PDA

View Full Version : Game Pad options help?

ShadowDragon28
Apr 19, 2012, 03:18 AM
ok can anyone help me out.. I can't seem to figure out how to assign free camera controls to the right Analog stick on my pc game pad....

Emmie
Apr 19, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm having the same problem. I think SEGA is having a repeat of alpha2's early controller issues.

RocSage
Apr 19, 2012, 04:04 AM
my 360 controller works fine >.>

Tyreek
Apr 19, 2012, 06:44 AM
My Logitech controller seems to have been affected by this issue. Again lol. Come on Sega you got it right with your Alpha 2 patch. Apply it again. My button controls have been altered (Square is jump, O is shoot) and the R3 joystick is screwy. It won't do rotations, but instead locks on if I touch it.

moorebounce
Apr 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
my 360 controller works fine >.>

Ditto on that. I haven't had any problems with my 360 controller at all.

Anon_Fire
Apr 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hang on a second, I'm having this exact same issue.

Meena09
Apr 21, 2012, 01:27 AM
360 control works fine, Amen to that, just wish there was some way to remap some of the keys, I've accidentally accepting things by hitting "B" to back out

Alenoir
Apr 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
There's an option in the *cough*Option menu that allows you to assign keys to functions. Have you tried that? :o

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2012, 01:35 AM
I've asked around a bit and from what I got....only 360 controller seem to work right and automatically configures to it.
I don't even see an option in game to configure Right analog to be camera... :/

My right analog does some odd stuff:
Move to left: Evade
Move to right: Use whatever item the cursor is on in the palette.

I haven't even attempted first person in game seeing that I'm using controller w/o camera view pretty much keep pressing "Q" the button that forces camera to aim where your character is looking...

There's an option in the *cough*Option menu that allows you to assign keys to functions. Have you tried that? :o

I'll check again later but I really don't recall seeing any option that let you assign on gamepad what controlled the camera

SpishackCola
Apr 22, 2012, 09:54 PM
I've asked around a bit and from what I got....only 360 controller seem to work right and automatically configures to it.

I haven't even attempted first person in game seeing that I'm using controller w/o camera view pretty much keep pressing "Q" the button that forces camera to aim where your character is looking...

I'll check again later but I really don't recall seeing any option that let you assign on gamepad what controlled the camera
Have any luck reassigning camera rotation?

Quebe_Lae
Apr 22, 2012, 09:58 PM

Same exact issue. Using the logitech with dual analog stick. the one that's basically a ps2 controller. maybe i should just tru and plug my xbox one in?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
Idk how.....but i somehow got it to work....

SpishackCola
Apr 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yes! I just found out how to assign camera rotation to the right analog stick on non-360 controllers.

Go into options and make your way to this screen and select "ケームパッド初期設定" (second option under the second expandable option set.)
[spoiler-box]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SpishackCola/PSO2Beta/pso20120422_221237_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Next, click the top button on the right side and you get this popup.
[spoiler-box]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SpishackCola/PSO2Beta/pso20120422_221240_002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

First, move the left analog stick up (leave it there) and hit whatever you have your B button set to. Then move the left analog stick to the left (leave it there) and hit the B button again.

Next, move the right analog stick right up (leave it there) and hit the B button. Finally, move the right analog stick to the left (leave it there) and hit the B button.

Save your settings with the leftmost button at the bottom of the window (click on 'Yes'/'はい after clicking the big button.) Now you should be all set!

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ironically since my "X" button doesnt work I know longer have a button for evade haha

SpishackCola
Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
Ironically since my "X" button doesnt work I know longer have a button for evade haha
You'll be the best just block/defender out there though!

Quebe_Lae
Apr 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yes! I just found out how to assign camera rotation to the right analog stick on non-360 controllers.

Go into options and make your way to this screen and select "ケームパッド初期設定" (second option under the second expandable option set.)
[spoiler-box]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SpishackCola/PSO2Beta/pso20120422_221237_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SpishackCola/PSO2Beta/pso20120422_221240_002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

First, move the left analog stick up (leave it there) and hit whatever you have your B button set to. Then move the left analog stick to the left (leave it there) and hit the B button again.

Next, move the right analog stick right up (leave it there) and hit the B button. Finally, move the right analog stick to the left (leave it there) and hit the B button.

Save your settings with the leftmost button at the bottom of the window (click on 'Yes'/'はい after clicking the big button.) Now you should be all set!
Aaaaaaah you are the best! Yaaaaay now I can play my ranger!!

With this, dodge ended up being R3: IE when you press the right analog stick down.

SpishackCola
Apr 23, 2012, 06:59 PM
Aaaaaaah you are the best! Yaaaaay now I can play my ranger!!

With this, dodge ended up being R3: IE when you press the right analog stick down.
You can change the gamepad button configurations in the option right below "ケームパッド初期設定".

SakoHaruo
Apr 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
If you have Xpadder set the mouse to the right analog stick, problem solved :)

P.S. Only use Xpadder for the cam controls. works perfect 100%. And make sure you remove anything mapped to the right analog stick in PSO2 before using Xpadder.

Xenobia
Apr 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
For those looking to get a gamepad, there is only 1 winner at current time: Xbox360 for Windows Pad, combined with a BC-700 Charger and Eneloop-XX (http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Capacity-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0058GZWXQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335242130&sr=8-3) accus. Will last several days of hardcore gameplay or a week of casual gameplay without a single charge. While the pad works absolutly flawless and is giving 2 different warnings when accu is down before it will reach critical value. The Eneloop-XX accus, Japan made, in my tests are handling 2.71 [email protected] (much more than its description), which is just insane. Im extremely happy with so i like to share.

The PS2 Pad does only have a LI cell with a charge of ~0.6Ah, which, sadly, is noticed because it runs out of charge much faster and its worse at handling.

Ah values are real value, no fake value, most accus got fake descriptions, so they do not handle the charge which is "promised" on the package..

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2012, 06:53 AM
Is there a way to change the "a" button and "b" button on the 360?

Basically I want A to do what B does and vice versa :)

Niwa_Daisuke
Apr 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
I followed the instructions to fix the camera problem, but I still have the same problem. The camera moves by itself in circles, well atleast the rest of the controller works...

SpishackCola
Apr 24, 2012, 07:07 PM
Is there a way to change the "a" button and "b" button on the 360?

Basically I want A to do what B does and vice versa :)
Go to options, second expandable menu, third choice under that menu, click the top right tab on the right side of the window (tab actually says "window" in Japanese.) Click the box (変更) next to each button you want to change and press the button you want to do that action.
[spoiler-box]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SpishackCola/PSO2Beta/pso20120424_185735_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Niwa_Daisuke
Apr 24, 2012, 08:10 PM

Just noticed two things, one the second bar on the first screen shot it appears grey and second after I move the right stick to the left and hit accept it appears a controller telling me to hit left trigger and accept. Also I noticed the game thinks that I am using a normal controller instead of a Xbox 360 one and still what you said doesn't work o.O.

Syl
Apr 24, 2012, 08:20 PM
It's been fine on my PS3 controller. Making the PS3 drivers on my PC work on the other hand, that wasn't pleasantly easy. ;l

FrostNova
Apr 25, 2012, 07:37 AM
Ds3 Tool and ps3 controller works perfectly. Just set it to Xbox360 Controller Emulator and you're good to go.