PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Questions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 03:41 AM
Didn't see one, so decided to make a relevant topic.

First off: can I shift a character data file from a CC on another computer to this computer somehow? Just the .fnp file doesn't work; the file shows up as ???? in the character creator.

-Wayu

MelancholyWitch
Apr 19, 2012, 03:43 AM
Not really 100% sure but I'd say just make a copy of it send it to your other computer and move it to the appropriate folder, the one in your documents I believe, it should read it just fine there.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 03:47 AM
Tried that, it doesn't work.

-Wayu

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 19, 2012, 03:51 AM
This is probably a REALLY stupid question but I can't seem to be able to switch weapons, or add weapons to the palette. I seem to have gotten a launcher (at least I THINK its a launcher), and tried to equip it, but no cigar.

Thanks in advance!

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 03:55 AM
Additional question: I know character data is saved computer-side, but if I sign in and use a character file on one computer, if I sign in on another will the character still be there? Or do I have to use another character?

-Wayu

MelancholyWitch
Apr 19, 2012, 03:55 AM
Tried that, it doesn't work.

-Wayu

this is just a guess but do you have the character creation installed on the computer you are wanting to play on ?

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 19, 2012, 03:56 AM
Additional question: I know character data is saved computer-side, but if I sign in and use a character file on one computer, if I sign in on another will the character still be there? Or do I have to use another character?

-Wayu

I'm almost positive that using that file and signing in on a different computer will still have the character be there.

So, being 99% sure, you should be able to use that character on any computer.

Akiyama
Apr 19, 2012, 03:58 AM
So.. parites max out at 4? I thought I read you could make extende dparties.. but then again, dunno if that's in CB.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
this is just a guess but do you have the character creation installed on the computer you are wanting to play on ?

Yes.

It's ???? in the CC as well.

-Wayu

Pyrii
Apr 19, 2012, 04:27 AM
I'm having trouble finding any strafing options, where should I be looking? I don't see any in the keyboard settings, although my japanese is poor so I could be missing it.

Xaeris
Apr 19, 2012, 04:41 AM
This is probably a REALLY stupid question but I can't seem to be able to switch weapons, or add weapons to the palette. I seem to have gotten a launcher (at least I THINK its a launcher), and tried to equip it, but no cigar.

Thanks in advance!

To do this, consult this picture:

[spoiler-box]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PSO2/pso20120419_053754_026.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Picking the option I have highlighted will take you here:

[spoiler-box]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PSO2/pso20120419_053845_027.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

From there, pick which palette loadout you want to add it to. In order to change between loadouts, use up/down on the control pad if you're using a controller, or the scroll wheel if you're using a mouse.

thepspgamer
Apr 19, 2012, 04:53 AM
probably a stupid question, but im stuck in what looks like my room, just after you log in for the very first time, and i cant for the life of me work out what the hell im ment to do to get out...when i try and access anything i just get a message that is no help whatsoever

any thoughts? xD

edit: nvm, worked it out xD

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 19, 2012, 04:54 AM
To do this, consult this picture:

[spoiler-box]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PSO2/pso20120419_053754_026.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Picking the option I have highlighted will take you here:

[spoiler-box]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/PSO2/pso20120419_053845_027.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

From there, pick which palette loadout you want to add it to. In order to change between loadouts, use up/down on the control pad if you're using a controller, or the scroll wheel if you're using a mouse.

Thank you so much!

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 05:03 AM
I'm having trouble finding any strafing options, where should I be looking? I don't see any in the keyboard settings, although my japanese is poor so I could be missing it.

The only strafe type movement I've found is if I lock on using TAB I can then use A and D to strafe around enemies, I'm a ranger btw.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 19, 2012, 05:05 AM
1. Where is the tekker?
2. How do you hover on cast? :/

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 05:09 AM
1. Where is the tekker?

You choose hover option when you make your character.

How do you exit the matter board after speaking to the NPC, which brings it up automatically?

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
1. Where is the tekker?

2. When creating a cast there is an option near the bottom to have running or hovering animation. If you chose hover just keep moving forward for a couple seconds and you'll start hovering, just like other characters running. If you didn't choose hover and left it as run, I have no idea if there is a way to change it.

EDIT: Ninja'd

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
You choose hover option when you make your character.

How do you exit the matter board after speaking to the NPC, which brings it up automatically?

Just choose the next objective and it should close.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 05:12 AM
Just choose the next objective and it should close.

I just get an error sound when I click any part of the board.

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 05:22 AM
I just get an error sound when I click any part of the board.

It should be like an expanded blue node, you click on that one. or just try pressing esc. but going to the next objective did it for me.

Vashyron
Apr 19, 2012, 05:25 AM
Yo how do I buy premium? :v

Versecity
Apr 19, 2012, 05:26 AM
Three questions from me.. :)

1) You can only get clothes from the Scratch machine correct?
2) How would you commend a player? Right clicking and selecting the option after a mission?
3) Is there anyway that someone can translate the Ark shop items for us? :)

edit: And do I go to the quest counter to do the mission for the Mag? :)

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 05:28 AM
Does anyone know how to make it so that when pressing SHIFT, it stays on your second set of PAs/Technics, or when pressing TAB, it stays locked on and you don't have to hold it?
Idk what I did but it somehow changed after the tutorial.

Akiyama
Apr 19, 2012, 05:46 AM
So.. how would I go about checking how much I need to use a PA to level it? ;o like a TNL?

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
So.. how would I go about checking how much I need to use a PA to level it? ;o like a TNL?

You find disks to level PAs ala PSO.

Rizen
Apr 19, 2012, 05:52 AM
I has a question!!!! How do I switch blocks? :)

Akiyama
Apr 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
You find disks to level PAs ala PSO.

Oh, because I noticed on a couple weapons, I have two PAs instead of just one, so I didn't know if I'd leveled it or not.

Anyone figured out anything about mags yet?

thepspgamer
Apr 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
another probably stupid question, but am i the only one getting some serious lag issues, i find that my game takes a good 30-40 seconds to render everythig in the lobby, and when im trying to quest, the other player almost jumps about, as opposed to actually walking, i dont know if or not its my connection or the fact the game is so busy....:S

Fox2Tails
Apr 19, 2012, 06:31 AM
Any translations going around yet?

SnowfoxZero
Apr 19, 2012, 06:32 AM
I has a question!!!! How do I switch blocks? :)

There should be an elevator thing in the back

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 06:32 AM
It should be like an expanded blue node, you click on that one. or just try pressing esc. but going to the next objective did it for me.

I had to remake my character.

Warnings:

1. Do not access the matter board until it's brought up automatically in the shop area.

2. Do not let people into your room or give out your friend card. The name displayed is not your username, it's your password.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 06:37 AM

Warnings:

1. Do not access the matter board until it's brought up automatically in the shop area.

2. Do not let people into your room or give out your friend card. The name displayed is not your username, it's your password.

Wow, did they really let something like that slip by? I'm guessing that issue should be addressed soon with an emergency maintenance, hopefully.

Quebe_Lae
Apr 19, 2012, 06:42 AM
T_T I didn't look for a voice editor in my haste. Is there one? And are they letting us delete characters? And how much Arks cash do we get?

SnowfoxZero
Apr 19, 2012, 06:49 AM

Warnings:

Thats a pretty big screw up... Does the friend card also have the person's sega ID on it?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 06:51 AM
Wow, did they really let something like that slip by? I'm guessing that issue should be addressed soon with an emergency maintenance, hopefully.

Thats a pretty big screw up... Does the friend card also have the person's sega ID on it?

No it only shows your password and your character name.

However if your room is public I suggest locking it immediately until this issue is fixed. It's a massive security hole!

Aiex
Apr 19, 2012, 06:52 AM
Can you modify your voice or do I need to remake my character. My roommate was sleeping when I made my character so I forgot to set the voice.

Merumeru
Apr 19, 2012, 06:55 AM

Warnings:

XD WHAT. Yeah, maybe its a good thing I can't log in right now...

Dinosaur
Apr 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
Can you modify your voice or do I need to remake my character. My roommate was sleeping when I made my character so I forgot to set the voice.

Make up room

Blueblur
Apr 19, 2012, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the menu translations people prepared for the second alpha test? I loaded up the game and it looks like total ass compared to the second alpha version which looked and ran great on my machine. I had a miserable experience this morning with frame rate drops and long stretches of loading. So frustrating. I ant to at least know what settings to tinker with to get this thing to run better.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 19, 2012, 07:01 AM
Where do you find the tekker and how does it work? (in terms of getting to he menu)

thepspgamer
Apr 19, 2012, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the menu translations people prepared for the second alpha test? I loaded up the game and it looks like total ass compared to the second alpha version which looked and ran great on my machine. I had a miserable experience this morning with frame rate drops and long stretches of loading. So frustrating. I ant to at least know what settings to tinker with to get this thing to run better.

your not the only one, the game has some serious lag issues atm, im finding it very hard to quest, just due to the horrible lag issues im having

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
Where do you find the tekker and how does it work? (in terms of getting to he menu)

In the shopping area there's a pink shop and a purple one on the second level. Talk to the NPC on the left hand side of the Purple shop, she's the tekker.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:14 AM
Okay, so my BETTER machine keeps getting Error Code 630. I can log in, chose the ship, chose my character, but once my character enters whatever block she lands in, nothing more will load and after 5 minutes or so the Error Code 630 screen shows up and logs me out. Happened 3 times in a row.

-Wayu

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 07:16 AM
I'd hold off on attempting to accomplish much at the moment during quests. Lag is getting pretty bad to the point where I battled a rappy for over 2 minutes while it happily skipped along as if I didn't exist. I must have blasted 80 foies at it, along with a million and one rod smacks. At some point everything finally registered and it died.

Fox2Tails
Apr 19, 2012, 07:17 AM
Why can I see people in a game I'm in?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Why can I see people in a game I'm in?

Multi party map.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Is ANYONE able to play right now? I can enter the lobby, move around, but my weapon won't load and the game'll give me error code 630 on either one of my machines.

-Wayu

Miyoko
Apr 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
What IS the matter board, anyways? :l

NinjaSalad
Apr 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
No it only shows your password and your character name.

However if your room is public I suggest locking it immediately until this issue is fixed. It's a massive security hole!

It does not, actually. When you first log in it asks you to set a "real name" Because you don't speak japanese you misinterpreted that and reentered your password, hence the confusion.

Mine just says Remz

I haven't logged in here in years but this post was so ridiculous I just had to call it out.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 19, 2012, 07:27 AM
Anyone figure out the ques to be able to use a mag?
Edit: I found it funny when you stop receiving a signal... it'll show you have max meseta.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
How do you get to the Forest or do you HAVE to be doing a mission? Like in PSO you could just walk in to the forest and start smacking shit but on this it seems to force me in to making a quest.

Zeota
Apr 19, 2012, 07:30 AM
What IS the matter board, anyways? :l

It's a thing that has you go into different areas and collect certain items or kill certain mobs.

Speaking of which, I too am stuck in the menu for it and the option to exit is greyed out and there's nowhere else to go on it. Please don't tell me I have to log out and re-roll.

Edit: What the hell? Server booted me off, logged back in, now I'm fine (for now).

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:30 AM
It does not, actually. When you first log in it asks you to set a "real name" Because you don't speak japanese you misinterpreted that and reentered your password, hence the confusion.

Mine just says Remz

I haven't logged in here in years but this post was so ridiculous I just had to call it out.

No i put in my actual name. I had the same question come up during the Alpha

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Okay, finished loading all the data, but now I can't move. Now what. :/

-Wayu

EvilMag
Apr 19, 2012, 07:34 AM
Does the beta auto detect the 360 controller?

NinjaSalad
Apr 19, 2012, 07:35 AM
No i put in my actual name. I had the same question come up during the Alpha

Right after you logged in? are you sure? I havea friend of mine's card and I don't see his password. Just the name he put in in japanese. I really doubt his pw would be in katakana too.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 19, 2012, 07:35 AM

-Wayu

Wait for ages. Very laggy.

Akiyama
Apr 19, 2012, 07:36 AM

Warnings:

Wow, really? I have a couple friends I already friend carded, and I know it shows like.. their usernames or w/e, but I don't see passwords.

How would I lock my room?

N/m. Reading the rest of the thread.. it may just be confused with the 'other name' you can put in upon logging in for the first time.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:38 AM
Right after you logged in? are you sure? I havea friend of mine's card and I don't see his password. Just the name he put in in japanese. I really doubt his pw would be in katakana too.

Yes, right after it confirms your account it comes up with the "please choose an ID" box with yellow text. I put the username I wanted in there.

Wow, really? I have a couple friends I already friend carded, and I know it shows like.. their usernames or w/e, but I don't see passwords.

How would I lock my room?

It's happening to a few players but not everyone, I've contacted Sega about it @_@

Akiyama
Apr 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
Ah okay. How do you lock your room? :o

Crystal_Shard
Apr 19, 2012, 07:40 AM

-Wayu

That's just the lag speaking there. I'm getting a lot of those moments myself.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
Logged out, trying to log back in but it's taking forever.

-Wayu

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:43 AM
Uh I seem to be stuck in chat mode, no matter which keyboard key I press it just enters it as text. How do i turn this off, it just happened when I logged back in. I can't move.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:44 AM
That happened to me once. I apparently had one of the chat drop-down menus open. Click on those and close them again, that's what worked for me.

-Wayu

cloudzer00
Apr 19, 2012, 07:44 AM
How do you get to the Forest or do you HAVE to be doing a mission? Like in PSO you could just walk in to the forest and start smacking shit but on this it seems to force me in to making a quest.

You have to take a mission.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
That happened to me once. I apparently had one of the chat drop-down menus open. Click on those and close them again, that's what worked for me.

-Wayu

Thanks, that fixed it!

Edit: I got a reply back from the GMs, they had to reset my account to fix the password problem T_T there goes the entire mornings worth of gameplay. Oh well.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 07:52 AM
Why does it take 10 minutes for my character to load her weapon onto her back, and why can't she move once it appears?

And why won't I be able to move for more than 5 minutes?

T____________T

-Wayu

Syaorandc
Apr 19, 2012, 08:00 AM
Why does it take 10 minutes for my character to load her weapon onto her back, and why can't she move once it appears?

And why won't I be able to move for more than 5 minutes?

T____________T

-Wayu

It's currently 10:00PM in Japan so everyone is playing and killing the servers. Wait 3-4 hours and it should start to die down once people go to bed.

9AM Pacific to 11PM Pacific are good times to play. ^^

Home Dog
Apr 19, 2012, 08:03 AM
What do I do here while logging in?
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/HomeDogJP/PSO2/What.jpg

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 08:04 AM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/HomeDogJP/PSO2/What.jpg

That's just the window to make your account name for PSO2 basically.

Rizen
Apr 19, 2012, 08:06 AM

I believe that is your identifying name for PSO2. Its different from your character name. Will have to have someone else give you details.

Home Dog
Apr 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
That's just the window to make your account name for PSO2 basically.

So do I just need to put a name or something?

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Correct.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Dang, I used my password for that. :nono:

is that fixable?

LiquidFriend
Apr 19, 2012, 08:13 AM
Is there any way to turn off the mouse character controls? It seems to completely dominate it and I'm using a gamepad; really annoying.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 08:14 AM
Dang, I used my password for that. :nono:

is that fixable?

It doesn't seem like it can be changed from what I understand. You might have to get the account reset by a GM. You might be fine if you lock your room and don't hand out your card, that seems to be a matter of concern where it might disclose what you put into that box as your in-game ID.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 08:16 AM
Can anyone else even play the game right now? I just keep consistently getting 630 error codes after the little hologram things on the side load. Which takes about 20 minutes, mind you.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Apr 19, 2012, 08:19 AM
I'm assuming everyone's on Ship 2 currently. Has anyone attempted a different ship to see if the lag is still there?

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
I've received error codes 630, 601, 201, 249, and 260, and each one DCs me...Jebus.

-Wayu

Vashyron
Apr 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
It doesn't seem like it can be changed from what I understand. You might have to get the account reset by a GM. You might be fine if you lock your room and don't hand out your card, that seems to be a matter of concern where it might disclose what you put into that box as your in-game ID.

Actually not fine even if you don't hand out your card or lock your room with this, people can still view your chosen username when joining parties or with the chosen "above character name" thing.

I'd say either get it reset by Sega or change your password and keep your old password as your account name. :|

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 19, 2012, 08:23 AM
how do I request for an account reset? I haven't really completed much anyway so might as well.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
I'm assuming everyone's on Ship 2 currently. Has anyone attempted a different ship to see if the lag is still there?

The connectivity issue remains with Ships 3-5.

-Wayu

Noel Vermillion
Apr 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
Was just on ship 2 and while there was lag it was still very playable :)

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
Was just on ship 2 and while there was lag it was still very playable :)

Can I have your internet please?

-Wayu

thepspgamer
Apr 19, 2012, 08:28 AM
Can I have your internet please?

-Wayu

i second this...

Miyoko
Apr 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
It's a thing that has you go into different areas and collect certain items or kill certain mobs.

Is there a guide or anything for it? I've no idea what I'm doing with it and I don't want to mess anything up.

Oh, two other questions -- Can you disable the double-tap-to-dodge thing? And is there anyway to use control as a bind? I want to bind dodge to control but I don't think I can :(

Fox2Tails
Apr 19, 2012, 08:59 AM
The only thing I've found so far is where to start up missions, how to do missions and what I assume is the skill tree. As for everything else, don't understand it

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 19, 2012, 09:00 AM
Didn't see one, so decided to make a relevant topic.

First off: can I shift a character data file from a CC on another computer to this computer somehow? Just the .fnp file doesn't work; the file shows up as ???? in the character creator.

-Wayu

%userprofile%\my documents\sega\what ever sega calls the PSO folder
its the file that is the name of your character.fnp
Make sure its in the same place on the other system and then you can import it from the other PC.
I tested this at home and it worked.

Syaorandc
Apr 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
How does one identify items again? If it's the lady in the purple shop then she is ridiculously expensive.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 09:14 AM
how do I request for an account reset? I haven't really completed much anyway so might as well.

Log into the CBT site and leave a request on the BBS. You have to have a really valid reason for it.

How does one identify items again? If it's the lady in the purple shop then she is ridiculously expensive.

That's the one. She's a dirty money thief.

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 09:17 AM
I've received error codes 630, 601, 201, 249, and 260, and each one DCs me...Jebus.

-Wayu

There is still many numbers missing... i guess they will be coming soon.

Evil joke: [spoiler-box]The server certainly got in mind "wt... a trilobite on a haired wire is connecting to me".[/spoiler-box]

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
So I've successfully loaded everything, the purple light effect showed, but I still can't move.

Umm.

I can see others moving fine...I can't chat either.

-Wayu

LiquidFriend
Apr 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
That means your lagging and probably about to get dumped from the game.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 09:25 AM
Nevermind, was able to move after I saw someone say something, but now I'm stuck at the mission counter. The loading refuses to stop spinning.

-Wayu

LiquidFriend
Apr 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
The lag is so bad now that I can't even idle in my room without getting kicked.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'm stuck on the character select screen. It only loads the background with no options.

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 09:42 AM
^

Dat lag.

-Wayu

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Log into the CBT site and leave a request on the BBS. You have to have a really valid reason for it.

not sure to how submit a request. doesn't seem they accept English.
while browsing the menus, I found a setting that displays the "real name"/Accidental password over the characters heads. so I do need this fixed :(

NoiseHERO
Apr 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
Yeeaaaaahhh I can't even get past the ship select now...

Not cool.

Agitated_AT
Apr 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
How do I reset my password?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 10:08 AM
not sure to how submit a request. doesn't seem they accept English.
while browsing the menus, I found a setting that displays the "real name"/Accidental password over the characters heads. so I do need this fixed :(

You can use google translate for it (my Kanji is awful). Just say you made a mistake with your ID and would like to be reset (in my case because it was my password showing up they reset the account so I could try put a new ID in instead). They'll check it and reply! There might be some JP speakers on this forum who could write you up something a fair bit better than google translate @_@

Agitated_AT
Apr 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
nvm guys all has been fixed

FerrPSO
Apr 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Valkyrie where can I check the ID thingy?

I think I may have screwed it up too, but Im not sure

Kinaya
Apr 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Where can i find my room?

Zinaida
Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
How does one add a password to their party when creating one to start a mission?

Sipher Mashai
Apr 19, 2012, 10:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows where to change the Lock on Options. As somehow i have to hold it down now instead of just clicking TAB/Q same with the shift for changing modes on weapons.

I know this was asked before but i don't think anyone answered it.

That and how do i Full Screen or change graphics. Since it's automatically set to windowed.

JamesM
Apr 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
Still cant log in :/
It says something about my id or password. But i'm sure its right!!

Risk5o
Apr 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
Still cant log in :/
It says something about my id or password. But i'm sure its right!!

Hi there,

just try to enter your nick with a "small" first letter.

Let´s say your Nick is "JamesM". Type in "jamesm". Maybe it helps. I had the same problem.

Enter the password as usual.

Greetings!

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows where to change the Lock on Options. As somehow i have to hold it down now instead of just clicking TAB/Q same with the shift for changing modes on weapons.

I have been wondering the same thing, I use to be able to toggle lock on and shift to switch weapon modes. But now I have to hold it, I've tried most keyboard buttons lol.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Apr 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
You can use google translate for it (my Kanji is awful). Just say you made a mistake with your ID and would like to be reset (in my case because it was my password showing up they reset the account so I could try put a new ID in instead). They'll check it and reply! There might be some JP speakers on this forum who could write you up something a fair bit better than google translate @_@

I submitted the request. though, I'm still unsure. I only wrote that I needed a reset. was that enough?

JamesM
Apr 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
Hi there,

just try to enter your nick with a "small" first letter.

Let´s say your Nick is "JamesM". Type in "jamesm". Maybe it helps. I had the same problem.

Enter the password as usual.

Greetings!

I did it, but nothing. Same errors ;/

Risk5o
Apr 19, 2012, 11:00 AM

Hm...

For me this worked. Sorry for that.

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 11:06 AM

Ok I figured it out for anyone who is still experiencing this, not sure how I got onto hold instead of click but here's a solution anyway.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/fWBlC.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/QDu90.jpg[/spoiler-box]

NOTE: I will not be posting any help on getting the english patch, so don't ask (Though PM me if you really need to know)

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 19, 2012, 11:07 AM

Are you able to log in to http://pso2.jp/cbt/ I was getting the same errors until i checked my self and found that I was in fact using the wrong password, and make sure its all lower case in your username.

Sipher Mashai
Apr 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks Goombazoid. Glad to have that fixed.

Fox2Tails
Apr 19, 2012, 11:47 AM
Are there any menu translations around?

Ce'Nedra
Apr 19, 2012, 11:47 AM
How do I go to a lobby to get to people. I seem to be stuck with some noc and what seems to be a tutorial mission, do I need to clear that first?

Eggobandit
Apr 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
After you finish the tutorial in the forest go down to the shopping level and talk to odd materialization chick who sounds like a man

Eggobandit
Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM
can you limit who you see in a Multiparty area?

My PC crashes everytime i enter one : (

Actually no, my PC crashes anytime someone TALKS in a multiparty area.

MeatlessBox
Apr 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
1. Is there any way to walk, instead of run? (Keyboard & Mouse)
2. How can you do the opposite sex's lobby animations? (Saw a japanese player do that.)
3. I bought the Premium pack for 30 days, but it still won't let me get to my room. Do I need to use the Premium ticket somehow, and where, or do I need something else than the Premium pack?

FerrPSO
Apr 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
Please can someone tell me how to view my Player ID?

nvm I think I found it and Im save :D

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
I've got about a million questions, seeing as I'm so confused. Here's some:

What's a "Matter Board" and how do i get one?

EDIT: Never mind that last part, I found it from that one lady...but what the hell does it to?

How do I get a room (and decorations for it)?

How do I get a Mag/Photon Blast?

Basically, how the hell do I do anything?

Misto
Apr 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
How do I send quest invites or add friends?

Rhypht
Apr 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone know how to drop items? I can't seem to figure it out..

Rezzer
Apr 19, 2012, 01:07 PM
how do we find each other in the game? i am looking for people to play with

Rhypht
Apr 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
how do we find each other in the game? i am looking for people to play with

Well most of the players from PSO-World are playing in Ship 2, block 20. So go there to meet up with us

Zinaida
Yeah so I think I may have accidentally blocked a friend of mine, as they can't see anything I'm typing in in-game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Xenobia
Yes pretty big issues. Dont know how to save my char data.. the server doesnt seem to save it. And then when i over writte a new creation with the same name, it doesnt actually overwritte... and i might load the correct value but next time i log, wrong value !!!

I wish i would know how the wreck the system works like.

Rezzer
Apr 19, 2012, 01:18 PM
i am in ship 2. how do i get to block 20?

Rhypht
Apr 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
i am in ship 2. how do i get to block 20?

The green arrow elevators will change your block.

Skyden
Apr 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
How I get that stupid Downloader to download?

foreignreign
Apr 19, 2012, 01:27 PM
If I allocate Hunter skills, do they take effect when I'm a Force and am using hunter weapons?

Not sure how this skill/class system works. :s

Illumynus
Apr 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
How do you type in Japanese? I have it activated on Windows, but it still shows up as English in game :(

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
How to get past mission 4? (the level 7+ one before the forest boss map)

Noel Vermillion
Apr 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Are we gonna get banned for using the translation patch :(

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
does anybody know how to use the mag ticket / exp+ ticket?

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
Alright found out.. no time to explain, im busy.

GrandTickler
Apr 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
-how do u use magic? i learned the discs but i see no way how to hotkey them.

-how do you identify items?

Neith
Apr 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
How do you:
- Stop mouse controls (I'm using a pad, but the game insists on wanting to use mouse AND pad for camera movement).
- How do you zoom the camera in? I'm sure it was just scrollwheel in Alpha but can't seem to make it work here.

Faiyez
Apr 19, 2012, 02:25 PM
- How do you zoom the camera in? I'm sure it was just scrollwheel in Alpha but can't seem to make it work here.

The mouse wheel zoom in wasn't available in the alpha. They are implementing it now as an alternative to weapon pallete switch. However, I haven't looked up the setting yet, so I don't know.

In the meanwhile, the + and - keys will zoom the camera.

reptile7383
Apr 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
Does anybody have a translated skill tree pic?

Mizunos
Apr 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
My character is stuck in the shop area because of the matter board pop-ups that won't close, any workaround? This is irritating.

FerrPSO
Apr 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
guys, when im in chat mode (for gamepad) i cant use mates with the number keys right?

redroses
Apr 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
If I understand you right FerrPSO, you can use the d-pad, right and left to switch between the items in the bottom and press one of the shoulder buttons (or however you set your gamepad up, I think by me its the left back shoulder button)

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone know which item in the AC shop is the premium pack, I want to be able to trade lol

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hey I'm lvl 12, anyone know where I start the Mag License quest?

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 03:02 PM
Does anybody have a translated skill tree pic?

From alpha 2: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026&highlight=translated+menu

It's proably changed but should at least give you an idea.

ClothoBuer
Apr 19, 2012, 03:07 PM
Where exactly is the skill tree at, anyways? Been looking all over for it, and I still haven't found it.

Aside from that, any translations on the Matter Board requests?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 03:23 PM
Where exactly is the skill tree at, anyways? Been looking all over for it, and I still haven't found it.

Aside from that, any translations on the Matter Board requests?

http://bumped.org/psublog/#goals

Though Im having trouble with the tablet in B-2

Randomness
Apr 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/#goals

Though Im having trouble with the tablet in B-2

Huh. I notice the premium set has significant savings on the 60/90 day ones...

FerrPSO
Apr 19, 2012, 03:27 PM
If I understand you right FerrPSO, you can use the d-pad, right and left to switch between the items in the bottom and press one of the shoulder buttons (or however you set your gamepad up, I think by me its the left back shoulder button)

Thanks !

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks !

Were you the Ferr in block 20 dancing by any chance ;D?

Kinaya
Apr 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
Why is my last quest the lv7 Quest? and how can i kill the dragon in forest^^

Ce'Nedra
Apr 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
I think the tekker just ate the very first rare I found.....had 2 partisans in my invt (1equiped 1 untekked) and after going to tekk it only the partisan I had equipped was still around....the other one is just gone from my invt and it's not in my storage either. Anyone else had this?

realdomdom
Apr 19, 2012, 04:35 PM
I bet someone has asked that before and it may seem like a noob question considering i was already in the alpha2, but what does this screen mean again?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/realdomdom/pso20120419_232530_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm stupid. Problem solved. Everyone's happy.

GrandTickler
Apr 19, 2012, 05:21 PM

this..

Raven5_1
Apr 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
has anyone explained the full cash shop costs yet?

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
If my friend and I both have the 30 day pass, how do we trade?

cloudzer00
Apr 19, 2012, 06:27 PM

Get the matter board, do matter board quests and unlock new missions.

Hayde
Apr 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
I have a questioning regards one of the missions/quests:

I believe it was a level 5 forest quest, from what I could make out of it I was to exterminate/kill 100 points worth of a certain type of monster.

The oddity with this quest is I was able to see other players on the map, even though we were not in the same group. Is this an open-world type quest? I ask because I hadn't seen this in the previous missions/quests I've done.

cloudzer00
Apr 19, 2012, 06:30 PM
-how do u use magic? i learned the discs but i see no way how to hotkey them.

-how do you identify items?

You need to equip a staff to use magic.
You can find tekker in the shopping area who identifies your items.

Neith
Apr 19, 2012, 06:32 PM

I believe it was a level 5 forest quest, from what I could make out of it I was to exterminate/kill 100 points worth of a certain type of monster.

The oddity with this quest is I was able to see other players on the map, even though we were not in the same group. Is this an open-world type quest? I ask because I hadn't seen this in the previous missions/quests I've done.

Multi-party mission/area. The other players are from another party, and the missions are generally bigger.

cloudzer00
Apr 19, 2012, 06:32 PM

Yep, it is an open world type quest, but only the second area of the quest.

Pinocchio
Apr 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
Anyone know how i can delete a character ? the only thing i can do is to create another character with AC

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 06:53 PM
Anyone know how i can delete a character ? the only thing i can do is to create another character with AC

Click the character, there's two options, click the 2nd one and then first option. Youll be asked to hold down CTRL before you can approve the deletion.

Pinocchio
Apr 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
Click the character, there's two options, click the 2nd one and then first option. Youll be asked to hold down CTRL before you can approve the deletion.

Thank you much ♥

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
If my friend and I both have the 30 day pass, how do we trade?

I figured it out, I hit enter for chat, then clicked on the person I wanted to trade with then the 4th option opened a trade window when they accepted.

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
I figured it out, I hit enter for chat, then clicked on the person I wanted to trade with then the 4th option opened a trade window when they accepted.

You can also bring up the quick menu or the main menu and do the same thing.

D-Inferno
Apr 19, 2012, 07:18 PM
How does one prevent Quick Step/Dive Roll/Mirage Escape from being activated by double tapping WASD? Can't find an option in the options.

GrandTickler
Apr 19, 2012, 07:20 PM
You need to equip a staff to use magic.
You can find tekker in the shopping area who identifies your items.

thanks! 1 more question, i figured out how to upgrade my launcher to +5 but now when i try to upgrade armors/weapons i get an error? message. do u need some items/stones or anything before you can upgrade? if so, could you please tell me how the item is called in japanese, or how it looks like so i can recognise it?

Raymee
Apr 19, 2012, 07:23 PM
How does one prevent Quick Step/Dive Roll/Mirage Escape from being activated by double tapping WASD? Can't find an option in the options.

This. I totally hate this when I'm charging my tech and my Cherry MX Red keys decide to double tap on me lmao.

Also, where the heck do I level at level 6? I want to hit bigger areas but I'm always stuck with the same 4 quests.

I know I completed Chapter 0, but I swear I know there's a Chapter 1, etc.. Story mode.

goombazoid
Apr 19, 2012, 07:23 PM
You can also bring up the quick menu or the main menu and do the same thing.

Ahh cool thanks!

Miyoko
Apr 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
Asking again since it never got answered like 8 pages ago:

Can you disable the double-tap-to-dodge thing? And is there anyway to use control as a bind? I want to bind dodge to control but I don't think I can

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
Question:

How do you spells on a HUnewearl. I can't equip a staff it has the red X in the corner. So how do I change that?

NiteShadow
Apr 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
As a force, I'm trying to add my basic rod attack (the rod swing attack to get mana back.)
When I look at my palette options, I can only select my spells.
In other words. I'm only able to cast spells and have no way of getting mana back.

Kinaya
Apr 19, 2012, 07:45 PM
I finished all my quests but i can't get a new one lol.... my last quest is capture nab rappy, and i finished it 2-3x times

Griffin
Apr 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
I keep getting a dialogue box whenever I try to join a Party. I'm sure I'm not already in one and I know the room isn't locked.

Vashyron
Apr 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
Anyone know what this massive orb of light is? (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596968331528683485/1074CBD66BC793B41D78ADE1C485E4CC07259AEB/)

After a few seconds it vanished.

Macman
Apr 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
I saw it once, too. Didn't seem to be able to be interacted with at all.

JamesM
Apr 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
Cant I just run to an area, and kill the boss like PSO?
Can I only go if I accept a quest? D:

foreignreign
Apr 19, 2012, 08:31 PM
I finished all my quests but i can't get a new one lol.... my last quest is capture nab rappy, and i finished it 2-3x times

Apparently you have to clear your Matter Board quests. Check http://bumped.org/psublog/#goals

Question:

How do you spells on a HUnewearl. I can't equip a staff it has the red X in the corner. So how do I change that?

Might be weapon dependent. I know Forces can use spells with the gunblade-type weapon, so try getting one of those and seeing if you can cast spells with it.

As a force, I'm trying to add my basic rod attack (the rod swing attack to get mana back.)
When I look at my palette options, I can only select my spells.
In other words. I'm only able to cast spells and have no way of getting mana back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/PSO2/05.jpg

Check that image. On there is labeled an "Erase" button. Click on that, and then the slot you want to get your default attack back on.

D-Inferno
Apr 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
Where is Zeno exactly? I apparently cleared B1 and B2, but I don't see him in the Shop Lobby.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
I think Vashyron had the same question as me but there's a second version that's puzzling me. From time to time a screen will pop up in the center top part of the HUD, show an orb of some kind (looks like the matter board orbs), and in later appearances, shows a sound waveform, then disappears. Anyone knows what that represents yet?

Where is Zeno exactly? I apparently cleared B1 and B2, but I don't see him in the Shop Lobby.

Have you checked both lobbies? I think he's somewhere down near the shop selling MyRoom goods.

foreignreign
Apr 19, 2012, 08:50 PM

He's on the first floor, towards the back end of the shop area. If you get close enough to him a cutscene activates.

YuRiE
Apr 19, 2012, 08:55 PM
Three questions!

1.) Where do I find Reda? I know she's somewhere in the Arks Lobby but I can't find her!
2.) I have these EXP coupons or something from the AC Shop, how do I use the,?
3.) I'm about to reach Level 10, who would I talk to to begin the quest to get the Mag; and also I'm seeing you receive a ticket at the end of the quest... Where do you go to redeem your Mag?

Valkerion
Apr 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
How are the controls this time around. Any changes/fixes?

Macman
Apr 19, 2012, 09:09 PM
I don't know what's changed since the alpha but the double-tap roll evade is way too touchy.

JamesM
Apr 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
How do I leave a party in the quest?
I cant accept other quests, cause i'm in a party D:

reptile7383
Apr 19, 2012, 10:05 PM
How do I symbol chat? I can't figure it out.

Skyly
Apr 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/

It's a little help with everything

Sipher Mashai
Apr 19, 2012, 10:44 PM
Well i wanna know how you lock your room

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
For those using virtualfullscreen, do you have any issues with your mouse? It seems when I use it, my mouse isn't "calibrated" and doesn't register right when clicking on things.

Pinocchio
Apr 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
Can anyone tell me what the point on making a HUnewm/wearl if they can't be hybrid melee/magic like in PSO1 ?

Hunter class cannot use magic in PSO2 right ? So the newman race is kinda useless there, since their main advantage was the whole hybrid thing.

I need more info about Race & Class its still very messy for me.

Griffin
Apr 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
I really hate how my eyes are red, but they are brown in-game. Changed graphics settings, but nothing.

Randomness
Apr 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what the point on making a HUnewm/wearl if they can't be hybrid melee/magic like in PSO1 ?

Hunter class cannot use magic in PSO2 right ? So the newman race is kinda useless there, since their main advantage was the whole hybrid thing.

I need more info about Race & Class its still very messy for me.

Yeah, wondering that myself. I'm guessing you end up with better defense against enemy techs than any other hunter option, but...

Reia
Apr 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hey, I got a tutorial about "Chargable attacks with both my wired lance and another type of tutorial for my Partisan" I tryed doing what it followed that allow me to charge my partisan attacks but nothing happenned. Any help around?

Zyrusticae
Apr 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
I have to echo the question: Where do I go to get the quest for my mag, and how do I go about doing it?

Rezzer
Apr 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Will there be translation packs for the beta?

Fujiko
Apr 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
Now sure if that has been answered yet.

Can you just go down to an area and start killing to the boss like in PSO?

Kinda hate having to take quests to do anything sorta like PSU.

SpishackCola
Apr 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
This. I totally hate this when I'm charging my tech and my Cherry MX Red keys decide to double tap on me lmao.

I'd love to know the answer to this. The double tap to roll is waaaaaaay too sensitive for my tastes.

Totori
Apr 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
Now sure if that has been answered yet.

Can you just go down to an area and start killing to the boss like in PSO?

Kinda hate having to take quests to do anything sorta like PSU.

It's like PSU, mission based.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
Maybe you get the MAG quest by finishing matterboard?
I saw a JP character with one earlier but it seem he didn't understand english....that or he was just playing dumb...

I can't seem to use my right analog stick on my camera for camera view....is there a setting that would fix that?
If I move right analog to the left: I'll evade
If I move right analog to the right: W/E the cursor is highlightin on the item palette it'll use.
When I notice it does that a telepipe was used.

Moving it up or down doesn't seem to do anything...

Dinosaur
Apr 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
It's like PSU, mission based.

It's actually like both PSO and PSU.

Fujiko
Apr 20, 2012, 12:54 AM
Might of been my imagination but it seemed like I could keep going after I finished some of the quests. Was still monsters to fight and what looked like an exit to another area.

Though one did have generic looking boulders stacked up blocking the way.

Good to hear it's a combination at least.

NoiseHERO
Apr 20, 2012, 12:57 AM
I have a closed beta question, why are you all so DUMB?

But no seriously, how do I unlock the caves missions? (That IS still in the beta right? I wanna fight that dragon.)

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2012, 01:02 AM
The random emergency quest is fun.....although...unless your are all like 15+ not sure how that could be won....seems so much you have to kill in that time :o

As for Caves i have no idea. Since it seems the Matterboard is the key to getting more missions after mission 4....maybe completing it all would open up caves? *speculation*

•Col•
Apr 20, 2012, 02:49 AM
How the heck does the Partizan work?

I remember that the Twirl thing is supposed to charge/power some attacks or something... But I can't seem to figure it out.

Also, what happened to that little bar for melee weapons? (The one that increased PA damage and built up from normal attacks) Did they get rid of that? Or did they just move the bar or something?

Brus
Apr 20, 2012, 02:56 AM
I got to caves just now. I THINK I got it by finishing a the client order of the lady next to the lady who you get missions from, but I can't be sure because I also finished matter board quest E-3 at the same time. I also had the city available at one point, but failed miserably because it was lvl 15 enemies. Not sure if it went away because I failed, but I noticed I could no longer get in after the patch. Caves is lvl 10.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:59 AM
I THINK I got it by finishing a the client order of the lady next to the lady who you get missions from, but I can't be sure because I also finished matter board quest E-3 at the same time.
That's a distinct possibility. Completing client orders from Lulu (or whatever her name is) at the Medical Center allows you to unlock new types of boost drinks. New areas and missions could work the same way.

ryuchibe
Apr 20, 2012, 03:03 AM
how do i unlock items?

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 03:15 AM
Is there any way to have a free third-person camera like when you play with keyboard and mouse? Without it the pad is kind of annoying to play with.

Brus
Apr 20, 2012, 03:23 AM
Mag License is from client order of lady next to guild lady (I think her name is Coffee). You have to be level 10 to see it and it seems like you need kill the forest boss twice to unlock the license itself...

Now if only I could figure out how to get back to the city level. That boss was a riot!

foreignreign
Apr 20, 2012, 03:41 AM
Anyone know how to solve matter D-5?

Says something about Dagan Extermination quest area 1 but... there's nothing there for me.

Pyrii
Apr 20, 2012, 03:53 AM
Having a problem figuring out a client order from Jean, it's description is "zajyahun de pureiyaa saati wo <kanji>suru" but that doesn't help me. Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46002551/pso20120420_094612_000.jpg

NegativeNine
Apr 20, 2012, 03:54 AM
Does anyone know how to 'aim' AoE spells. I can only seem to do it if the spell is part of a combo and I haven't a clue how to do it with Resta although I'm sure I've managed it before.

Miyoko
Apr 20, 2012, 04:08 AM
That little blue icon with the person in it IS a "you have a quest / matterboard pertaining to this quest" icon right? >_> I've had one on that stupid Lv3 forest mission for a long time now and it's not going away :l On D4 I believe.

Sanada Yukimura
Apr 20, 2012, 04:11 AM
What do you need in order to strengthen the attributes of weapons?
does anyone know? where or how to obtain these materials?

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 04:17 AM
Having a problem figuring out a client order from Jean, it's description is "zajyahun de pureiyaa saati wo <kanji>suru" but that doesn't help me. Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46002551/pso20120420_094612_000.jpg

Use the player search function of the vision phone.

Does anyone know how to 'aim' AoE spells. I can only seem to do it if the spell is part of a combo and I haven't a clue how to do it with Resta although I'm sure I've managed it before.

Depends on what you mean by aiming. Spells like Gizonde and Rabarta cannot be aimed. You can enable a crosshair with the Z-key on the keyboard.

That little blue icon with the person in it IS a "you have a quest / matterboard pertaining to this quest" icon right? >_> I've had one on that stupid Lv3 forest mission for a long time now and it's not going away :l On D4 I believe.

Blue icons are client orders and they have little to do with the matter board, unless the matter board states you have to complete a certain client order from a person.

Anyone know how to obtain Rockbear horns? I've been killing Rockbears the last two hours and nothing. I thought you needed to pull off his horns by attacking, but there's no target rectangle there.

NegativeNine
Apr 20, 2012, 04:24 AM
Depends on what you mean by aiming. Spells like Gizonde and Rabarta cannot be aimed. You can enable a crosshair with the Z-key on the keyboard.

I mean more like casting rabarta on an enemy instead of myself or resta on another player, I'm sure I've seen it done but I could be wrong.

Miyoko
Apr 20, 2012, 04:30 AM
Blue icons are client orders and they have little to do with the matter board, unless the matter board states you have to complete a certain client order from a person.

Is it? Man, I have so many client requests and no idea what ones it could be :l I've ran the stoopid mission so many times and it's still there. I'm Lv5 now, and so sick of Lv3 mobs.

Ceresa
Apr 20, 2012, 04:31 AM
Anyone know how to obtain Rockbear horns? I've been killing Rockbears the last two hours and nothing. I thought you needed to pull off his horns by attacking, but there's no target rectangle there.

Are you shooting the red orb they leave behind on death? It breaks and out comes all of your boss loot. The horns are in there, not 100% drop rate but close.

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 04:34 AM
I mean more like casting rabarta on an enemy instead of myself or resta on another player, I'm sure I've seen it done but I could be wrong.

it was probably another spell. Or you were using a card-type weapon. After throwing a card you can cast a spell and it will appear where the card is that you have thrown. This way you can place spells like Rabarta somewhere else than yourself.

Is it? Man, I have so many client requests and no idea what ones it could be :l I've ran the stoopid mission so many times and it's still there. I'm Lv5 now, and so sick of Lv3 mobs.

Some orders require you to complete a certain mission on S-rank AND/OR bring a certain NPC with you.

Are you shooting the red orb they leave behind on death? It breaks and out comes all of your boss loot. The horns are in there, not 100% drop rate but close.

Close to 100% huh. Then I must be the most unlucky guy in the world.

Flome
Apr 20, 2012, 04:48 AM
How do I change the control options? I think i accidently chose the controller option the first time I played allthough I'm using my keyboard. And now it opens the chat with every key I press. I went through all the options but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks for help! :)

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 04:52 AM
Go to the options in-game. Pick the right most big button. No idea what it says, but it works. Click Yes, then the left button for keyboard+mouse.

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
So I've noticed you can have NPCs tag along with you during quests, but I also noticed in the second tab that you can have friends come with you. How do you set whether they come with you or not? Or like..add your name to it?

RenzokukenZ
Apr 20, 2012, 05:14 AM
How does one use the skill tree reset ticket from the AC shop?

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 05:16 AM
So I've noticed you can have NPCs tag along with you during quests, but I also noticed in the second tab that you can have friends come with you. How do you set whether they come with you or not? Or like..add your name to it?

I believe you get them available when you get their Arks Cards.

How does one use the skill tree reset ticket from the AC shop?

It's one of the options with an exclamation mark at the counter where you get your skills.

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 05:19 AM
I believe you get them available when you get their Arks Cards.

It's one of the options with an exclamation mark at the counter where you get your skills.

Ah, so if they resent me their card, it may refresh their info? (currently shows them at level 4)

I've sent them my cards, and I don't think I appear there.

Oh and one other question.. From Ohza, he has you kill 20 Neberius Natives.. and I've already done two sets of those, but I have no clue what mobs he wants me to kill with this one. Any idea? D:

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 05:24 AM
I have been soloíng throughout myself as one of my friends still has to download the client, so I'm not too sure about the partner stuff. But I believe they don't need to resend their card, I think you need to party with them for it to refresh.

As for quests...I really don't know all the quests haha. It could be one of the more rare mobs, like the uhh...big caterpillar with spikes that rolls.

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
I have been soloíng throughout myself as one of my friends still has to download the client, so I'm not too sure about the partner stuff. But I believe they don't need to resend their card, I think you need to party with them for it to refresh.

As for quests...I really don't know all the quests haha. It could be one of the more rare mobs, like the uhh...big caterpillar with spikes that rolls.

Hm.. I've killed a few of those since I had this quest active. Rawr. Need to get some translations out there or guides for em! :o

As for the friend/partner system.. I partied with 'em tonight and they're still level 4 in the PC, but level 10 for real, so blah.

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 05:36 AM
Maybe give us a screenshot so we can read which quest you are talking about? :P

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 05:54 AM
Maybe give us a screenshot so we can read which quest you are talking about? :P

But..but.. that'd require effort! :P

[spoiler-box]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4382/pso20120420054950001.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3137/pso20120420054944000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

These are two quests. One from Coffee (the chick next to the quest giver), and one from Ohza.

N/m. The one from Ohza = kill 20 mobs with a spear weapon, the 0/3 one from Coffee is 3 boss drops. Derp.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 20, 2012, 05:55 AM
has anybody figured out how to "charge gears" as a hunter?

by taking up client orders from the main hunter npc, he teaches you how to charge up a small bar that appears/disappears (depending on if it's engaged) right above the icon table that says shift on it.

i really want to figure this out because apparently doing so increases your attack speed/other benefits

Aki03
Apr 20, 2012, 06:23 AM
How can I change my class?

AlphaDragoon
Apr 20, 2012, 06:41 AM
Not really a game question so much as a graphics question, on the Gunslash weapons (or whatever they're called now), does anyone else's game not show the photon blade on the weapon until you actually attack with it?

I'm wondering if that's by design (as in they made the photon blade come out on swings and deactivate when it's put away) or just a bug.

Vent
Apr 20, 2012, 07:04 AM
@Akiyama
Yup, the boss is the Catadra (or something). It's a boss from the Volcano area.

has anybody figured out how to "charge gears" as a hunter?

If they didn't change it since the alpha, you charge that bar just by hitting stuff. It decreases while you are out of battle.

How can I change my class?

I believe it's the first option at the counter where you change your skill.

I'm wondering if that's by design (as in they made the photon blade come out on swings and deactivate when it's put away) or just a bug.

It's most certainly by design. Weapons having a disabled and enabled state are quite common in the Phantasy Star series.

Quebe_Lae
Apr 20, 2012, 07:09 AM
How much Arks cash do we start with?

Answer: It looks like 1000. Enough for 10 ish things.

"また、以前10000ACをお渡しする、ということをアナウンスしましたが、テスト用の価格が、10ACな どの低い設定となりましたので、最終的にお渡しする額を1000ACに変更することになりまし た。"

Premium Set 30 Day プレミアムセット30日  (10AC)
Premium Set 60 Day プレミアムセット60日(15 AC)
Premium Set 90 Day プレミアムセット90日 (20 AC)
My Room 30 Day マイルーム利用30日 (10 AC)
My Shop 30 Day マイショップ出店30日 (10 AC)
Expanded Storage 30 day 拡張倉庫1利用30日 (10 AC)
Expanded Storage 90 day 拡張倉庫1利用90日 (20 AC)
Expanded Storage 30 day 拡張倉庫2利用30日 (10 AC)
Expanded Storage 90 day 拡張倉庫2利用90日 (20 AC)
Expanded Storage 30 day 拡張倉庫3利用90日 (10 AC)
Expanded Storage 90 day 拡張倉庫3利用90日 (20 AC)
Item Pack Expansion アイテムパック拡張 (10 AC)
Item Pack Expansion x5 アイテムパック拡張 (40 AC)
Additional Skill Tree スキルツリー追加券 (10 AC)
Skill Tree Reset スキルツリーリセット券 (10 AC)
Mag Ticket (lets you have an additional mag) マグ獲得チケット (10 AC)
Mag Reset Device マグリセットデバイス (10 AC)
Aesthetic (Makeup) Counter Pass エステ利用パス (10 AC)
Scape Doll スケープドール (10 AC)
Scape Doll x3 スケープドール (20 AC)
Scape Doll x5 スケープドール (30 AC)
Cosmo Atomizer x3 コスモアトマイザー (20 AC)
Cosmo Atomizer x5 コスモアトマイザー (30 AC)
Creating a new character (10 AC)

From official blog and http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-closed-beta-and-mini-guide/#goals .

Aiex
Apr 20, 2012, 07:53 AM
Has anybody else experienced glitchiness remapping keyboard shortcuts? Every time I try to change the aim button to something other than Z it gets all wonky. On the first click a button does one thing, but then on the second click it does something different. I'm sure there aren't double assignments either.

Zyrusticae
Apr 20, 2012, 07:59 AM
There are separate key binding arrangements for each camera mode (including right- and left-side camera variants). You pick from the different ones from the drop down menu near the top of the keybinding screen.

Xenobia
Apr 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
Whats the deal with dolls that highly priced? The cost is insane...

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 20, 2012, 08:08 AM
Will we keep our chars for the final version? I guess not, but who knows.

Fox2Tails
Apr 20, 2012, 08:30 AM
What does one do for D-5 on the board?

Wayu
Apr 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
Did the emergency maintenance do anything?

-Wayu

AzureAsh
Apr 20, 2012, 08:43 AM
Will we keep our chars for the final version? I guess not, but who knows.

Closed Beta will end with a wipe, however we'll keep a characters in open beta.

Wayu
Apr 20, 2012, 09:08 AM
Okay, the maintenance did something.

Something called Error Code 434 which doesn't let me update. Seriously, PSO2 really, really hates me...

-Wayu

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 20, 2012, 09:15 AM
Closed Beta will end with a wipe, however we'll keep a characters in open beta.

So how will we spend the AC we've been given is totally irrelevant with final version?

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Did the emergency maintenance do anything?

-Wayu

It sure as hell didn't fix the lag issues :(

So how will we spend the AC we've been given is totally irrelevant with final version?

The server is being wiped after the closed beta. That's why we've been given so much AC and everything is priced "incorrectly".

Griffin
Apr 20, 2012, 09:25 AM
It sure as hell didn't fix the lag issues :(

Hmmm. England....Japan.....

Eggobandit
Apr 20, 2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone playing off japan functioning hours will get wonderful latency. Anyone playing with the japanese ON their functioning hours will get terrible lag.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
What is all this Matter Board and D-5 stuff people keep talking about?

Also my prev question didn't got awnsered yet, did anyone else expierence the Tekker eating you rare after tekking it? I tekked one and it never got in my storage or invetory or whatsoever.