PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board Discussion

TechnoV
Apr 19, 2012, 12:36 PM
Okay, so I've done the quests in the forest up through the rappy quest. I've also completed the first three "Matters" on the matter board, but now I'm stuck. Is there a guide somewhere that tells you what the matters are so that I can progress the story? Or do I even need to do the matters to progress in the game?

Basically, I want to fight the dragon and I want to know how to get there.

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
I don't even know what a "Matter Board" is. What is it, and how do I get it?

Arika
Apr 19, 2012, 01:07 PM
Your answer is here, I just finished testing and post 5 min ago:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2739064&postcount=17

well, good luck on it. basically unlike alpha-test, you can't just clear old mission to unlock new missions anymore. you need to do a lot of stuffs lol..

At big Loaf, if you didn't have bug, then you should see Shion NPC at the market area.

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
I still don't really understand.

What does it do? Is it like a synth board from PSU? Is it a story item? How do you "fill up" the slots? What's the significance of the yellow slots?

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
I still don't really understand.

What does it do? Is it like a synth board from PSU? Is it a story item? How do you "fill up" the slots? What's the significance of the yellow slots?

Need it for the story. It gives you a missions to do to progress story. Fill up the slots by doing the mission it states. Idk about yellow slots.

[spoiler-box]
From PSUBlog by Ricardo.

To advance the story you need to complete various matters. Each matter in its description will have a Letter and Number combination. For example, in this screenshot B-2 is listed.
B-1 Find a gunslayer drop from an Udan (Any Forest Mission)
B-2 Play the mission “ザウーダン討伐” and find a tablet item to see a cutscene.
B-3 Go to the Shop Lobby and find Zeno, he will assign a client order you must complete. Afterwards go to the quest counter and complete the mission “フォンガルフ討伐”. When you are done go back to Zeno and select the client order again and report the information to him. You should see a client order clear appear on the screen once you are finished.
B-4 Find a “タグバルブ Tag Valve drop from the enemy “Nab Rappy” (Any Forest Mission)
A-3 Find a ワイヤードオーバー WiredOver drop from the enemy “Udan” (Any Forest Mission)
A-4 Go talk to ウルク Uruk, you can find her downstairs in the shopping lobby opposite of Zeno.
A-5 Find a “クレイモア” Claymore drop from the enemy Fongalf (Any Forest Mission)
C-4 Go talk to ジャン Jean, you can find him in the shopping lobby downstairs.
D-4 Find a “レッグ/デステレンα” from the Dagan enemy. (Any Mission.)
E-4 Find a “アーム/ティタスティンα” unit from the Galf enemy (Any Forest mission)
E-3 Talk to “レダ” Reda, she’s somewhere on the Arks Lobby.
[/spoiler-box]

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'm actually stuck on B-2, I've played through the first mission countless times (and my poor party will vouch for that) is there some other requirement I'm missing?

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
I'm actually stuck on B-2, I've played through the first mission countless times (and my poor party will vouch for that) is there some other requirement I'm missing?

Did you actually select B-2 on the matter board to initiate the quest?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
Did you actually select B-2 on the matter board to initiate the quest?

You're forced to select it when you complete B-1

I've done the map countless times, I'm even getting the same cutscenes repeated but nothing is changing.

Astriel
Apr 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
i'm on e2 now for the gun! i need to kill a rockbear, hard to find a code duel! xD

terrell707
Apr 19, 2012, 06:24 PM
You're forced to select it when you complete B-1

I've done the map countless times, I'm even getting the same cutscenes repeated but nothing is changing.

Did the matter board open itself the first time you used it? or did you open it yourself? apparently there is a bug with it if you open it before it opens itself.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
Did the matter board open itself the first time you used it? or did you open it yourself? apparently there is a bug with it if you open it before it opens itself.

No no, I did the cutscene and the board opened itself. I did the first one B-1 but B-2 won't work no matter what I do. The one beneath is (B-3) mentions that you have to receive a client order from Echo. I've done the first mission (as it states as the location for B-2) and I've seen the cutscene it's talking about with Echo. However, the quest still won't finish no matter how many times I see her cutscene.

Maronji
Apr 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
No no, I did the cutscene and the board opened itself. I did the first one B-1 but B-2 won't work no matter what I do. The one beneath is (B-3) mentions that you have to receive a client order from Echo. I've done the first mission (as it states as the location for B-2) and I've seen the cutscene it's talking about with Echo. However, the quest still won't finish no matter how many times I see her cutscene.

I've had mixed results with B2. The first time, I got Theodore. The second time, I got those two Newman girls. Never got one with Echo, though. Still, not sure why you're having an issue.

I bet I know the answer, but you've gone back to the Arks Ship after completing the objective... right?

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
I've had mixed results with B2. The first time, I got Theodore. The second time, I got those two Newman girls. Never got one with Echo, though. Still, not sure why you're having an issue.

I bet I know the answer, but you've gone back to the Arks Ship after completing the objective... right?

After speaking to Echo I finished the quest and left the party. Was I supposed to talk to NPC Echo in the lobby before finishing the quest?

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
B-2 is called "Where's Echo?" (I think) but all you need to do is go down and talk to Zeno with the event scene tablet and then use the next tablet that shows up. You don't actually need to talk to Echo.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
B-2 is called "Where's Echo?" (I think) but all you need to do is go down and talk to Zeno with the event scene tablet and then use the next tablet that shows up. You don't actually need to talk to Echo.

I've tried talking to Zeno in the Shopping Area, but I'm not sure what you mean @_@ sorry about this I'm clueless.

Mike
Apr 19, 2012, 07:06 PM
I've tried talking to Zeno in the Shopping Area, but I'm not sure what you mean @_@ sorry about this I'm clueless.
Once you use both the event things you find in that mission when you have the B-2 matter board quest, you're done with it. You don't need to talk to Echo in any way whatsoever.

Kazzi
Apr 19, 2012, 07:07 PM
Once you use both the event things you find in that mission when you have the B-2 matter board quest, you're done with it. You don't need to talk to Echo in any way whatsoever.

Ok I'll try that! Thank you very much!

kazuma56
Apr 19, 2012, 08:39 PM
stupid question....but how do you manually open the Mat board?

Clessy
Apr 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
Im not feeling the questing shit. I think you should just be able to pay the stage in a row like pso. Why cant sega understand thats what we want.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
How do you open the Matter Board? I isn't opening itself anymore.

Arika
Apr 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Well, this new system is new to MMO. I never seen it before, but I think it could make a really good detail from it.

point is that MMO is never a game meant to be play in only one way. You do kill boss, you do progress, you do hunt rare, you do talking with people, you do errand.

So this system is forcing players to get the most out of first area before you progress to the second area. This system also enable SEGA to enforce a lot of story into players too. (because it allow them to input many kind of story in the each matter which also link with client order story. Basically you finally have a story to hunt item in MMO game.)

Instead of playing forest -> go cave -> come hunt rare at forest later or have no goal and just repeat the game.

They give you matter board with task. So it wil lbe
Playing forest -> repeat to do a few different kind of task such as talking, hunting, and look around event scene, get the most of out forest before you leave it and unlock cave.

@Kimil Adrayne (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=55298) : find マターボード in menu

Jegin
Apr 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
Been trying to finish E-3 cant seem to find the npc though :/

Skyly
Apr 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/

Has a nice guide for the Matter Board

GrandTickler
Apr 19, 2012, 10:53 PM
i keep reading "you need to do various matter board quests." but i already did nearly all quests, and all i got is 1 mission unlocked (mission5)

you sure its not "ALL matter quests?" in order to progress?

Arika
Apr 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
i keep reading "you need to do various matter board quests." but i already did nearly all quests, and all i got is 1 mission unlocked (mission5)

I did all yellow yesterday and only get access to new story mission. and a new client order (that is related to story too)

I went to sleep after that so I m not sure, but you probably need to do the medical client order too,did you do that yet?

If you did that already, then I guess it is 100% matter board to unlock cave. (since everything in this matter board is forest)

Sanada Yukimura
Apr 20, 2012, 05:19 AM
This one is for the matter board. I only need a few more until im done with this matter board. its the very first one. its the Node 2 to last at the bottom right. when i went into Google translate. i got this

"If you specify at me and our
I want to observe the beginning of one event.
Let's hope we do with me, only it. Location
: Forest annihilation mission Duggan
An area

Event
What dude Sukirumaji"

I have no clue where this suki guy is or even what to do can anyone help.

P.S Rockbears aint no joke

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 06:17 AM
Okay, can some one clarify B-2 for me? I read the earlier posts and I'm still confused.

I have been doing the first quest for ages now and it's really starting to annoy me. I've seen a crap load of tablets, one of them was Eko, but still no luck.

Is it all down to chance or am I missing something very obvious?

Astriel
Apr 20, 2012, 06:54 AM
i'm stuck with e-1 xD

Maronji
Apr 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
Okay, can some one clarify B-2 for me? I read the earlier posts and I'm still confused.

I have been doing the first quest for ages now and it's really starting to annoy me. I've seen a crap load of tablets, one of them was Eko, but still no luck.

Is it all down to chance or am I missing something very obvious?

There should be two event tablets when doing B-2. You might have to backtrack to find it, though.

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 07:12 AM
There should be two event tablets when doing B-2. You might have to backtrack to find it, though.

Okay, one more try! If this works, I might have to search the world to kiss you.

EDIT: Nope, no luck =( damn it..

Clessy
Apr 20, 2012, 07:32 AM
I cant figure out how to do this matter quest shit for anything. Someone should explain it well.

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 07:35 AM

To unlock client orders you need to do matter quests
To get a Mag you need to do the client order for a Mag licence

It's better just to do the matter board as you play.

FerrPSO
Apr 20, 2012, 07:39 AM
yeah, the Matter board is confusing without knowing JP, im in the 3rd mision

B-3 Go to the Shop Lobby and find Zeno, he will assign a client order you must complete. Afterwards go to the quest counter and complete the mission “フォンガルフ討伐” (Second mission in the quest list). When you are done go back to Zeno and select the client order again and report the information to him. You should see a client order clear appear on the screen once you are finished.

I did the mision and returned to Zeno. Appeared some menu shit but I didnt understand at all, so I dont know what to do now.

james_b
Apr 20, 2012, 07:45 AM
nvm found him

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 07:48 AM
Found Eko and an animation happened, but I'm not seeing a second tablet. What the hell is happening? Am I caught in a bug?

Just had an idea to try but I got tunnel'd so I guess I'm going to have to do the entire damn thing again.

Once you encounter Eko in quest 1, are you supposed to go to quest 2 afterwards to encounter Zeno?

Aiex
Apr 20, 2012, 08:17 AM
I just found out about the matter board glitch, but I can't remember if I opened it on my own or let it open automatically. Is there anyway to tell if you glitched your character? If I have to start over I want to know, but I really don't want to if I can help it.

Astriel
Apr 20, 2012, 08:22 AM
anyone completed e-1?

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
I just found out about the matter board glitch, but I can't remember if I opened it on my own or let it open automatically. Is there anyway to tell if you glitched your character? If I have to start over I want to know, but I really don't want to if I can help it.

The matter board glitch got me too. If you open it prior to the game automatically opening itself post-cutscene then yes, you will have to remake your character or every time you go into the shopping area the board will come up and you won't be able to select anything (which means you have to exit the game and relog every time. I got lucky because the lag yesterday meant I could move to somewhere it won't auto open before it had the chance) . It can also happen in the mission lobby too, but it will always comes up in the shop lobby.

Kinaya
Apr 20, 2012, 08:32 AM
I can't finish A-5 i need a claymore but i can't find it <.<
edit: finally lol

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 08:47 AM
Found Eko and an animation happened, but I'm not seeing a second tablet. What the hell is happening? Am I caught in a bug?

Just had an idea to try but I got tunnel'd so I guess I'm going to have to do the entire damn thing again.

Once you encounter Eko in quest 1, are you supposed to go to quest 2 afterwards to encounter Zeno?

Gonna need an opinion guys, should I just make a new character? Either I'm incedibly unlucky or I'm glithced. No one seems to know what the hell I should do!

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 08:49 AM
Gonna need an opinion guys, should I just make a new character? Either I'm incedibly unlucky or I'm glithced. No one seems to know what the hell I should do!

OK apparently it occurs on a specific map for the mission which has an extra area at the end. So when you finish the mission and the clear comes up carry on and a tablet should appear. Watch that cutscene then backtrack through the map and another tablet will appear. When you've watched them both the system message for B-2 will appear in the chat box.

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
OK apparently it occurs on a specific map for the mission which has an extra area at the end. So when you finish the mission and the clear comes up carry on and a tablet should appear. Watch that cutscene then backtrack through the map and another tablet will appear. When you've watched them both the system message for B-2 will appear in the chat box.

An extra area huh? Looks like I've been incredibly unlucky if that's the case as I haven't encountered that map and I've been playing the same mission for 6 hours haha.

Thanks! I'll keep at it (hopefully I'm not glitched because I'm gonna be so annoyed at all that wasted effort!)

WBMike
Apr 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
After doing these Matter Board quests over I realize now that the tablet appearances are random. Sometimes you won't even see a tablet appear at all.

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
An extra area huh? Looks like I've been incredibly unlucky if that's the case as I haven't encountered that map and I've been playing the same mission for 6 hours haha.

Thanks! I'll keep at it (hopefully I'm not glitched because I'm gonna be so annoyed at all that wasted effort!)

I'm on 6 hours too, I've been at it since 10pm last night through till 3am, and then again for another 3 hours today. The event tablet エコーは何所だ?just isn't showing up.

Aiex
Apr 20, 2012, 10:39 AM
The matter board glitch got me too. If you open it prior to the game automatically opening itself post-cutscene then yes, you will have to remake your character or every time you go into the shopping area the board will come up and you won't be able to select anything (which means you have to exit the game and relog every time. I got lucky because the lag yesterday meant I could move to somewhere it won't auto open before it had the chance) . It can also happen in the mission lobby too, but it will always comes up in the shop lobby.

Thanks a lot Kazzi. I must be safe because I can go to the shops without my board opening! What a relief.

Tauro29
Apr 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
yeah, the Matter board is confusing without knowing JP, im in the 3rd mision

I did the mision and returned to Zeno. Appeared some menu shit but I didnt understand at all, so I dont know what to do now.

After I accept the client order, what do I have to look for to complete it, from b-3.

Found it

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm on 6 hours too, I've been at it since 10pm last night through till 3am, and then again for another 3 hours today. The event tablet エコーは何所だ?just isn't showing up.

Oh jeez, really? Shame I'm in Ship 4, we could have shared our pain in the lobby!

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 11:47 AM
Oh jeez, really? Shame I'm in Ship 4, we could have shared our pain in the lobby!

エコーは何所だ?came up for me but no matter how much I backtracked through the map (pre-completing quest and post-completing, even going back to the map after visiting the camp ship) the second tablet would not appear.

I've got a friend whos going to make a second character and run the party whilst I wait in the camp ship to see if the tablet will appear again in the hope it won't glitch up.

Reia
Apr 20, 2012, 11:53 AM
I finished the Chapter 1 and talked with Shion which I get a message saying I completed the story content of the CBT, still no Areas past the LV7 one. Do you guys got any areas?

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 12:21 PM
エコーは何所だ?came up for me but no matter how much I backtracked through the map (pre-completing quest and post-completing, even going back to the map after visiting the camp ship) the second tablet would not appear.

I've got a friend whos going to make a second character and run the party whilst I wait in the camp ship to see if the tablet will appear again in the hope it won't glitch up.

How annoying.

Met Eko again on the first mission, what the fuck? Surely if the matter board is asking where she is and I manage to find her in the area it specifies, that should be it? Ugh.

D-Inferno
Apr 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
Having trouble with B3.

B1 and B2 have these green checks, so I assume I've completed them. I try to talk to Zeno, but nothing is happening.

WBMike
Apr 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
I don't remember every specific details, but on the first day I got the Where's Echo story tablet, then after I completed the mission and went back to the lobby, the Matter Board popped up automatically and cleared the orb.

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
Apparently it's supposed to labelled Eko's story or some crap, but I just get a regular tablet and she talks about Zeno and such. Nothing happens when I return to the lobby.

Getting mighty bored of this right now, but I know that if I don't do it I can't advance. Starting to detest this matter board despite how much of a good idea it seemed.

DeathDragon2332
Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
I am very confused on what to do. I have the first 4 missions beat and I already found the first thing on the matter board. But I can't select one to hunt for any idea? http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz15/DeathDragon2332/pso20120420_135259_001.jpg

Link1275
Apr 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Apparently it's supposed to labelled Eko's story or some crap, but I just get a regular tablet and she talks about Zeno and such. Nothing happens when I return to the lobby.

Getting mighty bored of this right now, but I know that if I don't do it I can't advance. Starting to detest this matter board despite how much of a good idea it seemed.
If it were in a language you could read you wouldn't mind the system. It's a GREAT BIG language barrier.

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
DeathDragon2332: this is the one me and Demonmike are stuck on

I multi-cliented a second account and triggered the appropriate totem to appear. After speaking to it with the new character I got the system B-2 message, but it disappeared before I could speak to it with my main. So we're going to try again and only I'm going to talk to the tablet (if it doesn't vanish again). The only reason I can think of it glitching like this is because of the various 630 errors that occured. It's possible I trigged the tablet to appear and got disconnected either whilst talking to it or after it appeared but before I could talk to it, which has in turn registered the game to think I've seen the cutscene, stopping it from appearing during mission 1 again.

If it fails again or it doesn't trigger then I'll have no choice but to remake my level 13 @_@ I can trade gear over to my other account or put it in storage but eurgh. What a pain in the ass. I'll let you know what happens.

DeathDragon2332
Apr 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ahh alrighty thanks.

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
BUG CONFIRMED

Spawned the new tablet with a new character, the new character viewed the correct cutscene and received the B-2 complete message, current character got a completely unrelated cutscene with different characters (both monitors were side by side). Matter Board is glitched so I'll have to remake my character.

Kinaya
Apr 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
My problem is after i finished the both yellow metta board quests i got a new one, but its the tutorial lol how can i get the right one?
edit: lol nvm i'm an idiot !

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
BUG CONFIRMED

Spawned the new tablet with a new character, the new character viewed the correct cutscene and received the B-2 complete message, current character got a completely unrelated cutscene with different characters (both monitors were side by side). Matter Board is glitched so I'll have to remake my character.

Shit! Cheers for testing though dude, looks like a new character is due but this time on Ship 2!

Hopefully that'll get fixed soon.

Judecadre
Apr 20, 2012, 01:57 PM
I'm having the same problem myself. That event tablet just won't appear.

EDIT: And of course, as soon as I complain it shows up. I ended up switching my matter board quest from D-5 to E-4, then back to D-5 and it showed up the next time I went into the extermination mission. No idea if there actually is a correlation there, though.

Griffin
Apr 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm having some trouble getting the D-5 event to trigger. I've been doing the fongulf quest, but it just doesn't turn up. Is there some kind of prerequisite?

Same here.

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm lost on E-3.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6249/pso20120420203432002.jpg

I finished Chapter 1, talked with a bunch of NPCs (I think it was a nurse NPC first, then Shion, then the girl that was saved in Chapter 1 and then Shion again), and now I dunno what to do next. :\

EDIT: Nevermind. Logged out and logged back in, and the matter board opened automatically to complete E-3.

DemonMike
Apr 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
BUG CONFIRMED

Further proof here. Just created a new character and got the event tablet on my first go. It would seem I accidentally opened the matter board before obtaining it, except I never got the weird bug when I visited the shop area. Hmm.

Kazzi
Apr 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
Shit! Cheers for testing though dude, looks like a new character is due but this time on Ship 2!

Hopefully that'll get fixed soon.

I send a bug report along with a video to prove it from both computers o7 so it should be fixed!

redroses
Apr 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
Anybody have any tips on how to get a rock bear show up? I played since yesterday and haven't seen one once. This is so annoying.

Edit: Also, is it confirmed that after I finish all the matter board quests I get to access the caves?

Wayu
Apr 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
I did the second mission for the third Matter Board assignment, went back to Zeno, absolutely nothing. Repeated this 6 times...what am I missing?

-Wayu

WBMike
Apr 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
I'm having some trouble getting the D-5 event to trigger. I've been doing the fongulf quest, but it just doesn't turn up. Is there some kind of prerequisite?

D-5 isn't in the Fongulf quest though, it's in the Dagan quest (3rd quest)

D-5 Quest requirements are:

ダガン殲滅任務:森林 The Dagan Quest is the third option from the top.
スキルマジすげえって tablet must appear

http://i.imgur.com/OaHcG.jpg

It took me over 6 hours to get the tablet to show up.
Here's what it looks like:
[spoiler-box]

http://i.imgur.com/oKflh.jpg

This tablet スキルマジすげえって will let you see this cutscene:

http://i.imgur.com/Bd9Q1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k2qhA.jpg

Notice the D-5 message in the chat box, after you see that message go to the lobby and your Matter board will pop up

http://i.imgur.com/wZFAC.jpg[/spoiler-box]

So all I can say is just keep trying and eventually you'll get it.

Skyly
Apr 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
I posted the matter board guide. There should be no problem. People need to fuckin read the thread.

Tauro29
Apr 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Has anyone completed c-5, it's not in the guide and can't seem to find where to get the weapon?

Omega-z
Apr 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
skyly - that guide is missing D-1 and E-5 by the way.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 20, 2012, 08:40 PM
ok for some reason I cant complete B-3 for Zeno... i've done the quest 8 times and i go talk to him and it still says it's not completed.. wtf?

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2012, 08:46 PM
ok for some reason I cant complete B-3 for Zeno... i've done the quest 8 times and i go talk to him and it still says it's not completed.. wtf?
There's more to E-3 than that, first you talk to Zeno, then I think Shion (the one who gave you the matter board), dunno if there's more npcs to talk, but most liekly after talking with Shion, the story quest for chapter 1 is unlocked.
Do the chapter 1, and then there's a bunch of npcs to talk with, I don't remember exactly the order, but I think it was something like nurse npc -> Shion -> girl that was saved in chapter 1 (she's close to the medical center) -> Shion.
After that E-3 should be done, but if it isn't, logout and login.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Apr 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Free Field Quest? Need to try and fight some Rockbears.

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Free Field Quest? Need to try and fight some Rockbears.
It gets unlocked in one of the client orders from the NPC in one of the quest counters, in that client order you apparently have to S rank the 3rd and 4th forest quests and get 5 森林観測用素子 that drop in enemies from those quests (those items drop in yellow boxes).

Misaki Ki
Apr 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
I was ready to kill whoever made B-2 since I was stuck on it for ages, even after many relogs.

Then my power went out for an hour today, and after it came back on I signed in and it said I completed it in the lobby. Weird, lol.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
Ezodagrom.. it's not E-3; it's B-3 that wont say "finished"

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
Ezodagrom.. it's not E-3; it's B-3 that wont say "finished"
Dunno why I read it as E-3 (plus it's another guy that the player needs to talk in E-3, not Zeno). ._.

Well, for B-3 I guess you could try logout and login after completing the quest? That worked for me when I couldn't complete E-3.

Skyly
Apr 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
skyly - that guide is missing D-1 and E-5 by the way.

Yes it does btw.

Dan Maku
Apr 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
How do I clear B-4?

Wayu
Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 PM

Same issue.

-Wayu

Omega-z
Apr 20, 2012, 11:38 PM
skyly - where exactly is it on the bump page. So far in the middle of the page it list all except those two.....hmm did they add those two latter and need to refresh my cookie?

Update: that was it and did the trick sorry from the problem.:)

Clessy
Apr 20, 2012, 11:41 PM
Same issue.

-Wayu

You know when you've done it fight if you read your quest log on the side of the screen during the mission. It will say "b-3 completed"
theres a floating platform and you find a gold whip item I believe.

jmanx
Apr 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
And All the info to the matter table
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-closed-beta-and-mini-guide/#goals

new patch up date exist to just google pso 2 english patch and your good

Wayu
Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
Is there a blue icon next to his request in his client request window?

The first time I completed it, yes. Not any more.

-Wayu

Eggobandit
Apr 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
That early Zeno mission?

Yeah...just walk away from him. It'll register after a few steps.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2012, 12:29 AM
For the record...when it comes to Client Order

Blue Icon over head = New Client Order available
Green Icon over head = You've completed a Client Order for that person and you have to talk to the person. IIRC it's the 2nd option that opens up the client order list and just select the one with a green icon (the one you just did) and you'll be finish with it.
No Icon over head = There aren't any new Client Order (or that the NPC doesn't have any period)

DemonMike
Apr 21, 2012, 04:37 AM
B-2 glitch still persists even after the emergency maintenance, just in case any one is still stuck on it.

Arika
Apr 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
I have replayed it with party for more than 10 times already. SO far of all the matter board I did, I never have to repeat it this much.

So now, I m wondering
-if this is kind of bug?
-I must solo only?
-Or must do something other than just meet a person on area-1 ?
-Will it pop up tablet like an normal story event? or it will be just cut-scene as soon as you walk in?

can anybody who clear this confirm me of how u did?

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2012, 08:52 AM
I have replayed it with party for more than 10 times already. SO far of all the matter board I did, I never have to repeat it this much.

So now, I m wondering
-if this is kind of bug?
-I must solo only?
-Or must do something other than just meet a person on area-1 ?
-Will it pop up tablet like an normal story event? or it will be just cut-scene as soon as you walk in?

can anybody who clear this confirm me of how u did?
I tried to do E-1 yesterday for like 2 hours, usually I just skipped the enemies and abandoned mission by the end of area 1, but in the end I didn't find the event and just gave up.

Vent
Apr 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
I have 100% on the matter board myself now.

For all the event based missions except the first few I Just applied the strategy Ezodagrom explained. Start the mission (I did it solo), run around area 1 till you get an event or been everywhere on the map. You can just watch the event if one appeared or skip it if it isn't the one you need. Abandon the mission (return all the way to the lobby) and repeat.

Arika
Apr 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
I have 100% on the matter board myself now.

For all the event based missions except the first few I Just applied the strategy Ezodagrom explained. Start the mission (I did it solo), run around area 1 till you get an event or been everywhere on the map. You can just watch the event if one appeared or skip it if it isn't the one you need. Abandon the mission (return all the way to the lobby) and repeat.

But he did that for 2 hrs, just run in and abandon only and did not find. Myself include also did around 3 hours but not skip. and I don't find it either.

Is it that rare?

also, what did you get access to after complete all?

Vent
Apr 21, 2012, 09:47 AM
I think I ran it about 3-5 times till I found it. Almost every time an event appeared, but not necessarily the correct one. Remember to run into each section of the map without lag. You need the server to see those things. One of the ways to notice this is check your map. If you see yourself walking into a void, then you are lagging.

As for reward, I got absolutely nothing I am aware of! When I completed the thing it basically just showed the last orb going into the completed state and then....nothing!

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
Finally I got E-1, it's an event with the 2 Newman girls. It's the 4th different event I've seen with these girls in this quest.
The event starts with the high-pitched voice girl talking off-camera.

GrandTickler
Apr 21, 2012, 04:54 PM
Finally I got E-1, it's an event with the 2 Newman girls. It's the 4th different event I've seen with these girls in this quest.
The event starts with the high-pitched voice girl talking off-camera.

thanks, i been doing this map for like 10x now

edit: make that 50. wtf this is retarded

Judecadre
Apr 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Where is a good place to get the item for E-5? I've seen the monster for it pop up once during the extermination mission and also during that emergency mission, but I'm curious if it shows up more often in the forest exploration or in another place.

SpishackCola
Apr 21, 2012, 09:52 PM
Ugh, so for ones like E-1, D-2, D-5, etc is completely random on not only whether or not a event cutscene shows up, but also it may not be the one you want? I've only tried a couple of times for E-1 and D-5, but I kept getting different cutscenes than what I needed or nothing at all :(

Definitely sounds like this needs to be fixed. I get grinding for item drops, but grinding for cutscenes? Yeah...no.

Arimil
Apr 21, 2012, 10:29 PM
I found E-1 here's a screenshot of the map for anyone having trouble with this one. Me and a few friends speed ran it by having one person stay in the ship and the other change the mission after they checked it (thus bringing them back to the ship). However we did this at least 80 times and never found it. Afterwords we started trying to do it solo and I found it on my 5th try.

http://ft.trillian.im/renari/676xYLUfu-eTMPMd479t.jpg

GrandTickler
Apr 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
I found E-1 here's a screenshot of the map for anyone having trouble with this one. Me and a few friends speed ran it by having one person stay in the ship and the other change the mission after they checked it (thus bringing them back to the ship). However we did this at least 80 times and never found it. Afterwords we started trying to do it solo and I found it on my 5th try.

i think there was something wrong with the english translation patch. (unless im just blind) i could sworn it said the npc to be in the very first mission, while after the 21th updated translation patch it said the dagan map. thats why i wasted so much time on this E-1 matter lol.

Tsukento
Apr 22, 2012, 03:36 AM
Okay, I'm having trouble with B-3. I've done exactly what the guides have said. I spoke with Zeno to start the client request. Completed the second quest. Talked to him again and chose the 2nd option that comes up after he had a blue note pad over his head. A bar with text then came up in the middle of the screen...and nothing.

I try again and this is what I see:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i43.tinypic.com/2evz04l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If I select it, a confirmation screen comes up and then another bar with text in the middle of the screen comes up. Still nothing. I talk to him again, the same thing, only now there's a blue pad in the circle. Selecting that does the same thing.

I logged off and on. Still nothing. I redid the quest two additional times. Still nothing. What in the hell am I doing wrong?

Vent
Apr 22, 2012, 03:41 AM
Where is a good place to get the item for E-5? I've seen the monster for it pop up once during the extermination mission and also during that emergency mission, but I'm curious if it shows up more often in the forest exploration or in another place.

Dagan Extermination quest in forest is pretty good to find a spawn. Walk to the most west end of the river in area 2 and hope it will spawn. Otherwise, restart.

@Tsukento
I think you accidentally canceled the client order. A completed client order has a crown icon before it.

Tsukento
Apr 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
That seems to probably be the case. Left it so that the blue notepad circle was next to the order and went to redo the quest. This time a notepad was next to the quest's title.

This whole time I thought I was selecting it or trying to relay the order. :|

Arimil
Apr 22, 2012, 07:46 AM

Just an update on this, the map may be irrelevant, my other friend finally found it on a different map entirely in which case your on your own of simply talking to random boards until this event triggers.

Here's the map he found it on:
[spoiler-box]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/599/pso20120421233052006.png[/spoiler-box]

moorebounce
Apr 22, 2012, 08:34 AM
Dagan Extermination quest in forest is pretty good to find a spawn. Walk to the most west end of the river in area 2 and hope it will spawn. Otherwise, restart.

@Tsukento
I think you accidentally canceled the client order. A completed client order has a crown icon before it.

I was actually attacked by them but nothing happened.

P.S. The best way to be by yourself when they spawn is to let only your level of player in the quest. I kept getting in mult-player areas and others would kill them and I didn't end up getting the drop.

Chibi_psu
Apr 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
So i just finished the story mission 1(the white maiden girl is pretty cute)...And now what? the only thing i have to do is the mag stuff.But is forest the only place to hunt?How do i unlock new stages?

moorebounce
Apr 22, 2012, 11:05 AM
Whats the best quest to get the Rockbear for E-2?

DemonMike
Apr 22, 2012, 11:07 AM
So i just finished the story mission 1(the white maiden girl is pretty cute)...And now what? the only thing i have to do is the mag stuff.But is forest the only place to hunt?How do i unlock new stages?

My problem as well. I'm basically just blitzing through all the client requests I see but apparently I'm not getting any of the important ones (Echo and Coffy's).

goombazoid
Apr 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
I have 100% matter board, but I never got the story quest to rescue the FO girl. Any ideas on how to get that quest to appear?

Randomness
Apr 22, 2012, 07:02 PM
Whats the best quest to get the Rockbear for E-2?

Forest free mission, hands down. Boss room always has at least one rockbear, I've seen it be as many as three (two at a time, with additional stuff thrown in), and you can encounter more in the mission through CODE: DUEL and CODE: ATTACK.

Caves is unlocked by a client order from the same girl you go to for the Mag License.

Rizen
Apr 22, 2012, 07:04 PM
when you go to pick a mission, choose the last option to select story quest. I forgot the name of the quest, but its pretty much like the tutorial except you get a choice of what path to take. When you get to the point where you have 4 ways to go, go east and you will get Chapter 1. Thats the quest to rescue the FO girl.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hmmm
On the blog site says D-2 is Area 2 of Rag Rappy Mission while the english patch translation says area 1 ><

james_b
Apr 22, 2012, 08:13 PM
D-2 is in the second area

goombazoid
Apr 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
when you go to pick a mission, choose the last option to select story quest. I forgot the name of the quest, but its pretty much like the tutorial except you get a choice of what path to take. When you get to the point where you have 4 ways to go, go east and you will get Chapter 1. Thats the quest to rescue the FO girl.

Ahh thanks.

EDIT: and now philia is willing to talk to me and give me client orders, woot

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 08:36 PM
Which event is the right one for D-2
So far I've gotten Xeno,echo, lisa and kuruto

Recommend mission for D-1?

becomplex114
Apr 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
Forest free mission, hands down. Boss room always has at least one rockbear, I've seen it be as many as three (two at a time, with additional stuff thrown in), and you can encounter more in the mission through CODE: DUEL and CODE: ATTACK.

Caves is unlocked by a client order from the same girl you go to for the Mag License.

How do you unlock the Forest free mission?

and has anyone translated the missions from that girl? I can't figure out how to complete her other two quest

PKS
Apr 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've searched the whole forum and everyone saying the Dagan are those green rolling spiked creatures in the forest, correct?

Well for the past 2 1/2 hours I've been hunting them down in Area 2 of the Rockbear mission and I swear I've killed around 40+ (if not much more) of them already and all I've gotten were 2 client quests completed.

Are these the right monsters? If so, why can't I get the item?

All the other boards were completed within the 1st 4 or 5 kills. Some on the 1st. This is pissing me off.

Ceresa
Apr 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
I've searched the whole forum and everyone saying the Dagan are those green rolling spiked creatures in the forest, correct?

Well for the past 2 1/2 hours I've been hunting them down in Area 2 of the Rockbear mission and I swear I've killed around 40+ (if not much more) of them already and all I've gotten were 2 client quests completed.

All the other boards were completed within the 1st 4 or 5 kills. Some on the 1st. This is pissing me off.

Dagans are the little black darkers.

The right monster is Briada, the flying Darker enemy that can spawn a set of El Dagans. You find them rarely as interrupt events in multi party areas. Or if you get lucky with the emergency city mission you'll most likely see several.

xBladeM6x
Apr 23, 2012, 09:24 PM
I completed the Matter Board. Nothing happens. How interesting. Lol.

Those aren't Dagan. The Dagan is the spiders. The rolling spiked things are Karonga or something like that. Do Forest Exploration Mission. They can be found in block 2 easily. Just explore the map up and down for about 30 mins, and you'll get them.

PKS
Apr 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
Dagans are the little black darkers.

The right monster is Briada, the flying Darker enemy that can spawn a set of El Dagans. You find them rarely as interrupt events in multi party areas. Or if you get lucky with the emergency city mission you'll most likely see several.

Wait... this is a Dagan?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Shinto/pso20120422_005330_005.png

RocSage
Apr 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
Wait... this is a Dagan?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Shinto/pso20120422_005330_005.png

No that is a Breeada (will probably be translated to breeder) and it spawns El Dagans, a more powerful version of Dagans which the Breeadas spawn around.

PKS
Apr 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
No that is a Breeada (will probably be translated to breeder) and it spawns El Dagans, a more powerful version of Dagans which the Breeadas spawn around.

Ah, okay. Thanks.
I think the only time I saw the Dagans were in the caves. So I guess I should try there.

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2012, 12:16 AM
... I completed the matter board, but I've yet to unlock Forest Exploration..? I am SO confused, haha.

EDIT: I don't know what I did but suddenly its available... YAY.

Azazel7108
Apr 24, 2012, 02:14 AM
So after u finish the Matter Board you get a small chat with the lady that gave u the board in the 1st spot again & its over?

GrandTickler
Apr 24, 2012, 08:13 AM
i know what causes the matter board to bug now.
after completing B2 and returning to the lobby i saw the matter complete window, then it closed. then it popped again and i selected b3. at this point the server started lagging and i got disconected. when i came back online, B3 was selected but no cutscene started once i came near xeno.

i remade my character again and did the same process and this time without disconection and everything worked fine. so yeah looks like DC's are the perma buggers here

Punisher106
Apr 24, 2012, 11:21 AM
I'm digging how the game is trolling me. I'm working on D-5, and when I run the Dagan extermination, I get the things to pop up, and I go ahead and clear the quest. After that, I go out to see if it clears, it isn't cleared! I've ran into Jean, Afin, Maloo... God dammit, who am I supposed to run into?

Sapparu
Jun 23, 2012, 07:46 PM
For matter board E-4, are you supposed to look for an event tablet on the first caves mission?

Deviruki
Jun 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
In case anyone needs help as to what conditions need to be met for each letter/number, check this blog and scroll down to the matterboard goals.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/