PDA

View Full Version : Crash message

LazyRob
Apr 19, 2012, 02:51 AM
Is anyone able to translate this message

I am able to start up the game just fine. However I keep getting this error sometime between the character select screen and the opening dialogue with the blonde haired NPC

Jorrell
Apr 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ye for some reason i keep getting this error message aswell .. il be playing perfectly fine for 20 minutes then the screen freezes and i get that error message. I never had this in the last Alpha s really dont know wats causing it..Any help would be appreciated

Fujiko
Apr 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
I have been getting this since the beta went live. Tried reinstalling, updating drivers, I can't figure it out.

Crashes about every 3-4 minutes without fail.

Jorrell
Apr 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ah lil frustrating was just nearing the end of the emergency quest an it froze .. im guessing its not to do with the lag / connection issues because the connection seems to have cleared up from this morning . What are you guys playing on ? im using a laptop Asus u46 Geforcegt540m, tbh i dont kno much about Cpu's but it seemed to last longer after i put it on the lowest setting, although this laptop can run pso2 fine on medium ..like i said i had no issue with the last test :-?

Fujiko
Apr 19, 2012, 03:18 PM
i7 2600k
GTX 580
6GB Ram

I scored around 9,000 in the benchmark on max settings @ 1080P. I don't think it's a hardware thing. Windows or driver issue is all I can think of. Possibly a program GG doesn't agree with.

Going to reformat my PC to see how that goes.

Jorrell
Apr 19, 2012, 05:05 PM
Ok ima try a few things see if i can figure it out, let me kno if u have any luck reformatting

Blitzkommando
Apr 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
想定外のエラーが発生しました。
そうていがいのエラーがはっせいしました。 In case you wanted the kana for whatever reason.
"An unexpected error has occurred."

Unfortunately, it's pretty cryptic. If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you might find more information if you go into the Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, and check the Event Viewer. The Application Log should be where it would tell you what happened, if PSO2 reported any details on the error when it crashed they should be there.

Fujiko
Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM
I reformated my PC, then reinstalled PSO2 with nothing else outside of drivers. Still getting the crashing error. Event viewer is not showing anything for PSO2 or any errors at all.

I am pretty stumped now.

Fujiko
Apr 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
I am not sure if this fixed my problem 100% yet. I opened the config file for PSO2 and changed surround = true to false and it stopped crashing for me.

I was able to finish the tutorial and enter the lobby and do a few quests until maintenance kicked in about 40 minutes later.

*edit* Have the client idle in the background, it would crash 2 minutes after it loaded without fail, it's still going strong.

Dragwind
Apr 20, 2012, 01:08 AM
I am not sure if this fixed my problem 100% yet. I opened the config file for PSO2 and changed surround = true to false and it stopped crashing for me.

I was able to finish the tutorial and enter the lobby and do a few quests until maintenance kicked in about 40 minutes later.

*edit* Have the client idle in the background, it would crash 2 minutes after it loaded without fail, it's still going strong.

Interesting. Update me on whether this fix still works after the servers come back up. What made you decide to change that parameter?

Fujiko
Apr 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
Interesting. Update me on whether this fix still works after the servers come back up. What made you decide to change that parameter?

I had tried changing all graphics settings and it kept crashing. So I then started using process of elimination. Turned surround off, I was then able to finish the intro quest, get to lobby 20, dance around with the others, do some quests, etc. Hoping it is not a fluke.

*edit* Guess it was a fluke, got the error again after patching the client and logging in. Back to the drawing board.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:10 AM
I don't know if this is helpful or not but that looks like the error message Game Guard spits out when it can't connect to the internet.

Fujiko
Apr 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
I figured it out... it was a process running in the background GG didn't like.

Tested it multiple times, killed the exe, PSO2 doesn't crash. When I load that program again, PSO2 immediately crashes giving me that unexpected error.

So all I can say for anyone else having the same problem, is to check all the processes running.

Rojhan
Apr 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
http://gyazo.com/858ed55454c259f71ea8831f53d7bb39.png

This is the crash message I get, after the first cut scene with the blonde NPC. Is there any solution on Windows 7?

Meena09
Apr 21, 2012, 12:48 AM
Not sure if my crash is the same but I've noticed that whenever i'm in a multi-party environment the game will crash whenever players (both real and NPC) in the party would speak.

for some reason the game Lags up and the screen blacks out for the duration of the message, when the message is over it's fine and game play resumes normally. The blacking out of the screen causes the resolution to change which causes a crash.

I resolved this issue by changing the to full screen. Although this stop the crash from happening when NPC's talked, the lagging, and blacking out throughout the duration of the message persist. When actual players type messages my entire computer crashes.

this only happens when i'm in multi-party enviorments.

vPharaohv
Apr 21, 2012, 02:13 PM

This is the crash message I get, after the first cut scene with the blonde NPC. Is there any solution on Windows 7?

I keep getting that crash message as well.

Dr. Pariolo
Apr 21, 2012, 06:19 PM

so is a friend of mine, happens when shes about to select character.
anyone has any idea how to fix it?
tried disabling firewall etc, and switching to fullscreen, , tried to reinstall the whole game and ran the file check option, and no luck

Meena09
Apr 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
yeah it's causing my intel graphics driver to fail, not sure why but this only happens in MPA's

Rojhan
Apr 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
I fixed it - just lower the settings, save them, and you'll get through

Chives
Apr 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
Not sure if my crash is the same but I've noticed that whenever i'm in a multi-party environment the game will crash whenever players (both real and NPC) in the party would speak.

this only happens when i'm in multi-party enviorments.

I have the exact same problem. I get in a game and its all fine, then either an NPC talks or another player does and it crashes. I've found solo-ing and disabling multi-party allows me to last longer, but eventually some npc is going to start yapping away.

The worst thing is that some chick talks to you over comm when you defeat a rockbear which causes the game to crash straight away, which means I cant pick up any drops! No mag for me. >_<

All I can do now is suicide.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
try game booster it turns off unnecessary processes

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

shorty502
Jun 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hey new here was wondering if anyone found a fix for this. Cause when i start my game it loads up game guard then a screen pops up like its going to start but then i get this error. I have tried everything i can think of.

Jack Noir
Jul 5, 2012, 09:22 AM

Tested it multiple times, killed the exe, PSO2 doesn't crash. When I load that program again, PSO2 immediately crashes giving me that unexpected error.

So all I can say for anyone else having the same problem, is to check all the processes running.

What exe was it? I get this error after I click the start button in the launcher. GG does its thing, then the game will start up and... black screen and an error the same as LazyRob's.

Exizil
Jul 21, 2012, 02:15 AM
Everyone, I know I am just a lurker, but thanks for the suggestions. This error is horrible.

First off, I have a top of the line Alienware computer with Windows 7. So I knew from the start it wasn't a hardware problem. My "unexpected error" came right after the patching was done and the opening movie was about to start. I tried everything you suggested and I will tell you how I finally got it to work in the hopes that it helps someone else down the line.

Attempts:
Reinstalled 2 times: Didn't fix it.
Ran Windows Update: Didn't Fix it.
Updated NVidia Driver: Didn't Fix it.
Turned off Windows Firewall: Didn't fix it.
Uninstalled Avast: Didn't fix it.
Turned off all processes one by one: Didn't fix it (though the opening would play if I turned off the DNS processes and thus took the computer off line).
Did combinations of all those above: Didn't fix it.

The Solution:
1) Get a second computer that is running Windows XP
2) Install PSO2 on the XP computer and patch it
3) Copy the whole directory "C:\Program Files\SEGA\" to a USB Drive.
4) Put the USB drive in the Windows 7 computer
5) Copy the "SEGA" folder to C:\Program Files (not C:\Program Files (x86))
6) Run the launcher (from H:\Games\PSO2 Installed\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2la uncher.exe) and it should all work.

I saw the solution posted somewhere else on the boards as a fix to a different error. I have no idea why it works, all I know is it did. I hope this helps anyone else who has had the same problem.

If a mod could add my solution to "The Great Error Thread! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194598)" I would be grateful.

DeathByPogs
Jul 21, 2012, 03:25 AM
This error has something to do with windows 7. I initially started playing on windows 7 and this error/freeze kept happening non-stop. I switched over to xp and it works fine. Also, you should not have to lower the graphics to avoid an error message just to play a game, especially if your graphic capabilities are more than adequate.

Someone please figure out what this error is so that I can continue playing on windows 7!!

Exizil
Jul 21, 2012, 04:42 AM
This error has something to do with windows 7. I initially started playing on windows 7 and this error/freeze kept happening non-stop. I switched over to xp and it works fine. Also, you should not have to lower the graphics to avoid an error message just to play a game, especially if your graphic capabilities are more than adequate.

Someone please figure out what this error is so that I can continue playing on windows 7!!

Like I posted above. Install it on an XP machine, patch it and then move all the installed files onto your windows 7 machine. It should work (at least it worked for me).

TaigaUC
Jul 21, 2012, 08:17 AM
I don't recall the exact message, but I've had the game suddenly close with an error two or three times now, completely out of the blue.

I bet it's GameGuard being incompetent. It also prevents me from booting a lot of programs once PSO2 is running, including FireFox.

ECM
Aug 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Was there ever a solution to the player/NPC talks and the game crashes in MP area bug? It seems every day some other friend of mine is running into some sort of game-stopper bug, but this one keeps coming up (and all on integrated Intel graphics).

drock2312
Mar 19, 2013, 09:07 PM

what process was it that was messing with it? I have been getting the same error and tried all your steps even killing multiple processes but no solution