PDA

View Full Version : Beta Client

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hey guys I just got invited to the Beta, unfortunately whenever I try to download the client chrome tells me it can't connect. Is this just a congestion issue? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Konola
Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 AM
I used Firefox with no problem. If you can grin and bear it, try Internet Explorer.

Wayu
Apr 17, 2012, 07:11 AM
I used Firefox with no problem. If you can grin and bear it, try Internet Explorer.

Only if you can afford minus one internets, though.

-Wayu

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2012, 07:14 AM
But he's using Chrome, not FF.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
I tried IE still same error

Konola
Apr 17, 2012, 07:21 AM
I tried IE still same error

I tried the download again, no error. Sorry that is s far as my help can go for now.

But he's using Chrome, not FF.

Which is why I pointed out that I am using Firefox.

Veoh
Apr 17, 2012, 10:25 AM
You have to go to internet options and set one of your languages to japanese, then you can connect to the website.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
downloaded the language pack and tried firefox... both failed. Any other suggestions that may work?

Taitu
Apr 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure what the issue is with obtaining the downloader or even connecting to the download servers is. I've been having issues with both and it seems to actually be my provider which is limiting my access. I have a friend who has managed to get the downloader to run so I am going to obtain the installer from him then post it up for everyone else that is sharing the same issue as myself to obtain the installer.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
thanks.

Xenobia
Apr 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Now downloading, a bit messy, the OS doesnt work well with japanese stuff. Its no japanese OS after all.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
I feel completely helpless I still can't download anything. I tried at a friends house and he has the same ISP and it worked fine. I'm absolutely stumped what could be causing this issue.

Xenobia
Apr 17, 2012, 06:22 PM
What is the problem? Accessing site or just able to download client?!

[spoiler-box]
Only if you can afford minus one internets, though.

-Wayu
I kinda enjoy to live in a neutral state so there is no censorship at all regarding access to the worlds websites. Explorer, the newest version, actually works pretty well. In the past IE sucked hard thats true but MS did increase a lot on that matter. I just kind of dislike when some people start to be some MS hater and as soon as they detect a IE, they are trying to block you on purpose. Thats why i actually use IE a lot because even MS does deserve fairness and equality. Besides: The Xbox pad is the best pad ever made... my opinion, theyr stuff isnt all that worse.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 06:33 PM
Downloading the client

Nurusanura
Apr 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
downloaded the language pack and tried firefox... both failed. Any other suggestions that may work?
Did you try setting your language preference and place Japanese at the top? If it's not downloading at all, perhaps its a firewall setting or something of the sort. Try turning off your antiviruses and firewall settings and see if that works.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
I tried turning off my firewall and making Japanese the top language still nothing.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 08:08 PM
Wait I'm not 100% clear... are you having trouble downloading the download program from the website, or are you having trouble downloading the actual client via the download program?

Misaki Ki
Apr 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
I'll visit the boondocks for the beta, but don't know if I'll stay there for the main game. Depends on what my friends will be doing.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 08:15 PM
i can't download anything from pso2.jp the downloader or the beta client

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 08:22 PM
Well the only thing you download from the website is the downloader (as far as I'm aware), which is then used to download the actual client.

Anyway, this is really quite a head-scratcher. It seems like some sort of firewall issue, but you say you've tried disabling it.

Maybe go back to the friend's house (or use another computer in your house if there is one), download the downloader, put it on a thumbdrive (or burn it to a CD or whatever), transfer it over to your computer, and try firing it up?

Xenobia
Apr 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
I just dont get it, whats the ID actually used for? People could just get the downloader and thats it. I wasnt able to detect any kind of account logger. Logging into the server is disabled because its down. Install went proper, no issue at all.

zelda_king3
Apr 17, 2012, 09:25 PM
I just dont get it, whats the ID actually used for? People could just get the downloader and thats it. I wasnt able to detect any kind of account logger. Logging into the server is disabled because its down. Install went proper, no issue at all.

Anybody can get the client, but when it is time to actually log into the game is when you need the ID.

RSmiroldo
Apr 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
If I'm having problems connecting to the download will I likely run into issues when the Beta begins?

kyuuketsuki
Apr 17, 2012, 11:46 PM
If I'm having problems connecting to the download will I likely run into issues when the Beta begins?
I doubt it.

Taitu
Apr 18, 2012, 09:09 AM

The issue appears to specifically be with their download servers as accessing the site itself is fine. Of course if they use the same server provider that they're using for their download servers this could still be an issue. Unless someone manages to figure out what the exact issue is there isn't much we can do but hope that this will not be the case.

Skyden
Apr 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Im having serious issues downloading the Client Itself......any ideas?(Firewalls off, Anti Virus Off)

kyuuketsuki
Apr 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
Im having serious issues downloading the Client Itself......any ideas?(Firewalls off, Anti Virus Off)
By this I assume you mean you got the download program off the website and are having trouble with the downloader downloading the actual client.

1) Try changing the install directory to your desktop.
2) Give more information about what exactly is happening when you attempt the download.

Skyden
Apr 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Everything I click, says Page not found, can't change the install directory either, seems like all java is blocked for it

When I open the Downloader. it says that it can't execute some activex controllers

Well, I went to the Internet options on IE and allowed EVERYTHING i saw related to Active X, and Im still having the same problem

Images of My Desktop with the situation added as attachments

Extra Info, It seems like it doesnt notice My Internet Connection, since it reacted the same when I deactivated the Internet, as when it is activated

Final Update: Finally Managed to get the download to start, by using a Virtual Machine(Its kinda stupid to use WINXP when your OS is Windows 7)