PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Problem

Nyfe
Apr 14, 2012, 11:03 PM
pso2.exe has stopped working. Is what the pop-up says.

I've set all of the settings as low as they can be and I've tried re-installing it... sadly neither had worked. Any suggestions? Help? ^^;

EDIT:
Specs and OS-
CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor (~3 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
GPU:Nividia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM:2gb

BWS-1
Apr 14, 2012, 11:14 PM
Could be related to either being in Fullscreen or windowed mode? Do you have more than one monitor? Maybe windowed mode would work.

Nyfe
Apr 14, 2012, 11:16 PM
Could be related to either being in Fullscreen or windowed mode? Do you have more than one monitor? Maybe windowed mode would work.

I do in fact have two monitors, but I set it to windowed mode so it shouldn't be a problem?

Mag-X
Apr 14, 2012, 11:47 PM
Tell us what your computers specs are and your OS.

Brimcon
Apr 15, 2012, 12:35 AM
Are you running Mumble?

Nyfe
Apr 15, 2012, 01:41 AM
Tell us what your computers specs are and your OS.

Right, how could I have forgotten to post my specs ^^;

CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor (~3 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
GPU:Nividia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM:2gb

Are you running Mumble?

Nope, nor Vent, nor TS3

Kinsei
Apr 15, 2012, 05:14 AM
Huh. I'm having this same problem. Had no issues running the Alpha 2 client, though...

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00 GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
RAM: 4 GB

I have the program in windowed mode. I haven't really messed with any settings aside from the screen size. The program itself starts up fine, but when it starts up either the benchmark or character creator, it gives me that error.

EDIT: Nevermind. On a second check of the settings, switching the shader setting fixed the problem.

Nyfe
Apr 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
EDIT: Nevermind. On a second check of the settings, switching the shader setting fixed the problem.

I've changed my shader to the lowest setting, still hasn't worked :-?

BWS-1
Apr 15, 2012, 12:04 PM
Does fullscreen or trying to disable/run-with-one-monitor-plugged-in-only work? You definitly seem to have enough, hardware-wise, to handle the thing... it has to be something conflicting with the software but what x.x

Propeller
Apr 19, 2012, 03:15 PM
I'm also having this problem, and I'm running it on Windows XP Media with 4gigs of ram. I tried the lowest settings and no matter what I set it to it crashes and gives me the error.

Nyfe
Apr 19, 2012, 08:27 PM
I've solved the problem, turns out my window mode's size was to big for my computer, so I have it set to the smallest one and it works great! Sadly... thats the only way it runs, other than full screen... but I dislike full screen with a passion.

Propeller
Apr 19, 2012, 09:37 PM
I've solved the problem, turns out my window mode's size was to big for my computer, so I have it set to the smallest one and it works great! Sadly... thats the only way it runs, other than full screen... but I dislike full screen with a passion.

Is that all that you needed to do to fix it? I even upgraded to x64 Windows 7 Ultimate earlier today and it still doesn't work. I've tried everything including 640*480 on window mode and it still crashes every time I go to start it. My computer has all of the latest drivers and everything. I just don't know what's preventing it from working, which sucks because I really want to make some cool characters. :-x

Nyfe
Apr 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
Update:
It was working before and I managed to make a few characters and save them- then when I closed the program and tried to open it up later today... it stopped working *again*
the settings are all the same and everything :-?