PDA

View Full Version : Creating Create pso meme's to get attention from the internet

lostinseganet
Apr 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
So pso2 is finally starting to grow its roots. Of course people are gonna want to talk about it. Brand new people are going to want to. Soo how do we get them to look at this site verses others?
I was thinking a meme or 4. Teh internets lov memes. If we can get a couple of funny ones going I bet ti would add to the traffic here. So what do you think?

Dinosaur
Apr 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
My live-play stream @ www.twitch.tv/gmcustom
I'll link PSOworld sooner or later.

maxx69
Apr 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
No. This is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
Oh god not, those online game based memes, where everyone in said online game community thinks spamming that one same joke every 5 minutes makes them funny. D:

I get sick of those sooooooo fast. D:

Especially in a game like this where you can make flashy emotes and shortcuts, and everyone just starts to massively copy each other...

Please don't do it. D:

Please no. D:

Angelo
Apr 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Pass.

Gama
Apr 12, 2012, 08:24 AM
memes emerge from popularity trying to "factory produced memes" will never turn into memes.

lets say someone does a good emote on pso2, and then someone likes it and posts it over the net and it gains popularity that could turn it into a meme.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
Enjoy:

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/zDuo9.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Reia
Apr 12, 2012, 10:50 AM
Clearly someone don't notice how annoying how the Raptor (Cosmic Break) and Arrow to the Knee (Skyrim) meme jokes were too annoying.

My choice is "NO!"

Akaimizu
Apr 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Way too many people still enjoy the "Arrow to the Knee" stuff, so I don't see it going away that fast. We'll just have to wait for the next RPG, with a classic line, to take over the meme status.

What I would be very willing to do is to help snaz out the site with an optional PSO-world theme song. Maybe combine efforts with an animation or something.

Neirene
Apr 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Enjoy:

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/zDuo9.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

It's my rappy! lol i would actually be surprised that this little picture of mine became some sort of meme! www
I still laugh very much everytime I see this picture wwwww

r00tabaga
Apr 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
so many weird threads lately...
do you win something if you start a topic?

Neirene
Apr 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well the idea might be very effective! as most memes on the internet makes the people get very curious about what they are about and where they originated from.

It's a not so wicked idea, thanks to memes 4chan is known by even more people that had no idea that website existed in the first place!

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2012, 11:13 AM
new meme.

US players laughing while typing "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwww"

There!

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
in terms of simply gaining traffic and spreading awareness about pso2, this could probably work depending on how funny the memes are.

but you have to think about the quality of the people that would be brought in by such means, which is what everybody seems to be worried about.

so i agree with the increase in traffic, but i disagree with the people that would result from it.

Magitek_X
Apr 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
Forced memes never catch on. They may in fact create negativeness at the end. I would rather if memes pop up on PSO2, they be done naturally as all well received memes do.

Ioriya
Apr 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Memes are not "created", they come naturally.

That is why the internet is full of corny memes, because people try too hard.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
I think the official PSO2 twitter was trying to make a new meme by starting every post with "PSOnichiwa" a play on "Konichiwa" (hello in Japanese) and PSO.

So now someone just make a JPEG with the troll face and "PSOnichiwa" plastered on top :lol:

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
In Soviet Russia, there is no PSO2!

Bam 8-)

ClothoBuer
Apr 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
http://fuuu.us/132.png

Thread closed. End of story.

Gama
Apr 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
meme copies r not that funny, and forced memes don't work...

BIG OLAF
Apr 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Memes are not "created", they come naturally.

^This. Taking an image and slapping some text on it doesn't make it a meme. That's called an "image macro." A "meme" is when an image macro, or phrase, or what have you, becomes well-known and spreads throughout a group of people or culture. In this case, 'internet-culture.'

blace
Apr 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm doing my best by spreading the word about PSO 2. So far a few people have that have been left in the dark since DC, they're more than willing to approach the game, but forcing meme's will mostly attract unwanted attention and the idiots of the internet.

Skyrim has sold a bit more especially due to "arrow in the knee", I just don't want to see more trolls and children that think something that lame is funny running around the servers.

goldwing
Apr 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
mmmmmmm idk. it dose sound like a bad idea... not trying to shoot the idea down but i think ill pass.

NoiseHERO
Apr 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
If you want to spread PSO2's popularity in general, just advertise it in every social network/online community that you usually frequent.

But I'd wait till open beta and/or a US release. Otherwise people are gonna think "Ugh not even out/playable yet" then forget it exists months later. (People are lazy, impatience and uncaring like that.)

Also you have to slap them in the face with an awesome youtube video of how awesome the game is.

Macman
Apr 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
Memes are 99.9% awful. No.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 12, 2012, 08:07 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus so far. On this edge of the Pacific, we're already sitting on a niche franchise that already had some issues with avoiding alienating the fanbase. (Episode 3, PSU, Zero, PSP & PSP2) With the volume of western advertising in the past, I wouldn't count on PSO2 getting any real attention on general gaming and social forums outside of current fans.

A natural meme might bring a bit of support to this game, a forced one will probably reduce this to an internet joke. The last thing I think we'd want is for PSO2 to be known as one of those epic failures before it even meets a full release. The only thing universally accepted about this game so far is the character creator and even then there's a laundry list of disappointments to it in a topic here. Either way, it's too soon to start prodding the greater internet.

Wait it out, see what type of video shenanigans emerges post release (Still don't have a US, EU, or AU date), tell your friends to tell their friends to play, and see what sticks.

Sir Green Aluminum
Apr 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
Don't think PSO2 even needs our assistance, considering it's a F2P MMO and it lloks food, gaming sites will automatically talk about it. That and it's too soon to consider it because we don't have a US release date.

Merumeru
Apr 12, 2012, 08:54 PM
XD No thanks, we don't need our own version of SHAZBOT

AC9breaker
Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 PM
new meme.

US players laughing while typing "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwww"

There!

old, I started that in PSO v.1

WMAO or WMFAO