PDA

View Full Version : Ship 2 will be the forums ship?

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 12:56 AM
Just curious seeing as the beta starts, oh I dunno, tomorrow.

Totori
Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM
Yo, the beta doesn't start untill 4/19/12. That's a while from now. Also I really think Ship 1 should be the ship we need to join.

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 01:20 AM
*cough* big mistake but anyways tomorrow day after, still it's close.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
i donno, it seems like most people are gonna be on ship 2 regardless. at that point it's up to you if you want to follow the majority or the minority. i'll probably be on ship 2 since that seems to be the most popular.

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it's just everyone is getting on ship 2 and I really don't want to be bounded to a boring, lifeless server with no other English players.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 03:17 AM
Also I really think Ship 1 should be the ship we need to join.
Why? Skipping Ship 1 is deliberate in order to avoid being on the Ship that will fill to capacity the soonest.

In any case, Ship 2 got the most votes by far, and it has traditionally been the official (unofficial?) PSO-W ship, so. If you're looking to play with PSO-Wers (or really on a ship with a English player-base period), you're looking at Ship 2.

Wayu
Apr 17, 2012, 04:19 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Ship 2? I voted 10. xD

-Wayu

Rizen
Apr 17, 2012, 04:21 AM
I voted 32. :(

RocSage
Apr 17, 2012, 04:49 AM
I vote ship 42.

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 05:30 AM
Yo, the beta doesn't start untill 4/19/12. That's a while from now. Also I really think Ship 1 should be the ship we need to join.

Anyone logging in for the first time is going to try to get into Ship 1 first, no matter how you look at it. Going to Ship 2 is the logical choice to avoid the initial rush, and it's the general community consensus that Ship 2 should be our home.

hewitt
Apr 17, 2012, 06:09 AM
I voted for 4 or 7, can't remember. I just remember thinking 2 was a little too close to one since it's probably going to have a large spillover.

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 06:23 AM
That's exactly why everyone's gunning for 2, because of that spillover. 1 and 2 are going to have the strongest populations of the ships, with 3 and maybe 5 taking about 60-75% of the max of those two, so it makes sense to stick to a server that'll have a rich population, but not overly congested.

Arika
Apr 17, 2012, 06:27 AM

I prefer ship-1 too, for the long lasting future. but it is beta anyway, so I don't mind ship-2.

large population/congest isn't something to worry unless you play in the same time zone as JP. altho even JP themselves aren't worrying about that. PSO, PSU rarely ever have problem of over load. phantasy star fans aren't that huge to begin with.

RocSage
Apr 17, 2012, 06:44 AM
I think it's bad that they are making it so you can't transfer ships, but meh, it will likely be fixed shortly after launch.

As far as for the Beta i think you should all take note of the population spread and see if there is actually any congestion, report it, and then with that information move forward as to what ship you want to designate the "PSO-W" ship...

If the ship is divided up into lobbies I wish they'd do something cool like have all the lobbies different and be like a huge city ship rather than have it all be the same. That way you could cater to various activities and it's not like you would have to worry about an in game story for going to parties and such as you could just have an ingame explanation like the console controls a transit to all areas and Arkz/Hunters can access a special interface from anywhere on the ship.

That would solve the semi-problem of the boringness of a single design for all lobby areas.

Konola
Apr 17, 2012, 07:07 AM
If the ship is divided up into lobbies I wish they'd do something cool like have all the lobbies different and be like a huge city ship rather than have it all be the same. That way you could cater to various activities and it's not like you would have to worry about an in game story for going to parties and such as you could just have an ingame explanation like the console controls a transit to all areas and Arkz/Hunters can access a special interface from anywhere on the ship.

That would solve the semi-problem of the boringness of a single design for all lobby areas.

If so, there must be a football room, like the olden days.

Reia
Apr 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
I really want to be in Ship-1 but everyone picking up Ship-2, Think the game wont be like beta week all the time and we need the most populated server when the hype starts to fade. For now its the CBT so I don't mind the Ship-2. But I really want people taking second thoughts for the next test phase.

moorebounce
Apr 17, 2012, 09:13 AM
I voted for 4 or 7, can't remember. I just remember thinking 2 was a little too close to one since it's probably going to have a large spillover.

Ship 4 sounds good to me because 2 is kinda too close to 1 & 2. If we can switch the language to english I'll be all over the place on my own.

Kudwafter
Apr 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'll be going on ship two :)

Vashyron
Apr 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
I'd like to be in Ship 1, but for Closed Beta I will be joining Ship 2 as the majority seemingly are going there.

Merumeru
Apr 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
XP I never go to the first server in any game, not much for crowds and when you're on a smaller server, its easier to make a name for yourself if you play A LOT XD

But I need to play with ENG people or I will get bored, so will see everyone in Ship-2 probably XP

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Going to Ship 2, because that's where the cool people go. So follow the cool people, like me.

Macman
Apr 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ship 2, because we are 2nd rate to the glorious nippon. :P

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
"Number 1" is for narcissists.

moorebounce
Apr 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
Going to Ship 2, because that's where the cool people go. So follow the cool people, like me.

If I gave into peer pressure like that I would've gotten killed or went to prison back in the late 80s early 90s. I know I'm cool and don't need sheep to tell me that.

I like even numbers and 2 is too close to 1 so I'll be on 4.

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 10:17 AM
If I gave into peer pressure like that I would've gotten killed or went to prison back in the late 80s early 90s. I know I'm cool and don't need sheep to tell me that.

-cue tumbleweed and wind stirring up dust-

r00tabaga
Apr 17, 2012, 10:19 AM

You said, "I know I'm cool"......best line ever! Classic.

moorebounce
Apr 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
You said, "I know I'm cool"......best line ever! Classic.

Thank you but I'm sure I'm not the first to say it.

-cue tumbleweed and wind stirring up dust-

I will enjoy the peace and quiet then. I just want to play the game and really don't need other people around to try and enjoy it. Heck I might even go to the last ship lol

Zinaida
Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm joining Ship 2 unless the population difference between the first two leans more towards Ship 1. I personally don't care for language barriers, and I'm polite with people who aren't rude. I'd just prefer to have a healthy english-speaking side of the community on the server I join.

Griffin
Apr 17, 2012, 10:55 AM

You think you're SOOOO cool. >:U

ClothoBuer
Apr 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thank you but I'm sure I'm not the first to say it.

I will enjoy the peace and quiet then. I just want to play the game and really don't need other people around to try and enjoy it. Heck I might even go to the last ship lol

Playing a social-based game... without being social? /boggle

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2012, 11:02 AM

I didn't want to join Ship 2 with everyone else at first, but the few people that I actually have an interest in playing with are going there, so that forces my hand. I'll just have to keep a low-profile when they aren't online.

Brimcon
Apr 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
I guess Ship 2 is where I will go as well, I want to play with all you guys, so I can get a better feel for what the menus do and such.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 17, 2012, 11:08 AM

in his defense this game is pretty damn fun and my buddy solo'd pso 1+2 on the gamecube with no online play all the way up to 100 something.

i don't see the problem playing alone if you think it's more fun or just don't like people. this game definitely has the potential for solo play just like pso 1+2 did.

he does seems like he's being defensive about a comment that wasn't even targeted at anybody in specific though, which is a little bit much.

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 03:14 PM
So, ship 2 it is?

Skyly
Apr 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
Where ever all the english speakers are I'm there

moorebounce
Apr 17, 2012, 05:52 PM

lol Wouldn't be the first time for that. I like to take my time and figure things out at a nice pace. When you're w/ other players you tend to go faster and don't get to stop and smell the flowers lol. I'm sure I'll team up with some folks. I'm sure I'll even check up on ship 2 every now and then while playing.

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
So, ship 2 it is?

Yuss. :D

Rizen
Apr 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
I didn't want to join Ship 2 with everyone else at first, but the few people that I actually have an interest in playing with are going there, so that forces my hand. I'll just have to keep a low-profile when they aren't online.
I will stalk you and make you social!

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
Did you get in yet Nuru?

RebhtheDark
Apr 17, 2012, 07:08 PM
Ship two for me as well, since the most of you guys well be there :D

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 07:14 PM
Did you get in yet Nuru?

No emails yet but i think the next wave is my lucky one! :D

Dark1422
Apr 17, 2012, 07:17 PM
im hoping to grab me a spot in the next wave too x__x. The wait is killing me.

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
im hoping to grab me a spot in the next wave too x__x. The wait is killing me.

lol seems like most people here already got an invite, but even if i don't get in, i'll continue to watch beta videos. xD

of course, I'm always wondering how the controls will be for this game. I wish I knew fluid Japanese so I can provide some feedback though.

Dark1422
Apr 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
lol seems like most people here already got an invite, but even if i don't get in, i'll continue to watch beta videos. xD

of course, I'm always wondering how the controls will be for this game. I wish I knew fluid Japanese so I can provide some feedback though.

Yea seems that way. I'll be joining Ship 2 with everyone else if i do get my invite. -fingers crossed-

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
With any luck, we'll have another kind soul to translate our feedback and submit it to SEGA like we did in the alpha.

SpishackCola
Apr 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
Sounds like ship 2 will be the new hotness. Count me in.

Brimcon
Apr 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
I guess we just need to chose a block, I heard that 20~ was the block of choice?

Ark22
Apr 17, 2012, 09:29 PM
Gaaah time is going by to slow!

Sipher Mashai
Apr 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Probably Ship 2 then for me. Though gonna need some help getting my bearings as i got no idea what anything says.

Brimcon
Apr 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Probably Ship 2 then for me. Though gonna need some help getting my bearings as i got no idea what anything says.

You and me both, But I'll be streaming my playthroughs, so I might.. request help from people in chat.

RocSage
Apr 17, 2012, 10:41 PM

You and me both, But I'll be streaming my playthroughs, so I might.. request help from people in chat.

Just get a kana reference guide. Almost all of the stuff to "play" the game is the same word in english, just written in kana.

You can also rely heavily on the symbols as most of the symbols for things are distinctive that you don't need to even read what they are if you know he symbol.

JamesM
Apr 17, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'll need everybody's help too! D:

Wayu
Apr 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
I won't be able to get on immediately as the beta starts, as I would have just gotten out of school, but I'm willing to help anyone I see online.

My character name'll be セリザワ, so just say you're from PSOW and I'll do my best to help out.

-Wayu

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
Should we sticky this thread and change the name to

"PSOW = Ship 2" or something like that?

Magical Trevor
Apr 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
See you all on ship 2!

Totori
Apr 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
Only a few more hours remains till the server kicks on!
Time came faster than I expected...

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm having a heart attack

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 12:08 PM
btw...in the official blog they did say something about the whole character on one ship thing that didn't sound like they were confirming it but rather addressing a concern, but you know how google translate is. I'd bet that they were saying something like you can transfer your character in some way, either through the cash shop or something like that.

BIG OLAF
Apr 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'm having a heart attack

That's not something to joke about. Maybe you mean 'anxiety attack.'

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
btw...in the official blog they did say something about the whole character on one ship thing that didn't sound like they were confirming it but rather addressing a concern, but you know how google translate is. I'd bet that they were saying something like you can transfer your character in some way, either through the cash shop or something like that.

They said a while ago that they want to make it so you can pay to swap ships.

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 12:13 PM
That's not something to joke about. Maybe you mean 'anxiety attack.'

Can i have an anxiety heart attack? I mean the double negative does make it a positive =)

MaximusLight
Apr 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
I vote ship 42.

Okay, you win. XD

Also, you can start characters on any server guys, just go were you want even if the majority go on Ship 2 or otherwise it's really not a big deal in the end.

Vashyron
Apr 18, 2012, 12:46 PM
Okay, you win. XD

Also, you can start characters on any server guys, just go were you want even if the majority go on Ship 2 or otherwise it's really not a big deal in the end.

It's a big deal if you want to play with English players without starting another character.

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
It's a big deal if you want to play with English players without starting another character.

This.

All this won't matter to me when the game comes to the States.

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
12 hours left

kyori
Apr 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
Looks like ship2 is the gaijin server. But what block for PSOW :o

cloudzer00
Apr 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
How will we find each other?
Just post our names on the forums?

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
I am gonna be in block 56 (I think that's that highest number block)