PDA

View Full Version : What weapon guy/gal will you be?

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Personally, I prefer Knuckles. I am hoping the grab mechanic goes for them so I can slam baddies on the GROUND!

Kazzi
Apr 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
I really enjoyed the Wired Lance and Gunslash in the Alpha. But I'm looking forward to trying out the partisan!

BIG OLAF
Apr 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
I don't even know what they have in the game. I never bothered to look it up.

It also depends on the PAs of each weapon type.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
I guess im not up-to-date on the Weapons, but, are fists even gonna be in the game?

OTHER then, unarmed?

and if so, Will they be in Beta?

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
I believe some Knuckles PAs were revealed in a UI leak.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
UI? Whats that?

And I LOVE fists. Thats awesome.

Brimcon
Apr 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
Launcher or Sniper Rifles. Mostly Launchers, and if I have to change class for em, or can.. Axes.. Axes everywhere.

Aiex
Apr 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cards for me. I can't wait to see all the strategies they bring about. There's a lot room for creativity.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
If they exist, Dual Sabers or Daggers. If not, I'll figure it out if and when I can play this.

BIG OLAF
Apr 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
Actually, for me, it really doesn't matter what weapon 'types' there are. I'll be using them all at first, and probably continue to. It's best to have a varied attack style.

Golto
Apr 16, 2012, 03:39 PM
Guns, guns, and more guns for me. I'm interested how twin mechguns will work in pso2 the most so far. Maybe a bullet burst PA?

Rei-San
Apr 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
Rei- Kenjutsu practicer. Will try to use Nihontous if they have any in the game. But an all out swordsman.

Keori- She's like an acrotecher, so I'll make her use more acrobatic weapon classes like Wired lances and knuckles.

Mana- Black mage

Yuki- Gunslinger

Harumi- White Mage

Oboro- Ninja

Long-Wei- Martial Artist

Misto
Apr 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
UI? Whats that?

And I LOVE fists. Thats awesome.

This (http://bit.ly/HSPDUO) should probably help.

I'm not entirely certain on what I want to use. I think I probably need to do some research on them, but I think since I want to go as a Force it will likely be a weapon within that range.

Gilbert_Deming
Apr 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
This (http://bit.ly/HSPDUO) should probably help.

I'm not entirely certain on what I want to use. I think I probably need to do some research on them, but I think since I want to go as a Force it will likely be a weapon within that range.
Thanks.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Actually, for me, it really doesn't matter what weapon 'types' there are. I'll be using them all at first, and probably continue to. It's best to have a varied attack style.

pretty much this. i'll use them all until i figure out which one i personally think gets the job done best. more than likely though, different situations will call for different weapons.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cards for me. I can't wait to see all the strategies they bring about. There's a lot room for creativity.

This, I'm curious how intricate they'll be.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 04:34 PM
This, I'm curious how intricate they'll be.

the gameplay video showing talis was pretty sweet. i was surprised at how the further up you tossed the card the larger your aoe was for that aoe zonde attack. it also makes me wonder about long range resta. you could like snipe people to resta them if you're all the way across the map or something.

i honestly thought that if you tossed it too high it would have some kind of limit on the vertical range that aoe zonde could reach, but it just went all the way down to the ground lol. i was impressed.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 16, 2012, 04:39 PM
Although it'd probably be harmful to exclude weapon types from my characters' palettes for the sake of RP, my characters would definitely have signature weapons:

HUmaz: Daggers. Normally, they're a weapon wielded by assassins and nutjobs. But (for some reason) in PSO, they're a dignified weapon that demand acrobatic prowess. If they don't have daggers, maybe I'd substitute another lightweight weapon like Wired Lances.
RAmaz: Launchers and any other types of guns that are generally big and explosive. When Maz wants to just blast the living snot out of his enemies, he goes Ranger and whips out a cannon bigger than his own body.
FOmaz: Cards. Maz seems more like the kind of caster that would throw around remedies, buffs, debuffs, and status effects to screw with his enemies rather than unleashing the unbridled fury of the elements.

BROcast: Rods, Gunslashes, whatever's the melee weapon of choice for melee Forces.
Isa: Rifles and Gunslashes. Every soldier worth their salt keeps a rifle on hand... until they get disarmed. Then they need a trusty sidearm.
Azalea: Rods, the traditional weapon for a world-breaking spellcaster.
F7667 Killbot: Swords, a prime weapon for hacking apart bodies in a single stroke.

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
Are they going to have just plain one-handed sabers like they did in PSO? I haven't seen a single one, but I loved them. Gunslash looks really interesting too, though. I wanna try those out.

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
the gameplay video showing talis was pretty sweet. i was surprised at how the further up you tossed the card the larger your aoe was for that aoe zonde attack. it also makes me wonder about long range resta. you could like snipe people to resta them if you're all the way across the map or something.

i honestly thought that if you tossed it too high it would have some kind of limit on the vertical range that aoe zonde could reach, but it just went all the way down to the ground lol. i was impressed.

Can you post the video that showed Talis footage?

Ce'Nedra
Apr 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
No clue yet but I love claws. I will try out the new weapons though. Didn't like partisans much in pso but I might enjoy them in pso2.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Can you post the video that showed Talis footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rqFjlM3ZA&list=UU5oseuk3miDY4gsFfEh4ueA&index=4&feature=plcp

starts around 3:00

thing i talk about (larger aoe zonde attack) is at 3:08

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 05:00 PM
HOLY SHIT.

I can totally see myself using nothing but cards. One sec, gotta make a newman look now in char creator.

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Del. I honestly find using Techs with bare hands a lot more cooler than with a weapon. But we need the benefits of weaponry in order for the Techniques to be strong.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 05:02 PM
lol honestly for some reason i thought everybody on this forum would have watched like every video available about pso2

here i was thinking we all spent a needlessly large amount of time thinking/ reading/watching up on pso2 but

maybe its just me who goes that far oh no

@griffin yeah rods add more damage but man i like the versatility of the cards. that aoe is nice

Dinosaur
Apr 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Twin Dagger + Double Saber is going to be the SHIT in this game.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
Was that... was that cast RIDING a launcher?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
Was that... was that cast RIDING a launcher?

yes. i predict launcher only group speedruns.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 05:27 PM

Didn't look particularly fast, but it is kind of funny.

Alex Longstride
Apr 16, 2012, 05:34 PM
Probably a mix between Partizan and Wired Lances. Full damage dealing build; my character is based off of me IRL (I was a Bodan [black-belt candidate] in Taekwondo), and I doubt I'd be a good meat shield... Especially if I go HUdewm.

•Col•
Apr 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
Partizan for large groups of enemies. Gunslash for single enemies.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
Didn't look particularly fast, but it is kind of funny.

the way it tilts when you turn makes me lol the most

ClothoBuer
Apr 16, 2012, 05:45 PM

It's likely a short-range movement PA, rather than an actual ride-able ability. But in terms of weapons, for my Ranger, Twin Mechs and Rifles, never been a fan of Launchers. For my Hunter, Partizans and Wired Lances, maybe a Sword if I find a really cool-looking one. And for the Force, Cards, plain and simple.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 16, 2012, 06:01 PM
I am very fond of the Class Dragoon in the Final Fantasy series, so I like using Lances most of the time, even in PSO/PSU ;p

Dinosaur
Apr 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
If you can go straight and roll cancel that rocket riding PA, then I guess I'll meet you at the boss room!

zelda_king3
Apr 16, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'm hoping that they have double sabers or twin blades in the Beta.
If not, then I'll stick with partizans and gunslash.

AC9breaker
Apr 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
RAcast. Dedicated range.

Nurusanura
Apr 16, 2012, 07:52 PM
Personally, I prefer Knuckles. I am hoping the grab mechanic goes for them so I can slam baddies on the GROUND!

Yes! I love knuckle weapons! :)

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 08:13 PM
Yes! I love knuckle weapons! :)

*high fives with Knuckles on hand*

Clessy
Apr 16, 2012, 08:37 PM
If they've got some sort of small single saber thats the way I'll go. I hate big swords and dual sabers aint ever been great. Does it have the saber + blaster option like psu or is it strickly like pso?

CapitalG
Apr 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Always been a fan of swords, so any sword variety will do.

NoiseHERO
Apr 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
I liked knuckles before they were cool...

BWS-1
Apr 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
One-hand sabers, partisans and daggers. Swords too maybe. I like swords.

Since sabers also have range capabilities embedded into them... I guess I won't be going to need anything else!

Hunter all the way; melee all the way.

*cough*with the occasional gun-blade action*cough*

LaMBtRon
Apr 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm not really sure what weps pso2 has, but I'm in looking forward to Axes, and knucks if they make an apperance. If not, the Ranger weps look pretty sick.

Angelo
Apr 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
Axe.... make it happen, Sega.

SpishackCola
Apr 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
Battle/assault rifles mainly on my RA. Though I'd love it if spreads and dual handguns make a return.

For my HU, probably partisan and gunslash. I will probably give wired lances a try until dual sabers (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) are put in.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
Launchers all the way. I nearly peed myself when I saw them in one of the videos posted here.

Merumeru
Apr 16, 2012, 11:13 PM
XP I really want axe, but from what I heard, they're not out; if Partisan will be out, I guess I'll use that, I just really don't like 2H sword much although I'm sure the base strength will be awesome (not as good as an axe though X/)

Skye-Fox713
Apr 16, 2012, 11:53 PM
As my main will be a ranger I'll probably be using a wide variety of guns, probably mostly a rifle though I really like how they have turned out for pso2 and I can't wait to see how the twin mechguns will function.

If they've got some sort of small single saber thats the way I'll go. I hate big swords and dual sabers aint ever been great. Does it have the saber + blaster option like psu or is it strickly like pso?

They have a gun sword aka "Gunslash" i think which is probably what your looking for.

goldwing
Apr 16, 2012, 11:56 PM
imma twin dag kinda guy, tho im sure it wont be in beta ill stick with wird lances

BWS-1
Apr 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
XP I really want axe, but from what I heard, they're not out; if Partisan will be out, I guess I'll use that, I just really don't like 2H sword much although I'm sure the base strength will be awesome (not as good as an axe though X/)

Might end up as a saber-type or sword-type rare with the model of an axe? Ya know, like Victor Axe (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?artid=93&op=viewarticle).

Zinaida
Apr 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!

So yeah, knuckles.

Zorafim
Apr 17, 2012, 01:45 PM
Same as always: Lance and daggers as a hunter. At least, on Levia. For the other classes, I'll have to experiment with what I want. Though Talis is topping the list so far on force. I'm kinda hoping for wand and shield again, that looked really neat last time.

Apostosis
Apr 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sword > Twin saber > Wired Lance

Something like that, I really hope to find a better looking sword.

goldwing
Apr 17, 2012, 08:59 PM
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!

So yeah, knuckles.

lol nice gundam ref