement in the third strike was removed, so she just rotates her hips when using it. This makes her third strike more safe to use.

o_O Plus, partisan damage got nerfed a little too from v2 to v3. o_O

Yoda86
Mar 21, 2003, 08:12 PM
Is it just me or does the HUcaseal swing that sword around faster than most character classes?

Brundidge
Mar 21, 2003, 08:14 PM
Naw she swings it exactly like a HUnewearl unless you had a */Battle equip though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SubstanceD
Mar 22, 2003, 04:22 AM
On 2003-03-21 16:53, IceBlink wrote:
It's not just the stats.

From v2 to v3, the male sword combo got nerfed. The small jump was removed, and a 'step forwards' was added at the end. This makes it quite dangerous when using the third strike.

As for the female sword combo, any movement in the third strike was removed, so she just rotates her hips when using it. This makes her third strike more safe to use.

And here I thought my HUcaseal was special because of how she atacked with her sword. I have not used a Hunewearl yet in Episodes 1 & 2 but I do remember using one once in the first PSO on the Dreamcast and I definetly remember her Sword animation, I figured that she was still the same in this version and that only the Hucaseal had different attack animations for her sword. With the exception of the dagger type weapons does she have any other unique character animations?

IceBlink
Mar 22, 2003, 05:31 AM
I hear there's something about the double saber and double sword animations, but I can't confirm anything. o_O

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 22, 2003, 05:38 AM
l&k14 combats with 100 a.beast, 100 dark, 100 hit.

BrokenHope
Mar 22, 2003, 10:10 AM
On 2003-03-22 01:22, SubstanceD wrote:

On 2003-03-21 16:53, IceBlink wrote:
It's not just the stats.

And here I thought my HUcaseal was special because of how she atacked with her sword. I have not used a Hunewearl yet in Episodes 1 & 2 but I do remember using one once in the first PSO on the Dreamcast and I definetly remember her Sword animation, I figured that she was still the same in this version and that only the Hucaseal had different attack animations for her sword. With the exception of the dagger type weapons does she have any other unique character animations?

She has a unique dagger, double saber and barehanded animation and she er runs funny O_o

IceBlink
Mar 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-03-22 07:10, Broken Hope wrote:
She has a unique dagger, double saber and barehanded animation and she er runs funny O_o

I've noticed that. She... walks funny. o_O It's like she slides or something...