PDA

View Full Version : Guide Beta MAG stat translation and FEEDING info [NEW-er INFO]

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
anyone got any tips so far or what the stats are?

INFO SO FAR

Just a guess after playing lots of japanese games

1. Melee Attack Strength
2. Range Attack Strength
3. Magic Attack Strength
4. Accuracy Ability / skill?
5. Melee Defence
6. Range Defence
7. Magic Defence

Trigger Action :
(Strength)device / HP Restoration A

What's the percentage bar for? And the box next to the mag itself?

the ehergy% bar is how hungry your mag is, if its not hungry no feeding !! each feed increases the bar by 33% and reduces at a rate of 1% every 24sec
ALOT slower than the 3min limit on pso... thats like a 10- min feed break if at 100%... wtf? too long
Also the amount it raises a stat is determined by rarity, example 5star rare raises more than 1 star rare...

and the black box says 'not registered' it changes to the Photon Blast when you evolve it...

each LV you gain on your mag increases the respective stat by one point on your character when equiped. eg- Lv20 pow mag != +20 pow stat.

Mags DO NOT evolve at lv 10. I am upset. They do at lv 50, post your builds and evoloutions please!

I found out that. While weapons increase the status and grants you ability, Mates grants you the same atribute depending on the quality and lowers the Ability and grant you defense (as the weapon type you use also reduce that kind of defense for the same amount of ability gained).

Monomates = ATP + DFP - ABL
Dimates = ATA + RDP - ABL
Trimates = TP + MST - ABL

Strike Weapons = ATP + ABL - DFP
Range Weapons = ATA + ABL - RDP
Tech Weapons = TP + ABL - MST

For anyone still unsure about how to use a mag's photon blast, you have to go to the subpalette and add it there.

Once it's set, you'll gradually see a segmented, thin orange bar that wraps around the PB icon when you get hit/do damage (I believe).
http://i.imgur.com/NCUQZ.jpg

Mag Menu

アイテムを与える Give Item
デバイスを使う Use Device
装備を外す Unequip (or equip)
トリガーアクション優先度 Trigger Action Priority
アクション確認 Check Actions

http://i.imgur.com/jZ2cm.jpg

cloudzer00
Apr 20, 2012, 06:28 PM

1. Melee Attack Strength
2. Range Attack Strength
3. Magic Attack Strength
4. Accuracy
5. Melee Defence
6. Range Defence
7. Magic Defence

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 06:31 PM

1. Melee Attack Strength
2. Range Attack Strength
3. Magic Attack Strength
4. Accuracy
5. Melee Defence
6. Range Defence
7. Magic Defence

seems leegit ^^
any idea about the TRIGGER ima guessing resta....

cloudzer00
Apr 20, 2012, 06:42 PM
Trigger Action :
(Strength)device / HP Restoration A

Tried my best reading those Kanji.
Guess it is an attack buff and Resta.

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
thanks for your help!! :D

cloudzer00
Apr 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
No problem.
Well, it is just a guess, i studied japanese for about 3 months so it's better to wait for someone who already knows japanese.

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
my mag is already lv 1 so ima blame you if its bad huehueheu ^^
omg its so slow to feed mag, you have to wait for the hunger %to go down... >.>

cloudzer00
Apr 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
I'm only not sure about the trigger actions.
Mag stats should be correct.

Kgrassu
Apr 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
From the perspective of someone who knows Chinese, we have in order:

Striking power
Shooting power
Technic power (literally 法 Fa - meaning method or possibly a shortening of 佛法 Fofa - meaning magic arts.)
Ability/skill amount (literally 技 Ji - ability, skill [also means technology/technique but doesn't make sense in context]; 量 Liang - amount, measure)
Striking defense
Shooting defense
Technic defense (see technic power for translation notes)

The bottom says "HP恢复A" meaning "Hp recovery A" and the beginning of what's before it... the "支授 Zhishou" means "Support instruction".

Sorry, that's the only Kanji in there, can't read the rest. :P

Note: The character used for "power" is 擊 meaning "to beat something" (it also means "attack" but is rarely used in that context) which I find hilarious.

goombazoid
Apr 20, 2012, 08:07 PM
I had assumed the 4th stat was ability, but again, just an assumption.

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
I had assumed the 4th stat was ability, but again, just an assumption.
It can be read as ability or skill.

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 08:21 PM
mag trigger is resta at <1/3 HP ... thats what it seemed like when it happened >< lv 1 also
thanks for everyones translation!! ^^

goombazoid
Apr 20, 2012, 08:25 PM
It can be read as ability or skill.

Ok cool, I can't read japanese at all, I just figured since ability was a stat characters had it was probably one a mag had too :P

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 08:37 PM

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 08:44 PM

the % bar is how hungry your mag is, if its not hungry no feeding !!
ALOT slower than the 3min limit on pso...

dosent seem to go down faster if your fighting / gettign hurt either #_#

and the black box says 'not registered' in it so i assume its for a second mag?

EDIT; seems like the hunger % bar goes down at a rate of 1% every 24 seconds, needs to be <65-70% to feed ... thats like a 10-12 min feed break if at 100%... wtf? too long
Also the amount it raises a stat is determined by rarity, example 5star rare raises more than 1 star rare...

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2012, 09:49 PM
Does the mag cap at 10 in the closed beta?

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
Does the mag cap at 10 in the closed beta?

im at lv 12 so i guess no...
im sure i heard 99 was the cap [citation needed]

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 20, 2012, 10:06 PM
Seems giving it guns work specifically for range and accuracy (as expected) so im probably gonna give it all the guns i dont use

eharima
Apr 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
Seems giving it guns work specifically for range and accuracy (as expected) so im probably gonna give it all the guns i dont use

at lv 14 the growth amount from wepons and item seems to drop quite alot... not good at all...

Eggobandit
Apr 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
The gatcha have items that increase your mag's attributes by anywhere from 3 to 5 levels in one feed, but the stat is seemingly random and RARELY seem to be offensive stats.

But here's the kicker -- they don't affect your mag's hunger. They're good for getting levels/mag blasts but probably terrible for trying to successfully customize one.

Ceresa
Apr 21, 2012, 12:31 AM
The gatcha have items that increase your mag's attributes by anywhere from 3 to 5 levels in one feed, but the stat is seemingly random and RARELY seem to be offensive stats.

But here's the kicker -- they don't affect your mag's hunger. They're good for getting levels/mag blasts but probably terrible for trying to successfully customize one.

They aren't random, the stats they raise are clearly labeled.

Level 60 to evolve and get photon blast incidentally.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hmm good to know. That would be good if you didn't really care for the stat outcome

I wonder what the next food choice for Range attack/accuracy would be good for besides range weapons since according to eharima it slows down at 14.

Although it's possible that regardless of type of MAG you make that the weight of each slowly decreases over time...but that would need some research done to see how that works...

Brus
Apr 21, 2012, 02:10 AM
My mag is at lvl 79 and hasn't evolved yet. Is there any procedure other than feeding it? or am i glitched?

Eggobandit
Apr 21, 2012, 02:11 AM
They aren't random, the stats they raise are clearly labeled.

Level 60 to evolve and get photon blast incidentally.

random to me. Moonrunes.

And i got my mag blast at lv 50 flat.

Someone told me 65, You tell me 60, I got mine at 50, dude above me is 79 and still doesn't have one. Apparently, there are more mechanics at work here than we think...?

BTW just to make sure you do not have one, in order to use your mag blast you need to place it on your subpallete. but i guess it's obvious if your mag hasnt transformed.

Dinosaur
Apr 21, 2012, 02:21 AM
Hmm good to know. That would be good if you didn't really care for the stat outcome

I wonder what the next food choice for Range attack/accuracy would be good for besides range weapons since according to eharima it slows down at 14.

Although it's possible that regardless of type of MAG you make that the weight of each slowly decreases over time...but that would need some research done to see how that works...

Feeding your MAG PA/tech discs and furniture will strictly raise Ability: the stat responsible for PA damage. My MAG has around +45 ability, letting my level 9 ranger deal 500-600 damage with launcher PAs. It's a good MAG build to share between a Hunter and a Ranger. Ability-based MAGs also get their own unique form and PA.

My mag is at lvl 79 and hasn't evolved yet. Is there any procedure other than feeding it? or am i glitched?

Your MAG probably has an identity crisis. Try to have more than 15 levels in one stat over the next highest stat. It should evolve then.

PS: You can activate Photon Blasts by pressing "B" on the keyboard. I found this out multiple times when trying to hit auto-run.

Eggobandit
Apr 21, 2012, 02:25 AM
PS: You can activate Photon Blasts by pressing "B" on the keyboard. I found this out multiple times when trying to hit auto-run.

Actually this is probably just a fluke.

You can use G and H to select a number from the Subpallete, and B is the key you press to use it. I use this to hotkey Resta to my B Key when playing force so i dont fail pressing a number key and get blown up by enemies for it.

You probably have your PB on the 1 key, or coincidentally the key you have selected for the B button.

My MAG has around +45 ability, letting my level 9 ranger deal 500-600 damage with launcher PAs.

Level 9? Mag?

EXPLAIN YOURSELF

Edit: oh wait you must have just changed classes. Mai bad.

And its pretty stupid to have Striking / Ranged / Tech stat, just for Ability stat to just one-up them all by affecting the damage that really counts. Something about that forumla seems a bit off.

Dinosaur
Apr 21, 2012, 02:36 AM
Actually this is probably just a fluke.

You can use G and H to select a number from the Subpallete, and B is the key you press to use it. I use this to hotkey Resta to my B Key when playing force so i dont fail pressing a number key and get blown up by enemies for it.

You probably have your PB on the 1 key, or coincidentally the key you have selected for the B button.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Reia
Apr 21, 2012, 02:37 AM
If the ability thing is true It's worth a try, I'm going to try all classes in the OBT. I mean, Ability mag can be good if you start off as Hunter/Ranger and then switch off to the other class, then leave your alternate mag for a Force and raising it's Technique power considering mostly a Hunter/Ranger player leaves Force for last since it requires good gear and dedication to be a competitive force.

Edit: I was expecting to at least have 3 mags, since I'm forced to use 2 per character, this is kinda of a let down.

Arika
Apr 21, 2012, 02:46 AM
4. Accuracy

Actually, that doesn't mean accuracy. But I don't know what would be the best English word for it either. but it definitely doesn't mean Accuracy.

eharima
Apr 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
can you please specify the kind of items and stats you fed your mag if it evolved,
i dont wanna wait till lv 75 to evolve if i can do it at lv50 haha ><

Anon_Fire
Apr 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
4. Accuracy

There is no Accuracy or Evasion in PSO2. This actually translates to Ability.

eharima
Apr 21, 2012, 12:36 PM

edited first post

do you know what ability represents or what that stat effects? im unsure:???:

Xenobia
Apr 21, 2012, 01:52 PM
Very good question, we never had that stat before. It could mean so many different things.

Im not sure about accuracy, i still didnt test gunner yet, it would give me the answer. But evasion is taken out because its "active" and not anymore a passive stat (active in 2 ways even, dash or block). Until yet i wasnt able to find any "miss", so it seems like accuracy is always 100%, so a stat isnt required. Judging the active focus mode, the accuracy is taken out for same reason such as evasion, its active and its done manually. Not to hard i guess because ranger dont need to move a lot, while a hunter need to move like crazy. I will definitely test em all out, but the first 5 days i focus 1 char only, want to achieve some higher condition.

Kazzi
Apr 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hi! just to let you know my Mag evolved at level 62 into Unicorn. Its stats are;

20 striking
18 ability
23 physical defense

Spellbinder
Apr 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
edited first post

do you know what ability represents or what that stat effects? im unsure:???:

It affects your overall damage comparing your "ability" level to that of you're opponent. (based on the stat explanation on the beta website)

Kazzi
Apr 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
Another mag evolution, it became a cat like one. Level 53

28 Magic attack
14 ability
23 magic def

xBladeM6x
Apr 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
How are you guys leveling these so fast? And what does Ability do? If I'm trying to make a pure attack MAG / power MAG for my hunter, what am I suppose to feed it, or rather, does that "ability" stat do anything? Completely lost here.

eharima
Apr 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hi! just to let you know my Mag evolved at level 62 into Unicorn. Its stats are;
20 striking
18 ability
23 physical defense

Another mag evolution, it became a cat like one. Level 53
28 Magic attack
14 ability
23 magic def

Thakns very much!! Could you please tell the names of the evolved mag? or make picture, should be easy in katakana !!

It affects your overall damage comparing your "ability" level to that of you're opponent. (based on the stat explanation on the beta website)

so if you have higher ability level than your enemy you do more damage?
or other way round?? #_#

How are you guys leveling these so fast? And what does Ability do? If I'm trying to make a pure attack MAG / power MAG for my hunter, what am I suppose to feed it, or rather, does that "ability" stat do anything? Completely lost here.

I know! I am only to lv 20 and i thought i was trying hard XD
im making POW mag, but Im feeding mostly hunter weapons because they add the most % in POW and ABLILITY
Pure POW would just be monomate i think?
seems very long time to do mag raising.. 24second per -1% #_#

Sipher Mashai
Apr 21, 2012, 05:15 PM
Well i know you get the juices from the AC Scratch vendor but thats all

buri-chan
Apr 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah, in the AC gacha/scratch/whatever, you'll sometimes get juices that'll boost a single bar for three or more levels. You feed them to your mag through the second option on your mag (beneath normal feeding), and they appear at the very bottom of your inventory. Can't remember the color and pattern, sorry.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
Can someone print screen what they look like in the AC?

Kazzi
Apr 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thakns very much!! Could you please tell the names of the evolved mag? or make picture, should be easy in katakana !!

or other way round?? #_#

I know! I am only to lv 20 and i thought i was trying hard XD
im making POW mag, but Im feeding mostly hunter weapons because they add the most % in POW and ABLILITY
Pure POW would just be monomate i think?
seems very long time to do mag raising.. 24second per -1% #_#

The Unicorn one is named Raira. I'll have to ask what the cat like one is called, it's not my mag just a team members. Here's a screenshot of mine.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2yor1ub.jpg

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
Did you use the AC item to make yours? If so in the list what its look like and can you determine the stat that is raised?

Spellbinder
Apr 21, 2012, 11:45 PM

That's corect. :)

buri-chan
Apr 22, 2012, 12:06 AM
Well I'm too lazy/tired to look it up, so how do I activate the mag blast again?

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
Is it obligatory to set up defense for photon blasting? I wanna make my mags just like I did my PSO ones. Pure DPS!

Arika
Apr 22, 2012, 12:19 AM
Actually, that doesn't mean accuracy. But I don't know what would be the best English word for it either. but it definitely doesn't mean Accuracy.

After last post, I went to check other similar game that has this exactly word of status and have english version of the game. and it is "Skill"

Ability isn't an incorrect translate, but that is Chinese way of translation from 2 kanji. in JP language, they usually not work that way. This word is usually use as to compare "how skillful you are" It would be weird to ask who is stronger and compare "your ability vs enemy ability" It is more correct to compare "Your skill vs enemy skill"

The way of how status work is even same between 2 game.
Skill in another game work as to make your hit critical more, if you have higher skill than enemy.
And In PSO2, the skill also make critical chance and some boost in damage.

So I think Skill would be best way to translate it.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 04:17 AM
I found out that. While weapons increase the status and grants you ability, Mates grants you the same atribute depending on the quality and lowers the Ability and grant you defense (as the weapon type you use also reduce that kind of defense for the same amount of ability gained).

Monomates = ATP + DFP - ABL
Dimates = ATA + RDP - ABL
Trimates = TP + MST - ABL

Strike Weapons = ATP + ABL - DFP
Range Weapons = ATA + ABL - RDP
Tech Weapons = TP + ABL - MST

This is good if you don't want to raise ABL while upping ATP, ATA or TP. Keep using a balanced amount of weapons and said mate.

Pandarino
Apr 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well I'm too lazy/tired to look it up, so how do I activate the mag blast again?

really I am clueless

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
So....this "Skill" ability affects what? exactly?

Anon_Fire
Apr 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
So....this "Skill" ability affects what? exactly?

Amount of damage dealt.

buri-chan
Apr 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
Amount of damage dealt.

Are you sure on that? Because if so, it's a real piece of BS since Newman get the lowest for no evident reason.

Strauss
Apr 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
For anyone still unsure about how to use a mag's photon blast, you have to go to the subpalette and add it there.

Once it's set, you'll gradually see a segmented, thin orange bar that wraps around the PB icon when you get hit/do damage (I believe). This is PSO2's version of the PB gauge. When the gauge is completely full, your PB icon will light up and your HUD will look something like this:

White
Apr 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
Im hoping that ability wont effect tech damage. If it does then raising a force mag is going to confuse me.

eharima
Apr 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Amount of damage dealt.Are you sure on that? Because if so, it's a real piece of BS since Newman get the lowest for no evident reason.
We're still not sure how 'Ability' works, it could only affect striking and ranged PA's and not TECH's meaning by logic newmans have the highest MST natural bonus which is not affected by ability STAT ... maybe?

Finally got my mag to lv 50 and it evolved ^^ ^^
I got ライラ (raira) also it seems to be that striking + ability greater than the rest = raira
stats;
STRIKING 26
RANGED 5
TECH 0
ABILITY 18
S-DEF 0
R-DEF 0
T-DEF 0

Also my PB is pretty darn weak, any attack basically does more DMG, low HP regen is a godsend tho ^^
prove me wrong ? please post your stats and evoloutions!
some people are evolving way later than others, i guess that def levels dont count towards the evoloution or who knows !!

also updated first post with added info THANKS TO CONTIRBUTORS !!

buri-chan
Apr 22, 2012, 11:56 PM

Once it's set, you'll gradually see a segmented, thin orange bar that wraps around the PB icon when you get hit/do damage (I believe). This is PSO2's version of the PB gauge. When the gauge is completely full, your PB icon will light up and your HUD will look something like this:

I love you so much,

Dinosaur
Apr 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
Im hoping that ability wont effect tech damage. If it does then raising a force mag is going to confuse me.

It doesn't. I tested it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
If ability/skill determines how much damage is dealt...then how does that relate to melee/range/technic strength?

I plan on making a pure ability MAG just to see what happens.
Along with a pure Range and strength of course that make take forever....

foreignreign
Apr 23, 2012, 05:07 AM
I've noticed that whenever my "Repisu" Mag casts Foie, 5% hunger disappears from the bar.

Even when it tries to cast Foie but doesn't have a target.

xBladeM6x
Apr 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
How do you use the MAG's photon blast once it's 50+ and evolved?

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
So, my Mag is level 99.

That being said, it never evolved. It never gave me a Photon Blast power. It doesn't have any abilities. Why is this?

xBladeM6x
Apr 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
So, my Mag is level 99.

That being said, it never evolved. It never gave me a Photon Blast power. It doesn't have any abilities. Why is this?
What are your MAG levels specifically?

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
What are your MAG levels specifically?

Striking Support Lv. 23
Range Support Lv. 0
Technic Support Lv. 8
Ability Support Lv. 13
Striking Defense Lv. 10
Range Defense Lv. 15
Technic Defense Lv. 30

I'm guessing my issue is that I didn't level it "pure" enough. If so, that's bullshit. I shouldn't be punished with having a useless Mag just because I don't have the patience to sit there and find the same items over and over and feed them slowly. In PSO, your Mag evolved regardless of stat, and didn't just sit like a lump unless it was perfectly leveled.

/IhateMagsrant

Griffin
Apr 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
Striking Support Lv. 4
Range Support Lv. 2
Technic Support Lv. 3
Ability Support Lv. 24
Striking Defense Lv. 15
Range Defense Lv. 0
Technic Defense Lv. 2

These are mine and it evolved right at Level 50. So I dunno wth is going on with yours.

xBladeM6x
Apr 23, 2012, 12:29 PM
If I remember correctly, you need to have a 10-15 level difference between your highest and second highest stat. I don't mind it, but they should have made it plain as day that it's how you do it. Because it screws people who haven't known that, and have poured devices into their MAG. But eh.

Yours is still useful, btw Olaf. If you'd like, just use the one you have and level another while using it. :P

Crystal_Shard
Apr 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
@Big Olaf: Another option - you can use AC for a mag reset device if you aren't satisfied.

Spellbinder
Apr 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
Don't think it'd hurt to ask, so does anyone have the same photon blast as the NPC マールー? She's the girl with pinkish purple hair and the FOmarl dress. It summons up what I'd describe as some sort of aquatic creature and does area damage all around her.

GrandTickler
Apr 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
mine just now evolved at level 55.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ZFkyW.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

goombazoid
Apr 23, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't think it'd hurt to ask, so does anyone have the same photon blast as the NPC マールー? She's the girl with pinkish purple hair and the FOmarl dress. It summons up what I'd describe as some sort of aquatic creature and does area damage all around her.

Oh, I think I have that one. I haven't seen her photon blast but mine looks like a squid or like the bulclaw enemy from pso:

[spoiler-box]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/6/60937/1747081-bulclaw.png[/spoiler-box]

I've only used it once though, it seemed to do aoe damage. Here is my mag, it evolved at 55:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/reELL.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I'll go get a pic of my photon blast now, hopefully.

EDIT: Wow, that was more than I expected. I went to go do forest exploration to snap some pics of my PA and I ended up getting owned by dark ragne with some Japanese player and a bunch of NPCs.

If the NPC you were referring to is Maru or Maloo as the patch calls her then no, I don't think I have the same one. Her's looks like a dolphin I believe:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/uMDuS.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Mine actually looks more like Vol Opt, the boss of mines from PSO :S. It also seems to shoot out bullets in a forward motion.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/sO1FI.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Also here are both PBs on screen against Dark Ragne:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/n2H5K.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Gryffin
Apr 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
My Mag is level 77 and hasn't evolved... :(

His stats are 0, 0, 35, 12, 10, 10, 10.

Y U NO GROW

buri-chan
Apr 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Just because we were talking about Ability, I'll say it here: a guess is maybe it has to do with gun accuracy/spread. My tiddly amount of it and my Rifle shots were all over the place. Sorta like New Vegas with strength requirements for some guns. Also, some guns require it instead of R-ATK.

Gryffin
Apr 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
Oooooh, Buri good idea. Maybe Ability affects Speed? I find it hard to believe something that is so hard to NOT raise wouldn't assist every type. So maybe its attack speed?

White
Apr 23, 2012, 11:38 PM
Start developing your pure stat mag builds now, people! Daddy needs a new pure tech mag!

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
I haven't come across an item yet that works on specifically one type (Range,Striking,Technic) minus the AC stuff which is random.

From what I notice...

If you feed MAGs weapons of a specific type.... You'll end up with a hybrid of Weapon type/Ability.

For example if you feed mag nothing about melee weapons Striking Strength and ability go up only.

I'm slowlly working on Ability MAG (taking forever haha)
Can't seem to come across many items that work on Ability specifically....or atleast not add much to other stuff....would be nice if there items that went negative on certain stats...
Although for the most part from 0- ~100% is about 3 items.

level 25 atm

I bet the JP forums for pso2 knows....

Ceresa
Apr 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
I haven't come across an item yet that works on specifically one type (Range,Striking,Technic) minus the AC stuff which is random.

From what I notice...

If you feed MAGs weapons of a specific type.... You'll end up with a hybrid of Weapon type/Ability.

For example if you feed mag nothing about melee weapons Striking Strength and ability go up only.

I'm slowlly working on Ability MAG (taking forever haha)
Can't seem to come across many items that work on Ability specifically....or atleast not add much to other stuff....

level 25 atm

I bet the JP forums for pso2 knows....

Tech discs are ability only, the 3 star ones in particular give a nice boost. There's also a couple furniture pieces that are 5 stars for only 400 meseta at the shop, though they give less than the 3 star tech discs.

But I'm wondering where this ability increases damage comes from. I made a 40 ability mag recently and none of my PA (or regular) damage went up from switching between it and no mag, either on gunslash, rifle, launcher, or techs.

Spellbinder
Apr 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
The Japanese explanation felt a bit vague when I looked on the beta site, but I think it has to do with critical damage or something. It said your "expected damage" will increase the higher your ability is in comparison to your opponent.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 24, 2012, 12:44 AM
Yea tech discs is pretty mucha ll i've been using guess that's the best can do :P

Can't help but wonder will there be 2nd and 3rd evolutions in the final game...

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2012, 12:49 AM
Maybe Skill is critical chance and critical increase %?

Also, does ANYONE have any ideas relating to getting a mag to evolve? Mine is sitting pretty at 78 now, I'm afraid to level it anymore, lest I end up with a 99 unevolved mag. :(

eharima
Apr 24, 2012, 02:13 AM
Maybe Skill is critical chance and critical increase %?

Also, does ANYONE have any ideas relating to getting a mag to evolve? Mine is sitting pretty at 78 now, I'm afraid to level it anymore, lest I end up with a 99 unevolved mag. :(

what are the stats? mine evolved at 50 with just striking > ability

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 03:29 AM
Start developing your pure stat mag builds now, people! Daddy needs a new pure tech mag!

It actually seems pretty simple, for Pure Attack of any type at least.

Mates give Attack + Defense - Ability, and Weapons give Attack - Defense + Ability, so you just switch back and forth between the two to neutralize the Defense and Ability.

If you want Ability, feed it Discs (I believe they are Pure Ability - Everything else, but I'm not online to check at the moment).

For Defense...I don't know off the top of my head.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
For Defense...I don't know off the top of my head.
I notice that the equip item tend to do the defense stats with a mix of the ability....

Think it varies on what type of equip it is (whether it's striking,range,technic,etc)

Think Imma just get a mag and just feed it nothing but equip stuff (Randomly) and see what I get.

But making pure ability comes first in my list seeing that i'll be a tad more difficult to make oppose to others....

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
I got a full Ability mag at Level 55 now. More of a pain than usual to use Rank 3 Discs at this point.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 24, 2012, 03:41 AM
Do you see a difference while using the Ability mag? Or is it better off to use a Weapon type/Ability hybrid?
Still seems to be uncertain what ability does :/

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 03:41 AM
I notice that the equip item tend to do the defense stats with a mix of the ability....

Think it varies on what type of equip it is (whether it's striking,range,technic,etc)

Think Imma just get a mag and just feed it nothing but equip stuff (Randomly) and see what I get.

But making pure ability comes first in my list seeing that i'll be a tad more difficult to make oppose to others....

Yeah, it's probably just whatever type of Armor part you use.

Just off the top of my head: Arm parts are probably Striking, Leg parts are probably Ranged, and Back/Head parts are probably Technic. So for defense it's once again just an issue of neutralizing the extra Attack/Ability.

Honestly I wonder if pure stat is even the best way to go for a Mag. We don't really know much. My Beta Mag is going to be Technic Attack > Technic Defense, I'll see what happens.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 24, 2012, 03:44 AM
Figured can't go wrong with Weapon Type/ Ability Hybrid.
Of course since now there's also the defense aspect to it...kind of opens a new door of capabilities....

Who knows...in the future there might be mobs in the game that are stupid powerful where defense is key to survival...for any class

BIG OLAF
Apr 24, 2012, 04:14 AM
Considering I'm beyond pissed about my Mag basically glitching and being useless (level 99 with no evolution, Photon Blast, or special abilities), can anyone tell me where to get another one?

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 04:18 AM
Considering I'm beyond pissed about my Mag basically glitching and being useless (level 99 with no evolution, Photon Blast, or special abilities), can anyone tell me where to get another one?

Arks Cash Shop. Look for マグ in the item name. I believe the first one is a ticket to get a new Mag(So you'll have two, at a limit of ten), and the second one is to reset the points on a Mag.

GrandTickler
Apr 24, 2012, 04:21 AM
what do u guys think is better for a hunter? pure S-atk, pure ability, or a hybrid between those 2? im thinking of making a new char with a pure s-atk mag. is the damage i get from 1 level s-atk the same as 1 level of ablity?

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2012, 08:09 AM
what are the stats? mine evolved at 50 with just striking > ability

Something like 0,0, 36, 12, 10, 10, 10.... I will be so heartbroken if he doesn't evolve. :(

Dinosaur
Apr 24, 2012, 08:24 AM
what do u guys think is better for a hunter? pure S-atk, pure ability, or a hybrid between those 2? im thinking of making a new char with a pure s-atk mag. is the damage i get from 1 level s-atk the same as 1 level of ablity?

Build both. You'll want more S-atk though.

Omega-z
Apr 24, 2012, 08:43 AM
So, what's everyone highest DPS with there MAG Blast and which Blast is it?

Mines the 6 Arm Gennie of Doom. It's pretty cool, It can stay out a long time beating on foe's, Great on Bosses too. one nice thing is it can warp down it's target to continue to beat on it's foe/'s right now the attack is low ( 28 at max per hit ) but it hit with all 6 of it's Arm's which count's for there own hit and it does it pretty fast not sure how many times I would guess between 10 - 20 times for 15 - 20 sec's. The cool thing is Photon Flare Adds and Shifta Adds to it's power. for me add like 12 dmg. End Result I can do some where between 1680 - 3360 in DPS with it at Max so far and it a Lv. 51.

stat's are

Ab. 18
str D. 12
rng. D. 9
tec. D. 11
:):rappy:

soniczx
Apr 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
I've been feeding 7 different mag each with focus on different major stats, give me 24 hours or less and i'll have them all at level 50 and i'll post the screenshots of each evolution and PB.

Not sure if they'll actually evolve cause i've been feeding quite randomly...

Reia
Apr 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
Atm considering that The Ranger have a total Borderlands gimmick that headshot means critical hit, Raising ability is a way to go, the problem is that if you like to use the toobs or the Launcher, you might want some R-Atk since its impossible to score a headshot on enemies that aren't the one the projectile hits it head. Shotgun PA works if the same types of enemies shows up and your aim is above their chests to score a multiple shotgun headshot (like you do in Resident Evil 4 and 5 since the shotgun spread works the same way). Also every 10 levels of each stats, its start raising slower and except the ABL Asura/Kenshiro mag, I haven't see purist mags having good photon blast damage. In short, Make an ABL mag if you don't wanna buy mags and play multiple classes, make a hybrid mag if you plan to buy mags or main only one class. ABL also raises critical rate, I tested it in my 49 ABL mag and I do score a lot of criticals, but my damage with 40% elemental weapons is a bit sad. Like 400-600 If they don't critical hit with the photon arts.

And Why I recommend Hybrids, not because it's easy to level up but, something I learned from MMOs is that, Big raw damage and low critical rate makes you sadface, but you're an epic fail if you have a high critical rate with no base damage.

Edit: In the case of ranger, you might prefer not adding Ability, since you can critical if you dare use the manual aiming which I'm doing and you see larger critical numbers with Full ATA than Full ABL by testing damage with both at LV40 a Full ATA and a Full ABL mag. Full ATA mag seems to give the best performance but I don't encourage to build it during the CBT, it will take you weeks to finish it.

WiZ1988
Apr 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure about how to get a mag. I looked thru this thread but didn't see anything. Thanks ahead of time. Any info would be helpful.

Reia
Apr 24, 2012, 02:54 PM
First Step: Reach LV 10

Second Step: Meet Koffie (The girl next to the operator of the Quest Counter on the right) and take the Mag License Test (Client Order).

Third Step: Play Forest Free area and kill Rockbears, they drop their horn as a quest item (Yellow Box)

Final Step: Go back to Koffie and claim your Client Order Reward, that is your first mag.

WiZ1988
Apr 24, 2012, 02:59 PM

Second Step: Meet Koffie (The girl next to the operator of the Quest Counter on the right) and take the Mag License Test (Client Order).

Third Step: Play Forest Free area and kill Rockbears, they drop their horn as a quest item (Yellow Box)

Final Step: Go back to Koffie and claim your Client Order Reward, that is your first mag.

Thanks.

WiZ1988
Apr 24, 2012, 03:37 PM

Is this the lady your talking about in this picture? She says 2 sentences and that's about it. Thx for help

Skyly
Apr 24, 2012, 05:23 PM
Anyone figure out the whole "ability" thing to see if it affects your PA damage?

soniczx
Apr 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
I've done my part. Hopefully someone is willing to edit these screenshots to be viewable in one post.
Here's my summary:

Mag Evolution only have 4 types in total, striking, range, tech and ability.
Support and Defense does not give a different evolution (Example: Striking Support vs Striking Defense)
4 evolution means only 4 different types of Photon Burst available
What each Photon Burst does:

a) Striking : Unicorn form, charges target twice (back and forth)
b) Ranged : Jellyfish(?) form, 3 shots at target
c) Technique : Fish form, PP regenaration to caster (since there is a blue circle around caster, possibly others nearby as well?)
d) Ability : Form with 6 arms, teleports to target and does 6-7 melee attacks, does it for 3 times
Mag's colour depends on your costume's colour.

Screenshot link : http://photobucket.com/PSO2mags

DemonMike
Apr 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
I find the OP quite interesting regarding the fact it's a lot slower to raise a mag on Online 2 than Online. It's pretty well balanced considering how fast you can raise them and the amount of items that you can feed them with now.

I'm having the same problem as Online with my Mag though, I keep forgetting to check on it haha

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2012, 06:03 PM
I've done my part. Hopefully someone is willing to edit these screenshots to be viewable in one post.
Here's my summary:

Support and Defense does not give a different evolution (Example: Striking Support vs Striking Defense)

c) Technique : Fish form, PP regenaration to caster (since there is a blue circle around caster, possibly others nearby as well?)
d) Ability : Form with 6 arms, teleports to target and does 6-7 melee attacks, does it for 3 times

I like the info you've provided... Do you have any insight on the Mags that aren't evolving at 50?

I like the info you've provided... Do you have any insight on the Mags that aren't evolving at 50?

soniczx
Apr 24, 2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry, no idea on mags that does not evolve... all of mine successfully evolve at lv50... perhaps the stats shown in my screenshots may help you...

Link1275
Apr 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
Sega is going to definitely have re-vamp the mag system before release Not getting a PB or a mag evolve until it hits level 50? With that system mag raising will take too long and mags will be ignored by a large majority of newcomers to the series.

soniczx
Apr 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
I dont think its hard to raise them to 50 if you feed it with random items, i manage to raise all 6 of mine together to 50 in 2~3 days (first one is an exception cause its been with me for much longer time)...

Of course, if you want a pure stat then that'll take much more effort....

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 08:09 PM
I got my Mag to 50, 30 Technic Attack, 20 Technic Defense. I got the Jellyfish thing. I dunno if it's random or the stat decides the PB. I'm not even sure what it does. I've seen the AI use it several times and have no clue what it does.

Skyly
Apr 24, 2012, 08:38 PM
Anyone figure out the whole "ability" thing to see if it affects your PA damage?

?????

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2012, 10:56 PM
Aaaaallright! Mag Mystery discovered! My mag evolved once I put 1 in melee and 1 in range. I think it requires 1 in every offensive stat to evolve. :) (It just hit level 80, haha.)

Spellbinder
Apr 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Here's my summary:

The only thing I have disagree with here is that there are only 4 Photon Blasts. I say this because the NPC マールー, while having the same mag evolution as I do (Technique) uses an offensive Photon Blast instead of PP regeneration. (which makes me jealous)

Mike
Apr 24, 2012, 11:35 PM
Sega is going to definitely have re-vamp the mag system before release Not getting a PB or a mag evolve until it hits level 50? With that system mag raising will take too long and mags will be ignored by a large majority of newcomers to the series.
I'd have to disagree with this. It may take a while for mags to evolve but they are easy to feed and there is a tutorial client order that explains how they work. Mags also show up when equipped to your character and things that do that tend to catch the attention of everybody.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 25, 2012, 12:37 AM
?????
Don't think anyone knows yet...only thing I've seen that "may" be that it increase chance of critical hits....although this hasn't been fully confirmed yet...

soniczx
Apr 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
The only thing I have disagree with here is that there are only 4 Photon Blasts. I say this because the NPC マールー, while having the same mag evolution as I do (Technique) uses an offensive Photon Blast instead of PP regeneration. (which makes me jealous)

I've noticed that as well, its a circle of spikes IIRC.... not sure what i can do to get that. I've already evolved them all with different major stats and still get same ones =\

Spellbinder
Apr 25, 2012, 01:49 AM
I've noticed that as well, its a circle of spikes IIRC.... not sure what i can do to get that. I've already evolved them all with different major stats and still get same ones =\

While our mags only go to 99, the actual cap for mags is 200, so my guess is that past 100 we can learn another photon blast but perhaps can only set 1 at a time.

RocSage
Apr 29, 2012, 08:11 PM
I decided to check something since I had so many devices from blowing all my AC.

Turns out that if you say each level of stat the mag has is 100 pts then a device adds 500pts, or 5 lvls. You say you know that? I know that you probably know that.

The thing I looked at is as you level up that stat you get less from each item which means there is a modifier. Giving the semi-arbitrary of 100 allows us to do some math though and what results is;

From level 0 to 9 the modifier is a "/1," or rather, you get the full effect.
From level 10 to 19 though the modifier is "/2." That means instead of the 500 points you normally get, you instead get 250 (or 2.5 levels).
I would expect something like a 2.5 or some fractional modifier rather than 3 at this moment, but I found that what you get is precisely that, a modifier of "/3" from 20 to 29.

So;
00-19 = item pts /1
10-29 = item pts /2
20-39 = item pts /3

and from that we can predict the modifier out;
30-39 = item pts /4
40-49 = item pts /5
50-59 = item pts /6
60-69 = item pts /7
70-79 = item pts /8
80-89 = item pts /9
90-99 = item pts /10

Obviously if this goes all the way out to say 200 the modifier is /20 in which case a device would be worth 500/20 or 25 pts or 1/4 a bar, which isn't that bad with normal items, but that is a huge drop overall. The good thing however is that /10 and /20 because the points are so low at that point it isn't that big of a drop in over all efficiency.

goombazoid
Apr 29, 2012, 10:32 PM
Aaaaallright! Mag Mystery discovered! My mag evolved once I put 1 in melee and 1 in range. I think it requires 1 in every offensive stat to evolve. :) (It just hit level 80, haha.)

My mag evolved at 55 with only having points in ranged, ability and striking defense. Never had any levels in the other offense skills.

eharima
Apr 30, 2012, 02:13 PM
So my mag got a second evolution at lv96 and gained a different PB ...
did yours?
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/RCLtZ.jpg [/spoiler-box]
Im stoked to hear the return of mag cell's !! :D :D

Spellbinder
Apr 30, 2012, 02:40 PM
So my mag got a second evolution at lv96 and gained a different PB ...
did yours?
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/RCLtZ.jpg [/spoiler-box]
Im stoked to hear the return of mag cell's !! :D :D

Did you still have access to the previous photon blast?

Arika
May 4, 2012, 03:32 AM
I suggest that the front page translate should just change the "Ability/Skill" into just "Skill" already.

The status is work for critical chance boost and also work to enhance power of each melee and range PA. So ability doesn't fit into this definition.

Only personal skill would grant more critical and effectiveness of sword-play, shooting. Ability isn't suit the meaning.

stheno
May 4, 2012, 03:42 AM
The status is work for critical chance boost and also work to enhance power of each melee and range PA.

Don't forget that the ability stat also factors in to how much damage you receive. If your ability stat is higher than the enemy ability stat, there is a good chance that you will only receive 1 damage. Jellen for example reduces enemy ability stat.

Spellbinder
May 4, 2012, 04:03 AM
Was it mentioned somewhere that Ability has no effect on Techniques?

Goat666
May 4, 2012, 04:14 AM
Was it mentioned somewhere that Ability has no effect on Techniques?

On this thread, Dinosaur wrote that he tested and it doesn't.
From what I could gather around, it looks like it reduces damage taken when yours is higher than the enemy's and boosts critical rate.
I'm still wondering if it raises PA's damage and just what else exactly does it do.

Spellbinder
May 4, 2012, 04:17 AM
I checked the Japanese boards, and they were saying something about it possibly being bugged with Techniques. There were also claims that high Ability also helps keep your damage a consistent amount, closing the gap between your minimum and maximum damage. Might post over there later to collect more information.

chiyonictrilostick
May 4, 2012, 04:35 AM
From the perspective of someone who knows Chinese, we have in order:

Striking power
Shooting power
Technic power (literally 法 Fa - meaning method or possibly a shortening of 佛法 Fofa - meaning magic arts.)
Ability/skill amount (literally 技 Ji - ability, skill [also means technology/technique but doesn't make sense in context]; 量 Liang - amount, measure)
Striking defense
Shooting defense
Technic defense (see technic power for translation notes)

The bottom says "HP恢复A" meaning "Hp recovery A" and the beginning of what's before it... the "支授 Zhishou" means "Support instruction".

Sorry, that's the only Kanji in there, can't read the rest. :P

Note: The character used for "power" is 擊 meaning "to beat something" (it also means "attack" but is rarely used in that context) which I find hilarious.

you do know this game is in japanese and not chinese right? I don't know how similar the two are but it'd be like comparing american with mexican, two totally different things. i suggest you to stop doing this right now.

Spellbinder
May 4, 2012, 04:41 AM
Base meanings are generally the same, but when placed in actually vocabulary or interpreted from the typical Tanaka-san point of view, your mileage may vary. All those stat labels were spot on though.

kudo
May 4, 2012, 04:42 AM
Kanji is derived from chinese. Pretty much more than half of the words share the same meaning individually. Still pretty useful but it starts getting wonky when you add in phrases and the fact that you can't read kana and don't know context.

Still, why are you so opposed to it?

stheno
May 4, 2012, 04:51 AM
I don't know how similar the two are but it'd be like comparing american with mexican, two totally different things. i suggest you to stop doing this right now.

You admit not knowing how similar they are, yet you are giving an example of how similar they are. I suggest you stop doing this right now.

kudo
May 4, 2012, 04:57 AM
You admit not knowing how similar they are, yet you are giving an example of how similar they are. I suggest you stop doing this right now.
Haha that was good xD

Arika
May 4, 2012, 09:36 AM
My point isn't about that tho, I would say that this word actually have no true translation word in english, it could translate into "skill"(This is what other game interpret it) or "ability"(chinese) but skill is much more fit.

Look at many localized strategy game that pilot or character has this status, they all call it as "skill"

Example1:
Say?
your skill is higher than enemy so you shoot more critical.
or Your ability is higher than enemy so you shoot more critical?

Example2:
Say?
Your skill is high, so your PA become stronger!!
or Your ability is high, so your PA become stronger?

Skill is more fit to be official word, just saying.

Omega-z
May 4, 2012, 11:06 AM
Spellbinder - Is Correct I was able to get Ability on my Tech's but not the Normal weapon attack's but there Damage was very even around 2~4 damage top's. So, I can say it was most likely Bugged then If not everyone was able to do it.

But yes it increases Cirt. Rate and add's in Multiple Parry (since it does the same thing as the PSU version but with a higher rate).

Jinketsu
May 4, 2012, 07:04 PM
you do know this game is in japanese and not chinese right? I don't know how similar the two are but it'd be like comparing american with mexican, two totally different things. i suggest you to stop doing this right now.

...American is not a language.

Chinese and japanese are not similar in any respect, though knowing one would certainly help in understanding the idea of the other when trying to learn, I would think. I'm pretty sure that's what he was implying.

Don't be so closed minded :)

Gardios
May 4, 2012, 07:21 PM
技量 can be translated as both skill and ability in Japanese and they're used interchangeably in games anyway - however, translating it as Ability here is better to avoid confusion with スキル/Skills.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 4, 2012, 07:22 PM

Chinese and japanese are not similar in any respect, though knowing one would certainly help in understanding the idea of the other when trying to learn, I would think. I'm pretty sure that's what he was implying.

most but not all of the chinese characters have the exact same definition as kanji (chinese characters in japanese).

on a more interesting note, it seems like more advanced vocabulary tends to be the same in both chinese and japanese (like the term philosophy), but basic stuff like fast, pretty, slow, etc, tends to be more different.

biggest difference would definitely be pronunciation for the most part. sometimes they sound similar but at other times yeah they're completely different.

Hayde
May 4, 2012, 07:32 PM

Well, if you're going to be specific, Mexican isn't a language either :p I can't count the number of times my hispanic friends back in middle/high school would get pissed if we called Spanish "Mexican" heh.

Anyway, to emphasis on the bolded aspect someone already stated this but Kanji from Japanese is more or less derived from its Chinese origins. Now, this doesn't mean that all the words match up--because they certainly do not. However chiyonictrilostick was not quite right when he said they weren't similar at all. If you know Kanji either in the form of Chinese or Japanese, chances are you're probably going at least understand *some* of the context for the other.

I guess, ironically--what I'm trying to say is, if you were an English speaker trying to learn Spanish in school, you're going to find similarities because the languages are somewhat similar. Sure you're not going to ace it over night, but you're going to pick up some words immediately because of it. In that sense, you could compare Japanese and Chinese kanji in that same manner. Of course, we're not talking Romaji here so I can't really compare script/symbols to alphabets; but I think you can understand my tangent.