PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get beta to run

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 03:47 AM
What the heck? How comes im the only one having that issue? I kinda had some hurt stomach when i saw "Win 32 not valid".

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1926&pictureid=26749

I had zero issues starting CC, i guess the game guard or something else is screwing up.

reptile7383
Apr 19, 2012, 03:54 AM
The only thing I can think of is that your files are corrupted. Maybe try running the game as an admin.

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 03:55 AM
Doesnt work.

Well i wont bulge, when i cant get it to run soon, i will pass on beta. Of course thats pretty disappointing and doesnt match the expected quality of the software. I have the newest WIN 7 64 bit OS, there should be exactly zero issues at all and thats what i should be able to expect from a quality software. Although im sure the PSU JP users know exactly its issue, they must have been dealing with already.

Edit:
OK, after a reinstall, it worked again, it seems like i did cancel on updater bar when i clicked on the middle entry However, it kinda did cover the whole launcher and there was no evidence of that it would not be ready to be canceled or finished. After restart it got partially damaged but was unable to detect the issue. Its badly coded for sure. Usualy in term the update does break up for any given reason, a good software will check the broken entry and fix it. In PSO2 i had to reinstall the game.. very unusual. Just glad that the data size is close to zero. Reinstalling WoW/EVE goes faster however.... just have to move my backed up files to the "start" location... done, thats the power of DRM free gaming**. Well i can try it out with PSO2, as long as gameguard doesnt intercept.. it may work.

[spoiler-box]
** People think its fast to redownload a Steam Game? They got no clue... restoring a DRM free game takes 30 seconds on a good machine using SSD to SSD transfer.[/spoiler-box]

Edit: OK, the game seems to be running now.

Menochi
Apr 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
I'd say check the error report and see how it was reported. Potential minor corruption of the exe or Dll being referenced.

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 04:38 AM
I still got the problem that the fullscreen mode is screwed up, it simply doesnt cover the full screen. All i can do for now is to run windowed.

Just right now my system freezed... while trying to log and the log ID didnt work, for some reason. The reason for FSOD have to be investigated stuff like that should never happen.

Clessy
Apr 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
I still got the problem that the fullscreen mode is screwed up, it simply doesnt cover the full screen. All i can do for now is to run windowed.

Just right now my system freezed... while trying to log and the log ID didnt work, for some reason. The reason for FSOD have to be investigated stuff like that should never happen.

Thats interesting. Have you tried manually editing the ini file for fullscreen. Thats what im gonna have to do to get optimal performance.

Xenobia
Apr 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
Well about the freeze, 50% risk of having it caused by my rather unstable Sandforce game SSD (the OS drive is 100% stable but not the game SSD). Although for games it never had any issues, (thats why still used as game drive) it just doesnt like constant streaming, guess the controller would overheat or something else like that.

And 50% it can be software related, gameguard or what else... conflict with virus scanner. Maybe even game itself not fully stable yet.

No i didnt try to edit manually.

Edit: OK i was able to validate ID, now it worked and im into game. Now, first thing i do notice is that there is no anti aliasing...?! I try to force it using Catalyst. Hmm.. but on the char creator its fine with... well its still beta, cant expect to much of quality. Gonna create a char now.