PDA

View Full Version : deciding on an unofficial psoworld SHIP

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
So from what I understand, when you choose a SHIP, your character data there stays on that ship. You cannot freely change ships and keep the same character data from the ship you started on ex:

If you make Bob on ship 1, Bob will not be on ship 2.

So can we decide on an unofficial psoworld SHIP that we can all mutually agree to play on (of course this is only if you're interested in playing with other english players, you may not want to in which case you don't have to do any of this ha)? Like number 1 or 2 or something, i donno. I don't really know how the ship system works but yeah it'd be cool if we could all agree to play on ship X to keep the english community together.

moorebounce
Apr 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
So from what I understand, when you choose a SHIP, your character data there stays on that ship. You cannot freely change ships and keep the same character data from the ship you started on ex:

If you make Bob on ship 1, Bob will not be on ship 2.

So can we decide on an unofficial psoworld SHIP that we can all mutually agree to play on (of course this is only if you're interested in playing with other english players, you may not want to in which case you don't have to do any of this ha)? Like number 1 or 2 or something, i donno. I don't really know how the ship system works but yeah it'd be cool if we could all agree to play on ship X to keep the english community together.

You'll be able to move your character but it will cost you. lol

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 09:54 PM
During the second alpha, there were a fair number of PSOWers on ship 2. Both ships were at more or less max capacity so it wasn't a great way of trying to dodge lag though.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
I propose the unofficial PSO ship at release be 42 mod (# of ships) +1 (+1 because modulus returns 0 through n-1, and we want 1 to n)

ClothoBuer
Apr 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
Without knowing how many ships, or their names, trying to pre-plan something like this is a bit difficult.

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
Without knowing how many ships, or their names, trying to pre-plan something like this is a bit difficult.

I would bet 2 min, 5 max.

ClothoBuer
Apr 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
I would bet 2 min, 5 max.

A fair analysis, but I doubt they'll carry names such as "Ship 1", "Ship 2", etc. For any sort of "let's choose this one", without knowing exactly what they'll be called, we can only choose according to it's position on the select screen, i.e. 3rd from the bottom.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
A fair analysis, but I doubt they'll carry names such as "Ship 1", "Ship 2", etc. For any sort of "let's choose this one", without knowing exactly what they'll be called, we can only choose according to it's position on the select screen, i.e. 3rd from the bottom.

saying something like 3rd from bottom/top is genius in all seriousness

i like that idea ha

Mike
Apr 11, 2012, 10:17 PM
That's what they were in the alpha and I believe PSU just uses numbers as well so it wouldn't surprise me if that's the way it was in the closed beta.

NoiseHERO
Apr 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
The ships... story/concept wise (Besides just being servers or channels, whatever) are like...

Actual space ships right?

THEY MUST HAVE A NAME!

The S.S. Rappywing (Like chicken wing)

Alright now I'm just being corny.

r00tabaga
Apr 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
Too soon.

Arika
Apr 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
I want to be in the ship with high population, (if you ever play PSU jp, you know high population help everything a lot, and have good market that US server never have)

So I prefer it to be either ship-1 or ship-2.

.. well, actually some of my old friends already decided to stay in ship-1 no matter what (they can talk JP), so ship-1 would be best, but I don't mind follow psow to 2 if need.

@Root, it is not too soon, it already late. other people I know mostly decided it already. chance is that people will split up if we decide too late. Say when Group-1 says they wanna be in that ship, group-B won't be able to ask all of the group-A to follow group-B later.

Rizen
Apr 11, 2012, 10:48 PM
I propose the unofficial PSO ship at release be 42 mod (# of ships) +1 (+1 because modulus returns 0 through n-1, and we want 1 to n)

I c wut u did thar!

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 12:17 AM
WE ALL JOIN SHIP 12!

Shit = solved.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 12, 2012, 01:23 AM
I want to be in the ship with high population, (if you ever play PSU jp, you know high population help everything a lot, and have good market that US server never have)

So I prefer it to be either ship-1 or ship-2.

.. well, actually some of my old friends already decided to stay in ship-1 no matter what (they can talk JP), so ship-1 would be best, but I don't mind follow psow to 2 if need.

@Root, it is not too soon, it already late. other people I know mostly decided it already. chance is that people will split up if we decide too late. Say when Group-1 says they wanna be in that ship, group-B won't be able to ask all of the group-A to follow group-B later.

i was thinking the same thing in terms of high population being generally a good thing, but i'm worried about bs like "the server is currently full, please wait to be allowed in: your current place in queue is 154..." happening.

If i think about it though, all of us will generally be online during late hours for Japanese players, so I guess there should really be no problem joining the most populated ship.

tl;dr i agree with just joining the most populated ship.

Vashyron
Apr 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
+1 On most populated ship.

Ryudo
Apr 12, 2012, 01:29 AM
EU/Mimas

Reia
Apr 12, 2012, 01:32 AM
Just pick number 1, it's where you might find the best PuGs when friends are not around :3

Noxia
Apr 12, 2012, 02:40 AM
We need a Pouny ship (^-^)
So all Pounys will regroup !

BIG OLAF
Apr 12, 2012, 03:55 AM
Yes, I think it would be a good idea for all the PSOWers to play on the same ship. I support your idea.

ClothoBuer
Apr 12, 2012, 04:01 AM
+1 On most populated ship.

Quoted for great justice.

Nurusanura
Apr 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
I'll keep checking on this thread, i'd like a few friends to show or show me where everything is at. :) I don't know too much Japanese, I prefer English is my first language.

lostinseganet
Apr 12, 2012, 07:33 AM
Without knowing how many ships, or their names, trying to pre-plan something like this is a bit difficult.Don't pick the first ship.

Nurusanura
Apr 12, 2012, 07:36 AM
How many ships did alpha have? were they heavy populated? or id everyone crowd to a certain ship?

Vashyron
Apr 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
How many ships did alpha have? were they heavy populated? or id everyone crowd to a certain ship?

There were 2 on the 2nd Alpha, people on PSOW decided to go to Ship 2 to try to avoid the crowd. (I believe?)

Both of them had heavy load anyway and at some point the number of connections to Ship 2 was greater than 1. (People thinking they could escape the lag problems the 2nd Alpha had?)

Come the final game though I rather stick to the more populated server, potentially I'd guess this would be the first. As previously said "most" of us will be playing outside the peak hours of Japan, theoretically allowing easy access in.

Being on the more populated server has advantages, like more items being in circulation.

Nurusanura
Apr 12, 2012, 07:59 AM
There were 2 on the 2nd Alpha, people on PSOW decided to go to Ship 2 to try to avoid the crowd. (I believe?)

Both of them had heavy load anyway and at some point the number of connections to Ship 2 was greater than 1. (People thinking they could escape the lag problems the 2nd Alpha had?)

Come the final game though I rather stick to the more populated server, potentially I'd guess this would be the first. As previously said "most" of us will be playing outside the peak hours of Japan, theoretically allowing easy access in.

Being on the more populated server has advantages, like more items being in circulation.

Yeah that's true, so like this has an auction house sort of thing? Thats another thing I haven't heard about. lol

Vashyron
Apr 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah that's true, so like this has an auction house sort of thing? Thats another thing I haven't heard about. lol

Played PSU Online? You put something up for a set sale of Meseta and players searching for it can buy it.

(Except unlike PSU you can shop from outside your room and you don't visit the person's room to buy something.)

r00tabaga
Apr 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
what is the purpose for tying characters to ships? Sounds dumb.
@Arika: the game doesn't come out for a couple more months. Why is claiming a ship in early April important? Are they letting people reserved slots?!?

BWS-1
Apr 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
what is the purpose for tying characters to ships? Sounds dumb.

I'm sure ability to switch easily in PSO2 would be the same as other PSO games, code-wise... and I bet it would be in other games too, but hey, some big-name-company out there makes a killing selling said ability to switch servers so.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Arika
Apr 12, 2012, 10:40 AM

During the alpha-test the reason that we chose ship-2 is because that alpha test limits play time to be only JP peak hours. everybody hurry to log in (first hours) which cause ship-1 to become busy, then we all move to make characters in ship-2 instead. The same problem shouldn't happen in beta/retail tho because beta allow you to play anytime. NA,EU can just log in during their time zone and the server won't be so busy. (as long as people are not trying to do the log in competition during first hours again. During alpha, it was prove that you can easily join in ship-1 later on normal hours, people already tested.)

Also, while most JP are offline, their market will still be available for us to purchase so it is cool in ship-1 there.

note:
In long term view, other ships will have less and less population by the time goes on just like any other MMO game. I think ship-1 will survive the longest.

r00tabaga
Apr 12, 2012, 10:46 AM
Q: So seeing that we don't know the names or number of ships yet, what is the consensus here? What did you guys come up with???

BWS-1
Apr 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
Would be best if we could just be ''moved'' to another ship should a ship be full when we want to play rather than queue in forever. Sure, other games stick with the queue, but it would be a nice novelty to have the game just move you so you can play, and then let you know if/when your ''mother''ship has free slots so you can just hop back on there. It'd be the convenience of good ol PSO working hand-in-hand with the ''newly implemented WoW-like restriction feature''.

Kazzi
Apr 12, 2012, 01:25 PM

It's also worth noting that the JP players noticed there were lots of people in Block 20 on Ship 2 and decided to come join our English parties because they weren't finding any groups on the other blocks. So avoiding the population and the lag actually backfired against us and ended up with Ship 2 being more active than Ship 1 towards the end of the test. Not that it wasn't nice playing with so many JP players, but I had trouble conversing with them properly.

I liked playing on Ship 2, if there's more than 2 this time then most people tend to flock to the first ship or the very last one from my experience with closed betas. But I'll just follow wherever the English players go. Maybe it would be wiser to wait until we can see the ship list to decide?

Yamishi
Apr 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
As has been mentioned, in the previous test, English-speakers were mostly on Ship 2. Also, we know that you can have 4 characters per ship, with a total of 12 characters, by using Arks Cash.

12/4 = 3

There will probably be three ships.

Magil
Apr 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
mmm ship list

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2012/04/120413c_0102l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Ship 10, we take over ship 10!!

Arika
Apr 12, 2012, 11:50 PM
uh.. no.. in general MMO, ship-10 is like.. the ship that will die out after a few months or something. when the ship come as numbers, only 1-3 will last long.