PDA

View Full Version : New Information

Ark22
Apr 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
Players can purchase 30 day My Room Rentals

Two kinds of Arks Scratch, one that has costumes, and the other has costumes and consumption items.

There’s also a free Gacha called FUN Scratch, that uses FUN points.

You can get things like room items and cash items.

You can collect FUN points through player evaluations.
Like for example you can say “Good Job” to someone else and that will increase both of the players’ Fun points.

You can also collect Fun points by doing quests with Friend Partners.
*Friend Partners are NPC AI’s of your friends characters*

You can also get points by purchasing Arks Cash

Sakai plans to update the game every 3 to 4 weeks with maps, systems, scratch, etc, Plans to add new classes later

The level cap once the game comes out would be around level 40. This cap will increase as the game progresses.

In the initial stages of the game, they will also have you select up to Hard difficulty for quests, but they plan to have several types of difficulties later. You can unlock these difficulties once you meet a certain condition.

After the game comes out they plan to add super huge bosses in multi-parties.

These bosses are much bigger than normal bosses, and you can have 12 players fight it.

This is off of PSU-Blog

This all seems preatty awesome mainly the BIG boss fights for multiparty.

Update:

They plan to start off with 3 planets.

He’s still investigating this, but for now he thinks the Vita version should use the onscreen keyboard.

He will probably have the beta test for PSO2 Vita start sometime during the fall through winter, but nothing is definite yet

((It is unknown currently what restrictions they have on player evaluations, like once a day or one time per person?))

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
Sounds interesting. Especially the FUN points.

Also..."new classes?" Huh.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
AIs of friends' characters as party members? Interesting.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
level 40 cap... releasing new classes, weapons and missions later...

Noooooooo whaaaat? where are they gonna go with that one....? How much are we getting and how much are we getting later, with those once a month updates...?(PSU) e_e

Funcash on the other hand sounds... interesting I think...

Macman
Apr 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Players can purchase 30 day My Room RentalsOh goddamnit. :disapprove:

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
^ whole thread on that one already, lets talk about the other interesting things here.

Like people brainlessly having to feel obligated to tell some guy who just leveled "good job" to get their fun cash. D:

That doesn't promote friendliness. It teaches kids to kiss ass to get ahead in life! D:

Randomness
Apr 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
^ whole thread on that one already, lets talk about the other interesting things here.

Like people brainlessly having to feel obligated to tell some guy who just leveled "good job" to get their fun cash. D:

That doesn't promote friendliness. It teaches kids to kiss ass to get ahead in life! D:

Half of PSO's community popped out a symbol chat whenever someone leveled I think.

And kissing ass CAN help you get ahead in life.

That said, hopefully they account for this. Since they're taking suggestions from testers, I really wish they'd at least get a rough localization finished and do a worldwide beta.

Edit: There should absolutely not be random stuff with $$$. Period. It's one thing with the funcash, but I detest any form of it for actual money, especially because it's all too easy to put the best stuff only in them and set the drop rate REALLY low... and not tell anyone the odds. (I'd be less against it if everything was available otherwise at a reasonable price, and explicit odds were posted)

Vashyron
Apr 11, 2012, 06:40 PM
Brb, putting "Good Job" in my mission complete Auto-word.

I'm finding "forcing" people to say Good Job to each other is kinda eerie. Just kinda makes the actual meaning of saying Good Job lost.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2012, 06:42 PM

I'm finding "forcing" people to say Good Job to each other is kinda eerie. Just kinda makes the actual meaning of saying Good Job lost.

Like with GG?

Have you seen the flame wars that crop up over that?

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 06:50 PM

This is what I'm saying. D:

I remember being all "YEAH DUDE" when a friend reached a milestone.

Now it's all "YEAH DUDE *looks around for my funcash deposit then runs off to wherever to buy some shoes* "

Also you get fun cash for playing with CLONES of your friends as opposed to your actual friends? So now people are gonna be fake, AND they're gonna be solo grinders that play with creepy copies of their friends more than their actual friends? D:

It's not that big of a deal...

It's just weird... And I doubt it'd make the community more "fun" they way they think it would...

WBMike
Apr 11, 2012, 06:55 PM

Well basically you select "Good Job" from a menu that deals with Evaluating Players. I'm not finished with the entry yet so...

Dinosaur
Apr 11, 2012, 07:00 PM

I feel that stuff like that has lost its meaning in the online world. Kids these days always say "WP" when they win which is totally BM. "GG" also gets thrown around like it means "lol" or something.

Razelis
Apr 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
I dont really mind the "good job" stuff.

What got me worried is the encouregment to use NPC's to get Fun cash.

I think having party filled with real life player should have advantage and not vice versa.

I didn't like how party leaders in PSU filled empty spots with NPC instead of letting real players join in... But that's me.
If I wanted to play with NPC I go play offline ( > . >

blace
Apr 11, 2012, 07:03 PM
Well basically you select "Good Job" from a menu that deals with Evaluating Players. I'm not finished with the entry yet so...

There's a system like in Armored Core V where you evaluate the player(s) based on their performance.

Vashyron
Apr 11, 2012, 07:10 PM

Oh I see, doesn't sound bad then.

Might
Apr 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
My worst fear--a Gacha system. Fortunately it does not seem to be the entire system. Unfortunately, they will likely fill it up with the REALLY cool, time limited goodies with abysmal odds.

"No more FUN-POINTS? Better dip into your wallet. Time is almost up!" ;_;

BIG OLAF
Apr 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
and the Gachas are usually where the most badass clothes are. HNNGH.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hmm...

A player evaluation system sounds interesting But...

>Actually useful in a party.

>Gets horrible evaluation because uptight people find my sense of humor annoying.

>Insert "Like I give a fuck" meme.

Crysteon
Apr 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Funny how we will feel obliged to say おつかれさました like retards all the time just to get points, lol.

As long as that gacha doesnt have drop boost tickets or some other shit that's gonna wreck havoc to the game's balance I'm ok with it.

Macman
Apr 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
It really should be the other way around. You shouldn't get rewarded for rating people favorably, that just loses all meaning of being friendly because there's ulterior motives behind it to begin with.
Getting rewards for BEING rated favorably makes more sense, but then you get beggars going "plz +1 me" or people going "giving my +1, only 50000 meseta" which is just as bad.
Best not to have such a system at all.

Shadownami92
Apr 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
It really should be the other way around. You shouldn't get rewarded for rating people favorably, that just loses all meaning of being friendly because there's ulterior motives behind it to begin with.
Getting rewards for BEING rated favorably makes more sense, but then you get beggars going "plz +1 me" or people going "giving my +1, only 50000 meseta" which is just as bad.
Best not to have such a system at all.

I think Demon's Souls did that, you didn't get rewarded for it I don't think, but you would rate people that helped you in Boss fights, so in a sense if you help players try to not troll strangers...

Also I wonder if you can buy a trade ticket with fun cash...

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Oh I see, doesn't sound bad then.
It was on the "right click" menu for players in the beta video.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
No no...

Seems it's not spamming "GRATS" every time your team mate makes a sudden useful move. But it's an evaluation thingie. Also the reward goes both ways.

Macman
Apr 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
Also the reward goes both ways.That doesn't alleviate the entire "stroking egos so you can go buy a new hat." issue, thus making the whole rating system meaningless.

Magitek_X
Apr 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
FUN points?

http://i.imgur.com/gnyMn.jpg

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
That doesn't alleviate the entire "stroking egos so you can go buy a new hat." issue, thus making the whole rating system meaningless.

So you game the system for a chance at that new hat or you use real money for it. The "FUN" gatcha will most likely have a lower chance of giving you that hat anyways.

Macman
Apr 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
You're missing the point, Mike. I couldn't care less about gacha crap. I just don't like the idea of this FUN system because rating people positively means nothing when you know almost everyone's going to do it just for the gacha rolls.

moorebounce
Apr 11, 2012, 08:15 PM
They're rewarding people for being nice and being good teammates. I'd rather play with someone who is genuinely nice and/or a good player not someone who is acting like they're nice for some points. PSYCH !! lol

I really want to know what they plan to do for the hackers and cheaters?

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
That doesn't alleviate the entire "stroking egos so you can go buy a new hat." issue, thus making the whole rating system meaningless.

Well like I said the last page, I find it weird as hell and fake either way. But at least if you're stuck with fake people that abuse the system instead of using it properly, you'll get free stuff.

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
Update:

They plan to start off with 3 planets.

He’s still investigating this, but for now he thinks the Vita version should use the onscreen keyboard.

He will probably have the beta test for PSO2 Vita start sometime during the fall through winter, but nothing is definite yet

((It is unknown currently what restrictions they have on player evaluations, like once a day or one time per person?))

Griffin
Apr 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
Player: "Alright! We did it! I'm glad I revived you before the boss died for the exp!
Me: "Gud jb! Cya, man."
Player: "Wait! You spelled it wrong!"
Griffin has left the room.

lostinseganet
Apr 12, 2012, 04:44 PM

Yea what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

hbmizzle10
Apr 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
the level cap is 40? why? is it because of the classes?( and the fact that u can change them at any time....which i think is stupid)

Jonth
Apr 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
And I think it is stupid to be locked into one class. But that's just me.

NoiseHERO
Apr 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Levels are class based. So changing a class whenever you want, is no different from starting a new character... And since REAL new characters cost money, sounds like a good deal to me.

And shut up, how do you even get lost in seganet. D<

Ceresa
Apr 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
40 levels and 3 planets at launch... unbelievable. Because PSU month 1 was so well received?

An evening gets you to 20, and by the end of it, it was already feeling repetitive with the 2 planets in alpha sending me to forest over and over for meaningless bullshit quests. Get to 40 in a week and then... continue the fine Korean tradition of having fuck all to do with your playtime besides upgrade shit weapons that will be obsolete in a month when the next level cap is out. Joy.

Also blah blah fun points blah blah being a considerate teammate should be its own reward blah blah.

NoiseHERO
Apr 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
40 levels and 3 planets at launch... unbelievable. Because PSU month 1 was so well received?

An evening gets you to 20, and by the end of it, it was already feeling repetitive with the 2 planets in alpha sending me to forest over and over for meaningless bullshit quests. Get to 40 in a week and then... continue the fine Korean tradition of having fuck all to do with your playtime besides upgrade shit weapons that will be obsolete in a month when the next level cap is out. Joy.

Also blah blah fun points blah blah being a considerate teammate should be its own reward blah blah.

For once I agree with one of your overly negative opinions.

Everyone was too busy complaining about virtual rent (even though we CAN still get My Rooms for free) to notice, but yeah...

This game is starting off.. actually WORSE than PSU content wise.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
This game is starting off.. actually WORSE than PSU content wise.

It does seem to be going that way as far as content goes, but is it 100% confirmed that the full game will only start off with 3 planets?

Is it really that easy to get to level 20 or even 40 or are you just playing a little to much? Or rather will be. Not meant to be a joke, I just hope it isn't actually that easy. None the less future content is what really should be the main concern, although I for one am not in doubt.

Aside from that, I would like to see more info about this "Premium Set" thing. From what I've seen it will give the player access to My Room, Shop, Extra Storage and Trade functions all for one monthly price. Will that be all? I can't help but wonder about the price, but being that I was willing to buy the game and pay a monthly fee for it I will pay the monthly "Premium Set" fee and whatever else as long as the price's aren't crazy. All food for thought.

•Col•
Apr 13, 2012, 07:22 PM
It does seem to be going that way as far as content goes, but is it 100% confirmed that the full game will only start off with 3 planets?

Is it really that easy to get to level 20 or even 40 or are you just playing a little to much? Or rather will be. Not meant to be a joke, I just hope it isn't actually that easy.

Yes it's confirmed there will only be 3 starting planets.

And yes, unfortunately he isn't exaggerating in the bit. Even if you casually play for one evening you can get to level 20 quite easily.

I am pretty disappointed that the starting level cap will be 40... Even by just playing a few hours every day you can get to that within 1-2 weeks. :/

Maybe they're trying to cater the game to casual players? I dunno.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Is it really that easy to get to level 20 or even 40 or are you just playing a little to much? Or rather will be. Not meant to be a joke, I just hope it isn't actually that easy. None the less future content is what really should be the main concern, although I for one am not in doubt.

In Alpha-2, the first time I played I got to lvl 20 in about 3 sessions (roughly less than 10 hours total) I wasn't even trying to power level or anything, so it did kinda feel like I was leveling a bit too fast, but it might have just been for the purposes of the Alpha Test since we had a limited time. Hopefully they will adjust it on actual release time.

NoiseHERO
Apr 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Didn't they modify the exp needed to level in earlier by like 4X?

Ezodagrom
Apr 13, 2012, 07:28 PM
Note that according to what was found in the beta files, the early levels require alot more exp in the beta than in the alpha 2, with up to level 8 requiring 4x more exp than in the alpha 2 (after level 8 the increase in exp requirements is lower, requiring 3x more exp until level 11, and between 2.33x and 2.78x more exp until level 20).

Also, 3 planets doesn't mean 3 areas, for all we know each of the planets could have more than 1 area at launch, let's wait and see what happens.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Yes it's confirmed there will only be 3 starting planets.

And yes, unfortunately he isn't exaggerating in the bit. Even if you casually play for one evening you can get to level 20 quite easily.

I am pretty disappointed that the starting level cap will be 40... Even by just playing a few hours every day you can get to that within 1-2 weeks. :/

Maybe they're trying to cater the game to casual players? I dunno.

Wow, I'm pretty disappointed. The cap would have been fine if it wasn't that easy to gain levels, thanks for the info though. Many games nowadays are doing just that, but they overdo it. I don't mind them catering to casual players but there is a limit, don't kill it for the non-casual players. And I believe people complained that the starting levels were too hard in Alpha 2, yet they can dodge, block, and combo waay more. I just hope they don't cater to the casuals only.

Randomness
Apr 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
Note that according to what was found in the beta files, the early levels require alot more exp in the beta than in the alpha 2, with up to level 8 requiring 4x more exp than in the alpha 2 (after level 8 the increase in exp requirements is lower, requiring 3x more exp until level 11, and between 2.33x and 2.78x more exp until level 20).

Also, 3 planets doesn't mean 3 areas, for all we know each of the planets could have more than 1 area at launch, let's wait and see what happens.

Remember, PSO launched with a total of... five or six environments (Caves was like three distinct environments in one).

NoiseHERO
Apr 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Well Ezo just expanded on what I said, But yeah, really hoping there's way more areas on these 3 planets.

I assume we're not getting the full story at launch though. e_e

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 13, 2012, 07:45 PM

Oh if that's the case I'm glad to hear it, it does make sense that they made it a little easier so people could get to level 10 in the short amount of time they had to play. I had that thought in the back of my mind when it came to each planet, if it's an entire planet then there very well could be tons of areas. Even if it's only a few a lunch, more can be added after.

Kent
Apr 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
Wait, hold on.

People are saying that this game will have three planets at launch... But less content than when PSU launched?

I'm convinced none of those people actually played PSU at launch. It launched with two missions on the Guardians Colony and two or three on Parum. I don't think you could even travel to Neudaiz at launch, and the desert planet was definitely locked-out.

I sincerely hope PSO2 launches with more than five total things to actually do, or else the game may be DOA just due to lack of content.

Randomness
Apr 13, 2012, 11:05 PM
Wait, hold on.

People are saying that this game will have three planets at launch... But less content than when PSU launched?

I'm convinced none of those people actually played PSU at launch. It launched with two missions on the Guardians Colony and two or three on Parum. I don't think you could even travel to Neudaiz at launch, and the desert planet was definitely locked-out.

I sincerely hope PSO2 launches with more than five total things to actually do, or else the game may be DOA just due to lack of content.

Yeah, I believe the starting missions were... Fight for Food, the one after (or before? I dunno) it, the first Parum mission, Sleeping Warriors, and Plains Overlord. If Neudaiz WAS available at launch, add the two missions to Onmagoug. But I think it was merely available shortly afterwards, and everyone quickly gathered in the AMF Field Base for Sleeping Warriors and Plains Overlord runs.

Put it this way, PSO had more distinct areas at launch, and certainly took longer to play through them all. (It had more bosses too - Dragon, De Rol Le, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, and I don't think PSU EVER added a boss with three forms like Falz... or as outright brutal as the final bosses of each episode in general)

Ceresa
Apr 13, 2012, 11:21 PM
Neudaiz was available at launch, along with the Adahna mission in the temple, and the Onma mission, and their respective crappy lead-in missions.

Giving players at launch:

Relics
Raffon Meadow
Linear Line
Temple
2 samey Neudaiz environments.

Increasing the time it takes to level from 1-20 (now with nerfed mobs) is not an appropriate solution for leveling to 20 of 40 being too fast. The correct solution is having a higher level cap. Being at low level when you have no skill points to use, no extra abilities at all, sucks, and is by far the worst time to drag out the leveling process.

Randomness
Apr 13, 2012, 11:23 PM
Neudaiz was available at launch, along with the Adahna mission in the temple, and the Onma mission, and their respective crappy lead-in missions.

Giving players at launch:

Relics
Raffon Meadow
Linear Line
Temple
2 samey Neudaiz environments.

Increasing the time it takes to level from 1-20 (now with nerfed mobs) is not an appropriate solution for leveling to 20 of 40 being too fast. The correct solution is having a higher level cap. Being at low level when you have no skill points to use, no extra abilities at all, sucks, and is by far the worst time to drag out the leveling process.

So if I'm a game developer and accelerate leveling for testing, I'm not allowed to reduce the rate, because that would be arbitrarily adding grind?

It actually required a bit of effort to hit even 10 in PSO.

CapitalG
Apr 14, 2012, 01:21 AM
You know what item needs to be in the gacha? A jump to conclusions mat for your room! Because it seems like most everyone here needs one. It's a test, guys. Just because something may have been one way in alpha doesn't mean it'll be the same now or when the game fully launches. I get why people speculate about stuff, but why does everyone jump on board with thinking a certain way so fast? We won't be able to tell anything until people get to play anyway, so can we calm it down a little?

I would think of FUN points as a way to extend common courtesy towards other players, you know, like how the polite thing to do in Japanese etiquette is to apologize to someone and they apologize to you back even though they recognize that you have made a mistake? Besides, both people get the points for doing it too, so you don't have to rely on either having to give Good Jobs or just receiving them to get points. It should happen over the course of gameplay by just being nice to people. Even then, the FUN gacha looks like it's going to be mostly cosmetic/room items so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I guess we'll see when we get to play with it.

DoubleCannon
Apr 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
You know what item needs to be in the gacha? A jump to conclusions mat for your room! Because it seems like most everyone here needs one. It's a test, guys. Just because something may have been one way in alpha doesn't mean it'll be the same now or when the game fully launches. I get why people speculate about stuff, but why does everyone jump on board with thinking a certain way so fast? We won't be able to tell anything until people get to play anyway, so can we calm it down a little?

My thought exactly.. They are testing this game and seeing what works and what doesn't. Levelling to 20 was quick because short time for testing, increasing exp requirement for me is a great thing because I love a long lasting grind haha. Much like diablo 2 was, it felt good that killing enemies did not feel wasted because I was still getting exp.

As for me about the system of the free to play and these systems, personally I say people go out and spend 50-60+ bucks on games, this game is free to download, no monthly fee its just plain free! Now I plan on putting around 40 bucks on the game for my room and anything else I may like just for the simple fact of supporting this great game.

The room rental however has me sad and I really hope they consider a buy option like really. I want to BUY MY CONDO! not rent it lol

r00tabaga
Apr 15, 2012, 08:36 PM
Did anyone else notice that Sakai is thinking about doing an offline version of the game for Vita? Not sure if this would eliminate the online F2P/B2P version or be in addition to but interesting none the less. Still would like to see PSPo3 on Vita as well as PSO2.

Edit: over at the PSUblog it says, "He’s thinking about the possibility of a separate offline title". Just call it Victory already. I was liking that acronym.

Xaton
Apr 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
Did anyone else notice that Sakai is thinking about doing an offline version of the game for Vita? Not sure if this would eliminate the online F2P/B2P version or be in addition to but interesting none the less. Still would like to see PSPo3 on Vita as well as PSO2.

Edit: over at the PSUblog it says, "He’s thinking about the possibility of a separate offline title". Just call it Victory already. I was liking that acronym.

hmms hopes there willb eoffline CEPT have both data seperate that way if offline vita players evne in pc version if possible have the charactor data seperate like online modes data server side while you have your own charactors offline stored int he computer or vita. online mode and offline charactor data doesnt share cept items bought ins tore or somthing. or offline has everything you can get online in drops or somthing