PDA

View Full Version : English Credits

psobbpso2
Apr 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgGW9oKRWUc

Phantasy Star Online 2 Credits English - People ask me if it was a patch its not a patch its actually in the game. theres jp and theres eng.

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
We're aware, it just doesn't solidify anything.

psobbpso2
Apr 16, 2012, 05:01 PM

who said that i wanted to solidify... someone jumping the gun here. Its just english credits.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 05:02 PM

Well, actually it does.

It means they intend for the game to be played by English speakers.

Griffin
Apr 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
who said that i wanted to solidify... someone jumping the gun here. Its just english credits.

Touche, but relax, because it's not like I was being hostile. :/

Ryo
Apr 16, 2012, 05:24 PM
There's a localization option in the beta launcher, too; but Japanese is the only option.

Ioriya
Apr 16, 2012, 05:30 PM
Nah.

I think Sega over at Japan is just flaunting their english writing skills

ClothoBuer
Apr 16, 2012, 05:37 PM
Well, actually it does.

It means they intend for the game to be played by English speakers.

It's not unheard-of for a Japanese game to list their credits in English, but it is rare. I'd say this improves the odds of a US release, but doesn't confirm it.

Vashyron
Apr 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
It's not unheard-of for a Japanese game to list their credits in English, but it is rare. I'd say this improves the odds of a US release, but doesn't confirm it.

There is both Japanese and English credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5lJf3fiYE&

Another thing look at the ending Sega Logo. Dark Blue, only used in regions outside of Japan. Where as in the Japanese one it's light blue.

Ark22
Apr 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
Getting release in America. When? Probably in a 3 month gap somewhere in between. Placing my bet and predicting the future.

Omega-z
Apr 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
I think it's funny that ppl say US release when it's must likely it will be a World Release since it's a Down-loadable game which is not region locked with 9 different languages in the game with Different Logo's setting's base on which option you pick'd. And using Nihongo( Japanese ) as there Test language in Alpha & Beta. There has been nothing to suggest or support that it won't have EN or any other languages at launch too.

Vashyron video credit's adds-on to this proof, since when does Japanese add in EN when they have JP already and is select-able to see which one.

Ark22
Apr 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
People just want Sega to come out and say AMERICANS YOU GOT IT. But they want to have fun and tease us but we know it will come out. :/ people just want solid evidence.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
Getting release in America. When? Probably in a 3 month gap somewhere in between. Placing my bet and predicting the future.

Maybe they'll be nice and release it simultaneously, and patch in the localization when it's done.

Ark22
Apr 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe they'll be nice and release it simultaneously, and patch in the localization when it's done.

That is what I am praying on. but knowing how big of a game this will be and it's downloadable it should come to us faster.

Pyrii
Apr 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
Well there is support for regions in the launcher code. And an language option in the settings. But I think that US/EU servers will be seperate from Japan. So they'll have to set up seperate servers/website/macrotransaction services, and knowing Sega US, these will be cheap, half-assed, and we will be at least 3 years behind the JP servers. Also EU users won't get thier own servers, so we'll be playing on super-laggy mode because we have to connect to US servers causing us to have 200+ pings.

So yeah, while support is there, it doesn't make me think anything's going to change, even with a US release.

Ark22
Apr 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
Japan server, English translation = me happy

Omega-z
Apr 16, 2012, 07:16 PM
Pyrii - SoA is not handling PSO2 at all it's going to be SoJ only and no seperate sever's.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
I was expecting something more flashy for the ending credits! Rolling text is so boring :p

Pyrii - SoA is not handling PSO2 at all it's going to be SoJ only and no seperate sever's.

And you know this because? You work for SEGA!!? I KNEW IT!!!

Yamishi
Apr 16, 2012, 07:27 PM
I think it's funny that ppl say US release when it's must likely it will be a World Release since it's a Down-loadable game which is not region locked with 9 different languages in the game with Different Logo's setting's base on which option you pick'd. And using Nihongo( Japanese ) as there Test language in Alpha & Beta. There has been nothing to suggest or support that it won't have EN or any other languages at launch too.

Vashyron video credit's adds-on to this proof, since when does Japanese add in EN when they have JP already and is select-able to see which one.

Yeah, when people say US release, they presumably mean international release, but we only have two sets of credits: JP and EN. Therefore, I'd say it's a safe bet that at least Japanese and English versions will exist.

Also, holy apostrophes, Batman! :O

Macman
Apr 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Getting release in America. When? Probably in a 3 month gap somewhere in between. Placing my bet and predicting the future.More like a year. We can't be a mere 3 months behind JP PSO2! :-P

Zaix
Apr 16, 2012, 09:39 PM
Let's not forget the Korean version of the TGS demo they had. That's 3 definite languages.

NoiseHERO
Apr 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
So why do they have english credits again?

Also what's with people still being paranoid even after seeing the mountain of evidence that this game is going to be in different languages?

Nurusanura
Apr 16, 2012, 09:44 PM

Also what's with people still being paranoid even after seeing the mountain of evidence that this game is going to be in different languages?

Its one of those "see to believe" kind of things. lol

Ark22
Apr 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
People don't know how to believe anymore.

zelda_king3
Apr 16, 2012, 10:32 PM

In my opinion, I think they included English credits and a bunch of other English stuff because of possible Hong Kong players.

English is one of the most spoken language in Hong Kong, next to Chinese and other languages.
Regardless, I personally think that PSO2 will come out in North America. Sega already expressed interest in making it an international release, but they have no plans so far for localization.

We should probably hear some news later this year.

psobbpso2
Apr 17, 2012, 05:46 AM
ive found some other interesting things i will post them when i got a chance it will probly be in video form.

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 05:53 AM

I believe it'll happen, but I'm not going to assume anything until I see an official confirmation.

Its one of those "see to believe" kind of things. lol

Head of nail, meet hammer.

People don't know how to believe anymore.

Nonsense, I believe fully that this game will be translated for us, but I'm not about to make some sort of false hope in the possibility that it doesn't. Something to consider: until it's officially announced, it may as well not be happening.

Arika
Apr 17, 2012, 06:48 AM

That was what I posted several months before too. Ever since I saw the language setting option in the first alpha test, I already came up with the same idea.

If you ask me "Why?"
I says because I played both PSO jp, PSU jp, and I never seen them put language option setting in there at all. (both PSO jp and PSU jp have US version to release later)

Now, PSO2 is the first time they did this option in jp client, so I guess they plan to use the same client for world wide. It is what "global" meant in the first teasers.

If they couldn't finish english language in time, they will just release the english version later (may be a few months) and that is it. I think it will be the same server to allow SoJ handle everything. SoJ vs SoA had too much problem back then, and they want to avoid it, so it is best to gave SoJ take control all.

Tycho
Apr 17, 2012, 08:33 AM
Internal references to lobbies: Normal, NewYearJapan, NewYearAmerica, Snow, ValentineDay, WhiteDay, GreenDay, SpringFestival, Sakura, MemorialDay, JuneBride, SonicLobby, WeaverFestival, FourthOfJuly, SummerFestival, FullMoon, SportsFesta, Halloween, ThanksgivingDay, PSO, WinterHoliday, LunarNewYear
Just sayin'

Ithildin
Apr 17, 2012, 08:45 AM
Green Day? Good band.

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Green Day? Good band.

Nice joke.

Angelo
Apr 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
Just sayin'

Promising tidbit.

r00tabaga
Apr 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
Thought there was a sticky for all NA release/English discussions. This place is need of some serious housekeeping.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
I believe it'll happen, but I'm not going to assume anything until I see an official confirmation.

Head of nail, meet hammer.

Nonsense, I believe fully that this game will be translated for us, but I'm not about to make some sort of false hope in the possibility that it doesn't. Something to consider: until it's officially announced, it may as well not be happening.

Quoted for truth

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
These are the lobbies they found

Normal, NewYearJapan, NewYearAmerica, Snow, ValentineDay, WhiteDay, GreenDay, SpringFestival, Sakura, MemorialDay, JuneBride, SonicLobby, WeaverFestival, FourthOfJuly, SummerFestival, FullMoon, SportsFesta, Halloween, ThanksgivingDay, PSO, WinterHoliday, LunarNewYear, ChuseokSection.

Brimcon
Apr 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
I'm suprised you didn't bold Fourth of July or even ThanksgivingDay.. But yes, I am sure this, the credits, and the Language Option in the Beta Client is probably telling us it will .. eventually.. be localized internationally.

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm suprised you didn't bold Fourth of July or even ThanksgivingDay.. But yes, I am sure this, the credits, and the Language Option in the Beta Client is probably telling us it will .. eventually.. be localized internationally.

In the original quote those WERE in bold.

Vashyron
Apr 17, 2012, 05:01 PM
Btw there are some Korean and Chinese holidays in there as well.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
People just want Sega to come out and say AMERICANS YOU GOT IT. But they want to have fun and tease us but we know it will come out. :/ people just want solid evidence.

America America....is there any other country you know of aside that and Japan? :p there is more in the world lol

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
People just want Sega to come out and say EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN....YOU GOT IT! Fix'd

Sorry :'(

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
It's funny that there's a JP & US new year when it's the same time of year except the time difference .....maybe they meant Chinese New Years? IT's not the first time they miss named the file's.

lol what happen to the Data-mining Thread it totally disappeared? it was there last night now no where to be found or locked out?

Anyway Vashyron has the 9 Language Option's in his search with Data-mining. From what I recall they where Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, English.

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
They removed it so they wouldn't get in trouble or Sega coming to kill us. Just for general purposes I assume.

Omega-z
Apr 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
AH, well time to use muscle memory I Guess lol

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
They removed it so they wouldn't get in trouble or Sega coming to kill us. Just for general purposes I assume.

Well I'm sure it was more about certain disclosures and following the ToS. Not too many game companies are fond of people modding their games, but it's nothing they cannot detect or stop since it's on the client-side.

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 07:12 PM
It's funny that there's a JP & US new year when it's the same time of year except the time difference .....maybe they meant Chinese New Years? IT's not the first time they miss named the file's.

lol what happen to the Data-mining Thread it totally disappeared? it was there last night now no where to be found or locked out?

Anyway Vashyron has the 9 Language Option's in his search with Data-mining. From what I recall they where Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, English.

Well Japan celebrates new years in a slightly different way...

But an American new years... I wonder if the lobby will have the giant new years ball...

Tycho
Apr 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Uhhh SpringFestival is Chinese New Year's. The Japanese don't celebrate that one anymore (for like over a century), they celebrate January 1 as well now. And seeing as the same thing goes for FullMoon and Chuseok...

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
Well I'm sure it was more about certain disclosures and following the ToS. Not too many game companies are fond of people modding their games, but it's nothing they cannot detect or stop since it's on the client-side.

Hence THEY WILL KILL US xD

DerpiestShazbot
Apr 17, 2012, 10:13 PM

This ^

Evidence pointing towards an English release are definitely good to hear but I won't be satisfied until we get actual confirmation from Sega themselves.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
These are the lobbies they found

Normal, NewYearJapan, NewYearAmerica, Snow, ValentineDay, WhiteDay, GreenDay, SpringFestival, Sakura, MemorialDay, JuneBride, SonicLobby, WeaverFestival, FourthOfJuly, SummerFestival, FullMoon, SportsFesta, Halloween, ThanksgivingDay, PSO, WinterHoliday, LunarNewYear, ChuseokSection.

Bahh, what About Canadian New year, Canadian Thanksgiving and the First of July? FTS :etongue:

Serious note though, that IS a pretty interesting find. Hopeful :)

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 10:31 PM
LOL...Canadians but on a serious note...joking.

Well I don't know what they were thinking =P but as long as we get cool event changes and what not.

Randomness
Apr 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
Haha, if they have a fourth of july lobby in the client, they're releasing in the US.

It's that simple. Of course, it could be a placeholder right now, but even so.

Versecity
Apr 18, 2012, 05:34 AM
Haha, if they have a fourth of july lobby in the client, they're releasing in the US.

It's that simple. Of course, it could be a placeholder right now, but even so.

I don't doubt it at all.

There's definitely going to be a release for the US but I'm wondering how it's going to work with SoA and SoJ.

Maybe this time around SoJ will control everything rather than SoA?

There's many possibilities at this time but I'm sure as we get closer to release there will be more info on everything.

ClothoBuer
Apr 18, 2012, 05:56 AM
I don't doubt it at all.

There's definitely going to be a release for the US but I'm wondering how it's going to work with SoA and SoJ.

Maybe this time around SoJ will control everything rather than SoA?

There's many possibilities at this time but I'm sure as we get closer to release there will be more info on everything.

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if not only is SoJ running everything, but they do a simultaneous global release of the client. For all we know, they could be translating things right now.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
I don't doubt the American stuff was put there before SoA disintegrated. Possibly never going to be used.

Just don't get your hopes up.

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
But this mountain of evidence IS localizing info.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2012, 04:53 PM
People just want Sega to come out and say EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN....YOU GOT IT! Fix'd

Sorry :'(

*pats head* it's ok, you were just being excited about wanting pso2 aren't ya?

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
*pats head* it's ok, you were just being excited about wanting pso2 aren't ya?

Yesh Dx *cries*