PDA

View Full Version : Arks Cash ticketed missions / boost rates?

adam-james
Apr 11, 2012, 07:02 AM
I believe this is the work-around that SEGA will use to ensure they are not seen to be 'selling' super rares.

For example, having meseta for sale is wrong, having a Spread Needle trade in for Arks Cash is wrong... but buying something like 3* gold luck that gives better drops would be seen to be fine.

So, those with the money/time, could spam these missions over and over with a better chance of getting the drop they want, plus better meseta drops etc...

IF they choose to go with this model - would you be happy?

I personally can't see them not taking this route.

Dinosaur
Apr 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
I would be happy. That just means people are giving money to SEGA without it DIRECTLY being pay-to-win. And when SEGA gets money, the servers stay up that much longer.

PS: I just want to play the fucking game.

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
They will have them.

Effeciency Items
Grind chance boosters
Drop rate boosters
EXP boosters
All of these items are time based and only apply to monsters. EXP, meseta, and items are obtainable through "Client Orders" but these items won't affect them.

Spellbinder
Apr 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
I honestly don't care. I just want to play PSO2 and enjoy myself. If there's a rare I really want and have some spare yen in my pocket, maybe I'll get a drop rate booster so it's a 1/1000 drop instead if 1/1500 drop.

adam-james
Apr 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
...when SEGA gets money, the servers stay up that much longer.

1000x this.

Kudwafter
Apr 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'd Happily pay for more character slots (If they're a reasonable price) and a range of cosmetic goods and items for my room, not fussed about boosters since there's still a chance for me to get the item. So i'm really looking foward to PSO2 so far.

Krank32oz
Apr 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Eh i dunno I would rather pay a monthly fee then have to pay for EXP boosters and such. Still cant wait to play the game but when they introduce exp boosters and drop rate boosters,ect I feel like the game is taking the same route all the shitty free mmo games have and that gets me a little worried.

Lance813
Apr 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
I think EXP boosters are kind of a waste if there is a level cap anyways... I mean, it could be useful if you have a bunch of characters you want leveled, but other than that its pretty useless and takes the fun out of it. I can't see this game being very hard either.

I for one could potentially use an EXP booster on my 4th+ character if the price is right, but for my first few characters I want to level those babies myself.

If grinding is anything like PSU, I'll have cash stashed aside for grind boosters. Now, the item drop increase doesn't really bother me. If the rates are uber high, which I hope they are, I'd potentially use a few of them to get things I want. I'm one of the guys that ran Seabed over 500 times for a Zanba with over 30 hit%...

I'd be fine with that stuff, as long as permanent inventory slots stay that way and are relatively inexpensive... because you know they're coming. :wacko:

Also, no gacha pl0x. I wonder if they would implement a cosmetics gacha? Might be interesting to see how things turn out... So until then, I wont be worrying about it too much.

Shadownami92
Apr 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
I honestly don't mind exp and drop boosters to be honest. I plan to play this game for a very looooooong time, so while I won't buy those things I figure there should always be enough people my level to party with, and it will make finding rares that much more rewarding. :D

Jinketsu
Apr 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
I absolutely support this idea of a "pay to win but only by a percentage of luck on drops" model. I've always found it to be somewhat silly to boost "Treasure Hunter" parameters (yes, I play FFXI. Haha) when a drop rate is so low that even a 100% boost wouldn't bring it to a 1% drop rate, so having people pay all that money to spam missions with an extra fraction of a percent of chance would not only make me laugh, but would also get Sega a lot of revenue! And like Dinosaur said, the more money Sega makes, the more likely the servers are to stay up! :D

Xenobia
Apr 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
@Very Hard: Still remember PSO V2.? It took about 5000 hours to get a char to LV. 200. But i think at PSO2 it will be much faster....

Polantaris
Apr 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
I believe this is the work-around that SEGA will use to ensure they are not seen to be 'selling' super rares.

For example, having meseta for sale is wrong, having a Spread Needle trade in for Arks Cash is wrong... but buying something like 3* gold luck that gives better drops would be seen to be fine.

So, those with the money/time, could spam these missions over and over with a better chance of getting the drop they want, plus better meseta drops etc...

IF they choose to go with this model - would you be happy?

I personally can't see them not taking this route.

How is it any different than any other F2P MMO with 2x Drop, 2x Money, 2x EXP?

It's not. It's a traditional F2P model, and I would have been surprised if it wasn't included in the game.

I don't understand how so many people are complaining when...you're playing the game for free, with no required payment...a game that has clearly been well thoughtout and built well (From a gameplay perspective). The quality of product I saw in Alpha2...a game like that is normally $60 with a P2P monthly fee.

Seriously...people are never happy.

P2P? Complaints about why can't it be free to play?
F2P, but buy the game? Complaints that they should just make the whole game free.
Completely F2P? Complaints that the game has benefits for paying.

Really people?

kyuuketsuki
Apr 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'd be fine with that stuff, as long as permanent inventory slots stay that way and are relatively inexpensive... because you know they're coming. :wacko:

Also, no gacha pl0x. I wonder if they would implement a cosmetics gacha? Might be interesting to see how things turn out... So until then, I wont be worrying about it too much.
You must not be keeping up with the news. Additional storage space will indeed be an Arks Cash item. And the only way to obtain additional outfits currently known is through an Arks Cash gacha.