PDA

View Full Version : Emergency maintenance on 4/20, 2pm to 4pm (now over)

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
According to the official Twitter account, there will be emergency maintenance on the closed beta servers tomorrow to fix whatever is causing the lag and disconnect problems. It doesn't say exactly when aside from "during the day." If you're in the US, this could be during normal game-playing hours for you.

EDIT: Maintenance is now scheduled for 2pm to 4pm in Japan but may take longer if need be.

KaoPyro
Apr 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
It doesn't say exactly when aside from "during the day." If you're in the US, this could be during normal game-playing hours for you.

I hope not. I'm so limited in my play time *cries*

Wayu
Apr 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
Thank goodness.

-Wayu

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
I hope not. I'm so limited in my play time *cries*
CST is 14 hours behind Japan, I think. If middle of of the day means around noonish, then you're looking at 10pm CST. You can adjust for your time zone but that would be prime gaming time for me.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Finally, some word and confirmation on this issue.

thepspgamer
Apr 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
thank goodness

fingers crossed when i get home from work tomorrow, the servers will be much better, and i can play a bit more :3

DoubleJG
Apr 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
I really hope this fixes my 601 issue. I tried for nearly two hours last night and received nothing but error 601, followed by 20 minutes just now of nothing more than 601.

Xaeris
Apr 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
Dammit Sega, it's like I'm beta testing your game!

Oh right.

Mag-X
Apr 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Wait, so they're doing it 4/20 Japan time (so today), or 4/20 U.S. time, so tomorrow?

Faiyez
Apr 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
Later today.

Mag-X
Apr 19, 2012, 02:39 PM
I think I found the twitter post. They're doing it from 2:00 - 6:00 JST? Is this AM or PM??

OMG. If they do maintenance just after I get home after having to suffer through work all day I'm going to be pissed. >:| I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play. :(

Randomness
Apr 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
Dammit Sega, it's like I'm beta testing your game!

Oh right.

:wacko:

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 03:18 PM
I think I found the twitter post. They're doing it from 2:00 - 6:00 JST? Is this AM or PM??

OMG. If they do maintenance just after I get home after having to suffer through work all day I'm going to be pissed. >:| I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play. :(

I think thats midnight Pacific Time (if i'm not mistaken).

SELENNA
Apr 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe I'm lucky, but I never got any problems logging in and playing, except lag.

Maronji
Apr 19, 2012, 03:58 PM
I think thats midnight Pacific Time (if i'm not mistaken).

If I recall, they use the 24-hour time format in Japan. My extra system time set to JST says it's 5:58AM on Friday right now, so if my calculations are correct, maintenance might almost be done right now, actually.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Nurusanura
Apr 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
I just tried playing t again and looks like the issue has been resolved. The server hasn't been acting up at all and I've played for the lat 2 hours with no disconnections.

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
I just tried playing t again and looks like the issue has been resolved. The server hasn't been acting up at all and I've played for the lat 2 hours with no disconnections.
That's because everyone in Japan has either gone to school or is at work. The maintenance hasn't started yet. The 2~6 thing was Sega ID maintenace done on Thursday.

Maronji
Apr 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
That's because everyone in Japan has either gone to school or is at work. The maintenance hasn't started yet. The 2~6 thing was Sega ID maintenace done on Thursday.

Ah, that explains it. I thought that was a little too well-timed.

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
They wouldn't update the game during daytime in Japan right? More like our morning time/their nighttime.

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
They wouldn't update the game during daytime in Japan right? More like our morning time/their nighttime.
The would.

Nurusanura
Apr 19, 2012, 07:14 PM
Ahhh I see, it has been performing rather perfect. >3>

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
As of now, the lag issue seems almost non-existent compared to earlier.

Macman
Apr 19, 2012, 07:34 PM
As of now, the lag issue seems almost non-existent compared to earlier.
This could've either been because of what Sega did, or because mid-day to us is night time to Japan.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it's because of the current time. The server definitely has some breathing room at the moment.

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
Maintenance is scheduled for from 2pm to 4pm but may be extended if need be.

Nurusanura
Apr 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
I think Sega has some bad timing when it comes to 4/20.. >.>

Zyrusticae
Apr 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
Ohnoes, maintenance time!!

There goes my fix... :(

Spellbinder
Time to finish my translating before maintenance ends Ψ(`∇´)Ψ

Kimil Adrayne
Balls, well, time to sleep

Miyoko
Apr 20, 2012, 12:06 AM
Let's hope it's a speedy maintenence. Like, "brb power cycling server" speedy.

Zinaida
Apr 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Ohnoes, maintenance time!!

There goes my fix... :(

Thissss.

I regrettably neglected eating for this game.

Xaeris
Apr 20, 2012, 12:11 AM
Personally, I'm not holding my breath for this to take a mere two hours. But that's cool. That's what beta is for.

Totori
Apr 20, 2012, 12:12 AM
It can take as long as it needs be, the servers are horrid at the moment.

njdss4
Apr 20, 2012, 01:42 AM
Dang, I was hoping to get on but maintenance is still underway. I hope this fixes the lag.

-Ryuki-
Apr 20, 2012, 01:53 AM
Okay so.. a friend notified me that the servers are supposedly coming back up at 16:00 which is 4:00--
and according to my iPhone, it's 3:53 PM in Tokyo.

Do the math.

LazyRob
Apr 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
Okay so.. a friend notified me that the servers are supposedly coming back up at 16:00 which is 4:00--
and according to my iPhone, it's 3:53 PM in Tokyo.

Do the math.

Lets hope that is the case. 2 minutes to go (Probably at least 5) *crosses fingers*
I haven't been able to play all day and finally got my rig set up to find the servers were down.

LiquidFriend
Apr 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
Downloading patch now

KyAniki
Apr 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
It's up- with a new patch.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
Yup. The official twitter confirms it too. Now get back to playing!

Dragwind
Apr 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Confirmed, there's a new patch on the way! Let's hope it has something useful for those experiencing difficulties.

Macman
Apr 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
What could this patch be...?

Inb4 it removes English files.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:11 AM
Something to fix the problem that was causing all the problems last night.

Dragwind
Apr 20, 2012, 02:11 AM

The same thing crossed my mind. I suppose we'll know soon enough.

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 02:12 AM

Just reapply.

Macman
Apr 20, 2012, 02:12 AM
Something to fix the problem that was causing all the problems last night.
The lag and disconnects? Wouldn't that be handled server-side instead of the client?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2012, 02:15 AM
Lol it did remove the english patch :P

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:19 AM
The lag and disconnects? Wouldn't that be handled server-side instead of the client?
It should be. According to the entry that was posted on the official blog yesterday there's more data being send between the client and servers in the closed beta than there was in the alphas and the servers couldn't keep up with it. Presumably, Sega will have worked with the servers to make sure they manage data packets coming from the clients better. A client patch could be to reduce or better organize the data being sent to the servers.

But the important question is "Can I play without being diconnected every 10 minutes or without waiting, stuck, in the lobby while my equips load?" If the patch means I can, then I don't really care what it does technically.

Dinosaur
Apr 20, 2012, 02:26 AM
Chairs got nerfed this patch GG

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
What if chairs were the problem? That would be interesting.

njdss4
Apr 20, 2012, 02:36 AM

O...........M............G........... Chairs nerfed?!?! That's it I'm done with this game. Thanks for nothing, SEGA. :-P

Any translated patch notes around?

LiquidFriend
Apr 20, 2012, 02:41 AM
Still lagging out, so I'm struggling to figure out how this patch helped.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:51 AM
The patch fixed:
A bug that was causing the quest counter not to appear when the emergency quest announcement was playing
The bug where a Laila mag, Zeno, and/or Orza NPCs would make the Vol Dragon freeze
The bug that occured if you opened the Matter Board before it opened itself after you recieved it from Shion. This may still occur but it will fix itself if you log out and then log back in.
Updated settings & optimized server
Removed the ability to sit in lobby chairs to see if that reduced the amount of data being sent between client & server

Dragwind
Apr 20, 2012, 03:04 AM
The patch fixed:
A bug that was causing the quest counter not to appear when the emergency quest announcement was playing
The bug where a Laila mag, Zeno, and/or Orza NPCs would make the Vol Dragon freeze
The bug that occured if you opened the Matter Board before it opened itself after you recieved it from Shion. This may still occur but it will fix itself if you log out and then log back in.
Removed the ability to sit in lobby chairs to see if that reduced the amount of data being sent between client & server

Blasted lobby chairs. *shakes fist at sky*

Polantaris
Apr 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
Updated settings & optimized server[/list]

Seems to me that between the first and second maintenance, the servers were perfect. Then they "optimized" them again and now it's horrible again. Whatever they did did a lot more harm than good.

My friend stated that it could be because the JP students just came home from school, and while that may have caused some latency, it doesn't go from nearly flawless to insanely laggy with huge spikes and disconnects all around from a group of players logging on. If it's TRULY just because of the students coming home, SEGA needs to really refit their servers, because they're not cut out for hosting the game.

I understand that in testing you'll have these kinds of issues, however I thought the whole point of a2 was to test the servers. What was the point of a2 if they're having nearly worse issues? Seems to me that their "Stress testing" did nothing.

njdss4
Apr 20, 2012, 04:07 AM
The patch fixed:

Thanks for posting the translated patch notes :) I don't see how this patch optimized the server, but at least we know that's what they were trying to do.

Polantaris
Apr 20, 2012, 04:09 AM
Thinking about it for a few more minutes, I wonder if they're just testing different configurations for the servers to see which one works the best. Would explain why they changed things when they seemed to be great. Or whatever they did was giving them some errors that we don't see, so they had to change it. I dunno, I just hope they figure it out.

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 04:23 AM
Removed the ability to sit in lobby chairs to see if that reduced the amount of data being sent between client & server[/list]

Ahahaha, that's hilarious. Even more so considering the fact you called it!

Hayde
Apr 20, 2012, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I logged on about 30 minutes to complete a mission before bed....super laggy, loading screen between lobbies and floors took forever, and a group of us were stuck--unable to move before the servers kick us off.

I persisted, however and was able to finish (albiet with a few near death scenarios with input lag and monomate-usage lag).

Not sure if this is intentional or if the purpose of this beta was a stress test, but I would not recommend playing this game during JP hours if you can help it. I played earlier during the day (I believe it was like 4AM or something in Japan at the time) and I had zero lag issues.

FerrPSO
Apr 20, 2012, 06:32 AM
well I cant download the patch, getting 434 errors. Anyone knows why?

EDIT: Oh shit yeah, stupid Avast was on...

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
So, when's the next emergency maintenance due? Haha
Seems to be running like shit again

Pyrii
Apr 20, 2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe if they didn't run the download/patch servers on the same network as the game servers they could remove a large chunk of congest. All downloads go through download.pso2.jp

That's asking for trouble and is just being cheap, everyone else pays for a CDN, why can't SEGA?

Eggobandit
Apr 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
Keep in mind it's Saturday in japan

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, the servers are getting hammered...

lag is much worse than it was n the alpha