PDA

View Full Version : Beta Client Error

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
So, has anyone else had a persistent thing with the beta client crashing after a short period of time? Here's the error I get:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/kyuuketsuki02/PSO2betaerror.png

Please please please tell me I'm not the only one having this issue and it's just because it's expecting a connection to the servers or something... ><

Randomness
Apr 15, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's something about servers.

One of the people who knows Japanese is bound to drop in eventually.

Aiex
Apr 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
I'm getting the same error. Unfortunately it doesn't say anything helpful. It just says that an unexpected error occurred. I gather that not everybody is getting this error because I saw somebody post a video of the credits in another thread, so I don't think it's related to the servers.

•Col•
Apr 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
I'm getting the same error. Unfortunately it doesn't say anything helpful. It just says that an unexpected error occurred. I gather that not everybody is getting this error because I saw somebody post a video of the credits in another thread, so I don't think it's related to the servers.

You can get around the server error by disconnecting your pc from the internet(so the client can't connect the servers in the first place, lol).

Yeah not a 100% sure, but I'm going with Randomness. I'm thinking it might be the server error too. Well I guess you could find out if it is the error. Disconnect your pc from the internet and start up the client and see if you still get the error.

Aiex
Apr 15, 2012, 01:28 PM
I get this error with my internet connection disabled. I'm going to try some stuff and see what I can figure out. The error happens roughly 30 seconds after starting the game. You can do whatever you want during that time, but then it crashes.

Aiex
Apr 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
I figured it out. It's really simple.

1. Disable your network adapter
2. Star the launcher
3. Enable your network adapter
4. Launch the game

The 想定外 error occurs because contact hasn't been made with gameguard. Re-enabling your network adapter after starting the launcher will allow gameguard to install the updates it needs and run in the background.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
I figured it out. It's really simple.

1. Disable your network adapter
2. Star the launcher
3. Enable your network adapter
4. Launch the game

The 想定外 error occurs because contact hasn't been made with gameguard. Re-enabling your network adapter after starting the launcher will allow gameguard to install the updates it needs and run in the background.
Ah, makes sense. Stupid gameguard. Thanks Aiex.

Gama
Apr 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
gameguard... we meet again....