PDA

View Full Version : 4/18 Official Blog: Tomorrow is the CB!

Mike
Apr 18, 2012, 02:50 AM
The official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11226309005.html) was updated today with some more info about the beta starting tomorrow. A huge list of what is actually going on in the closed beta was posted and is more or less as follows:

Arks Cash
All Arks Cash (AC) items are set at 10 AC for the closed beta
Each tester will recieve 1000 AC to use.
You can't purchase more AC during the testing period
The items in the store and scratches (gatcha) will be limited during the beta and will change for the official launch

FUN
FUN can be gained by logging in, using AC, using certain aspects of the game (Good Job!), and as a reward for being in the top three for the weeks ranking
FUN can be used in a FUN scratch
The contents of the FUN scratch will change for the official launch

Races
Human, casts, and newmen will be available, just like the official launch

Character Creation
Only a limited amount of costume items will be available in the closed beta
Players will only have one character to begin with.
New character slots can be purchased with AC
New costumes, accessories, and character voices
The "Cat Ears" accessory will now match your hair color
Characters can be saved and loaded as files on your computer
New facial variations for male and female characters
The Beauty Shop will allow you to change your character in game
You can now get parts and clothing in game (you couldn't do this in the alphas.)
Parts and clothing can be equipped from the equipment menu

Classes
The max level for the closed beta is 20
Classes can be changed at the class counter
Raising a character to level 10 in any class will mean that account will recieve a "Weapon Hologram" room decoration in the open beta

Skill Trees
Skill trees for all classes have been completely changed
New skill trees can be added by spending AC allowing you to take you character in a different direction

Play Records
Titles are now available from the title counter
Item collections and player records are visible from a visi-phone

Player Related Battle
Partisans, launchers, and talis weapons are now usable
On death, you can choose to return to the camp ship or use a scape doll if you have one
You can now switch between different subpalletes like you could with your main pallete

Enemy Related Battle
Several new enemies including the new boss Dark Ragne
Boxes appear after defeating bosses instead of bosses dropping items
Destroying parts of boss enemies increases the number of boss boxes
Boost enemies will appear
Starting enemies are weaker because they were found to be too strong
Some enemies have been tweaked graphically to better fit the PSO2 world
Some dragon-type enemies now have voices

Mags
By rasing any class level to 10 and completing a specific client order allows you to obtain a mag license. This lets you own and use a mag
Mags evolve in to their second stage at level 50
Mag levels are capped at 99 in the closed beta

Lobby
New lobbies have been implemented in the closed beta

Quests
2 new quest types: Story and Emergency
You can invite NPCs and friend characters from the new Partner Terminal in the camp ship
It is now easier to join other parties in an MPA than it was in the second alpha
You can see more information about quests at the quest counter, including 7 days worth of data on drops, special effects, and enemies
The Medical Center will sell temporary (1 mission) stat boosting drinks
Certain missions now feature smaller maps than before

Interupt Events
There are new and different types of Emergency Trials
A bug where enemies spawned indefinetly has been fixed

PSE
New PSE variations exist
The various PSEs have been renamed
An "omen" system has been added to predict PSEs
PSE effects, chances, and PSE bursts have been rebalanced

Story
The prolouge and first chapter of the story will be available
Starting a new game starts a tutorial story quest
The matter board will be available
Story events can happen anywhere

Client Orders
The client order system will be available.
Rewards for completing client orders include things like items, exp, and expansions to your palletes
Accessed by completing parts of the matter board

User Interface
The main menu has been made easier to navigate
PAs now say what weapon they are used for on the first line of the item description
Disks for PAs and techs already learned will appear greyed out in your inventory and storage
Units can now be customized while equipped
Chat shortcuts will now show the first line of their settings when displayed with the quick menu
An icon in the middle of the main pallete will show what mode weapons like gunslashes are in
The "message recieved" icon was made larger
A tab for system messages has been added to the message system
A message will appear in the chat box when after a screenshot has been taken to assure you it actually happened

Controls
More compatible game pads
You can now switch between normal and direct chat with the scroll-lock key
Holding control and pressing a number key will let you use your sub-pallete while in direct chat mode
Camera speed can be changed in the options menu
Sped up the switch to character front function
Added the option to change zoom setting for the mouse wheel
Removed auto-run as a default for game pads
Added a "switch targets" option for game pads
No more virtual full screen
Increased the number of player models that can be displayed on-screen to 160
Added several formats for screenshots
Added the option to not use auto-words or show auto-words in the log

Communication
Arcs Cards
Ability to create teams added
Can send "Good Jobs" to players with comments
Symbol Art system
Whispering added
Friend Partners, the ability to take friend's characters on missions
Item trading is now possible for those who spend purchase a Premium Set with AC
Items that you equip are bound to your character and can not be traded or sold in player stores
The ability to immitate another player's lobby actions has been added
New emoticons have been added
Added new rule variations for auto-words
New lobby animations
When word bubble combine, they now use the last person's word bubble
A party history function has been added to let you see who you played with before
You can now recieve notifications when specific friends log on

My Shop
Must rent the ability to open a shop with AC
You don't need a room to open a shop
The lowest price you can set on an item is 1000 meseta
You can search by special ability when searching player shops

My Room
My Rooms need to be rented with AC
3 Day room tickets are available in the FUN scratch
Player rooms now have locks where groups of players can be prevented from entering
New Scenery Passes allow you to change the view from your appartment
Weapon Hologram items allow you to display a weapon you have as a decoration in your room
A juke box room decoration will allow you to change the background music in your room
Some decorations now have special actions when you use them
You can now place small decorations on tables or desks
The Shop Counter decoration allow players to access the shop of the owner of the room it is placed in

Item Lab
The option to use an item to reduce the failure penalty when grinding items has been added
An item to change the element of a weapon to whatever you'd like when strengthening elements has been added
An item to add an additional special effect has been when moving special effects has been added

Tekkers
Weapons that drop during a mission have a chance to show up as "SPECIAL WEAPON"s
Tekking these weapons allows you to pick the element and a special effect for it. An additional special effect will also be added to the weapon at random

Rankings
Only a portion of the ranking system will be available in the closed beta
Players are ranked against other members of the ship they play on
Two rating types exist: "Interupt Ranking" and "Weekly Ranking"
Interupt Rankings are rankings announced randomly several times a day. In the beta, these will be who can defeat the most of a certain enemy in an hour.
Weekly Rankings include things like number of room visits and numberof rare containers destroyed
The top three players in any ranking recieve FUN as a reward

Specs
The game has been optimized to run better on PCs that meet PSO2's minimum specs

Balance
The balance in the closed beta represents what will likely be the balance for the launch version of PSO2 but this is subject to change

Character Data
Character data from the closed beta will not be carried over in to any upcoming version.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=26720
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=26721
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=26722
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=26723
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=26724[/spoiler-box]

But before I get to that monster of a list, here's some information that was in the blog. Some of it has been talked about before but since I know people tend to not really read things have short memories when they do, I'll just list them again.
There will only be 5 ships (servers) in the closed beta. Ships 6 - 10 will also show up but these ships are not online so you won't be able to log in to them.
A "premium set" will be available in 30 day periods. This includes the use of your room, the ability to open a shop, expanded storage, and the ability to trade.
Buying items via a player owned shop is free (as in you don't need to buy access to it)
Players who purchase the premium set can join a block especially for those members and get bonus FUN from activites that provide it (kinda sounds like PSU)
The game has bee tuned so you don't gain levels as quickly as you did in the second alpha.
A menu option has been added for cash shop and FUN related purchases.
Scratch terminals have also been placed around the lobby
Since the AC cost of cash shop items has been set to 10 AC, the amount of AC given to testers has been reduced from 10,000 to 1000.

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 02:58 AM
A "premium set" will be available in 30 day periods. This includes the use of your room, the ability to open a shop, expanded storage, and the ability to trade.

ie. We lied about it being Free to play. What we meant is that it is free to demo and drool over things that should be part of the free experience to begin with.

Dinosaur
Apr 18, 2012, 02:59 AM
ie. We lied about it being Free to play. What we meant is that it is free to demo and drool over things that should be part of the free experience to begin with.

I love it.

brb not paying a cent and playing the full game

Wayu
Apr 18, 2012, 03:06 AM
Wait, so closed beta users will still have to pay to get access to the My Room stuff?

-Wayu

•Col•
Apr 18, 2012, 03:12 AM
Wait, so closed beta users will still have to pay to get access to the My Room stuff?

-Wayu

You have to pay Arkz cash for items/services in the Beta... However, like Mike mentioned in the opening post, all Beta players will be given 1000 Arkz cash to test out the system(of course I'm sure this won't transfer over to the actual game).

I love it.

brb not paying a cent and playing the full game

I hope to god you're just joking around.... If you're being serious, then I despise you...

Mike
Apr 18, 2012, 03:12 AM
Technically, no. For testing purposes we'll be given 1000 AC for free. We'll have to buy access to our rooms with this AC but the AC is free.

MelancholyWitch
Apr 18, 2012, 03:19 AM
Nice, Thanks for the info hopefully we get to try out all the features that are up to date for the game so far.

Blackheart521
Apr 18, 2012, 03:20 AM
I seriously hope people who participated in the beta/alphas get some sort of bonus when the full game is released, such as a special mag or some free AC, would be very nice.

Dinosaur
Apr 18, 2012, 03:25 AM
I seriously hope people who participated in the beta/alphas get some sort of bonus when the full game is released, such as a special mag or some free AC, would be very nice.

If you hit level 10, you get a weapon hologram for "my room" in open beta. FYI open beta data will transfer over to the official release.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/closed-beta-gift.png

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 03:26 AM

-Wayu

That is stuff that will be in the shop, obviously. the beta doesn't run 30 days.

There is probably also a pack that has various components and they are likely going the route of the Freemium, which I don't really like, because it allows companies to lie and say a game is free to play when it isn't.

If they follow the Freemium Model you'll have something like

"Free" = You get access to the game with a very limited amount of space for anything which will make it quite a challenge to actually play or be part of the community or hold anything of value. If for example you would expect 3 character slots, 60 storage slots, 9,999,999 max meseta, the ability to trade, access your personal space, and communicate normally what you'll actually get with this model is something like 1 character slot, 30 storage slots, 99,999 max meseta, no ability to trade, no access to personal space, and some limitation on your communication (it varies with different games).

"Tier 2" = You get permanently upgraded after you spend a small amount of money to give you a few more character slots, a bit more meseta, the ability to trade, and normal communication.

"Premium" = you get more slots, more storage, more... etc. Generally more than you need due to the restrictions of the other groups.

This tiering often has a "can make party" and "can make guild" restriction on them as well

This what is usually the case with this type of stuff. This always causes problems and separates communities because people who don't want to spend money have limited actions they can take.

It's understandable, but I don't like the lie that is "freemium"

If there happens to be a lifetime option I suggest getting it, While PS games are often shut down more than other games they last a few years, long enough to account for the whole of the lifetime sub and you don't have to worry about renewing every month and you usually start getting "free" cash stipend to buy more things and anyone here will likely benefit from it...if not just for the don't have to worry about the $15/month payment to keep all your stuff the way you want it.

Also considering there is a 3day room access thing i'd bet there are different intervals you can get on this stuff, we've seen 3 and 30, i wouldn't doubt there being a 6 month and 12 month one as well.

Wayu
Apr 18, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hmm...I totally wouldn't mind paying for it but my bank card here in China may not work...

-Wayu

Skyly
Apr 18, 2012, 04:05 AM

We all planned on paying anyway.. Now it's back to the guessing game of how much. And on top of the cash shop.

$_$

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 18, 2012, 04:36 AM
TAKE MY MONEY, JUST TAKE IT ALL!!!

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 18, 2012, 04:37 AM
I think this is going to be a good balance. It allows players to sample without level restrictions. Those that were expecting to pay for it on a monthly basis already have budgeted that out and if someone wants to upgrade from a free account to a premium, there's no monthly contract.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2012, 05:35 AM
Do the servers run 24/7 or on set times? Hope its the first

Rizen
Apr 18, 2012, 05:51 AM
I think this is going to be a good balance. It allows players to sample without level restrictions. Those that were expecting to pay for it on a monthly basis already have budgeted that out and if someone wants to upgrade from a free account to a premium, there's no monthly contract.

Agreed. I think people are still sketchy over the visions of F2P and cash shop. I'm still fine with freenium. It means that if I don't want to play monthly, I dont have it to and can still play the game at its basic level. That's enough for me. I was willing to pay for the subscription before and still am now.

One thing you guys have to remember, quality game needs backing. So if you like the game as much as you did before the F2P announcement, you may as well pay for the extra stuff.

ClothoBuer
Apr 18, 2012, 05:54 AM
TAKE MY MONEY, JUST TAKE IT ALL!!!

I'M THROWING MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN, SEGA! WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING IT?!

Jokes aside, lots of cool stuff to look forward to tomorrow. Hopefully the adjustment to leveling won't make it horribly grind-y, I'd like to get my hands on that Weapon Hologram~

aslan_blue
Apr 18, 2012, 06:00 AM
At most, participants of closed beta can be reached 150,000, According to the official blog.
that's amazing!

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2012, 06:04 AM
Really people are gonna bitch because they have to spend money. Do you want Sega to be successful? Do you want this game to succeed? Or do you just want everything to be free with no compensation for the developers? What is wrong with some of you?

Mike
Apr 18, 2012, 06:06 AM
At most, participants of closed beta can be reached 150,000, According to the official blog.
that's amazing!

That's true. I guess that means the alpha testers didn't count towards the 100,000 target.

aslan_blue
Apr 18, 2012, 06:16 AM
Do the servers run 24/7 or on set times? Hope its the first

The server will be run 24/7, Unless there would be any problems.

Nurusanura
Apr 18, 2012, 06:59 AM
Cannot wait! :D

Tyreek
Apr 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
I already knew they game would go towards a JP PSU style freemium gameplay lol. However, I don't really like that they restricted free players to one character slot only. That's my only quip with this currently. Oh well.

Dinosaur
Apr 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
I already knew they game would go towards a JP PSU style freemium gameplay lol. However, I don't really like that they restricted free players to one character slot only. That's my only quip with this currently. Oh well.

You can always make another account = another character

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
The server will be run 24/7, Unless there would be any problems.

Cool beans, means i can play at normal time and don't have to wake up at 6 am or something on the weekends lol.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 18, 2012, 08:12 AM
Would it be possible for somebody to write a guide on how to do stuff in the game like what the hud says and stuff :( i dont japanese.

ttdestroy
Apr 18, 2012, 08:24 AM
Would it be possible for somebody to write a guide on how to do stuff in the game like what the hud says and stuff :( i dont japanese.

I wouldn't worry about that, this community always help one another. Soon there will be more guides than we know what to do with.

Just don't forget to say thx! :-)

Zeota
Apr 18, 2012, 08:26 AM

I'm sure someone will come out with one.

Also, this setup sounds quite reasonable. The only "WTF" part that stands out is the "no trading" for non-paying folks. At least they can still partake in the game's economy with player shops still so I guess it's ok.

Arika
Apr 18, 2012, 08:32 AM
and as a reward for being in the top three for the weeks rankingTop 3 from whole server (ship) seem tough. It is weird to only have just top 3 for this kind of things lol. Usually other game have top-100 or top-500.

It wasn't easy at the top-500 kills count at the first PSU-US MAG event to get spread needle at all, even the population is lower than what max of 1-ship can hold.

Sipher Mashai
Apr 18, 2012, 08:36 AM
To be honest it seems like there taking the DCUO approach to the F2P aspect. Hopefully with alot more content and support that game gets.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 18, 2012, 08:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5MLdm.jpg

Is it supposed to do this ._.

BIG OLAF
Apr 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
Is it supposed to do this ._.

Servers don't come up until about 3 AM (Eastern). Chill out.

Sipher Mashai
Apr 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
There is SEGA ID maintenance going on apparently. Which affects logging on and such

Noel Vermillion
Apr 18, 2012, 08:43 AM
Servers don't come up until about 3 AM (Eastern). Chill out.

I translated a message that popped out though and it said (in broken english) something about your settings needing to be 3 or higher.

Strider_M
Apr 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ah! The official blog today.... it's so much information!....

I....O.o....wha....o.O....you....O>O....>_<....=D....X_X *Mind blown*

*passes out*........*restored by Scape Doll*......o.o....

Hey!.... someone tell me cause I forgot,.... What is PSE again?!

Mike
Apr 18, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hey!.... someone tell me cause I forgot,.... What is PSE again?!
A "Photon Sensitive Event." It's a temporary boost like attack power boosts, bonus meseta, item drop rates up, etc.

There is SEGA ID maintenance going on apparently. Which affects logging on and such
That doesn't start for another 3 hours.

NoGoBoard
Apr 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
I'm glad that Arkz Cash gives you the ability to get extra skill trees and not better skill trees (y'know, like everyone else thought).

Mag-X
Apr 18, 2012, 09:18 AM
The only "WTF" part that stands out is the "no trading" for non-paying folks. At least they can still partake in the game's economy with player shops still so I guess it's ok.
No trading keeps you from making unlimited free accounts to get around the storage limit restriction. So, it's double B.S.

TalezMB
Apr 18, 2012, 09:22 AM

Could be worse. Could be Guild Wars 2. Pay $60 and still have to buy character slots.

Personally, I was prepared to pay a monthly sub to play PSO2 (SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!). If they have a monthly "premium" option I'll be taking it.

Arika
Apr 18, 2012, 09:29 AM
So no specific time for beta to open yet?

Hmm...I totally wouldn't mind paying for it but my bank card here in China may not work...

-Wayu

Should work. there is a small Chinese group that played in PSU-JP. I know some of them.

Ash1ey
Apr 18, 2012, 09:38 AM
I translated a message that popped out though and it said (in broken english) something about your settings needing to be 3 or higher.

The katakana in there says Server Maintanance. Not sure what the rest says though.

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 09:39 AM
So no specific time for beta to open yet?

Should work. there is a small Chinese group that played in PSU-JP. I know some of them.

Someone somewhere said that the CB starts 3am EST which is -5 GMT so 8am GMT/UTC

Kinaya
Apr 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
In Germany the Beta starts 9 in the morning

Skyly
Apr 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
Everything looks alright on the top layer! Job well done SEGA!
A part of me was expecting to read the game had a English option to play in but I was only wishful thinking.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
So if you don't have/pay for a room would you be considered "Homeless"?

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
So if you don't have/pay for a room would you be considered "Homeless"?

Going to another person's room is free.

ROOMATES!

r00tabaga
Apr 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
^ ^
Free loaders!

I like the F2P model more and more. I can play casually when I don't re-up my monthly "rent". Very different from sub games where U can't play AT ALL when you don't pay your sub.

Anyone know if extra character slots payed for are perm or temp?

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
Going to another person's room is free.

ROOMATES!

I'll be slumber partyin' it up with all the girls! :-P

Kinujou
Apr 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
I'll be slumber partyin' it up with all the girls! :-P

ill be sneaking in said slumber party!

Faiyez
Apr 18, 2012, 10:44 AM
Added the option to change zoom setting for the mouse wheel

My feedback right there :D

Kudwafter
Apr 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
i wonder what the limit is in someones room?

Aurakon
Apr 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
So Ship 2 huh? Sounds good to me. I managed to get in so I'll see everyone there at about 3am :D

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 10:49 AM

12 people!

Kudwafter
Apr 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
We need a 12 person party in someones room!

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 10:51 AM

More than 1
Less than 100

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
Heck, if people are crazy about trading, they'll rent a kiosk. You have to admit that trading in PSO made it real easy to get rares without actually playing the game to grind for them yourself. I can see where they are going with it. I don't mind paying, it will just be a pain to have to keep doing it.

thinktank001
Apr 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Personally, I was prepared to pay a monthly sub to play PSO2 (SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!). If they have a monthly "premium" option I'll be taking it.

Even if they have a premium option players are still paying for a half made game. Players still need to purchase; convience/decortative items and character/account expansions. All the " premium " option is nothing more than a bundle discount.

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Heck, if people are crazy about trading, they'll rent a kiosk. You have to admit that trading in PSO made it real easy to get rares without actually playing the game to grind for them yourself. I can see where they are going with it. I don't mind paying, it will just be a pain to have to keep doing it.

As probably the only person that has ever collected (as in obtained and held onto) every rare (and I do mean every rare) in PSO as legitimately as possible I have to say that it wasn't all that easy at all. Part of the fun of PSO is the find Rare and TRADING them. PSU removed this aspect of the game to a large extent and suffered for it.

Faiyez
Apr 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
ITT, lots of moaning about the game's revenue model by those who probably wouldn't even come near the game anyway, if it were monthly sub.

Zyrusticae
Apr 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
Aha, so it IS freemium.

At least that's been cleared up. Wishful thinking to think Sega would abandon the idea of monthly fees, eh?

ITT, lots of moaning about the game's revenue model by those who probably wouldn't even come near the game anyway, if it were monthly sub.
QFT, haha. Some real cheapskates out there...

I like the F2P model more and more. I can play casually when I don't re-up my monthly "rent". Very different from sub games where U can't play AT ALL when you don't pay your sub.
Pretty much, yeah.

It's basically a half, or maybe quarter-way point from P2P to F2P. Works for me! Especially since, unlike some games *cough Champs Online coughcough*, they don't restrict access to my characters based on a moronic tiering system (seriously, CO's system SUCKS).

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 11:55 AM
Still just wanted normal P2P...

Knew they would have P2P mixed with cash shop once arkz cash was found in the data. But I guess they can still get away with making the game "freemium" in the US (unlike with PSU) if they keep calling it normal free to play.

@rocksage: PSU had trading, PSP2 took all that stuff out. @_@

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 12:04 PM
I don't see anything out of the ordinary so I am really wondering why people think character slots and styles are going to cost a monthly fee. They won't be. While I can't 100% guarantee you I would put a pretty high, like 95% assureness rating on it that it won't be a monthly fee.

goldwing
Apr 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
Woot!!! To bad i wont get to play till friday :/ . But so far i cant complain seeing that id b paying for the monthly fee just the same. Nice its free at the base tho.

kazuma56
Apr 18, 2012, 12:34 PM
Going by the their "freemium" model, it looks like it mimics DC universe online.

Free - Premium - Legendary

Free has more or less the same restrictions bar trading in DCUO, premium is obtained on your account once 9+ dollars is spent on items/DLC. And, legendary is your typical $14 a month and has access to all DLC and character slots/item space etc.

I think i'll easily aim for premium

Zinaida
Apr 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
Everything's about as I expected, and I'm slightly glad the game is "freemium" rather than pay to play. I have random moments where I become casual on a game, so it'd be nice to have moments where I can play hardcore and spend cash, or play casually and not spend anything.

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 12:39 PM
Everything's about as I expected, and I'm slightly glad the game is "freemium" rather than pay to play. I have random moments where I become casual on a game, so it'd be nice to have moments where I can play hardcore and spend cash, or play casually and not spend anything.

That's the way to think. Pay for what you specifically want at a specific time. Water bill higher than usual? Free it up.

hbmizzle10
Apr 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
Really people are gonna bitch because they have to spend money. Do you want Sega to be successful? Do you want this game to succeed? Or do you just want everything to be free with no compensation for the developers? What is wrong with some of you?

the developers are already getting compensated for their efforts regardless, plus Sega is already a successfully running company. we are just paying them more money. which is not neccessary

Zyrusticae
Apr 18, 2012, 01:56 PM
the developers are already getting compensated for their efforts regardless, plus Sega is already a successfully running company. we are just paying them more money. which is not neccessary

looooool

You don't quite get how capitalism works, do you? :roll:

Demon-
Apr 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Soooo.... looks like I'm paying for the monthly premium package.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2012, 01:58 PM

Not necessary? No, the dev money is an investment. They need to make enough from payments to make it back, cover the ongoing costs of running the game, and also make a bit of profit.

Right now, the entire PSO2 project is technically in the red.

hbmizzle10
Apr 18, 2012, 01:59 PM
the problem proceeds when a gaming company tells its pc consumers that its game is free to play when in all actuality its not. yes it might be free to play but your not going to get all access to the game than this other person who payed for it. i dont know why would Sega do this to their own community especially when a majority of them are just fans of the game. since a majority of the fans are relatively small in the first place this isnt a smart decision on their part. unfortunately this free to play scheme is only going to divide the phantasy star community further. it's a shame in my opinion.

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
the problem proceeds when a gaming company tells its pc consumers that its game is free to play when in all actuality its not. yes it might be free to play but your not going to get all access to the game than this other person who payed for it. i dont know why would Sega do this to their own community especially when a majority of them are just fans of the game. since a majority of the fans are relatively small in the first place this isnt a smart decision on their part. unfortunately this free to play scheme is only going to divide the phantasy star community further. it's a shame in my opinion.

How is it a scheme? Sega claimed "free-to-play". There's no false advertisement, and it's certainly not called "Fully Free-to-play". This argument actually goes way back and I hate to beat on the dead horse with ya. :p

Did people have a problem with PSU being P2P with no free option? Sure, but people either still played or didn't care.

goldwing
Apr 18, 2012, 02:16 PM

hows it not free to play when its free to play? Even you admited its free to play. I get what your trying to say but its kinda contradicting its self. Is someone mad?

Misto
Apr 18, 2012, 02:26 PM

You seem to have a very poor understanding about things like ROI, cost of ownership, as well as cost of maintenance.

hbmizzle10
Apr 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
eh i think ill like it better if i just payed 50 to 60 bucks for the entire game than just pay extra for everything else(which untimely ends up being more costly). plus think about the people who dont have the money(or cant spare it) to pay for the extra stuff? why should they miss out on the whole game experience? dont you think that is unfair?

Misto
Apr 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
eh i think ill like it better if i just payed 50 to 60 bucks for the entire game than just pay extra for everything else(which untimely ends up being more costly). plus think about the people who dont have the money(or cant spare it) to pay for the extra stuff? why should they miss out on the whole game experience? dont you think that is unfair?

Why should poor people miss out on a luxury? You serious?

KaoPyro
Apr 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
... as well as cost of maintenance.

This hits the nail on the head. Maintaining a very good server (for reliability) costs money. However, I think myroom rent would be more than sufficient. The pay to trade needs to go. I'll be running the beta as if I can't pay a cent, and see just how handicapped I feel.

goldwing
Apr 18, 2012, 02:42 PM

Lifes unfair as we are taught and yes many of us wish it were unfair in our favor its just not going to happen. They to have to make up money somewhere along the line. Look at it this way. Would you rather have it b a monthly fee where as ppl with no money cant play vs free to play with extras but at a price?

Ce'Nedra
Apr 18, 2012, 02:55 PM
Just thought of something...is there stated anywhere you can load your characters from the char demo into the beta? dont feel like spending 30 mins creating my char again lol

reptile7383
Apr 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
Pay-to-trade seems like a terrible idea. Everything else though is great. No inital cost will attract a lot of new players, while the store and rentals will give Sega the ability to make money and continue to support this game.

As long as it doesn't become a pay-2-win game then I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Edit: quick question, would we still be able to drop trade? I drop an item then my friend picks it up?

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
Why should poor people miss out on a luxury? You serious?

Same reason why poor people can't eat. They don't have the money for it!

Zyrusticae
Apr 18, 2012, 03:51 PM

Ah, the joys of capitalism... ;-)

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm rich, I have no part in this.....

Dokudoku
Apr 18, 2012, 04:01 PM
quick question, would we still be able to drop trade? I drop an item then my friend picks it up?

Second this question. Can anybody confirm there was drop trading in the alpha?

NoiseHERO
Apr 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
Just thought of something...is there stated anywhere you can load your characters from the char demo into the beta? dont feel like spending 30 mins creating my char again lol

YEAH, they said you could.

It's just a file, you should be able to load it with the beta/actual game's character creator system

Kazzi
Apr 18, 2012, 04:15 PM
Pay-to-trade seems like a terrible idea. Everything else though is great. No inital cost will attract a lot of new players, while the store and rentals will give Sega the ability to make money and continue to support this game.

As long as it doesn't become a pay-2-win game then I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Edit: quick question, would we still be able to drop trade? I drop an item then my friend picks it up?

I could drop trade in the first alpha but I never bothered to check in the 2nd alpha. I'd imagine they'd disable it to utilize more money.

Either way, ngl I'm pissed we have to pay to even be able to trade at all :/

AzureBlaze
Apr 18, 2012, 04:29 PM
Isn't the "pay to trade" their anti-hack method?

Like if some duper starts duping & selling via ebay or something meseta or weps or whatever, they can ban it, which would then force the duper to buy another trade license and lose any money they made off of their dupey sales to the general population. They can just keep banning these hax people who turn up and make them lose the trade fee every time.

Because I guess they're idea is that most of the 'worst hax' were wep/money/etc ones, and that's certainly an efficient way to knock it out because (so I hear) Gameguard is super shabby at actual security, so they needed another way to fix stuff.

I am fine with this freemium stuff...
So long as the monthly 'dues' for having great play-ability add up to what a 'normal sub fee' would of been anyway. I was 100% prepared to BUY the game and then BUY the monthly fee whatever it was the entire time so this doesn't bother me. I mean, I'm hoping its not like 30/mo for all the stuff.

It's just if they're gonna play this freemium up, International/Eng ver. BETTER BETTER be treated with respect/updates/all the stuff in a timely manner or it'll fold faster than a turbo origami. "I'll just play free till they give us content"......never gives content....game collapse/terminate. That's what PSU would of been. But they seem to have learned their lesson, so we hope for the best.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
lol fold faster than turbo origami

that's good man

Dokudoku
Apr 18, 2012, 04:42 PM
It's just if they're gonna play this freemium up, International/Eng ver. BETTER BETTER be treated with respect/updates/all the stuff in a timely manner or it'll fold faster than a turbo origami. "I'll just play free till they give us content"......never gives content....game collapse/terminate. That's what PSU would of been. But they seem to have learned their lesson, so we hope for the best.

:lol:

But really, yeah, and like thinktank said,
Even if they have a premium option players are still paying for a half made game

I hope the money goes to funding the creation of new, fun, possibly endgame areas, instead of funding the creation of new, flashy, cash shop items.

That's the problem with all free-to-play games – the money is used to appeal more to the new players and drag people in to purchase useless, stupid items, while actual content is rarely updated.

Pay-to-play games work like this – money is used to make new awesome content & enemies to keep the current subscribers happy and paying. P2P always makes for a better game and experience.

As I said before, I hope they will update with true content instead of garbage cash bologna.

Misto
Apr 18, 2012, 05:08 PM

You don't need PSO to live. :-|

kyuuketsuki
Apr 18, 2012, 05:26 PM
Second this question. Can anybody confirm there was drop trading in the alpha?
In the second alpha, you could not drop items onto the ground. Given that you have to pay Arks Cash to get the trade function, I doubt they'll allow it since that would be an obvious means to bypass the pay-to-trade function.

KaoPyro
Apr 18, 2012, 05:29 PM
In the second alpha, you could not drop items onto the ground. Given that you have to pay Arks Cash to get the trade function, I doubt they'll allow it since that would be an obvious means to bypass the pay-to-trade function.

If I were them I'd allow it. While drop trading is a bypass, it's also inconvenient and dangerous. People pay for security, and a loophole makes SEGA look less like thieves. This is all IMO of course.

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 05:37 PM
If I were them I'd allow it. While drop trading is a bypass, it's also inconvenient and dangerous. People pay for security, and a loophole makes SEGA look less like thieves. This is all IMO of course.

Join a mission only with trader. Bypassed. :C

In MMOs, convenience is nothing!

therealAERO
Apr 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
You could drop monomates and basic items such as that in the alpha.

Xenobia
Apr 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
looooool

You don't quite get how capitalism works, do you? :roll:
Im sure you do know its deal... sometimes you even gonna tell me its secrets.

Leading to the question, where is the money located at? They create new bank bill every single day and still nothing to eat.

Ahh! Capitalism.. sacre bleu.

Rei-San
Apr 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
It is basically confirmed that I will not be around for the Closed Beta.:( I got my letter, but my PC will not be fixed before the test ends. Hopefully I will be around for the Open beta...

Griffin
Apr 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
You don't need PSO to live. :-|

Point exactly! It's easier to play freemium PSO than eat! It's that simple!

Xenobia
Apr 18, 2012, 06:33 PM
Why? Go take your piece of ground and set some plants and then gnaw on them. Oh wait? Ground been rationalised and capitalized? Mon dieu...

Rizen
Apr 18, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure most of us are college students or beyond....that being said.... I'm pretty sure your diets can take a 10$ hit once a month.

If not, then you need to learn how to expand a dollar. :P

Xenobia
Apr 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
He is eating une banane, a cup of coffee and 1 hardened bread... a day. So where to save up?

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
I feel notepad will be my best friend until some form of a guide comes out Lol I'm glad we'll be able to play from the 19th straight to the 28th since for me the menu's and such will be a learning curve.

Zeota
Apr 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
OMG it's an evil corporation trying to *gasp* make money!

OMG OMG OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

I'll probably fry for this, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siW43SXk2Ac&feature=g-hist&context=G2095eebAHT49NogAGAA

kyuuketsuki
Apr 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
OMG it's an evil corporation trying to *gasp* make money!
Yeah, let's not get on that subject. Suffice to say that giving businesses a free pass to do whatever they want in the pursuit of profit because making a profit is their purpose is... silly, and revolves around a type of circular logic as well as a highly distorted view of reality.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
Question about Gamepads, more so anyone who uses a Ps3 controller for the PC.

I have the latest version of Motionjoy, I have connected my Ps3 controller to play a few games more then enough times to know all the simple steps. One of the main problems I have is when I'm playing a game, could be a few minutes into said game or an hour. My controller just stops working and I have to unplug it then do all the steps again. I was wondering, could it be my Usb wire that is the cause? Or something else?

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
Question about Gamepads, more so anyone who uses a Ps3 controller for the PC.

I have the latest version of Motionjoy, I have connected my Ps3 controller to play a few games more then enough times to know all the simple steps. One of the main problems I have is when I'm playing a game, could be a few minutes into said game or an hour. My controller just stops working and I have to unplug it then do all the steps again. I was wondering, could it be my Usb wire that is the cause? Or something else?

If you have bluetooth I could show you how to use it wirelessly. But as for it disconnecting it could be the USB.

I use motionjoy religiously haha

Zyrusticae
Apr 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, let's not get on that subject. Suffice to say that giving businesses a free pass to do whatever they want in the pursuit of profit because making a profit is their purpose is... silly, and revolves around a type of circular logic as well as a highly distorted view of reality.
Obviously, but to be TOTALLY OUTRAGED and SHOCKED that this sort of thing is happening is entirely silly, because you should absolutely, 100%, without question be expecting it.

I like how folks continue to act outraged at businesses themselves, and don't even consider being angry at, y'know, the system that propogates and encourages that very behavior...

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
If you have bluetooth I could show you how to use it wirelessly. But as for it disconnecting it could be the USB.

I use motionjoy religiously haha

Lol I was planning on getting a bluetooth since I want to see PSO2 on the "Big Screen" and my desktop is not close to the Tv. When it comes to Bluetooth's, does it matter which one I get?

I'll try it out with a different USB just to be sure, luckily enough I came into a spare one a few days ago.

Lmao Yeah it's awesome, not long ago I finally went to learn about mapping keyboard/mouse controls to a gamepad.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
Obviously, but to be TOTALLY OUTRAGED and SHOCKED that this sort of thing is happening is entirely silly, because you should absolutely, 100%, without question be expecting it.
Oh sure, I never expect a business to act in any other way. Doesn't mean it should be that way or that one should be okay with it.
I like how folks continue to act outraged at businesses themselves, and don't even consider being angry at, y'know, the system that propogates and encourages that very behavior...
Well, I'm not sure how you attack an abstract concept like that. It's ultimately up to each business's leaders to decide how that business is going to act, and they're culpable for their actions regardless of if some "system" encourages them to act that way or not.

Just because a system might encourage someone to, say, blow up my car, doesn't mean I'm not going to hold it against the person who ultimately made the decision to blow up my car and acted on it.

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 07:31 PM
Lol I was planning on getting a bluetooth since I want to see PSO2 on the "Big Screen" and my desktop is not close to the Tv. When it comes to Bluetooth's, does it matter which one I get?

I'll try it out with a different USB just to be sure, luckily enough I came into a spare one a few days ago.

Lmao Yeah it's awesome, not long ago I finally went to learn about mapping keyboard/mouse controls to a gamepad.

All I can say is get one that will reach where you are, but besides that just get a 5 dollar doogle or less.

Xenobia
Apr 18, 2012, 07:31 PM

I like how folks continue to act outraged at businesses themselves, and don't even consider being angry at,...
Anger? 100 000 gigo boomas... are here to satisfy you. In reality, you will be facing 100 000 policeman, make your choice carefully.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 18, 2012, 07:33 PM
All I can say is get one that will reach where you are, but besides that just get a 5 dollar doogle or less.

They actually cost that cheap??

Ark22
Apr 18, 2012, 07:37 PM
Okay I sorta lied more like 8-15 plus shipping the cheapest one I found was $0.01 but with shipping maybe more.

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Mini-Bluetooth-Dongle-USB-BT211/dp/B0041UJVI2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1334795731&sr=8-5

This looks pretty beast.

But just find a doogle =D

Xenobia
Apr 18, 2012, 07:39 PM
Just because a system might encourage someone to, say, blow up my car, doesn't mean I'm not going to hold it against the person who ultimately made the decision to blow up my car and acted on it.
Well the thing is, that the gain of another is in long term the most powerful solution. So the system might look promising by robbing and leeching the hell out of the victims, but thats a short time gain, and it will over long time always cause a negative impact. So, no matter which path they chose, the path of constant leech doesnt exist. In many terms, a agressive and to much self centered path can cause great destructions. Finally its up to themself how to handle it. The system does encourage but it doesnt set the rules, the rules ultimately is set by the final executor, so i indeed do agree you.

The peoples correct way in order to express theyr displeasure is not to buy the stuff. That will make them having to increase the quality of theyr offers. But as long as people are willing to accept, it means they dont care enough and can freely be leeched out. So, people are indeed not powerless but as long as they dont make use of theyr power, they have to face the destiny of theyr bad karma.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 18, 2012, 07:47 PM
They actually cost that cheap??
$12.99 with a $5 MIR, comes out to $7.99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320057). And it's not a no-name brand.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
$12.99 with a $5 MIR, comes out to $7.99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320057). And it's not a no-name brand.

Asus plus that price, looks pretty good to me. I think I'm going to order it right now Lol Thanks, both to you and Ark22.

Dragwind
Apr 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty excited. I have a whole pot of coffee ready, and I intend on playing PSU all night until it's time for testing.