PDA

View Full Version : Client Freezing

Zaix
Apr 20, 2012, 08:16 PM
On one of my computers, the client will freeze up and freeze the entire computer and require a hard reboot. It just does this at random places. Even at minimum settings, the whole computer will freeze randomly. It does this at the title screen, the user agreement, the opening video, the character select screen, in the lobby...wherever.

PC specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU X9650 (3.00 GHz)
4 gigs of RAM
GeForce GTX 280 (x2 SLi enabled)

It shouldn't be freezing...but it is. Any ideas out there?

EDIT: All drivers and windows are updated.
EDIT2: Other games such as Star Wars the Old Republic run with absolutely no problem on max settings...so its something PSO2 related. The Character Creator has the same problem.

Meena09
Apr 21, 2012, 01:20 AM
not sure you might just be running into a legit bug that has yet to be resolved, but i've noticed that changing the resolution during gameplay will result in a crash so try changing to full screen. this helped me a bit but I still get a freeze when non-party members chat in multi-party areas.

Zaix
Apr 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
For now running fullscreen has resolved it. It would be nice to use windowed at times on it though.

Xenobia
Apr 21, 2012, 09:42 AM
I had that problem 2 times so far... whole PC freezed, hard reboot only option.

Guess its a client issue, and yes, i run windowed because i have issue getting a true fullscreen...

In term its only me, then i would have suggested a hardware issue, but it seems like its not only me... so then its certainly client caused. The CC didnt cause any freeze however, just the beta.