Apr 11, 2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/04/120412c.html

hooray. myroom for 30 days.

まずシステム部分については、
30日単位で利用できるマイルームの使用や
倉庫の拡張、トレード機能などです。

specifically this part is important.

30日単位で利用できるマイルーム

honestly not sure if it says anything about a permanent myroom payment process but after skimming the article it doesn't look like it does.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
UGGGHHHH

I JYNXED IT

WHY-NO AUGGHH

I JUST HAD TO MAKE THAT VIRTUAL RENT JOKE!

Freshellent
Apr 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure if I should be laughing or sort of nodding to myself. Should have known. I'm not upset eitherway, but it's more like... "Interesting."

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
UGGGHHHH

I JYNXED IT

WHY-NO AUGGHH

I JUST HAD TO MAKE THAT VIRTUAL RENT JOKE!

everybody blame him its all his fault

全部てえめえのせいなんだ!!!!!!
お前が悪いんだ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ahhhh, there's where the monthly subscription got to.

Well played, SEGA.

BWS-1
Apr 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
Can I at least pay my Virtual Rent with Virtual Money (read: meseta NOT cash-shop-currency-which-is-also-virtual-but-since-it-is-acquired-with-real-money-we-might-as-well-call-it-real-money)?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
it seems like that same excerpt i posted states that trading and storage will work like that as well (30 day vouchers etc.)

i always liked receiving common to veterans but super cool to me (since i was a noob) "rare" weapons in pso. oh well haha

@bws it doesn't seem like it. that'd be a nice option but i think it's just talking about IRL cash.

Ryoten
Apr 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Hmmm....I might still get it if its popular around the time it comes out. Then again...I'll still get it just to chill & such. House party anyone?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hmmm....I might still get it if its popular around the time it comes out. Then again...I'll still get it just to chill & such. House party anyone?

i usually just play games to play games ha. if there's anywhere i'll be chilling it'll be in some corner of the lobby being afk. the myroom balcony did look pretty cool though.

Xenobia
Apr 11, 2012, 05:01 PM
I wonder what will happen to our stuff when rent goes out... probably locked in a safe until we pay our rent.

Krank32oz
Apr 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
I cant read that txt. So if i put two and two together correctly did it say something along the lines of a monthly fee in the form of the room and trading?

Golto
Apr 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
You can blame me because I asked if they would charge rent for rooms when room info was first announced.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 05:07 PM
guys guys i have the solution

just become quasi Buddhist whenever playing pso2. activate buddhist mode when you log on.

desire is the core of all suffering haha

if you don't want rares/trading/myroom/extra storage/cool clothes you wont be -negative emotion here-

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 05:08 PM
So, only one free character slot, having to renew your room fee every month...

Starting to look kind of...what's the word? 'Questionable?'

I have no doubt in my mind that PSO2 will be amazing and fun, but SEGA seems to be going a little crazy with the cash shop stuff already.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
See, this kind of stuff worries me.

I have no problem paying a one time fee for stuff.... But paying a monthly fee for essentially "imaginary" things just doesn't feel right to me... Is the ability to trade going to be a monthly thing too then? :/ Because I'm getting the feeling that it is.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
See, this kind of stuff worries me.

I have no problem paying a one time fee for stuff.... But paying a monthly fee for essentially "imaginary" things just doesn't feel right to me... Is the ability to trade going to be a monthly thing too then? :/ Because I'm getting the feeling that it is.

yeah i think that excerpt says trading/storage expansion will be the same as my room, 30 day vouchers.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
yeah i think that excerpt says trading/storage expansion will be the same as my room, 30 day vouchers.

AWW HELL. Pretty sure you're right...

Crappy Google Translate excerpt:

Extension of the warehouse, trade and the ability.

Sounds like the subscription is for accessing your room, your player shop, and the ability to trade with others. T_T

Ryoten
Apr 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
I still say if you want to have a room for good, just pay more AC then a monthly fee. Hopefully the fee will be cheap for everyone can get a room or so.

Neith
If this is true, I can easily see you paying more than a standard monthly fee after everything is taken into consideration.

May as well have been announced that it's a monthly fee with a free option, not the other way round. It does seem like Arkz Cash is the answer to everything. Shame because the game itself is brilliant; hopefully this won't ruin it. It really depends how exactly how much each purchase is, and how often you have to renew them.

This is why I would have preferred a straight-up monthly fee, saw this coming a mile off.

Randomness
AWW HELL. Pretty sure you're right...

Crappy Google Translate excerpt:

Sounds like the subscription is for accessing your room, your player shop, and the ability to trade with others. T_T

Trading needs to be available on a permanent basis, imo. Just make it where anyone who has subscribed once has permanent trade access, that's enough to impair RMT (since the subscription-to-trade system only costs them more if they can keep the account undetected for more than a month), but doesn't hurt regular players so much.

If this is true, I can easily see you paying more than a standard monthly fee after everything is taken into consideration.

May as well have been announced that it's a monthly fee with a free option, not the other way round. It does seem like Arkz Cash is the answer to everything. Shame because the game itself is brilliant. hopefully this won't ruin it. It really depends how exactly how much each purchase is, and how often you have to renew them.

This is why I would have preferred a straight-up monthly fee, saw this coming a mile off.

Price hasn't been revealed yet though. If it's something like $5/month, that wouldn't be so bad. Much more, and I'd rather pay $60 once off and be good forever.

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 05:17 PM

I second this. Nothing is set in stone for the full release yet (meaning, some things could change), but for now...it's looking kind of...I don't know.

"Not as expected."

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
Trading needs to be available on a permanent basis, imo. Just make it where anyone who has subscribed once has permanent trade access, that's enough to impair RMT (since the subscription-to-trade system only costs them more if they can keep the account undetected for more than a month), but doesn't hurt regular players so much.

That's exactly what I wanted too. I was really hoping it was going to happen that way.

We're definitely not getting it that way, though.

Getting worried all these fees are going to add up to be more than you would have had to pay with purchase of the game + subscription fee. D:

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

This is seriously going to have to be one of those things SEGA reconsiders...

I'd rather level 5 noobs be able to buy agito repcas, than have to pay rent for only 10% of a game... but if I don't have that 10% of the game I'm a homeless loser that can't do business. D8

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hmmm so from this (unless they say more later)
It's f2p to an "extent"

Kind of like you can play WoW for free......up to level 20 lol

This kind of saddens me a little bit.
Compared to ffxi iirc the only thing you had to pay actual money for (not including the monthly fee) was the Mog Satchel (pretty much extra storage space). And that was a one time fee....

Even for that was good since you didn't even NEED one nor did it affect your game play in anyway.

Not to mention they also had something called a Mog Locker (another extra storage space) it was rent based...but here's the thing....no real life money required... you just had to trade a certain currency in-game.

Only thing you really paid for in ffxi was subscriptions,expansions and add-ons but they was all a one time thing -.-

I don't mind paying a subscrtion but in this case it seems like you're paying....for functions that may or may not be required of use in game at some point anyway :/ (like the trading if that true)

but if I don't have that 10% of the game I'm a homeless loser that can't do business. D8
If you're an adventurer...everywhere is your home :o

Razelis
Apr 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
Whoever expected permenent My Room was just being too positive.

SEGA is going to take your money any way they can, just like any other buisness.

If I ever going to pay monthly to something it will be to P2P a game for all its content and not just to rent a virtual space. I have rent in real life to pay ( > . >

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
Whoever expected permenent My Room was just being too positive.

I never played a f2p game but I figured they be some catch to it...but from I've been told...some f2p stuff that you DO pay for doesn't normally hinder game play in anyway.

I think LOL is like that but I'm not 100% sure only going by what I recall my friend telling me

Zyrusticae
Apr 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
I don't like this.

It's just silly. Just announce that you're doing a monthly fee instead of disguising it as a "rent" fee. So much simpler.

I guess it's a positive that you never actually lose access to your character, but inventory management is a bitch without storage, and, well, without the ability to trade...

And then there's the monetization of, well, basically everything in the game. Especially the clothing...

Funny, this is basically the same thing as "freemium" models over in the west. That is not at all the same thing as F2P...

batfax
Apr 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
My Room, shop, extra clothes, hair, that stuff all seems pretty acceptable as far as making it paid. I may even be fine with storage if the regular inventory was large enough. Trading though... that just seems like way too basic a function. =\

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
The 1 character slot mess does not bother me one bit, this doesn't either. I would rather pay to have fun sorta like to P2P. It may add up way less then it would monthly, plus Sega could make a crap ton of money off this so the game can stay up. But if you don't want a room and like to main one person (like myself) then it isn't a big deal. PSO didn't have rooms GET USE TO IT.

Learn to manage well until you start getting good rares then buy a room plus you are basically paying for storage not a big deal.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
The 1 character slot mess does not bother me one bit, this doesn't either. I would rather pay to have fun sorta like to P2P. It may add up way less then it would monthly, plus Sega could make a crap ton of money off this so the game can stay up. But if you don't want a room and like to main one person (like myself) then it isn't a big deal. PSO didn't have rooms GET USE TO IT.

Learn to manage well until you start getting good rares then buy a room plus you are basically paying for storage not a big deal.
Not having room doesn't bother me that much since like you said... PSO didn't have them...
and even in PSU except for like seasonal stuff I didn't run out of space like that...

it's the trading part is what gets me...

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:38 PM

I envy your blissful ignorance sometimes.

And like Dark Emerald EXE mentioned, the monthly fee to be able to trade is what bothers me.

BIG OLAF
I'm fairly certain that the "trading" bit associated with the room just means the 'shop' aspect of it.

I feel you'll still be able to do private, player-to-player trading without a room/shop.

Ark22
Lol you can always do it the fun hard way and just play it till you get it then you can feel the adrenaline rush and cheery moment when you acquire it.

And thanks Col =) I love your mentioning of my blissful ignorance.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
I'm fairly certain that the "trading" bit associated with the room just means the 'shop' aspect of it.

I feel you'll still be able to do private, player-to-player trading without a room/shop.

I doubt it.

System-related Items
Storage expansion
Skill tree expansion (not buying new skills but being able to have a "new" skill tree. Maybe this means you'll be have multiple builds at once?)
Opening your room or shop
Accessing the item trader
Some of these items will be permanent and some will have a time limit. Packs of these options will also be for sale.

We know FOR SURE we have to pay for the ability to trade. I was hoping it was a one-time thing... But the way it was grouped in with the My Room and Player Shop functions in the OP's link.... Makes it sound like part of the monthly fee subscription package.

And thanks Col =) I love your mentioning of my blissful ignorance.

It wasn't really a compliment.

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
I doubt it.

I don't. Even though you couldn't trade on a "free" account on PSU, I don't think they would do that again. The shop and 'normal' trading were always separate.

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
All I need is the storage.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
I don't.

So you believe it'll be a one-time purchase then?

EDIT:
I don't. Even though you couldn't trade on a "free" account on PSU, I don't think they would do that again. The shop and 'normal' trading were always separate.

Oh sorry. They've already confirmed we have to pay for the ability to trade. We just didn't know if it was a subscription or one-time fee.

From the wording in the article... makes it sound like it's subscription based.

yoshiblue
Apr 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
Storage, that's a must.

Dinosaur
Apr 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
Pay-to-trade seems like a wonderful idea. Historically speaking, free trade has ruined the economy of these games and in-turn have significantly affected replay value. It's only right for SEGA to do so since: 1. the game is F2P; 2. they know for a fact that players cannot respectfully handle the free-trade privilege; 3. the market is going to get fucked over anyways. It also gives an incentive for players to actually play the game rather than play the market.

Might
I don't really mind paying "Rent," but have Trading cut off if you don't feel the need for a My Room sounds a bit too silly.

I sincerely hope when they say "Trading," they are more referring to player ran stores. Something like PSU. Face-to-face exchange should be something available for everyone without purchasing a My Room.

BIG OLAF
So you believe it'll be a one-time purchase then?

EDIT:

Oh sorry. They've already confirmed we have to pay for the ability to trade. We just didn't know if it was a subscription or one-time fee.

From the wording in the article... makes it sound like it's subscription based.

Then whatever. I'll obviously be buying a room, so I'm not worried about whether or not trading is involved with that, either way.

Not like I'll be trading anything with anyone outside my few friends, anyway.

Razelis
Apr 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
While I loved PSU (the version before the Guardian Cash)
And while I love PSO2 Alpha 2

PSO2 will not be my main game. (I was planning for it to be before the announcment of F2P)

The only way to keep me devoted to game was, and will always be, a P2P without any kind of cash shop.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 11, 2012, 05:46 PM

I second this. The phrase "item trader" could imply some sort of salesman in your room that sells the stuff you put on the marketplace rather than the ability to trade anything. "Trader" can indicate a salesman as well as a player exchanging items with another player.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
I don't really mind paying "Rent," but have Trading cut off if you don't feel the need for a My Room sounds a bit too silly.

I sincerely hope when they say "Trading," they are more referring to player ran stores. Something like PSU. Face-to-face exchange should be something available for everyone without purchasing a My Room.

I'll just repost what I said a few mins ago...

System-related Items
Storage expansion
Skill tree expansion (not buying new skills but being able to have a "new" skill tree. Maybe this means you'll be have multiple builds at once?)
Opening your room or shop
Accessing the item trader

They specifically separate the two.

Also this, from the OP's link:

Extension of the warehouse, trade and the ability.

Warehouse = Player shop
Ability to trade = The trading function from previous games

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hold up!!!!!

So do you have a room and a storage for free but you have to pay for expansions in the storage also other stuff in the room?

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hold up!!!!!

So do you have a room and a storage for free but you have to pay for expansions in the storage also other stuff in the room?

You have to pay to access your room/shop. You also have to pay to get more storage(they probably give you a REALLY crappy storage space if you don't pay).

Raven5_1
Apr 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
about the opening your room is that opening it to visitors or just accessing it?

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks COL but next question.

So there is a place not in your room that holds your stuff like the flat chested girl in PSO? Sorry I haven't been checking up on that type of stuff. Plus if you have to pay for expansions I will just wait til it gets full and I NEED it rather than WANT it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
Can atleast have a box to put my stuff in for free?

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
about the opening your room is that opening it to visitors or just accessing it?

I don't think we know for sure...

If I had to guess, I'd think that it either:
A.) Let's you go to your room, but you can't place any furniture or anything in it. So it's just barren and empty. Essentially useless.
B.) Doesn't let you enter it at all.

Can atleast have a box to put my stuff in for free?

You can access it from menus/those little stations in the lobbies... Most likely won't give you too much space unless you buy the expansion for it, though.

So there is a place not in your room that holds your stuff like the flat chested girl in PSO?

Uh.... What? o.O

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 05:56 PM
That sounds rather horrible...I mean I know PSO didn't have rooms but if they adding some of PSUish stuff into the game...having a room made stuff easier...
Of course PSU had more jobs,weapons etc so if you that person who played everything yea storage might be scarce...

Of course if you think of it in futuristic sense...they'll eventually add more weapons types so depending on how you play (and if storage on character is lol) That could back fire....

Imma just work on one job and go from there...less hassle.

Now if you have the outside storage (like how they did in PSO at the bank) and it was free....I wouldn't be too concerned with room ATLEAST at the launch of the game...not like imma try and hustle some meseta on my first couple of weeks of playing and put EVERYTHING in shop...as game went on and I established a foundation in game then yea shop would have meaning...

Now if the outside storage doesn't exist in pso2 then that killed my entire thought on the idea.
Since you could get 30/30 rather quickly depending on what you're doing.... and if that my only source of storage space...kind of forces you to pay for the room...although I guess that's the point :/

Edit: Col kind of already answered my question but my mindset on the outside storage still stands :P

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 05:57 PM
THANK YOU! Don't even need a room. As for the SKILL TREE, are you paying money just to reset it?

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
THANK YOU! Don't even need a room. As for the SKILL TREE, are you paying money just to reset it?

We dunno.

Again, most likely is either:
A.) Let's you reset skill tree
B.) Let's you have multiple versions to choose from for one class (since you can't obtain all skills on a single skill tree even when max leveled)
C.) Let's you just buy new skills.

Razelis
Apr 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
I wouldnt really expect skill reset to be free or with in game money.

While not confirmed, I'm pretty sure it will be Arkz Cash, if not it will pretty much mean losing money for SEGA.

Just like making My Room permanent buy means losing money. (which is why its not)

Stuff like customes are most likely not timed though cause that's going too far compared to other game's cash shops. (customes used to be timed in old F2P games, F2P games these days have pemanent customes because that's the standard now)

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
The game was suppose to be like PSO, so PSO didn't have rooms, but they added it in PSO2 but you have to rent it? Big problem? No. Does Sega of Japan know what they're doing, eh 50/50. Will I still play it, fuck yeah.

Razelis
Apr 11, 2012, 06:06 PM
The game was suppose to be like PSO, so PSO didn't have rooms, but they added it in PSO2 but you have to rent it? Big problem? No. Does Sega of Japan know what they're doing, eh 50/50. Will I still play it, fuck yeah.

By that logic we should consider anything PSO2 does better than PSO - a bonus.

Let's pay per use of the jump ability because PSO didn't have that and PSO2 does... ( > . >

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
As long as their official outside storage like in PSO (the bank) then I won't need a room at first....

However for me that wasn't the problem...

If trading (all together) is included in that room and I have to pay for with money.... that's kind of sad.

Paying to trade in game stuff....I'm not gonna get upset about it yet until we officially know how that'll work.

Kind of reminds me of playing the free trial of WoW (before the free to play up to level 20 although could still be the same)

When I tried....when it came to interacting...you couldn't do ANYTHING. You couldn't talk/trade to people in main chat...only people you could actually talk to people are people who added you as a friend.

Xaton
Apr 11, 2012, 06:37 PM
hmms well your a hired merc and or civillian in training so if rooms are requireing rent as long as its in meseta and stuff and if lose room you dont lose all your things and stuff.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
Uh.... What? o.O

PSO had a bank counter on the ships. The clerk was a flat-chested girl.

•Col•
Apr 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
hmms well your a hired merc and or civillian in training so if rooms are requireing rent as long as its in meseta and stuff and if lose room you dont lose all your things and stuff.

It's actual money... Not a meseta payment... <.<

PSO had a bank counter on the ships. The clerk was a flat-chested girl.

Ah. I know about the bank... I just... Never noticed she was flat-chested. ._.

CelestialBlade
Apr 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
Damn, here I was hoping it wasn't going to turn into this. I was really excited about the cash shop idea as long as Sega didn't run it like most corrupt F2P MMO companies, but I was wrong.

Xaton
Apr 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
what needs to be done is let there be the basic free room but if want more space or upgrade to better room Like in everquest 2 you have your basic shack spots to place stuff and then can upgrade to everything and if dont pay rent your room switches back to basic free mode till you pay the rent. all decorations sent back to storage or so on.

SELENNA
Apr 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
This sucks.

PSO EP I & II BB
Level cap : 200
At least 8 zones
Four difficulty settings (normal, hard, very hard, ultimate)
Different monsters and zones in ULT
Hunter License (bad)

Now
Level cap : 40
Two difficulty settings (normal, hard)
Limited zones (I know we've not seen everything but it seems there's 4-5 zones)
Monthly fees for most features : character slot / costumes / boosts / items / my room / etc.
Will probably cap in a week then have nothing to do for weeks
F2P (kinda bad)

I dunno, I feel like they're launching an incomplete game they will patch later on. Fuck this trend, I thought Sakai was better than this.

Dinosaur
Apr 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
Now
Level cap : 40
Two difficulty settings (normal, hard)
Limited zones (I know we've not seen everything but it seems there's 4-5 zones)
Monthly fees for most features : character slot / costumes / boosts / items / my room / etc.

I dunno, I feel like they're launching an incomplete game they will patch later on. Fuck this trend, I thought Sakai was better than this.

Enjoy hitting 40 for all three classes in a week.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
@SELENA: Didn't PSO start off even SMALLER? (Only like 4 zones)

Blue burst is the END of PSO...

Apparently we're starting off with like 3 planets... I hope that's 3 planets AND The arkz ship missions...

Macman
Apr 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
PSU2? :wacko:

LK1721
Apr 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking that they'll have a regular storage system (I.E. PSO's bank) which can store a certain amount of items. Then if you have a room, you will ultimately have more storage than the "standard" box. Wishful thinking, anyway.

Spellbinder
Apr 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking that they'll have a regular storage system (I.E. PSO's bank) which can store a certain amount of items. Then if you have a room, you will ultimately have more storage than the "standard" box. Wishful thinking, anyway.

The Japanese snippet in the original post already mentions expansions to storage which implies a regular storage system and paying arks cash to make it bigger.

RebhtheDark
Apr 11, 2012, 07:54 PM
I can live with paying a monthly fee for Room, Trade, Shop. Also paying for certain clothes and beauty shop options. Heck I don't mind paying for the extra character slots. As long as all the prices are reasonable, for now Im just gonna wait till the prices for all of this stuff is announced then I'll see if PSO2 is worth it.

The only thing that will be crossing the line for me is if they make your extra character slots a monthly payment as well.

Xaton
Apr 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
I can live with paying a monthly fee for Room, Trade, Shop. Also paying for certain clothes and beauty shop options. Heck I don't mind paying for the extra character slots. As long as all the prices are reasonable, for now Im just gonna wait till the prices for all of this stuff is announced then I'll see if PSO2 is worth it.

The only thing that will be crossing the line for me is if they make your extra character slots a monthly payment as well.

hopes they go with the guildwars route on the charactor slots and room wise go with everquest 2 where you ahve a basic free room but if want to upgrade it costs you. like increase shop space decore space so on

FenixStryk
Apr 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
A little surprised how hard some of you are taking this. F2P doesn't automatically make the entire game free; they just sell Quality of Life upgrades and time-savers to break even. I have no problem with vanity items, My Room, extra storage, extra character slots, secondary Skill Trees and even minor experience boosts being sold for money. That's... kind of ideal, since that doesn't break the game.

F2P only becomes an issue when it starts to sell power; this... is not that. Hell, even if they sell Dewmen it won't break the game since their stats aren't that great.

The only thing I'm somewhat worried about is exactly how restricted trade is without having a My Room rental. If I can't trade at all, it'll be a shame... but even so, the switch to F2P was a smart business decision.

Simply put: I wouldn't be here if PSO2 wasn't free, because this game doesn't have the qualities to compete with thoroughbred P2Ps like Tera and WoW, or B2Ps like GW2 and Diablo III.

moorebounce
Apr 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
I see team leaders renting "my rooms" for their teams. I'll be a bad team leader because my team will be meeting in the free lobbies lol. Man that trading fee is harsh because they know everybody will be wanting to either trade items with strangers and/or want to give their teammates items and thats blocked off unless you pay for it. The good thing is if the fees are too high people won't spend their money on stuff and that may drive prices down and Sega needs people to spend money.

Angelo
Apr 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
Eh, I was perfectly fine with a cash shop until this news.

Not good.

But if it's a low fee like 500 AC or something I guess I'll be fine.

Strider_M
Apr 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
So there are people who was fine with PSU and previous Online Phantasy Star games being P2P and was fine with PSO2 being P2P when we all assumed it would be.

But now since it's F2P but pay for room and board (which hopefully will be the same price as previous Phantasy Star P2P models) those people are upset?

This... doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
So there are people who was fine with PSU and previous Online Phantasy Star games being P2P and was fine with PSO2 being P2P when we all assumed it would be.

But now since it's F2P but pay for room and board (which hopefully will be the same price as previous Phantasy Star P2P models) those people are upset?

It's complicated and awkward, and it depends on the price of the room!

I can't explain it!

I DON'T KNOW IT JUST SOUNDS STUPID! JUST MAKE ME PAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME!

In fact it's like there's a monthly fee AND a cash shop, but your monthly fee is going to something that's like a sidedish, but it's everyone's favorite side dish. asfgasfgasfgasfg

ClothoBuer
Apr 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
A little surprised how hard some of you are taking this. F2P doesn't automatically make the entire game free; they just sell Quality of Life upgrades and time-savers to break even. I have no problem with vanity items, My Room, extra storage, extra character slots, secondary Skill Trees and even minor experience boosts being sold for money. That's... kind of ideal, since that doesn't break the game.

F2P only becomes an issue when it starts to sell power; this... is not that. Hell, even if they sell Dewmen it won't break the game since their stats aren't that great.

The only thing I'm somewhat worried about is exactly how restricted trade is without having a My Room rental. If I can't trade at all, it'll be a shame... but even so, the switch to F2P was a smart business decision.

Simply put: I wouldn't be here if PSO2 wasn't free, because this game doesn't have the qualities to compete with thoroughbred P2Ps like Tera and WoW, or B2Ps like GW2 and Diablo III.

This. Very this. You'd think SEGA just murdered your entire family, put their heads on stakes, and posted them in front of their headquarters for all to see, the way some of you are going off about this. You guys want to see a broken Cash Shop? Go download a F2P game called Air Rivals. Sure you can play the game without any purchases, but if you actually want to compete? Expect to spend $100+ a month. And that game is all about PvP. The best armors in the game come from the cash shop, and the only way to make your weapons worthwhile require, you guessed it, cash shop enhancement cards. I've heard stories from people playing about how many thousands of dollars they've thrown at the game, just for a chance at a slightly better weapon.

What we're seeing here is nothing, simply aesthetic enhancements, personal perks, and the standard-fare boosters. Put the pitchforks and torches away until SEGA starts selling actual items in the shops.

Angelo
Apr 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, it really depends on the price.

Basically, people are okay with f2p because it implies that you are trading the ongoing fees for cherry picking features you want to keep permanently.

Having to pay ongoing for your cherry picked features almost defeats the concept, and it also dampens the initiative for the developers to make new purchasable content.

moorebounce
Apr 11, 2012, 09:36 PM

It has the potential to cost more than paying a monthly subscription fee. Thats why people aren't liking what they're reading so far. They won't have a problem if it turns out to cost the same as a monthly subscription or less. Plus why beat around the bush and make it cost the same as or more than having a subscription fee and just make it a monthly subscription.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it really depends on the price.

Basically, people are okay with f2p because it implies that you are trading the ongoing fees for cherry picking features you want to keep permanently.

Having to pay ongoing for your cherry picked features almost defeats the concept.

Unless the prices are cheap... I mean, if it worked out to <$100 over an entire year, it'd be a decent cost.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
This. Very this. You'd think SEGA just murdered your entire family, put their heads on stakes, and posted them in front of their headquarters for all to see, the way some of you are going off about this. You guys want to see a broken Cash Shop? Go download a F2P game called Air Rivals. Sure you can play the game without any purchases, but if you actually want to compete? Expect to spend $100+ a month. And that game is all about PvP. The best armors in the game come from the cash shop, and the only way to make your weapons worthwhile require, you guessed it, cash shop enhancement cards. I've heard stories from people playing about how many thousands of dollars they've thrown at the game, just for a chance at a slightly better weapon.

What we're seeing here is nothing, simply aesthetic enhancements, personal perks, and the standard-fare boosters. Put the pitchforks and torches away until SEGA starts selling actual items in the shops.

Whoa..

WHOA! D:

No! D<

I never said I wasn't gonna throw a bunch of my money at SEGA regardless. I'm not like those other tools who are like "AUGH FOUND ONE THING ABOUT THIS GAME I DON'T LIKE, NOT GONNA PLAY IT SEGA KILLED MY PARENTS!"

The rest of this game still looks too fun.

Just saying though, in my own defense. (Hate that crowd.)

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 09:43 PM

i can agree with this. i posted this thread just because i thought it was lol and in the beginning, it was titled "LOL THIS JUST IN rock eastwood has to pay virtual rent"

i honestly don't really care about myroom, so long as we all have access to all missions/maps as free players and we all can level up to the same level and access same skills.

the only thing that bugs me is trading. it's not clear yet but the way they make it seem to be is that trading will be a bought function which is crazy. as bad as f2p mmos are i've never seen one where you have absolutely 0 form of free trade. you can at least typically use a mailbox to trade items.

Angelo
Apr 11, 2012, 09:48 PM
A lot of cash shops that rent person housing or bases will usually have like a small price to rent and a high price to buy.

If there is a higher option I'm willing to shell out like 30$...

...think about it, Sega.

I mean I'm more than willing to pay an average of 20$ p/month on the cash shop if it's done right.

Jonth
Apr 11, 2012, 10:01 PM

It really depends on what your definition of "qualities" is. PSO2 doesn't have the fame or publicity to compete with some of those games in the US (although it would have still survived for a while without a F2P model, like PSO and PSU did, but the F2P model will definitely boost its lifetime and profits), but I would personally play it over any of those games. Especially WoW...

Personal preferences aside however, certain things worry me. If I can pay $10-$15 a month and get everything (extra character slots, MyRoom, Storage, secondary skill tree, etc.) then I don't care what they call it or how they implement it. What I am worried about is having to pay $30+ a month for everything. I won't do it. I would feel far too irresponsible for devoting that much money to a single video game on a regular basis. At the same time, the fact that I am being responsible won't stop me from being bitter that I don't have everything.

They really need to announce a premium subscription fee that gives all of the basic system functions. I was a big fan of Turbine's (DDO LotRO) F2P model that has such a premium membership along with its cash shop. It really hooked me in with its F2P, but then hooked me into paying the premium fee because I wanted the rest of the game's features. Alternatively, you never had to pay the premium and you could get everything it gave you with one time fees to purchase specific content.

Blueblur
Apr 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
I've had the feeling for a while now that this game was being rushed. These new details couple with what we know about the game pretty much confirm it. Hype train derailed.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah I don't know why they're doing the PSU thing again...

They've pretty much left like 9 different settings in the games, but we're only starting out with 3 planets (hopefully arkz colony wouldn't count as a 3rd otherwise we've already seen all the planets D:) and a level 40 cap at full release. D:

Then the updates are gonna be almost a month apart. I hope each update is a nice chunk and not a drip. D:

Or god help us. ;o;

Strider_M
Apr 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
Ok... I understand that having to cash shop has the potential to cost more than a what Sonic Team has been charging for P2P so far.

I doesn't bother me too much about Item trading as I haven't bothered trading until after I spent 100+ hours in PSU. But I know/understand why that's a concern.

My only real concern was in previous Phantasy Star games was that sometimes I'd be broke by the time I had to renew my monthly subscription so I couldn't play at all...

Now with this F2P model even if I couldn't access/pay for my room, I could still play (and hopefully not miss special event missions) even when I'm broke, up until I can pay for my room again. This is also granted if having a room is the ONLY way to store things (from which I've heard, isn't the case).

That being said... I'll wait uptil I see pricing before being truly concerned.

Omega-z
Apr 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with this new's, We have a the Ship Lobby Storage which is free and can hold up 100 items like a Common Box and can be accessed form the main/camp ship's not a big deal since we can camp out on the planet and roast some marshmallow's - and it's still free.

No store not a big deal - can still make Measta with out it.

Boost Item's who care's - you get boost's in-game anyway's.

My Room's ha - It was just a bonus, better in the long run less junk to get.

Scape's - Not worried until I see better AI form enemies; That to we don't know if we can obtain them in-game.

Trading "Meh" - I'm 50/50 on this you can trade freely with non rare's but you pay for rare's and at the same time can't pre-equip. them, it's so so.

Skill Tree - we don't know enough yet on this, but would just stay with one to save time.

Custom - yeah, not going away but need to be picky and choose wisely on how you look same goes for weapon's too "if" they do it again.

Compare to PSU I'm going to save $ on this one, which I'm more incline to spend more at the same time. So it's a win win for me.

r00tabaga
Apr 11, 2012, 11:33 PM
This is exactly what I was expecting. I was only surprised about no pay/no trade. Still ok for me as long as the fees aren't too high.

Anyone know yet if character slots are monthly too?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
This disheartens me. While I figured that they'd at least have this option, the fact that they don't list a price for permanent....

Hmm, there are games that give the option to pay lower prices for temp. and then higher prices for permanent purchase. heck, that's the usual model, when it just isn't permanent purchase...*sigh* I dunno, I need to hear more about this, now.

Still, the game itself looks fun, don't like this, though.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 11, 2012, 11:49 PM

This is kinda how I'm feeling about this right now, as long as we get a 'bank' storage space for free and can pay for perminant storage space expansions I'll be fine. If not well...shit will hit the fan really quick. (and that really needs to be made clear and put in the first post before any more people run for the pitchforks and torches.)

Because right now a lot of peoples first knee jerk reaction is "omg where am I going to store all my extra stuff now that I have to pay to access 'my room' " mostly for those with PSU as their first PS game. It's just one of those small details that needs to be spelled out to prevent the torch and pitchfork reactions, and I don't think a small detail like that is in the PSO2 Info thread.

Xaton
Apr 11, 2012, 11:50 PM
secondary skill tree costing somthign and unlocking it or wasnt subclass ment to be free? hopefully any extra charactor slots goes the guildwars rout buy and perminant and if hav ea room lets hope the storage in there is stays put saved to to speak so can get back to it if mis a monthly payment. and not ahve it impounded like real life rent LOL

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 12:18 AM
Sub class will be free, the wouldn't charge us on something like that.

Unles the new classes are gonna be the HALF and HALF classes... :'( and we have to BUY them...Nope..nope I won't believe it.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 12, 2012, 12:26 AM
Free online games are never "FREE" people really need to learn this fact ;p

I knew something like this was going to happen, and if the game is as good as it looks like it will be, I don't mind playing 10$ a month to play fully, as that is what I was paying for PSU, I would even be ok with 15~ anymore then that though and I will start to think twice about playing.

Xaton
Apr 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
yet for the room they should do the everquest route have a basic limited room to trade decorate like 10 or 20 spaces to place decore free small room storage and mayb eif they do room stores have one that can sell only 1 item in free and upgradeing will cost and stuff.

Sandmind
Apr 12, 2012, 12:33 AM
Not everything is set in stone, they can always change it and add a permanent buy option later on, we're only at beta here. Likely? Maybe not.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 12, 2012, 12:34 AM
As other people have said, I will withhold my judgement and table flipping for the game's final build.

Uncle_bob
Apr 12, 2012, 01:41 AM
Fun's over guys. It was over before it started. Go home.

:disapprove:

kyuuketsuki
Apr 12, 2012, 02:28 AM
Free online games are never "FREE" people really need to learn this fact ;p

I knew something like this was going to happen, and if the game is as good as it looks like it will be, I don't mind playing 10$ a month to play fully, as that is what I was paying for PSU, I would even be ok with 15~ anymore then that though and I will start to think twice about playing.
This. People should stop flipping out until we know exactly how much these things will cost. If you can get what you need for an average of $10-15 a month, there's no cause for complaint, unless you were just really hoping that you were going to get to play an online game for free. Which was never going to happen -- unless you're okay with what amounts to a trial version.

If it ends up being $20+ a month to get what I need plus having to buy some goddamn gachas that will never give me what I actually want, I will swiftly and decisively join in on the bitching and moaning.

Sinue_v2
Apr 12, 2012, 09:46 AM

The idea, I think, is that at least in the manner being presented it makes Sonic Team look like they're trying to double-dip. Cut off a core functionality (trade) and a highly desirable accessory (My Room, Functional Storage) to "rent out" to players on a monthly basis basically equates out to most players paying a monthly fee on top of which they will also be running a cash-shop.

Without knowing a "rental" price, it's hard to determine whether or not this indicates that ST is abusing the cash shop setup to unnecessarily bleed players of extra fees, or just a poorly presented feature which a fanbase already apprehensive about the F2P/CS model mistakes to be worse than it is. My (baseless) gut feeling is that the rental will probably be around $4.99~5.99 a month, which wouldn't be too bad, but is still a bit much for being in conjunction with a cash shop IMO.

Personally, I'd rather see ST sell "content subscriptions" as an option for those who would rather just pay a monthly fee. Pay a flat rate (say, 15 or 16 dollars a month) and gain access to all cash shop content - either limited or unlimited depending on the content. Unlimited for things like skill tree resets and cosmetic shops, and single-use access to things like weapons, clothes, and decorations. It may well be cheaper for some players to go the subscription route, but think of it like buying products in bulk. I don't think a "My Room" and functional storage should be something you have to pay extra for, although this isn't to say that storage expansions and "premium" My Rooms should also be simply entitled to the player either.

To illustrate using PSU terms, I'm fine with using the Cash Shop to sell rooms like Happy Score and Secret Cave which have expanded decoration space and features, but at least let all players have access to the crappy gimped-out vanilla rooms that only let you put decorations on specially designated place mats.

xBladeM6x
Apr 12, 2012, 10:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/efJMX.png

Razelis
Apr 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
I hope each update is a nice chunk and not a drip. D:

Gacha

( > . >

( < . < ;;

Skyly
Apr 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'd rather just pay a monthly subscription fee and remove the cash shop idea. Do what works for you and no so what works (or doesn't ) for other games.

With Sega MMOs I'm used to paying a monthly subscription and just playing. Seems now they're getting greedy and just charging for everything. I call it "nickel and dime-ing."

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Well if you want to *Live in the game* I would pay a montly fee too :P Show off my room, couple of adult rp's, show my hologram weapons B) Worth it.....I mean O_o PSSSH rooms who need'em.

Griffin
Apr 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
Paying rent for the rooms seems almost too obvious and unsurprising. If Rooms are a big thing in the game, I will invest in the biggest one they got. I like to host house parties.

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
I heard something like 12 or 20 people can come in.....PARTY ALLLL DAY. That would be cool if you could have 2 beds to share rooms with someone.

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
I think 12 was the max, I don't remember how much people fit into PSU's rooms My pool of friends were all cliquey so never got more than 5 in there... But it was always fun just goofing off in there when I didn't feel like lobby trolling.

Also 3 day room tickets bought with FUN points...

That's problem solved enough for me.

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
Ah, the days of PSU cliques were indeed fun, eh Shota Mike?

WHO ARE YOU???!! D<

HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW!

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
Gacha

( > . >

( < . < ;;

this

hahaha. more than likely the "updates" will be to the cash shop/gacha. we'll probably get meaty content like classes/areas/quests much less often.

CelestialBlade
Apr 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
So, hmm, now that my slight disappointment has passed, this has me thinking....

I kinda wonder how they're gonna price the monthly rent (if they already have, forgive me for missing it). They seem to be assuming that they're going to profit more off (presumably) smaller fees over time rather than a larger up-front fee per player that even starts the game. That assumes that your average player is going to stick around long enough for the monthly rent to overcome what a player would pay up-front for a theoretical permanent room. I can't imagine a rent idea being a super-high fee or you're never gonna sell the idea on a monthly basis, but they could have easily justified a steep up-front cost for a permanent room.

So basically, to me, this move seems to assume that they feel the average player is going to be around for probably half a year at least, if they set up pricing like I think they will. That's a pretty ballsy assumption and it really makes me wonder if Sega isn't missing out on a little profit here, as opposed to even a half-interested player maybe paying a bigger permanent cost, which would theoretically cover more people. Yeah, I'm kinda doing a little doomsaying here in saying most gamers won't stick around super-long, but Sega could prove me wrong.

At the same time though, if you assume the later stages of the game don't bring in a lot of new players, then monthly would probably work out. And they could prove me wrong by charging a really high monthly fee, or maybe they were never planning on doing a steep up-front cost and my theory goes completely out the window. Just a thought, though.

Xaton
Apr 12, 2012, 09:04 PM

I kinda wonder how they're gonna price the monthly rent (if they already have, forgive me for missing it). They seem to be assuming that they're going to profit more off (presumably) smaller fees over time rather than a larger up-front fee per player that even starts the game. That assumes that your average player is going to stick around long enough for the monthly rent to overcome what a player would pay up-front for a theoretical permanent room. I can't imagine a rent idea being a super-high fee or you're never gonna sell the idea on a monthly basis, but they could have easily justified a steep up-front cost for a permanent room.

So basically, to me, this move seems to assume that they feel the average player is going to be around for probably half a year at least, if they set up pricing like I think they will. That's a pretty ballsy assumption and it really makes me wonder if Sega isn't missing out on a little profit here, as opposed to even a half-interested player maybe paying a bigger permanent cost, which would theoretically cover more people. Yeah, I'm kinda doing a little doomsaying here in saying most gamers won't stick around super-long, but Sega could prove me wrong.

At the same time though, if you assume the later stages of the game don't bring in a lot of new players, then monthly would probably work out. And they could prove me wrong by charging a really high monthly fee, or maybe they were never planning on doing a steep up-front cost and my theory goes completely out the window. Just a thought, though.

maybe they will go the everquest route a basic option for free has limited use like can only place one thing in shop or trade one thing at a time stuff have limite dbuild points. then can upgrade stuff which would then incure the rent. sort of your get your basic army barrack long house rooms for free. but if want to live in style cough up the cash XD

thinktank001
Apr 12, 2012, 11:46 PM

The average person won't purchase anything. In fact, 90% of the people that play wouldn't purchase from the cash shop. All the data points to them charging no less than 9.99 a month for the room rent.

IMHO, I would guess they would stick with the same price as PSU.

r00tabaga
Apr 13, 2012, 12:36 AM
The average person won't purchase anything. In fact, 90% of the people that play wouldn't purchase from the cash shop. All the data points to them charging no less than 9.99 a month for the room rent.

IMHO, I would guess they would stick with the same price as PSU.

In FACT??? 90%??? Umkayyyyyyyy

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah more then 10% will be using the cash shop, even if it is to buy a 2.99 item. I can say more realistically, that at least 50% of players will use the shop, at least once a month for something.

I am a sucker for outfit items, so there goes some money there, and if the room thing is only 10$ or something, I will be getting it.

Versecity
Apr 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah more then 10% will be using the cash shop, even if it is to buy a 2.99 item. I can say more realistically, that at least 50% of players will use the shop, at least once a month for something.

I am a sucker for outfit items, so there goes some money there, and if the room thing is only 10$ or something, I will be getting it.

Very true.

I'm just about the same on the outfit items items and if you're buying some of the outfits might as well tack on a MY ROOM because it comes with the shop and everything.

It's one way to dish out some of our money to Sega.

CelestialBlade
Apr 13, 2012, 08:44 AM
I'd go as high as 70-80% using the Cash Shop at some point, excluding the people that play for a week and then quit. This game may as well be called Phashion Star Online 2 for me because you can guarantee I'll be throwing money at Sega for outfits. I just hope clothes are permanent purchases, if I have to pay monthly on those too then that's when I'll start getting a little irritated. I like having a lot of outfits and switching them around when I want a new look, and that won't be feasible if I'm paying bills on like 50 outfits.

Nurusanura
Apr 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
Instead of throwing percentages out there, I would say it depends on how often people will use it.

50-90% of people would probably use it at least once.

50% will probably use it more than once.

20-50% will probably use it monthly.

10% will probably go all out.

It depends on what items will be up and how important they are, whether it alters appearance or boosts your stats.

Spellbinder
Apr 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
Instead of throwing percentages out there....

I'm sorry but I found it very hilarious that you said this followed by a series of percentages.

ClothoBuer
Apr 13, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry but I found it very hilarious that you said this followed by a series of percentages.

I prefer ironic. But amusing nonetheless.

NoiseHERO
Apr 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
I prefer ironic. But amusing nonetheless.

But Irony CAN be hilarious!

/combo breaker on the correction chain

Spellbinder
Apr 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
I see your combo breaker and raise you a table

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ==== ┻━━┻

Nurusanura
Apr 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
Whoops, what meant was, instead of "just" throwing percentages out there, we could be more specific about how often the cash shop is used. haha wow massive fail.

Reia
Apr 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'd go as high as 70-80% using the Cash Shop at some point, excluding the people that play for a week and then quit. This game may as well be called Phashion Star Online 2 for me because you can guarantee I'll be throwing money at Sega for outfits. I just hope clothes are permanent purchases, if I have to pay monthly on those too then that's when I'll start getting a little irritated. I like having a lot of outfits and switching them around when I want a new look, and that won't be feasible if I'm paying bills on like 50 outfits.

I'm not sure if it's something like, you pay and you get. The gatcha never threw the exact outfit you wanted, probably you'll have to roll a lot for getting that specific one or getting it in 1 roll. I had experiences with gatcha systems for a start. We also don't know if we can customize colors in one outfit, that makes kinda a panic that again like PSU you may want a specific color too. I think it's best to rent My-Room and buy it from a player shop as many of this outfits except the "unique color" ones are tradable. For example, the PSPo2 Outfits in PSU you could trade them, considering you didnt got good chances of getting the color you wish, but many of the other games outfit only have 1 color and are untradable. So SEGA thinks is a good chance so you force up to roll for it.

therealAERO
Apr 13, 2012, 01:17 PM
I went through this whole thread just to make sure this idea wasn't already stated

If you lose access to your room from not paying and enough time has passed Sega should let people bid on your my room/my room items. Like that one show where they bid on people's storage items and then those people sell those items for a premium.

Could be cool and also hilarious. DO IT SEGA!

thinktank001
Apr 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
Instead of throwing percentages out there, I would say it depends on how often people will use it.

Just google it. Publishers' themselves state that no more than 10% of their players purchase from the cash shop. P2W games have a large number of accounts, since it doesn't cost players anything to try. So over time that 10% does add up to be a large number.

Reia
Apr 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
I went through this whole thread just to make sure this idea wasn't already stated

If you lose access to your room from not paying and enough time has passed Sega should let people bid on your my room/my room items. Like that one show where they bid on people's storage items and then those people sell those items for a premium.

Clearly comes from someone who didn't try to get the most valuable My Room items. Like I got the King's Chair in PSU. "Cool Story, Bro!"

therealAERO
Apr 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hey keep up your rent and this kinda thing won't happen.

Zorafim
Apr 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
Clearly comes from someone who didn't try to get the most valuable My Room items. Like I got the King's Chair in PSU. "Cool Story, Bro!"

How the fu-

Reia
Apr 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
20 Silver coin Zero jackpot! =3

I won't tell the real story behind that jackpot, it's something that I got flamed at years ago.

Golto
Apr 13, 2012, 02:23 PM

Lol Storage Wars: Pioneer 3.

therealAERO
Apr 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
yeah that's the title I couldn't remember.

CelestialBlade
Apr 13, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure if it's something like, you pay and you get. The gatcha never threw the exact outfit you wanted, probably you'll have to roll a lot for getting that specific one or getting it in 1 roll. I had experiences with gatcha systems for a start. We also don't know if we can customize colors in one outfit, that makes kinda a panic that again like PSU you may want a specific color too. I think it's best to rent My-Room and buy it from a player shop as many of this outfits except the "unique color" ones are tradable. For example, the PSPo2 Outfits in PSU you could trade them, considering you didnt got good chances of getting the color you wish, but many of the other games outfit only have 1 color and are untradable. So SEGA thinks is a good chance so you force up to roll for it.
That's possible too. Imagine outfits being gacha-exclusive AND temporary :disapprove:

I thought I remember reading somewhere that in the cosmetic and outfit shop, you could see all the outfits available and some of them were labeled as AC only, so there's probably going to be a few gacha-exclusive outfits but most of them would be in the shop. I'm hoping that's the case anyway.

shiink
Apr 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
Given that there is still access to your bank from the ship lobby (PSO style), I really could care less about having a room to stick decorations in. I never enjoyed doing that in PSU, and was often too lazy to maintain a profitable storefront (but still used it). As long as I have a place to store items that I don't need in my inventory right that second, I'm cool with that. Trying to not be a pack rat. Maybe having to pay a couple $$ for an increase of bank space when it fills up wouldn't be terrible.

The thing that really would sadden me is completely locking out the ability trade items player-2-player without having a shop. I have always been generous to my friends in the game and the lack of being able to, "Hey man, I don't need this anymore. Here ya go! Think nothing of it" is really irritating. I don't care if we had to do it old school style and just drop the item on the floor.