PDA

View Full Version : Client crashes in the character creation demo

Coatl
Apr 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Ok so, I am using Windows 7, and the client crashes when I try to make my character or when picking any option.

Though my friend also uses Windows 7 and is making his character as we speak..so that's probably not the problem.

Would anyone know what is?

kyuuketsuki
Apr 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
Is there an error message?

Coatl
Apr 15, 2012, 08:48 PM
"It says pso2.exe has stopped working"
It tries to find a solution but ultimately it just leaves me to close it.

EDIT:
I realized that if I put graphics to 1 it doesn't do this..
But the character creation looks hideous now..

I hope this isn't the only way to fix this. ._.

goldwing
Apr 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
I have that prob to so far only solution is that. Tho im still looking. If i find anything ill b sure to let you know.

Nurusanura
Apr 15, 2012, 09:17 PM

EDIT:

Perhaps your drivers need updating, have you also tried a re-install?

Ark22
Apr 15, 2012, 09:19 PM

EDIT:

Put your settings to one then go to the 4th tab then in the right box check the top option.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2012, 09:44 PM
Perhaps your drivers need updating, have you also tried a re-install?

Not yet, doing so now. I'll edit my post accordingly.
EDIT:
After re-installing it I still get the same crash.

Put your settings to one then go to the 4th tab then in the right box check the top option.

I'm not sure what that did, but after I did that and started up the game it crashed all the same.

Coatl
Apr 15, 2012, 11:52 PM
Something I noticed.
Setting the graphical bar to 5 and but making putting on high resolution but shadowing off lets the game run, but there is no difference shown from these settings and say putting the graphics bar to 1 and setting resolution to compressed.

As soon as shadow is turned on the game just crashes durign the character creation.

goldwing
Apr 15, 2012, 11:57 PM
Im thinking its our grafix card

Blueblur
Apr 16, 2012, 06:46 AM
Does the client crash when alt+tabbing for anyone else? I have it set to 1920 x 1080 Fullscreen and it crashes if I try to alt+tab to Firefox or anything else.

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
Does the client crash when alt+tabbing for anyone else? I have it set to 1920 x 1080 Fullscreen and it crashes if I try to alt+tab to Firefox or anything else.

That happens to me, sir.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Yes this is an issue with the full screen. If you want to alt tab, you have to use window mode or the (now hidden) borderless full-screen window option. The issue is fixed in the beta client.

Blueblur
Apr 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
Yes this is an issue with the full screen. If you want to alt tab, you have to use window mode or the (now hidden) borderless full-screen window option. The issue is fixed in the beta client.

Thank you for the clarification.