PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 Character Creation Trial Problems

alacuata
Apr 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hi, I've been a long time lurker here on PSO World and I finally get around to registering an account here ^^V

Out of love for the PSO series, I wanted to give the PSO 2 Character Creation a try, but I am having REALLY bad problems when running it. As soon as I open the program, everything becomes choppy- visually & auditory. It seems as if I'm getting only 1 FPS. This shouldn't be happening with the computer rig that I am running.

CPU: AMD Athlon IIx 4 640 [3ghz]
GPU: Geforce GTX 550Ti
RAM: 4gb

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and re-downloading a totally new installer & my graphic drivers are the latest Nvidia has to offer. I'm at a total loss right now as I can't seem to find the problem. Can anyone here offer some help?

moorebounce
Apr 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
Hi, I've been a long time lurker here on PSO World and I finally get around to registering an account here ^^V

Out of love for the PSO series, I wanted to give the PSO 2 Character Creation a try, but I am having REALLY bad problems when running it. As soon as I open the program, everything becomes choppy- visually & auditory. It seems as if I'm getting only 1 FPS. This shouldn't be happening with the computer rig that I am running.

CPU: AMD Athlon IIx 4 640 [3ghz]
GPU: Geforce GTX 550Ti
RAM: 4gb

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and re-downloading a totally new installer & my graphic drivers are the latest Nvidia has to offer. I'm at a total loss right now as I can't seem to find the problem. Can anyone here offer some help?

With your setup you shouldn't be having any issues as far as the character creator goes. It has to be either your resolution settings or HD settings IMO.

rezakon stopped hosting the photos that helped you navigate the graphic settings and this is the best I can do without those photos.

When you first start it click the button right up under the large one on the upper right corner which will take you to the graphic settings. You will see a page with 6 tabs. The first tabs is your shader settings and with your setup you shouldn't have to touch those. the 2nd and 6th are dead. The 3rd tab is your resolution settings the top left settings are full screen or windowed settings and the dropbox under that is for what your resolution is for your monitor. The 4th tab is for HD and SD settings. the lower the ticks the lower your setting will be. The 5th one is for your sound. After playing with your settings I usually hit the button on the bottom on the far right. Then hit the button on the left in the box that pops up. Now you'll want to hit the big button. You'll want to hit the big button in the next pop-up box. You'll then have 4 options in a small box. 1. Benchmark test. 2. The character creator. 3. Options. 4. Exit Demo.

Here are some pics I took of the menu that were converted
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193922&page=2

I hope this helps

alacuata
Apr 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
moorebounce ty for your time in helping me but it was to no avail!

i've actually set everything to low and played around with different resolutions but the same still happens. i guess... it just wasnt meant to be :(

hopefully others might be able to offer a working suggestion.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 13, 2012, 07:17 PM
moorebounce ty for your time in helping me but it was to no avail!

i've actually set everything to low and played around with different resolutions but the same still happens. i guess... it just wasnt meant to be :(

hopefully others might be able to offer a working suggestion.

Did you try the normal shaders? apparently setting the shaders to low causes problems if your video card doesn't support it.

Also, did you try Windowed vs Full screen?

Is your DirectX the latest version?

moorebounce
Apr 13, 2012, 08:49 PM
Did you try the normal shaders? apparently setting the shaders to low causes problems if your video card doesn't support it.

Also, did you try Windowed vs Full screen?

Is your DirectX the latest version?

@ alacuata - You have to try all the possible combinations to see whats going on. You're actually scaring me because we have almost the exact same setup but I need a better video card and the one you have was the one I was thinking about buying. So we need to get you up and running lol. You might want to see if your video card driver(s) is up-to-date too. You'll need to start with everything turn down and work your way up. With everything turn down or on it's lowest setting it should be working. So if you tried it with everything turned down then it has to be with your video card IMO.

@youcantcatchtheblue - I did tell him not to mess with the shaders and that could be the problem too. I know when I have mine set too high I get nothing but sound when it opens up. Also if his direct x is outdated it will update through the installer.

alacuata
Apr 14, 2012, 03:52 AM
@moorebounce

AHA* I have fixed the problem. As I said my graphic drivers were up to date, but only with the most recent, official release. I had to use the newest beta drivers and now the demo works like a charm!!!

You can go ahead and buy the card without doubt now! XD IM SO HAPPY

Time to make me some characters :3

xBladeM6x
Apr 14, 2012, 03:57 AM
FOR SCIENCE.

krux
Apr 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
Any body have an english guide on how to set up the CC, i keep getting a box that says incorrect command line