PDA

View Full Version : laggy huh?

Sanada Yukimura
Apr 19, 2012, 08:01 AM
anyone else getting weird error codes and terrible lag. earlier this game was almost lag free now ugh.

astronautcowboy
Apr 19, 2012, 08:02 AM
I just hope it's not going to lose the character I just finished making. :(

...and it did. I'm going to switch over to the character creator.

Arika
Apr 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Even JP people complain about lag and dc too.
They complained about how PSU jp never have this much lag.

but well, it is beta, I guess they may testing server stress.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
You don't say.

The servers are very unstable right now, lag is the least of your worries.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
It's near impossible to run any quests right now. It's a battle against lag moreso than enemies.

Sanada Yukimura
Apr 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
i still try and run quest's one thing i did notice my PA's arent lvling at least im not sure if they are or are not.
id have to say error code 603 is the worst

Yuicihi
Apr 19, 2012, 08:32 AM
Tends to happen in betas when the server is getting hammered. You may wish to wait a few hours for a chunk of the players to go to bed. I'm sure it will start to improve.

Also do consider physical distance from the server.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
After getting booted, I decided to remain in the block I was logged into. The lag doesn't seem as bad at the moment as it's somewhat playable. I'm having a hard time telling if it's just a random lag flux, or if every block is potentially different (which I highly doubt).

Arika
Apr 19, 2012, 09:06 AM
the game is all good, but they just need stable server. If it is like this in the real release date then it will fail.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Oookay, this is beta, let's not get all panicky about some server issues and make doom-and-gloom predictions about the failure of the game.

DemonMike
Apr 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
the game is all good, but they just need stable server. If it is like this in the real release date then it will fail.

Yeaaah I kind of doubt that. No one in their right mind would release it in that state.

r00tabaga
Apr 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
Is it possible that theyre testing overload on their servers? I never heard of any spiking in the alphas. I wouldn't worry about it, although it prolly did create some frustration after all of the excitement. Kinda glad I didn't enter yet. I am waiting for the Open.....should have my PC by then.

DeathDragon2332
Apr 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah it is pretty bad.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 19, 2012, 10:50 AM
aren't you all americans connecting to a japanese server? I'm in the UK and I had lag like 30 seconds behind but then it picked up to about 300ms..

DemonMike
Apr 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
aren't you all americans connecting to a japanese server? I'm in the UK and I had lag like 30 seconds behind but then it picked up to about 300ms..

I'm UK as well. Straight after the beta opened it was working flawlessly and the latency was just about right considering the distance.

But even Japan is feeling the lag spikes, like 2 minute long spikes and they're getting a lot more frequent. I think inviting 100,000 into the closed beta may have been overkill!

ttdestroy
Apr 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah I have a feeling this is stress testing, prolly the reason for the limited number of ships.

Zio23
Apr 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
it was pretty laggy, not exactly unplayable but sometimes it would take forever to kill any monsters because half my attacks were not registering.

Eggobandit
Apr 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
When the servers first went up the latency was perfect. After the first crash is when it went all to pot.

ashley50
Apr 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
worry about such things like this when the actual game is out.

Link1275
Apr 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
This sounds like stress tests to me, they're probably sending extra info packets to the server to test out how well it will respond to a certain amount of data and to see how big the retail server will need to be per 100,000 people or something.

Polantaris
Apr 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
They're having an Emergency Maintenance to fix stability and lag issues. Starts at 2AM JST (1 PM EST). Ends at an unknown time (unstated).

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 19, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yeaaah I kind of doubt that. No one in their right mind would release it in that state.

youuuu'd beee surpriiiised...

*coughnexoncoughvindictuscoughstilllaggyevenafter~ 1.5years*

TsukasaPasta
Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM

*hands you a cup of water* something about vindictus failure lol. oh yeaaaah.

ttdestroy
Apr 19, 2012, 12:38 PM

Hey Nexon you want some ointment for that BBUURRNN!!?

Anyway what was that about server maintenance?