PDA

View Full Version : Anybody -not- in the Beta yet?

Ryo
Apr 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Trying to get an accurate list of those of us that have not been excepted into the beta yet. It seems almost everybody has, however I know of only two of us to haven't, myself included.

RocSage
Apr 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Me but, I've only been waiting for 15 hours and I'd be surprised if I got in.

Griffin
Apr 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
Oh wait, I guess I shouldn't be posting in this thread.

Ryo
Apr 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
I tried on 3/29

LK1721
Apr 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
Not in, YET.

Edit: Got my e-mail.

brycecot
Apr 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
I haven't been accepted yet.

Macman
Apr 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
Nope. Must be my FOnewm avatar, since Newms are the least popular in Japan.

Noobpwner
Apr 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
I didn't sign up until around the 9th, so It'll probaly be until the end of the week for me, if I even get in.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Nope. Must be my FOnewm avatar, since Newms are the least popular in Japan.
Even though I don't use one personally, FOnewms are awesome so if you get in you better use one as your main. ;)

Macman
Apr 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
Even though I don't use one personally, FOnewms are awesome so if you get in you better use one as your main. ;)I was the only person on PSOBB with the coveted "FATnewm."
Of course I'm going to make one! Though I might stick to a HU at first, forces were always a bitch and a half to raise from scratch.

Helix183
Apr 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
I haven't gotten an email yet. I was really looking forward to it. ._.

S|e|7|e|N
Apr 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
I've signed up for the beta on 2 accounts. Still haven't been accepted on either ;/

Ioriya
Apr 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not in, we still got until the 18th/19th.

Ark22
Apr 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
:'( I am in the same boat

Varon
Apr 14, 2012, 05:21 PM
I'm still waiting myself I swear its slowly draining all my energy waiting for this email.

Fox2Tails
Apr 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'm waiting as well

Ioriya
Apr 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
SHAZBOT

Play some Tribes Ascend. Don't gotta wait to the point where it drains your energy.

Vashyron
Apr 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
SHAZBOT

Play some Tribes Ascend. Don't gotta wait to the point where it drains your energy.

Push those Sandrakers off our world.

Skyly
Apr 14, 2012, 05:43 PM
Non-Alpha

Still not in either

Golto
Apr 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
No email yet, signed up 4/9.

Skyly
Apr 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
Kinda worried I might now get in but if a non-alpha player who signed up after 3/28 gets in, then I'll really be worried.

Randomness
Apr 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Kinda worried I might now get in but if a non-alpha player who signed up after 3/28 gets in, then I'll really be worried.

I'll let you know if you should be worried. I just signed up today.

Also, I want to strangle whoever wrote their application form's javascript. Being unable to recognize "1" as opposed to "01"...

Aumi
Apr 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
I should be in, seeing as I reached level 10 in Alpha 2, but I have yet to receive a mail.

SpishackCola
Apr 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
Non-alpha. No email yet, but I guess we got 4 more days.

ClothoBuer
Apr 14, 2012, 10:20 PM
Not in yet, but I'm hoping sometime soon. Won't cry either way though, still have things I can do in the meantime.

Soul Guardian
Apr 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Not in yet, but I'm not too worried. If I don't get in, it's only a week long so....not really a big deal.

Ark22
Apr 14, 2012, 10:51 PM
Open beta usually will be out 2-3 weeks after closed then it seems they will release the game during the open like how Tribes and Tera will do it.

BIG OLAF
Apr 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
I should be in, seeing as I reached level 10 in Alpha 2, but I have yet to receive a mail.

That's weird. I think everyone else that was in the Alpha already got their mails.

Or, a better way to word it would be: you're the only person who has come forth saying you were in the Alpha, but has yet to receive your Beta mail (that I've read; I've admittedly not gone through this whole thread).

dooby613
Apr 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
not yet signed up the first day it was possible.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 14, 2012, 11:41 PM
i almost feel like this isn't a "lottery", or if it is, they give preference first to alpha players that reached lvl 10, then alpha players, then players who signed up earliest for the newspaper.

i signed up around march 14th and i got my email 2 days ago.

just adding more info.

Misto
Apr 14, 2012, 11:48 PM
I did none of those things and got an e-mail before most of you.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
Trying to get an accurate list of those of us that have not been excepted into the beta yet. It seems almost everybody has, however I know of only two of us to haven't, myself included.

I haven't been accepted yet. :C

Noblewine
Apr 15, 2012, 01:33 AM
*Raises hand* I'll wait for the real thing but I am planning to tinker with the character creation program.

DeathDragon2332
Apr 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
Beta is 19-28th. I think.

DeathDragon2332
Apr 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
Same. I signed up the first day it was available and got it in the 2nd wave. So it seems its just first come first serve. Which is kinda lame.

LK1721
Apr 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Same. I signed up the first day it was available and got it in the 2nd wave. So it seems its just first come first serve. Which is kinda lame.
I don't think it is, there were a few people who signed up just last week and got their e-mails already.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
I think people who signed up multiple accounts wont get emails on either of them, bu i dont know for sure, it just seems that way.

Kudwafter
Apr 15, 2012, 03:48 AM
I think people who signed up multiple accounts wont get emails on either of them, bu i dont know for sure, it just seems that way.

Someone signed up for their friend and their friend got in so it was done with the same IP and everything

Dimascus
Apr 15, 2012, 04:37 AM
Some people signed up with 4 accounts and they were all accepted. If this is true, I can't be sure. But, I am seeing a lot of people saying that they had at least 2 accounts get emails already.

I just would like an invite. People that are using multiple accounts are just ruining it for people that would legitimately like to be in the CB.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 05:08 AM
Some people signed up with 4 accounts and they were all accepted. If this is true, I can't be sure. But, I am seeing a lot of people saying that they had at least 2 accounts get emails already.

I just would like an invite. People that are using multiple accounts are just ruining it for people that would legitimately like to be in the CB.
Hopefully they are nice enough to share. D: I applied with two different accounts by accident, so thats why I was worried. They didnt give me the address form at first so thats why, i thought i kept getting errors so i used my other email. xD of course, if both get accepted i would not mind sharing.

Esperian
Apr 15, 2012, 08:42 AM
I applied with two different accounts by accident, so thats why I was worried.

I can assure you it's fine (both my emails signed up from the same computer got invites)

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
I can assure you it's fine (both my emails signed up from the same computer got invites)
Okies that's a relief. <3

TelleT
Apr 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
Not in yet, just have to wait and see. :)

Anyone know if there will be any open-beta after the closed one?

Metsume
Apr 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I signed myself and about three other friends that were interested on the same computer. No e-mail for me yet, but I'm wondering if they've been sent an e-mail.

If one if them gets in and can't play for some reason or another, I wouldn't mind sharing, either. It would be a waste not to use it.

Wayu
Apr 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
Can I haz it then? xD

No email thus far for me. T_T

-Wayu

Khasar
Apr 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
No not me and I was in the previous BETA

JamesM
Apr 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Nothing here also :(

BWS-1
Apr 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'm ''passing'' the opportunity since I don't want to spoil the experience from release.

Na, I'm just too lazy to sign up for it, although what I've mentioned up here is still kinda true. I'd stress too much over it if I'd be in the beta: I might not be paid for it, but after having done 6 years in video game QA, I don't think I could help myself writing up or noticing bugs left and right and thinking ''aaaaah, they have to fix this; they've got to balance that! AAAH WHY/HOW IS THIS OR THAT NOT FIXED YET *head splode*''.

I mean, I can't help myself from doing that in games I buy (even if I try not too)... so you can imagine how I was flipping out when I started playing Skyrim... a real ''minefield'' of bugs that thing is, I tell ya.

Totori
Apr 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
Not in yet, just have to wait and see. :)

Anyone know if there will be any open-beta after the closed one?

Yes there will be one after the closed beta, and it shouldn't be too far off. Sega does plan to release this game during summer, so open beta will be before then.

If you don't get into closed there's open beta for everyone.

Pluupy
Apr 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
I haven't been accepted yet.

Metsume
Apr 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
Yes there will be one after the closed beta, and it shouldn't be too far off. Sega does plan to release this game during summer, so open beta will be before then.

If you don't get into closed there's open beta for everyone.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking earlier today. Open beta should start soon after the closed beta if the JP release for summer is not too far off.

We'll all be able to play that for sure. :)

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2012, 12:51 PM
They're also NOT wiping the Open beta... and I doubt the gap between open beta and full release will be that big...

So I'm just considering the wait done, by the time OBT hits.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
I sure love the optimism! lol Some of us are just too impatient though. I know I can be impatient sometimes too, but right now I am beta testing Tera and Continent of the Ninth Seal right now x_x Hopefully RaiderZ and PSO2 as well.

Alex305!
Apr 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
No beta here

Signed up on the 6th of April. I REALLY want to get in this beta.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
No beta here

Signed up on the 6th of April. I REALLY want to get in this beta.

I signed up on the 10th. Hoping for us both. ;D

Alex305!
Apr 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
I didn't have the time to participate in the CBT and it seemed like a hassle too. But when I heard all you needed was a sega ID I was on that. I watched so much alpha footage i'm really pumped.

I'm hoping for everybody!

Kinujou
Apr 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Still no email -prays for it soon-

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
I didn't have the time to participate in the CBT and it seemed like a hassle too. But when I heard all you needed was a sega ID I was on that. I watched so much alpha footage i'm really pumped.

I'm hoping for everybody!

Yeah same for me! The boss fights look amazing! Even after playing Tera, PSO2 still has me pumped. One of the main reasons why PSO2 would keep me from getting Tera is because of Class Change. Only other games I have played that do that are FFXI and FFXIV, which is why i played them in the first place. 1 Character = 1 Class are for the old days, game developers need to realize this, or come up with something where you can become more immersed with just a single character, and not multiple "toons."

lol I hate that word. >_>;

JC10001
Apr 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
I can't even sign up for the newsletter! It is beyond frustrating. I have my Sega ID and everything but whenever I go to sign up for the newsletter I get one BS error after another.

Xenobia
Apr 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Right... interesting, as i said ~1/8 at current time. Starting to count, for the sake of science. ;)

RocSage
Apr 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah same for me! The boss fights look amazing! Even after playing Tera, PSO2 still has me pumped. One of the main reasons why PSO2 would keep me from getting Tera is because of Class Change. Only other games I have played that do that are FFXI and FFXIV, which is why i played them in the first place. 1 Character = 1 Class are for the old days, game developers need to realize this, or come up with something where you can become more immersed with just a single character, and not multiple "toons."

lol I hate that word. >_>;

You should read the manga Yureka and/or 1/2 Prince. Both of them delve into future MMOs where it is more or less VR. 1/2 Prince uses a system where your starting class choice only really effects what you start with, but your actions dictate how your character grows and what skills they learn. Yureka features an MMO where there is a class system, but unlike current day MMO systems when you level a different class you maintain the abilities from those classes so that you can create a completely custom character by mixing what classes you level up. They are both interesting concepts and I hope to see them in the future.

Another pretty cool system I like is .Hack\\G.U.'s Adept Rogue system, but only in place of the above two.

Xaton
Apr 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
You should read the manga Yureka and/or 1/2 Prince. Both of them delve into future MMOs where it is more or less VR. 1/2 Prince uses a system where your starting class choice only really effects what you start with, but your actions dictate how your character grows and what skills they learn. Yureka features an MMO where there is a class system, but unlike current day MMO systems when you level a different class you maintain the abilities from those classes so that you can create a completely custom character by mixing what classes you level up. They are both interesting concepts and I hope to see them in the future.

Another pretty cool system I like is .Hack\\G.U.'s Adept Rogue system, but only in place of the above two.

sort of ding that yurkeka mmo thign with my d20 game the pen and paper like certin things carry over from other class like skill points arts levels so on your hp adjusts to the new level of class say you start out hunter d10 hd you go into force d4 hd your level will adjust back to 1 but you keep con mod so lvl 10 of cno mod of 2 20 hp so on.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
Haven't decided to apply yet.

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2012, 05:01 PM

Tomorrows the last day to do so...

JAPAN'S tomorrow.

It only takes like 5 minutes if you use the guide.

VenomFaiz03
Apr 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hey, really? I signed up all the way back in... uh... *checks email* oh, did I seriously wait until 2 days ago to finish the application process? Whoops, that would explain it...

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 15, 2012, 06:18 PM

JAPAN'S tomorrow.

What do you mean by this? Basically you mean that we still have time to apply right?

Aiex
Apr 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but not much. If you still want to apply you'd better get on the ball.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 07:41 PM

JAPAN'S tomorrow.

Unless you try to enter a single digit for month or day, because it's stupidly coded. Took me like 15 minutes to figure out what was going on. I only narrowed it down to that field by searching through the javascript file.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
1 Character = 1 Class are for the old days, game developers need to realize this, or come up with something where you can become more immersed with just a single character, and not multiple "toons."
Speak for yourself. Despite the fact that we can switch classes on a single character, I'm still going to have dedicated HUney, RAcaseal, and FOmar characters. Well, assuming that additional character slots aren't overpriced and/or time-limited rentals.

Xenobia
Apr 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
Its over at 16. So today application should be closed, youre little late.

Unless you try to enter a single digit for month or day, .
Nope... you have to enter always 2 digits, that was very clear. The first digit can be zero... zero is a digit such as every other digit. In computer language it means "no" and its a important digit.

Well, assuming that additional character slots aren't overpriced and/or time-limited rentals.
Time limited would suck big deal, that big that it is close to impossible that it would be implemented. Kinda like a fairy tale.

Putting limitations such as "1 slot each account" is worse in my mind because many people just gonna create several accounts, i guess. At least 2 free slots is necessary to give some sort of fairness even to "non payers".

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
Its over at 16. So today application should be closed, youre little late.

Nope... you have to enter always 2 digits, that was very clear. The first digit can be zero... zero is a digit such as every other digit. In computer language it means "no" and its a important digit.

No, it isn't. Zero is generally used to represent the boolean false value. Integer storage of "1" and "01" is identical at the bit level. They differ only when stored as strings, but you can't apply numeric comparison operators to strings. (Okay, some caveats - the comparison is done in javascript, which is loosely typed... there must be something weird going on, because no parsing routine I've ever heard of would evaluate that that way - not even in C).

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
It's pretty common to require date input to be mm/dd/yyyy or some such. I rarely encounter any that will accept a single digit in any field.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
Just now signed up for beta. Not too much of a big deal if I don't get in, though.

Xenobia
Apr 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
No, it isn't. Zero is generally used to represent the boolean false value. Integer storage of "1" and "01" is identical at the bit level. They differ only when stored as strings, but you can't apply numeric comparison operators to strings. (Okay, some caveats - the comparison is done in javascript, which is loosely typed).
Yes 01 might be identical to 1 in computer language, but they say they want to have TWO digit, not 1. 1 is ONE and 01 is TWO. :D Sheesh. There was even a example on how its done.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 08:08 PM
Yes 01 might be identical to 1 in computer language, but they say they want to have TWO digit, not 1. 1 is ONE and 01 is TWO. :D Sheesh. There was even a exampe on how its done.

They don't say it in English, and the guide doesn't mention it.

And you'd have to explicitly code it to reject one-digit, which makes it very strange.

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2012, 08:10 PM
Unless you try to enter a single digit for month or day, because it's stupidly coded. Took me like 15 minutes to figure out what was going on. I only narrowed it down to that field by searching through the javascript file.

I just followed the example under it, and just put 0 first just in case.

Xenobia
Apr 15, 2012, 08:10 PM
Hmm... didnt happen to me, maybe you got some special type of coding computer which is awesome for manipulation but not that good when the food is already cooked. ;)

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
And you'd have to explicitly code it to reject one-digit, which makes it very strange.
What are you talking about dude. On forms, 99.99% of the time, you have to follow a specific format (unless it's a drop-down list of course), which, 99.99% of the time, is mm/dd/yyyy (or dd/mm/yyyy). You have to use two digits for the month and day and 4 digits for the year, even if you were entering January 1st in the year 1 A.D. It's not strange at all. It's common even on paper forms.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
What are you talking about dude. On forms, 99.99% of the time, you have to follow a specific format (unless it's a drop-down list of course), which, 99.99% of the time, is mm/dd/yyyy (or dd/mm/yyyy). You have to use two digits for the month and day and 4 digits for the year, even if you were entering January 1st in the year 1 A.D. It's not strange at all. It's common even on paper forms.

Computers. Don't. Care.

Seriously, they don't, unless you tell them to care. Usually I see date forms implemented with dropdowns, but even so, there's no reason, on the programming side, for it to matter.

Xenobia
Apr 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
I know what he mean, he simply meant that the form was coded in a way that it does only accept 2 digits for something which is usualy successfully being accepted having 1 digit (which is indeed true), in the term of "computer language". It all depends on the terms, thats pretty much all about. I recommend for future reference just to check out the demo because even the common can get uncommon when someone is coding something else on purpose. The common term of a japanese date form is like YYYY/MM/DD, single digit not valid (means, when there is nothing its a 0), so keep that in mind. No matter the computer language, that one can be fooled.

reptile7383
Apr 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
They don't say it in English, and the guide doesn't mention it.

If they used a regex (hands down the best way to hand this) then the regex would automatically reject anything that's not in the correct format. it'd actually be easier to code it to only accept two-digits then have it accept both.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 08:59 PM
If they used a regex (hands down the best way to hand this) then the regex would automatically reject anything that's not in the correct format. it'd actually be easier to code it to only accept two-digits then have it accept both.

Actually, I have an easier way to detect bad values:

try
{
number=Integer.parseInt(input);
}
catch(NumberFormatException e)
{
doErrorMessage();
}

This catches invalid inputs AND parses correct inputs at the same time. Admittedly, this is Java, not Javascript, but the principle should be the same.

The form is going to be passing text data, which can't be compared to constants to check for range - it has to be parsed. Unless I'm missing something with javascript, because C is also weakly typed and would just blow up (since character 1 and numeric 1 have different binary representations).

goldwing
Apr 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
I to have not gotten in.

reptile7383
Apr 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
Actually, I have an easier way to detect bad values:

try
{
number=Integer.parseInt(input);
}
catch(NumberFormatException e)
{
doErrorMessage();
}

This catches invalid inputs AND parses correct inputs at the same time. Admittedly, this is Java, not Javascript, but the principle should be the same.

The form is going to be passing text data, which can't be compared to constants to check for range - it has to be parsed. Unless I'm missing something with javascript, because C is also weakly typed and would just blow up (since character 1 and numeric 1 have different binary representations).

But that wouldn't catch invalid dates such as month = 2, day = 30. A regex can do that in a single line.

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
But that wouldn't catch invalid dates such as month = 2, day = 30. A regex can do that in a single line.

Perhaps. But they aren't using a regex, they're using javascript's comparison operators, which makes it strange (That requires parsing). (I loaded the javascript file because at least javascript will be sort of english, as opposed to stuff I can't read).

Ryo
Apr 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
Didn't get in today's wave, either. Anybody have any better fortunes?

Pyrii
Apr 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
Nope. no PSO2 beta for me.

ClothoBuer
Apr 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
You can take me off the list, I just got my invite, and running the downloader right now.

Leg3nd348
Apr 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
I haven't gotten in myself which makes me a sad turtle. But I must thank OP for this thread. I've gone from feeling like the 5th century leper of the forums to the nerdy kid in PE class who can't stop hyperventilating from utter fear of "being that last picked".

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 11:58 PM
I haven't gotten in myself which makes me a sad turtle. But I must thank OP for this thread. I've gone from feeling like the 5th century leper of the forums to the nerdy kid in PE class who can't stop hyperventilating from utter fear of "being that last picked".

OMG lmfao. That was too great, and now I feel even worse about not being in the beta. thanks! D:

Aumi
Apr 16, 2012, 02:33 AM
I was in alpha 2 and got 3 characters to level 12, but I haven't yet gotten a mail for the closed beta. I'm slightly worried, so I would like to know whether anyone else is in the same situation as me...

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
Well, I got in at 5:03 AM PST, downloading the client now!

Pyrii
Apr 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
Seems the e-mail finally hit my mailbox. Was a coincidence because I finally started up the PSO2CC to finish off Piro.

▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽▼▽

『ファンタシースターオンライン2』クローズドβテスト当選のお知らせ

△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△▲△

RocSage
Apr 16, 2012, 07:41 AM
darn...no invite but anyone want to trade...I got a cheaper auto coverage email at the same time an invite would have come!

Mag-X
Apr 16, 2012, 08:00 AM
It seemed to me like they sent out invites to alpha testers in the first round. You might want to check your spam folder.

Have you tried just logging into http://pso2.jp/cbt/

Aumi
Apr 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
I am a complete moron, am I not? I totally forgot that the mail account connected to my SEGA ID is one of my secondary mail accounts... I have gotten the mail. xD

DarkShadowX
Apr 16, 2012, 08:57 AM
I sadly did not get in, went to sign up today only to realize I missed the chance to register by a day :( Oh well, still haven't run the benchmark so I don't even know if my PC can handle it.

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
I am a complete moron, am I not? I totally forgot that the mail account connected to my SEGA ID is one of my secondary mail accounts... I have gotten the mail. xD

I'm very glad! I was hoping you'd get in!

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
I sadly did not get in, went to sign up today only to realize I missed the chance to register by a day :( Oh well, still haven't run the benchmark so I don't even know if my PC can handle it.

Honestly, if your PC is from the last three years and has anything other than an Intel chip for graphics, you should be able to run this at least on minimum settings.

drmcst45
Apr 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
I kinda regret not signing up for the beta now =( hopefully i can find someone with a live stream of their beta

Rhypht
Apr 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
I unfortunately am not in either. What I would have done to get a beta account....

FivepuLse
Apr 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
I got in. w00t.

Helix183
Apr 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
I got my email this morning! Soooo happyyy! :D:D:D

dooby613
Apr 16, 2012, 01:34 PM
still haven't gotten my invite and when I try to log into my sega ID it says there is a problem with the password or username. Gettin' a little worried.

Metsume
Apr 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
I got my e-mail after work today! :)

Don't give up; there is hope!

I kinda regret not signing up for the beta now =( hopefully i can find someone with a live stream of their beta
How do you go about streaming the beta for people to see? I wouldn't mind doing that.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
How do you do that..?

Zinaida
Apr 16, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm still not in. I figure if I don't get invited by 8AM EST on the 18th I'll just ignore PSO2 until the OBT comes out.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm still not in. I figure if I don't get invited by 8AM EST on the 18th I'll just ignore PSO2 until the OBT comes out.
Id go with plan 2.

Macman
Apr 16, 2012, 02:24 PM
Scratch me off the list. My pessimism paid off.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
Scratch me off the list. My pessimism paid off.
What?

Xaeris
Apr 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm not in there yet. There's still hope, but I have to be honest: it's getting dim.

Ioriya
Apr 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
lol I'm pretty sure he knows everything we're talking about. I don't think he's stupid. He just found a really stupid way to spend his time.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if he thought Phantasy Star was spelled with an "F," or didn't know anything else about the series...

Anyways, does anyone know how I would go about streaming the beta when it comes out?

Livestream, Justin.tv, etc..

I never used any of them though. My upload bandwidth is pretty bad.

Skyly
Apr 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
Signed up on 3/28 non alpha and got my email today. 5:02 am to be exact

Metsume
Apr 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Livestream, Justin.tv, etc..

I never used any of them though. My upload bandwidth is pretty bad.
Yeah, mine's not spectacular, either...

And thanks. :) I completely forgot about Justin.tv. I'll look into it before the beta comes out.

CapitalG
Apr 16, 2012, 03:48 PM
Don't tell me we had to sign up for the newsletter in order to be considered. If so, then I guess I'm sitting this one out. :(

Pluupy
Apr 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
I wonder if the game will have region-lock during release. Did Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe have region-lock?

Metsume
Apr 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think so, honestly.

I'm pretty sure people in the US were playing PSO Ver 1/Ver 2 on Dreamcast and even PSO Episode 1&2 on GameCube when they were first released in Japan.

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think so, honestly.

I'm pretty sure people in the US were playing PSO Ver 1/Ver 2 on Dreamcast and even PSO Episode 1&2 on GameCube when they were first released in Japan.

There was no region lock. I imported PSO and PSU on DC and PC, respectively and never had any issues.

SLASHXGEAR
Apr 16, 2012, 04:11 PM
I hope i get in i signed up on 4/11 seems like time is running out for me to win my golden ticket in

Kazzi
Apr 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder if the game will have region-lock during release. Did Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe have region-lock?

Dreamcast version and PC versions weren't region locked. The Gamecube one was however but it was incredibly easy to bypass by chipping or using a freeloader. I have no idea regarding the xbox version though.

Phantasy Star Universe on the PS2 was region locked, but as always the PC one wasn't locked.

Metsume
Apr 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, that's right. I nearly forgot about the GameCube version needing some sort of chip.

Yeah, I was pretty sure the Dreamcast version was not region-locked.

Unfortunately, the JP version of PSU on the 360 is region-locked, as well.

Dimascus
Apr 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
Do you need to be signed up for the newsletter as well to be considered for the beta?

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
Oh, that's right. I nearly forgot about the GameCube version needing some sort of chip.

Unfortunately, the JP version of PSU on the 360 is region-locked, as well.

The consoles themselves were region-locked, but the online portion of the game had no type of restriction.

Xenobia
Apr 16, 2012, 06:33 PM

[spoiler-box]Not necessarely, you could have used Freeloader or simply use a JP switch on a US cube, but doesnt work for EU cube. Pretty much every Nintendo console was able to be modded in several ways. The only true issue is, that the memory had a different format for JP, so you had to use dedicated memory for JP only. Well, when Freeloader used, no different format, but it have to be booted up every time the game is started...

As far as i know Dreamcast was region locked, but it was very easy using a 4 wire chip, or simply DC-X or Xplod(r)er. I even knew legit players using it, but they did only use in order to boot up.

Although i never used it because i had a JP cube and i used a PAL version of PSO V.2.

[/spoiler-box]

LK1721
Apr 16, 2012, 06:57 PM
I woke up this morning to find that looooveeely e-mail sitting in my inbox, I just hope I will have time to play between studying for exams and other related BS.

Xenobia
Apr 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
One moment: This topic is about not having it.

Which is me for example, 2 possible IDs still no invite yet.

Still think doing that topic is pointless unless 19. has passed. And i get it anyway, so i will have to edit that one.

LK1721
Apr 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
One moment: This topic is about not having it.

Which is me for example, 2 possible IDs still no invite yet.

Still think doing that topic is pointless unless 19. has passed. And i get it anyway, so i will have to edit that one.
I know this.

I'm stating essentially that my name is no longer on this list, as it was before. (A handful of pages back)

Xenobia
Apr 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
I would like to know a accurate statistics. Its hard when people put so many yes, no, yes, no everywhere..
I dont think Sega will officially release any statistics regarding that matter. However, they are great at providing accurate ingame statistics.

Or wait, i know something better, i simply will create a Poll when 19. has endet where we will vote who was in/out, every bit of info i wish to know because Sega will just hide it.

LK1721
Apr 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Delete it. I would like to know a accurate statistics. Its hard when people put so many yes, no, yes, no everywhere..
I dont think Sega will release any statistics officialy regarding that matter. However, they are great at providing accurate ingame statistics.
Edited my original post.

Xenobia
Apr 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
Nah its ok.. much easyer just to make a vote poll when 19. has passed.

RocSage
Apr 16, 2012, 07:23 PM
Dreamcast version and PC versions weren't region locked. The Gamecube one was however but it was incredibly easy to bypass by chipping or using a freeloader. I have no idea regarding the xbox version though.

Phantasy Star Universe on the PS2 was region locked, but as always the PC one wasn't locked.

Almost all consoles are region locked so why even discuss it?

PSO ep1 & 2 on DreamCast, even though it was region locked, connected to all servers around the globe so you could connect and play with anyone on any server. So you could play on the Japanese servers or the European servers without any kinda of cracking/hacking.

PSO ep1 was free in the US, but not in Japan. Ep 2 added a charge and was complained about greatly in the US, but it was pointed out that the JP have been paying since day 1 so it is kinda dumb to be complaining.

When PSO released on other systems they made it so that you could only play with those in your region and on your console. The reason for this has been speculated to be because of some sort of backlash against SEGA for unfair treatment and Xenophobic hatred on one or both sides.

Metsume
Apr 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
[spoiler-box]Not necessarely, you could have used Freeloader or simply use a JP switch on a US cube, but doesnt work for EU cube. Pretty much every Nintendo console was able to be modded in several ways. The only true issue is, that the memory had a different format for JP, so you had to use dedicated memory for JP only. Well, when Freeloader used, no different format, but it have to be booted up every time the game is started...

As far as i know Dreamcast was region locked, but it was very easy using a 4 wire chip, or simply DC-X or Xplod(r)er. I even knew legit players using it, but they did only use in order to boot up.

Although i never used it because i had a JP cube and i used a PAL version of PSO V.2.

[/spoiler-box]

Almost all consoles are region locked so why even discuss it?

PSO ep1 & 2 on DreamCast, even though it was region locked, connected to all servers around the globe so you could connect and play with anyone on any server. So you could play on the Japanese servers or the European servers without any kinda of cracking/hacking.

PSO ep1 was free in the US, but not in Japan. Ep 2 added a charge and was complained about greatly in the US, but it was pointed out that the JP have been paying since day 1 so it is kinda dumb to be complaining.

When PSO released on other systems they made it so that you could only play with those in your region and on your console. The reason for this has been speculated to be because of some sort of backlash against SEGA for unfair treatment and Xenophobic hatred on one or both sides.
Hmmm...

This is all really interesting about the region-locks on the consoles and such. Now that I think about it, it does make sense that the Dreamcasts themselves were region-locked, but not the server each version (US/JP) was dedicated to.

I really wish I got into PSO back on Dreamcast... For whatever reason, it flew over my head as I was playing every other great DC game back then. I think it was because, if I did hear about it, I knew my parents wouldn't pay monthly for me to be able to play. :/

I should have offered to clean the entire house, everyday. Something. hahah

RocSage
Apr 16, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hmmm...

This is all really interesting about the region-locks on the consoles and such. Now that I think about it, it does make sense that the Dreamcasts themselves were region-locked, but not the server each version (US/JP) was dedicated to.

I really wish I got into PSO back on Dreamcast... For whatever reason, it flew over my head as I was playing every other great DC game back then. I think it was because, if I did hear about it, I knew my parents wouldn't pay monthly for me to be able to play. :/

I got DC PSO day 1... Walked into the shopped and asked for it, having not reserved it, and got the last copy available. Was one of the first people to lvl 100. I remember spending a lot of time messing with free net providers because they'd turn up and die frequently and I was never in the position to pay for it. The biggest price came from the phone bill ^.^

PSO was a must have for me at the time, but i didn't reserve copies, so I got extremely lucky. I also could only play online during the weekends, but the collecting of rares was just so thralling, especially in the action oriented sci-fi setting. I never really cared that it was basically the same 4 levels over and over again because you're always doing something in the game...

It was actually that factor that led me to stop playing after so long. In the X-Box version I collected every rare in the game and my stats were maxed... Only got up to around lvl 160 or 180, but since my stats were maxed and i could use all the armor there wasn't much point in continuing.

but I would bet that the GC/X-Box version was split from the DC version because there were things that changed that were incompatible. While the X-Box and GC were split because of Microsoft Server policies that Sony and Microsoft still haven't figured it out yet it seems... The separation between American and Japanese servers likely had to do with the evolution of the communities which was mostly the fault of poor management on the side of SoJ. Hacking + Irate community + acting badly towards japanese players = separation. The reason they haven't recombined them yet is because they likely feel that the two communities haven't changed in the decade since... Since both of the 2 times the global thing has been tried it hasn't gone all that well.

Konola
Apr 16, 2012, 10:24 PM
but I would bet that the GC/X-Box version was split from the DC version because there were things that changed that were incompatible.

There is proof that the GC , DC, and PC are all compatible with each other. The Xbox could also be compatible if one could bypass Xbox live.

RocSage
Apr 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
There is proof that the GC , DC, and PC are all compatible with each other. The Xbox could also be compatible if one could bypass Xbox live.

They are incompatible in some design elements and not so much that they don't work together... Like Lavis Cannon drops from enemies in the GC version, while the drop charts I don't think could be changed in the DC version. There are also a few droppable items in the GC/x-Box version that would get you banned in the DC version. which I don't remember how exactly that worked. Another thing was the Orotiagito and the Books. They were slightly changed so the design elements would have left the DC players with an inferior product and would have caused confusion and such.

Also I forget but weren't the servers for the DC version shut down before the launch of x-box/GC version?

Also I believe that the x-box version were on microsoft servers and not on Sega servers.

Xenobia
Apr 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
Right, now i have to edit it, because the stuff i already knew did just happen... inside beta.

DC compatibe with GC? I dont know how that could possibly work. On GC there was upgraded areas and content, while many of the attributes and many critical system elements got completly changed, the difference is just to high. Even the resta spell had a complete different effect on GC, its simply not possible to make stuff like that compatible out of the box.

Konola
Apr 17, 2012, 02:39 PM
They are incompatible in some design elements and not so much that they don't work together... Like Lavis Cannon drops from enemies in the GC version, while the drop charts I don't think could be changed in the DC version. There are also a few droppable items in the GC/x-Box version that would get you banned in the DC version. which I don't remember how exactly that worked. Another thing was the Orotiagito and the Books. They were slightly changed so the design elements would have left the DC players with an inferior product and would have caused confusion and such.

Also I forget but weren't the servers for the DC version shut down before the launch of x-box/GC version?

Also I believe that the x-box version were on microsoft servers and not on Sega servers.

I would link you to the proof but that could cause a bit of controversy, just take my word that right now those three consoles can play with each other, granted there are issues but for the sake of compatibility most of the bad stuff has been fixed.

Xbox connects to Xbox live and then forwarded to a Sega server.

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
I know for sure that the PC and GC where and was able to play with EU and JP player's too. Not sure about the DC with it since it was discontinued a little after GC came into the picture. And didn't JP player's have 1 yr of free game play all pay'd for by the Priz. of Sega back then?( state's that in the wiki ).

Randomness
Apr 17, 2012, 07:00 PM
To bring this topic back on...

Still in limbo.

Xenobia
Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
[spoiler-box]

I can fully understand you, it was hard for me to get my hand on a credit card at that time... i was almost same situation such as you. I am happy that we finally are implementing a different shape.[/spoiler-box]

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
16 hours left and still no invite. I am convinced the randomness of the universe hates me. *nod*

Dark1422
Apr 18, 2012, 10:09 AM
You and me both

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
never give up hope!

EvilMag
Apr 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not in.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
It's the 19th in Japan, no invite for me. I'm seriously worried I didn't check something I was supposed to check now.

Hopefully they continue sending invites until the start of the beta, but...

r00tabaga
Apr 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
No PC yet. I was gonna use my kid's PC and apply for the CB but the benchmark he got was laughable. "Wayu-type" laughable! lol-

Golto
Apr 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
No beta for me either.

Vashyron
Apr 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
Those that signed up and got no E-Mail there would be no harm in trying out if you can sign in the CBT site: http://pso2.jp/cbt/ In case potentially the mail got "lost." (Make sure username has no Caps.)

Goes even more to the people who got to level 10 in the 2nd Alpha and didn't get anything.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
Those that signed up and got no E-Mail there would be no harm in trying out if you can sign in the CBT site: http://pso2.jp/cbt/ In case potentially the mail got "lost." (Make sure username has no Caps.)

Goes even more to the people who got to level 10 in the 2nd Alpha and didn't get anything.

Yeah, no mail, but it let me log in and grab downloader. (Thank god for URLs being in english!)

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 AM
Here's a stupid theory...that is somewhat implied in the official blog

What if the "invites" were just a way to spread out the download and not actually invites to the beta And everyone who signed up gets access.

They usually do that in place of an open beta if they don't intend on having an open beta and they almost never do it unless it is near the end of the beta cycle, but maybe that's what they're doing.

Could also be a Sega ID server bug, but here's "hoping"

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 18, 2012, 11:45 AM

What if the "invites" were just a way to spread out the download and not actually invites to the beta And everyone who signed up gets access.

They usually do that in place of an open beta if they don't intend on having an open beta and they almost never do it unless it is near the end of the beta cycle, but maybe that's what they're doing.

then we'd all have a happy ending ^0^

Mike
Apr 18, 2012, 08:19 PM
Spreading out the invites was to reduce stress on the servers but I don't think we'd know if everybody got in unless we were told.

Pluupy
Apr 18, 2012, 10:12 PM

Nono, Roc this is gold. Your statement gives me hope and deserves to be Conspiracy Keanu'd.

http://i42.tinypic.com/30ms29c.jpg

Dimascus
Apr 19, 2012, 01:17 AM
45 mins till the beta starts and I got my email! WHAT? Love SEGA!

Pinocchio
Apr 19, 2012, 01:30 AM
I got the client without the confirmation email, but i just got my Cbt invitation 2 min ago :D

8BitGinno
Apr 19, 2012, 01:36 AM
Oh man. A few people in our PSO-World IRC chat just got some invites too!

Only less than an hour left till the beta and Sega send another wave of invites, haha..

Pluupy
Apr 19, 2012, 02:47 AM
Yeah I JUST got my invitation. Weird.

EvilMag
Apr 19, 2012, 02:48 AM
I just got mine as well.

But I won't be able to play. :( PC can't run it. Gonna try my Dad's laptop tomorrow to see if that will run it.

Golto
Apr 19, 2012, 07:08 AM
Wow I just got my email invite, did everyone who signed up get an invite?

Titan
Apr 19, 2012, 07:17 AM
Wow I just got my email invite, did everyone who signed up get an invite?

Nope, I got nothing.

No Alpha 1 with 2 codes (I gave them away but those 2 didn't earn)
No Alpha 2
No Beta

SolRiver
Apr 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
I registered on april 15th

was going to post about not getting into beta... but I think I just got in!