PDA

View Full Version : Wanted areas/maps?

Dinosaur
Apr 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
So we all know that the game's gonna shoot off with three planets available, but what other types of areas are you down for?

I personally want the Temple run-back again. We in the 80s now!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/1334635137453.jpg

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 12:29 AM
I honestly want a level high in the sky.

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 12:40 AM
Well I wanted a post apocalyptic city, but seems we already got that. I was hoping for something messier, but after seeing more of it in the benchmark video, I guess it's fine.

I'd like a desert (clean sand dune kind) I always thought those look kind of nice.

They HAVE to have another beach mission.

An underwater mission would be cool, as long as we're actually seeing the sea life outside windows preferably aquarium like with a large view, over head views. and NOT just wandering around tunnels...

I hope the darker infested falz like areas get REALLY crazy, like crazier than PSU's boring vagina walls. But after seeing what just a COUPLE of them can do to a whole forest (raining blood) I think they have that covered too...

I dunno as long as it has nice visuals and draws you in, in a way better than PSO because this game doesn't have dream cast graphics, and in a way better than PSU because I hope this game won't be map reskin hell. Then it looks like this game is already headed in the right direction.

I definitely have no complaints with fighting high in the sky, like ark said or climbing a huge tower and sometimes having to scale the outside of it or something while fending yourself from flying monsters and the boss could be like some space dragon the lives in the stratosphere or some shit... Nah that's a little too SNES...

OH and something with sunsets, ANYTHING with sunsets. I like sunsets.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 17, 2012, 12:41 AM
i -really- want jungle back from ep 2.

the bgm was fantastic and it was a beautiful map. especially the beach part. i loved everything about it.

biggest reason i want it is because if they do use it, there's a chance they'll make an arrange of the jungle bgm <3

Totori
Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 AM
A place that actually feels like a dungeon, I do like the tower idea. Something that would have to use a big party and not feel generic the first time.

If not too much something like a few puzzle dungeons wouldn't hurt either.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 17, 2012, 02:14 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/1334635137453.jpg

Did you.... draw that?

If so, you should submit it to the PSO2 team and ask for a job :D

Drunken Dragon
Apr 17, 2012, 02:25 AM
CCA from Ep2 for sure... Still to this day Im hard pressed to find "better looking" areas.... or maybe its just nostalgia running its tricks on me :P

Either way, the music/scenery combo in the jungle/beach/Mountain areas of Ep 2 still brings chills down my spine :P aww.. the good ol' days......

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 02:28 AM
Chemical Plant Zone. nuff said. lol a Sonic Zone I think would be pretty freakin awesome. :D

Angelo
Apr 17, 2012, 02:33 AM
I'd like to see snowy tundra or a tropical beach like episode 2.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 02:50 AM
I'm a sucker for snowy landscapes, so there's that.

I also think some sort of platform in orbit around a planet where you can see the planet real big in the background and the rest is just starry space, something like that would be cool.

Konflyk
Apr 17, 2012, 03:17 AM
Volcano, ST-Dessert(again, but better this time though I did enjoy how it was in ep4), Sunken City, Catacombs of some sort, Falling ship with time limit to clear or fail(side-quest/side-mission) That's all I can think of for now.

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 06:14 AM
A tower dungeon challenge would be absolutely wicked, the higher up you go, the better drops you get.

As for zones, I really enjoyed the Mines in Ep. 1, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing any of the Ep. 2 maps make a comeback with some graphical improvements. Otherwise, any mechanical/electrical maps or creepy Ruins-esque maps will suffice.

goldwing
Apr 17, 2012, 11:02 AM
id love to see a snowy type area. i loved it when they did that for psz. also another seabed area cause it was just so exciting when after along days journey you turn the corner and bam! theres the hall with the light at the end. what awaits our adventurer? when you think about it tho id like to see all the pso stages remade in some fashion like what they have done so far.

Zinaida
Apr 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
I'd personally prefer a stage in the sky. Either that or something like Trophaeum Tower.

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 11:22 AM
Chemical Plant Zone. nuff said. lol a Sonic Zone I think would be pretty freakin awesome. :D

Oh you are genius.

On that note, Flying Battery Zone.

Dark1422
Apr 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'd personally prefer a stage in the sky. Either that or something like Trophaeum Tower.

Do i sense a Air Gear reference?

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
No, I'm the only one here that reads air gear.

Which is gonna end in like 4 chapters... D:

Zinaida
Apr 17, 2012, 11:46 AM
Do i sense a Air Gear reference?

No, I'm the only one here that reads air gear.

Which is gonna end in like 4 chapters... D:

Pff, Silly Rock, I totally read Air Gear.

Also yes, totally an Air Gear reference. The latest chapters inspired my imagination.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
I'm a sucker for snowy landscapes, so there's that.

ICE CAP ZONE

with mag snowboarding :D

goldwing
Apr 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
ICE CAP ZONE

i like that idea

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
ICE CAP ZONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYBO5M5vb8

Ioriya
Apr 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
I want a level where i clip through the ground and fall indefinitely.

Now that would be fun.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
Smooth Icecap V2 ((Michael Jackson vs Sonic)) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYBO5M5vb8)

YES. Did you know Michael Jackson actually composed music for Sonic 3? He's not actually credited in the game, but he did work on the music!!

http://kotaku.com/5418198/yes-michael-jackson-did-work-on-sonic-the-hedgehog-3

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
YES. Did you know Michael Jackson actually composed music for Sonic 3? He's not actually credited in the game, but he did work on the music!!

http://kotaku.com/5418198/yes-michael-jackson-did-work-on-sonic-the-hedgehog-3

Of course I knew that! It's only the greatest thing that ever happened to Sonic!

Link1275
Apr 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
If they don't bring back the crater areas I will sue. The fact that they were so maze like needs to be in them as well otherwise it doesn't count. Also it needs to look just as bland as in PSOBB. They also have to bring back Seabeds, CCA, Forest, Mines(if they don't I will kill), and they had better not bring back caves. The cave areas were too dull, and the enemies were boring.

Encarion
Apr 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
What about a Pioneer ship lost in space, Where you go through the ship as a team looking for survivors and answers as too why its not responding too contact. Or something like that:P

Skye-Fox713
Apr 17, 2012, 01:58 PM
Personaly I'd like to see a re-visit of the Ruins and Seabead from PSO ep 1&2. Both very memorable areas.

Also perhaps a re-visit of the Moutain, Jungle, Seaside, and the power plant area as well, really liked that one too.

Otherwise a Snow/ice zone would be fun to see.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2012, 02:09 PM
I would like a throwback to a classic area like the Air Castle (from Phantasy Star I, IV).

http://www.pscave.com/psg1/eventcg/images/toaircastle1.png

Rei-San
Apr 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
Obviously I would want ALL of the original PSO lvls to comeback. Looking as they did 10 years ago and keeping the old OST, but changed a bit to accommodate the new mechanics of the game.

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
^
PSU already did that, kinda... I'm sick of looking at those stages. Throwbacks and homages are enough. (we already have forest and caves) D:

Only thing that kind of bugs me is the setting in general... we have a bunch of planets. But in PSU people have lived on the planets for a LONG time. and even in PSO they had enough time to make some architexture.

But how far along are people PSO2? (as in would all of the planets just have nature? were there ancient societies on the planets? Did people already start to get comfy there?)

Otherwise I can't expect flying castles and trophaeum towers... Something like PSZ's tower done in a more complex way would be interesting, (as long as it isn't a camping/endgame hotspot mission) It should be like a really long special mission that you can only do once a week, and you and your party have to be commited to do the whole thing or else it'll drop out. and every mile stone of floors that you climb can have temporary save points in them, but of course if you're too out of stock to continue you'll be screwed. It could day like hours to days, depending on the time you have to put into the game to complete.

Obviously before going on such a huge quest (that you can only take on once a week) You'd have to be prepared with your trusted teammates so you don't drag each other down. There could even be a number of super rare items in the high levels and hard bosses. Something so hardcore level challenging that it's not something you just waltz in and completely in a lame weekly "elitist" routine. And any team able to actually beat it deserves some cred and bragging rights, and whatever shinys they got from it.

We shall call it! The Tower of God! Because I like that game.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
^
PSU already did that, kinda... I'm sick of looking at those stages. Throwbacks and homages are enough. (we already have forest and caves) D:

Only thing that kind of bugs me is the setting in general... we have a bunch of planets. But in PSU people have lived on the planets for a LONG time. and even in PSO they had enough time to make some architexture.

But how far along are people PSO2? (as in would all of the planets just have nature? were there ancient societies on the planets? Did people already start to get comfy there?)

Otherwise I can't expect flying castles and trophaeum towers... Something like PSZ's tower done in a more complex way would be interesting, (as long as it isn't a camping/endgame hotspot mission) It should be like a really long special mission that you can only do once a week, and you and your party have to be commited to do the whole thing or else it'll drop out. and every mile stone of floors that you climb can have temporary save points in them, but of course if you're too out of stock to continue you'll be screwed. It could day like hours to days, depending on the time you have to put into the game to complete.

Obviously before going on such a huge quest (that you can only take on once a week) You'd have to be prepared with your trusted teammates so you don't drag each other down. There could even be a number of super rare items in the high levels and hard bosses. Something so hardcore level challenging that it's not something you just waltz in and completely in a lame weekly "elitist" routine. And any team able to actually beat it deserves some cred and bragging rights, and whatever shinys they got from it.

We shall call it! The Tower of God! Because I like that game.

Sounds more like the Tower of Duraga to me

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sounds more like the Tower of Duraga to me

Yeah but tower of druaga revolves around that tower... (Also their MMO and anime sucked, still wanna play the original though.) D:

Either way, challenge towers are cool.

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
Bring back the East and West tower from jungle with ill gills........

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
I honestly want a level high in the sky.

Perhaps on a moving platform with music that turns from something kinda meh, to something awesome?

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mCypSsSmg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Skye-Fox713
Apr 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah but tower of druaga revolves around that tower... (Also their MMO and anime sucked, still wanna play the original though.) D:

Either way, challenge towers are cool.

I'm only familiar with the anime and that is was based on an old over the top dungeon crawler. I've been digitizing slides for my family so I've been watching a lot of anime while doing that and it's one of the ones that I watched.

It was more or less how you were describing the challenge tower that made me think of it.

Saotome Kaneda
Apr 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
How are all of you guys talking about towers completely missing PSZ's Eternal Tower?

And you guys call yourselves fans.:nono:

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
How are all of you guys talking about towers completely missing PSZ's Eternal Tower?

And you guys call yourselves fans.:nono:

That's what my wall of text was about! D<

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 07:16 PM
ICE CAP ZONE

Dont forget the music! I love Ice Cap Zone theme!! :D But seriously, a sonic zone would add some flavor! :D

Saotome Kaneda
Apr 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
wall of text

welp =x

Itoshi
Apr 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Personally I think every level from Episode 2 should make a return. And maybe something like some episode 3 levels. Tower of Caleum or Via Tubus seemed like pretty cool areas that could be interesting to explore.

JamesM
Apr 17, 2012, 10:41 PM
I REALLY want to see a Temple area like ep2 in this game. It would be epic! Also, something in the ~clouds~ would be awesome too.

SLASHXGEAR
Apr 18, 2012, 12:31 AM
id like to see the uninhabitable homeworld coral and some remade levels from ep1&2

Dark1422
Apr 18, 2012, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't mind seeimg another map much like the Jungle From episode 2 or one like Seabed

Sparzyle
Apr 18, 2012, 02:36 AM
I always wanted to see something like Mines from PSO mixed with the Linear Line Corridors from PSU, something that feels like a technologic tunnel or something, maybe while being through a abandoned spaceship, that would be cool :P

TelleT
Apr 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
They should have a remix of PSO v1 maps, has already been done I know.

But I want the EXACT original maps with renewed textures etc.
I bet most of the old PSO-geeks would appreciate it!

Blackheart521
Apr 18, 2012, 03:14 AM
it'd be cool to see something like The Forest of Pain from .Hack Roots/GU if anyone knows what i'm talking about, it'd be cool for a high level area as an event that had a time limit like a week to complete and whoever completed it got a special reward... look it up if you've never seen the anime or played the games

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2012, 04:42 AM
Of course I knew that! It's only the greatest thing that ever happened to Sonic!

Mashups have been really popular as of late. Take this for instance, I found this one a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4KDilHRooQ

ClothoBuer
Apr 18, 2012, 05:43 AM
Perhaps on a moving platform with music that turns from something kinda meh, to something awesome?

Like this?
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: Tower of Caelum - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mCypSsSmg&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

That's one of my favorite tracks off the OST, it just has such power when it gets rolling, and it's so addicting.

Seems a lot of people want a tower challenge, and rightfully so. When designed properly, a tower challenge can be insanely fun.