PDA

View Full Version : What PSO2 Ship (Server) will you play on? Cast your vote

MaximusLight
Apr 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
Okay I've changed the title to reflect what I was trying to ask with the thread in the first place.
That said, really guys go on whatever server you like it shouldn't matter in the end where you go, that's up to you. Even if the "winner" of this poll is where most people end up, it doesn't mean you have to go to it.

That said it looks like Ship 2 is where most will be heading right now so it seems that's where most want to go.
As for blocks that part is up in the air and you'll need to figure out where you want to meet up/the best place to meet up is going to be.

I figured this would be easier than simply discussing it, this way we're all seeing what everyone thinks rather than sorting through a tread. I can announce what ship we will be on when the Beta hits us.

The ships are different servers, you can't move between them according to the current information. So characters you start on one isn't on another but you can create one character on multiple servers.

That said, at this time the word is we will have to pay for more than one character per server, so take that into account.

Also, I now hear that there will only be five ships in the beta so take the poll with a grain of salt.

Totori
Apr 12, 2012, 08:59 PM
Ship 4 the japanese hate that number~

DeathDragon2332
Apr 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
Which ever is the most empty :D

MaximusLight
Apr 12, 2012, 09:03 PM
Ship 4 the japanese hate that number~

Hey! That's an idea, in Japanese culture 4 is an unlucky number/associated with death.
Not that I don't like the Japanese but it may be more practical for speaking the same language.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
ship 7

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
10, because Americans love the biggest number.

DarK-SuN
Apr 12, 2012, 09:11 PM
Ship 2, to stick with tradition, although 4 is an interesting idea, and I have a feeling 10 will get a lot of votes as well.

goldwing
Apr 12, 2012, 09:11 PM
8 would be cool

Nisshoku
Apr 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm still not 100% sure what ship I'll be calling home in PSO2. More than likely, it will probably be the same ship as the small group of friends I'll be playing with will probably set up roost.

However, since I'm inclined to vote, I personally use my own personal reason plus a little bit of math, and my personal choice will more than likely be Ship 7 or 8.

Link1275
Apr 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hey! That's an idea, in Japanese culture 4 is an unlucky number/associated with death.
Not that I don't like the Japanese but it may be more practical for speaking the same language.
Oddly enough the Chinese associate the number 4 with death as well, and if I recall correctly they think of 8 and 7 as good numbers(or at least one of the two).

Randomness
Apr 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
I vote for 42 mod shipcount+1, so... 3.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
Has it been confirmed that there will be 10 ships??

MaximusLight
Apr 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Has it been confirmed that there will be 10 ships??

There were ten in the past alpha.

DarK-SuN
Apr 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
The closed beta will have 10 ships apparently: http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pso20120412_154046_003.jpg

Zorafim
Apr 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
11. Why mess with a good thing? Because it doesn't exist? Minor details, I'll work it out.

Reia
Apr 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ship 1. I have somewhere else to play when you guys are not around.

PS: If Ship 4 wins, I'm not joining. I would hate to join in a ghost server, that mostly economy will be bad and full of inflation. Guys, learn something from PSU EN! If you join a small server, the no-life player will monopolize the economy. But they can't control large communities.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 12, 2012, 11:04 PM
There were ten in the past alpha.

Uh, I was in Alpha-2... there were only 2 ships. ^^;

But anyway, it seems the last blog-post showed a screenshot with at least 9 ships, so I guess it's confirmed.

Vashyron
Apr 12, 2012, 11:06 PM
Not sure why most people seem obsessed on servers which will turn out to be more empty than presumably the first.

Your probably not going to be playing at peak time with the Japanese to worry about log in issues, choosing a low population server will give you probably much less items circulating in shops and help in multiparties.

Randomness
Apr 12, 2012, 11:38 PM
Not sure why most people seem obsessed on servers which will turn out to be more empty than presumably the first.

Your probably not going to be playing at peak time with the Japanese to worry about log in issues, choosing a low population server will give you probably much less items circulating in shops and help in multiparties.

Yes, going with 1 or 2 is probably best overall. Afternoon in the US is what, early morning in Japan?

Ark22
Apr 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
I played MH enough times to know when it's high time and trust me the Japanese usually stay on for long periods of time so it will be sorta populated but when most of them gets off work it's gonna be hell. So I'm just gonna sleep when they get off work. MH on Adhoc goes from not laggy to teleporting Silver Rathalos. Not having that!

LK1721
Apr 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Ship 2 or 4 for me.

DarK-SuN
Apr 13, 2012, 12:39 AM
All things considered, Ship 2 may indeed end up being one of the ships with the highest population count, but less than Ship 1, meaning that, like in Alpha 2, if we grab Ship 2 and then one of its blocks (or two of its blocks for when a block is full), it'll be easy to find english speakers there without much trouble.

Mike
Apr 13, 2012, 01:27 AM
All things considered, Ship 2 may indeed end up being one of the ships with the highest population count, but less than Ship 1, meaning that, like in Alpha 2, if we grab Ship 2 and then one of its blocks (or two of its blocks for when a block is full), it'll be easy to find english speakers there without much trouble.
I agree with this. The best of both worlds, so to speak.

FenixStryk
Apr 13, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'm throwing in support for Ship 2, which I'm assuming will be the second most popular server. Ideally, we want a server with a mid- to high-population that will retain a flowing economy after hype for the game dies... something where a small EN community will still have people to play with if tourists don't stick around.

"Helping" Ship 4 out by putting all of the foreigners on it seems more like a self-fulfilling Japanese prophecy than a favor (because playing with language barriers is rarely pleasant for either side). There's no sense in giving that server any more reasons to be empty.

Magil
Apr 13, 2012, 04:08 AM
ship 7 :)

ClothoBuer
Apr 13, 2012, 04:16 AM

I cast my vote for Ship 2, and I support this statement wholeheartedly. It'd be similar to the days of GC PSO, JP players had their lobbies, and US players had theirs.

Vanzazikon
Apr 13, 2012, 06:50 AM
I like the number 4.

BWS-1
Apr 13, 2012, 07:04 AM
Ship 2 sounds best in the long run. If things go sour/unpopular fast... we can hope SEGA will allow us to switch servers?

Crystal_Shard
Apr 13, 2012, 07:24 AM
Ship 2 here also. Seems like the best balance imo.

Totori
Apr 13, 2012, 11:58 AM
So, you can only pick one ship. Then you are stuck on it?

Arika
Apr 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
I vote for ship-1, as it supposed to be the longest live server.

Other than ship1 and ship2, they won't last longer than 1-2 years, and will become empty servers.

Pinocchio
Apr 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Voted 4 because its my favorite number :)

landman
Apr 13, 2012, 02:56 PM
It's the clossed beta, we will only be playing this for a week! So I'll provably go 1st or the one voted the most, or both (free arks cash to spend!). On the final game I will provably take this more seriously.

MaximusLight
Apr 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
11. Why mess with a good thing? Because it doesn't exist? Minor details, I'll work it out.

help in multiparties.

lol, Yeah, it's not a big deal in the end, I was just curious as to what the consensus right now. After all I'm not affiliated with PSO-World in anyway nor do I speak for them so it really dosn't matter what this thread says in the end.
Heck people might change their minds and a new vote may need to be started when the game actually comes out. Not to mention people will still go where ever they like regardless.
I just started this thread so that we could keep track of things with a poll rather than trying to follow a long thread, seemed more practical to me.

Uh, I was in Alpha-2... there were only 2 ships. ^^;

But anyway, it seems the last blog-post showed a screenshot with at least 9 ships, so I guess it's confirmed.

Yeah, my bad, I heard through the grape vine and I much have gotten it wrong. So long as this works though, that's the important thing.

Sandmind
Apr 13, 2012, 05:28 PM

Off topic, but funny how we're a friday 13th today .... off the 4th month! West meet east in unlucky/death day. :-P

On topic, I'd recommend a long lasting server, so 1 or 2 I guess.

Faiyez
Apr 13, 2012, 08:04 PM
Ship 2 for unofficial English server.

AlphaDragoon
Apr 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
Gonna go with Ship 2.

Reia
Apr 14, 2012, 02:49 AM
Alright now that I'm Oficially In this game. I will wait for you guys to decide.

Misto
Apr 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
I like the idea of Ship 4, seems like a great way to exploit Japanese superstition. :p

Kazzi
Apr 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
Whoops didn't realize the tick was on Ship 10, I meant to vote for Ship 2!

Lacen
Apr 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hm... I wonder what the player capacity limit for each Ship would be? Hopefully if we pick one of the more popular/busy Ships we'll all be able to join it and not be locked out by a population cap. =/ But you guys were playing Alpha Test 1 and 2 with like only 2 ships and doing just fine, correct? So, what ship is it gonna be? I see most of you voted for ship 2 but ship 4, the unlucky number is coming in at like near half the votes of ship 2. =]

BIG OLAF
Apr 16, 2012, 07:29 AM
So, I'm guessing Ship 2 is going to be the solid winner at this point, then.

ClothoBuer
Apr 16, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hm... I wonder what the player capacity limit for each Ship would be? Hopefully if we pick one of the more popular/busy Ships we'll all be able to join it and not be locked out by a population cap. =/ But you guys were playing Alpha Test 1 and 2 with like only 2 ships and doing just fine, correct? So, what ship is it gonna be? I see most of you voted for ship 2 but ship 4, the unlucky number is coming in at like near half the votes of ship 2. =]

The Alpha test also had less than half of the population the beta will likely have. They didn't need to open up all the ships at that point.

Aiex
Apr 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
Have we confirmed that all 10 ships will be open during the beta?

I don't have it open so I don't remember exactly what it says, but the beta client has ships 3-10 marked as not found or offline or something along those lines. I suppose that could change when the beta starts though.

I voted for ship 1 but I'm going to recant and play on 2 because it looks like a greater fraction of PSO-world players will be there.

Kinujou
Apr 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
2 just wrecked face.

Macman
Apr 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
I laugh at everyone assuming you're bound to a single ship upon choosing. Since when has Phantasy Star ever binded your character to a server?

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
I laugh at everyone assuming you're bound to a single ship upon choosing. Since when has Phantasy Star ever binded your character to a server?

My thought exactly.

h2olight
Apr 16, 2012, 07:47 PM
I really think that the OP should have more information on the servers.
For example, 1 will obviously be the most populated, 2 the second most populated (which makes it more ideal for all the English players to gather on) but 4 would be the most ideal if we wanted to be VERY alone.

Personally, though, I think that it'd be easier to fill in multi-party areas on zone 2, but if we wanted to be alone we should be going to 4.

Mag-X
Apr 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
I vote 1 or 2. Most of us will be playing during the middle of the night for Japan, so even highly populated servers will be pretty deserted. The higher numbered ones will just be ghost towns.

Since they said PSO2 will work this way.

Kazzi
Apr 16, 2012, 07:57 PM

In the Alpha you were character bound to a ship. If you made on ship 1 then your character did not exist on ship 2. There were a considerable amount of blocks though, the English block was block 20 for example.

Macman
Apr 16, 2012, 08:13 PM
That's pretty shitty. All that does is require that you decide ahead of time where you and friends will be hanging out.

Plus what do you do when an entire ship is full, start over elsewhere?

Misaki Ki
Apr 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
Wish there'd be something that would let you jump between servers like once a week.

...But then again they'd probably charge for it.

D-Inferno
Apr 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
The characters being tied to ships might just be another ARKS cash thing to get people to pay for server switching. Hopefully SEGA realizes that everyone is just going to bunch up on one or two ships, and just remove this terrible idea.

Nurusanura
Apr 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
The characters being tied to ships might just be another ARKS cash thing to get people to pay for server switching. Hopefully SEGA realizes that everyone is just going to bunch up on one or two ships, and just remove this terrible idea.

Well we ARE getting arks cash in this Beta. so... Maybe that's always an option. xd

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 06:01 AM
That's pretty shitty. All that does is require that you decide ahead of time where you and friends will be hanging out.

Welcome to general MMO character control. The first major decision you will ever have to make in a game is on what server you want to play.

Merumeru
Apr 17, 2012, 09:32 AM
XP probably Ship 2

Kazzi
Apr 17, 2012, 12:38 PM

You keep pressing enter until it lets you on.

There was a limit to how many people were in each block, but considering just how many blocks there were it's unlikely all of them will be filled completely.

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
XP probably Ship 2

Good. So I can date your character.

Zyrusticae
Apr 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
How many blocks are there?

I think it'd be a good idea to designate a block for the EN speaking players.... If 20 is the last on the list, I recommend doing something like 19 or 18 or something, just on principle that the first and last are going to see more people.

Mike
Apr 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
Interesting fact: There will only be a total of 5 ships for the closed beta.

http://twitter.com/#!/sega_pso2/status/192467533138362368

Mantra1039
Apr 18, 2012, 12:01 AM
lol Mike just beat me to it. He's right, according to the official players page there will only be 5 ships open for the purposes of the closed beta test.

Totori
Apr 18, 2012, 12:50 AM
That's good and bad, so I guess most of you will try for Ship 2?

goldwing
Apr 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
So to it is

Reia
Apr 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
Okay its decided, I guess a Mod should take action and close all "What ship gonna be?" threads and make one with a sticky specifying the Ship and the block inside it because we're just less than a day for the launch.

Astriel
Apr 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hurra for ship 2 :D

MaximusLight
Apr 18, 2012, 12:59 PM
Okay its decided, I guess a Mod should take action and close all "What ship gonna be?" threads and make one with a sticky specifying the Ship and the block inside it because we're just less than a day for the launch.

I don't think that PSO-World or it's staff is actually looking to establish an unofficial server to play on. To the best of my understanding all of the threads are just where people were thinking of going and why. (It is convenient to have a ship with a fair foreigner population on it for practical reasons more than anything).

Unless the mods/staff of PSO-World actually decide to make one server/block the unofficial meeting place they have no real reason to sticky anything as it would be misleading.

CyberNei
Apr 18, 2012, 02:23 PM
I vote for 2. Since most of english players gonna be there. Don't want to play either on an empty server or server full of only japanese ppl.
I'm not too afraid of japaneses, but i'd like to play more often with people that i can freely talk with.

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 02:25 PM
Let's put it this way: If Ship 2 fills up, go to 4. That way, people aren't too scattered if 2 isn't available.

CyberNei
Apr 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
Though that will mean that those who goes to sh4 will never be able to meet up with those who went sh2, unless they make new chars there. Thats a lame move from sega to make ships separated. ._.

Krank32oz
Apr 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
Thats a lame move from sega to make ships separated. ._.

I feel like there will be more of that to come:( Fingers crossed!

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
Pay to migrate to another Ship!